#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

:GM_FCA:

20 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!

:yahoo:

22 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Man, that sounds like a great interview. Can't wait to read more about it. Is there any way to purchase this interview without getting a membership? Or will I have to wait a month or two for that? Please Houston peeps?

treenuts, I agree with you about his "I am me" attitude. Not many people are like that, in my opinion, and it's what makes him charming and fascinating to me. Also sometimes infuriating, but I usually get over it quickly. *g* (BTW, treenuts, I hope you feel better soon. Fall colds are the worst...)

On the other hand, I totally agree with him on the "Touch" thing. After a few listens of that song, I was pretty much done with. I still listen to MOAM from time to time, and that's the one song on the album that I don't think has dated well.

kf, thanks for the transcripts and screenshots. He's so handsome, and articulate, and dweemy.

He thinks he's now the "original me." Everything is shed, he's more comfortable being himself, and saying what he wants. He has no pretense. He walked to that interview in his pajamas -- he walked right down the street in his Cinnamon Toast Crunch t-shirt. He had little pretense before, now he has none. People say aren't you going to comb your hair when he goes out.

Last words, "I am me."

THIS is a big part of what I love about Clay. I know it's common practice in this fandom to kvetch about the hair and clothing choices at times.....ok, most of the time...heh....but I have never understood it because this^^is a part of him that both fascinates me and endears him to me. :wub:

Clay: There's a song on my first album I've never been comfortable with and never performed. I didn't like it and didn't like the way it was produced.

Ernie: Your fans are going to want to know which ...

Clay: Oh they are well aware of which one.

I still don't get what he's so bugged about Touch.

He has sung far more suggestive songs than that on stage as well as suggestive dancing and kissing Casey.Hmmm... So what the heck is it other than the production of the recording? Which wouldn't have anything to do with a live performance. Especially since he would just have it arranged differently anyway.

Feel better treenuts! Clay's hair has never bothered me either. If I were perfect, I might complain about it but, yikes, you know the answer to that one.

Wasn't "Touch" the song where the guy recording it commented about sleeping on the floor while he was working. What a fool!

Don't ask why I'm still up at an ungodly hour, but I am...but I just finished a small(ish) project and got some old-new stuff up and I'd hate to have my hard work go unseen...so here's a few wallpapers I made a couple years ago (except the Christmas one. I did that just this last year): http://shortyicons.livejournal.com/6360.html

Very nice shortyjill. I love the Christmas wallpaper.

Thanks keepingfaith and merrieeee. I'm looking forward to more about the interview.

Have a great day. Off to vote bc.

Totally random observation.....I was watching Windsor clack and at one point Ruben says "you want a knuckle sandwich, boy?" to which Clay replies quietly "too hairy". Ha ha, CMSU! The things you miss the first time around (even in person) but you catch on the clack.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing the Chicago interview....eventually.

He has sung far more suggestive songs than that on stage as well as suggestive dancing and kissing Casey.Hmmm... So what the heck is it other than the production of the recording? Which wouldn't have anything to do with a live performance. Especially since he would just have it arranged differently anyway.

He said he hasn't sung that song since he recorded it and doesn't intend to. I no longer think it has anything to do with the song being suggestive. When he commented about the production of it, made me wonder if he didn't like the producer. Isn't this one he went to London to record? Anyway, it almost felt personal, like it was about more than the song. As if he didn't want people associated with it, whether songwriters, producer, arranger, whoever, to get anything more from it. That was my instinctive take -- that cutting this song out was a big FU to somebody.

He said he hasn't sung that song since he recorded it and doesn't intend to. I no longer think it has anything to do with the song being suggestive. When he commented about the production of it, made me wonder if he didn't like the producer. Isn't this one he went to London to record? Anyway, it almost felt personal, like it was about more than the song. As if he didn't want people associated with it, whether songwriters, producer, arranger, whoever, to get anything more from it. That was my instinctive take -- that cutting this song out was a big FU to somebody.

This is the first I'm hearing this take on the song, but I thought I had read somewhere that Clive "snuck" the song onto the album even after Clay said he didn't want it on there. Or maybe that's just a part of the whole story. I wasn't a fan yet when MOAM came out so I heard none of the back stories to any of the songs or studio time or anything till later. I still don't know much about the making of that album.

I get into a Starbucks about 6 times a year. HOWEVER -- my husband and I have an espresso machine, so we make our own! (Save money that way too!)

Ah! Now I know what I want for my birthday! AN ESPRESSO MACHINE! Can you die from caffeine overdose?

I thought I might die from something else last night. What a panic. I'm sitting at my computer typing a post about drinking coffee, and I get an itch around the crook of my left arm, and see what looks like an itchy mosquito bite. I continued to scratch it a time or two, looked down and half my arm was red, my veins all clearly visible and big hard swelling at the original "site" -- freaked me out. I look a benadryl and put benadryl gel all over my arm but the swelling was hard and getting bigger. I put a bag of frozen vegetables over my arm and force drank water -- at least 4 or 5 full glasses. Of course I have an epi-pen, and when I realized I was having some difficulty swallowing I went for it, only to see that it had expired and I was afraid to use it. Everyone was gone in the house. My son in Dallas, everyone else at Grandma's for the night. I wondered if I were going to have to call EMS. I ran cold water over my arm, continued to drink water and took another benadryl. Then slowly but surely it started improving. By this morning all I have left is a knot at the bite-site. Anyway, through it all, I could only think, "Why is this happening now? I CAN'T miss this interview."

And I didn't. I'm such a Clay-focused human that I think it may be life-saving in some respects -- because I willed myself to overcome whatever that was just because Clay was coming on. Otherwise, I would have called the paramedics!

I wish I knew WTF bit me. If mosquitos are doing that to me now, I'm in trouble.

Regarding AI, Ernie said: What I think is funny and that people may not remember, in the beginning, to win it was the prize. There was no second place -- you didn't win. You changed all that.

Clay: Back then, we all felt that if we could just make it to the TV show our lives would be set. Then if we could make it to the Top 12. But you can't stop working. There's no free ride. There are people who have won Idol in years beyond mine who haven't been able to parlay it into the same sorts of success that say Jennifer Hudson or Chris Daughtry or other people have been able to do. And I think it has to do with the amount of work people are willing to put in.

Ernie: When you didn't win ...

Clay: You keep saying that as much as possible ...

Ernie: Please, we know the story.

ETA: Woo-hoo, I just realized I became a Chairman a few posts ago.

:GA_FCA:

Many thnx to keepingfaith, merrieeee, JoJobugs, and texwriter for your recaps of Clay's 'InnerVIEW' with KUHT, the main topic of the new Carolina On My Mind blog. Special thnx to kf for the five cellphone photos, which supply the art. :flirtysmile3:

Thank you for your blog visits/comments, Facebook reports, tweets/retweets, links on other boards, etc. The comments are so important. When I posted the "new blog" info on my FB wall, the site quoted the first comment that had already come in. :whistling-1:

Hopefully, the National Inclusion Project is poised to make a move. Time is running out, despite all the kewl Pepsi images Bottle brings us. :)

Happy TGIF, all! Have an awesome weekend! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Hee! keepingfaith totally missed my little joke. Bwahaha.

...and they have bathrooms, too.

00lsee... is that an inside joke, cause I missed it, too... LOL

Starbucks. The only thing I ordered in there I had to give up when I became a diabetic - the caramel apple cider with whipped cream LOL. Oh the memories.

So somebody changed the radio station at work from easy listening oldies that has a combination of pop and r&B stuff to classic rock. It drove me freaking crazy although it's at a very low buzz. We can listen to our ipods at work but mine has bit the dust! sigh. That moves to the top of the list cuz not being about to listen to Clay or at the very least people who sing songs that Clay also sings I might not survive.

When is the Chicago concert... I hope you all have a good time and I know you will. If there was no concerts next year I'd be a bit sad I guess but there's much to look forward to!

Couchie...I have an unused MP3 player if you want it (still in package)

keeping... I've always felt he had some negative association with that song, but it's not like him to hold a grudge, so who the heck knows.

I'm glad you survived that bite!!! Maybe a sneaky spider???

Thanks for the pics and the recap of that interview. I'm going to have to buy it when it become available, so keep us posted, please!

IIRC the story about it being changed or snuck onto the album was fanlore that got turned into stone cold fact in some quarters.

I can only speak to what I don't like about the song. I don't like the beat. Or the melody. Or the lyrics. And I especially don't like the intro bars. To me it sounds cheesy and dated. Like someone said ... "hey guys how about one with a faux-Latin sound?"

Maybe Clay really just doesn't like the song? *shrug* Not everything is a vast Clive-wing conspiracy :cryingwlaughter:

Hey Jamar! I see your team is safely in the playoffs or are you still holding your breath. I tend to agree that he just didn't like the song.

I'm so happy to have sound back on my computer. Now I can listen to Clay while I work at home. Today is As Long As We're Here's turn. Can anyone else listen to one song for hours heee.

KF I had something weird like that happen to me too. Never knew what caused it. But I'm left with these small black spots in a circle on my arm. Weirdest thing ever. I thought it was some sort of bite but who knows.

Hee! keepingfaith totally missed my little joke. Bwahaha.

...and they have bathrooms, too.

00lsee... is that an inside joke, cause I missed it, too... LOL

Ha, yes...on the way back from Biloxi, keepingfaith was jonesing for Starbucks, but there didn't seem to be any 'on the way', that is, near the freeway. It was also about time for a potty break! Suddenly, like a bolt out of the blue, someone, maybe keepingfaith, remembered Starbucks could often be found in Target stores. Sure enough, we found a Target 'on the way', stopped, fulfilled her craving...and yes, they have bathrooms, too.

That was the joke. And 'cause she missed my first reference, I just had to tag her a second time. That was a FUUUUUNNNN trip, yo! I love my travel buddies. :)

The eternal lurker just sneaking back in to post a bit . . . .

keepingfaith, I was horrified by what you had to go through with that bite you described, and I'm sure I wouldn't have known all the smart things you did to counteract the swelling, etc. If you ever find out what kind of critter it might have been, please let us know. I'm sure some us will have nightmares about creepy-crawlies attacking us too. And on a different topic entirely, I just have to add that your posts about Clay are so often like therapy for me--your kindness, your knowledge, and your depth of understanding often seem to be exactly what I needed to think about and feel. Always excellent--thank you ! :clap:

Oh, and about "Touch," there may very well be all kinds of reasons that Clay has so convincingly turned his back on that song. I'm just wading in here with the only evidence I recall--from the long (and very candid) interview he did with Larry Flick. Clay says emphatically that there's nothing he likes about "Touch." Given TnT, which he says is the CD he's been waiting all this time to make, he talks about what we already know--he's obviously very particular about his music. Songs need to meet various criteria (melody, etc.), or he doesn't even want to sing them live. During the discussion about "Touch," Flick also adds his comment: "It's not very good," he whispers, and Clay giggles.

:hello: to headoverheels. Don't be a stranger.

:hello: to everyone else

Hurray for The National Inclusion Project being 18 this morning. Thanks for the reminder bc. Does everyone know that if you register for reminders at www.inclusionproject.org you could be eligible to win an ipad in a drawing if they win the $50,000.? The voting takes a little longer to complete each day but be persistent.

Bought a new pair of pants and top for wearing at the Gala and took them in for alterations yesterday. The woman said I'm leaving the country for two weeks so you have to pick them up by 11 tomorrow. I'm freaking out and writing myself reminders all over the place today.

:GM_FCA:

19 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

21 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Couchie, I still have a swollen lump where I was bitten. It freaks me out that a spider could have been on my arm and I wouldn't have noticed. My powers of observation aren't what they used to be, but missing a spider on my body is just ridiculous. I did get my epi-pen refilled yesterday.

headoverheels, you just made me feel so good first thing in the morning, I can't even tell you. That was pure sweetness on your part. It's real easy for me to express my feelings and opinions about Clay because I luvzzzzz him so much! Thanks again for making my day!

I think we should put "Touch" back to sleep. I can't even enjoy listening to a song that Clay dislikes so much that he still talks about it. I think Clay does a lot with the song and sings it so well, but I'm with jamar regarding the intro and the faux-Latin vibe. The production didn't match what Clay brought to the song; but, my goodness, he doesn't like it in any way, shape or form.

I was just thinking, most of the boards have names for their members, i.e., Meers at the Clack House and CVers at Clayversity, what are we? We find him here, so are we Finders? Or are we Seekers? Or are we Lickers?