#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

So glad to see October finally here!!! looking forward to Chicago concert and Gala!!! seeing all the clayfans and you know who!!! :04:

Where is the after gala breakfast thread here? could someone direct me please?

Here you go: after Gala breakfast

Thanks!

FearofH2O, I'm going to Chicago and gala, looking forward to meeting you at Gala and breakfast this year! But you know I won't be going to T&T tour in Feb-March! hopefully you will be able to go to the T&T concerts.

Yes preden, I've already got tickets for Charlotte and Greenville. Not the actual tickets but I did order them. These two are closer to home for me. Greenville the farthest is three hours from home. Hopefully something will work out and you might go to at least one. I had a ticket for PA but gave it up due to the travel time to get there. I'm thinking about Knoxville too, but it might be a pipe dream.

I'll update the list of who is going to breakfast tonight. Look forward to meeting you too.

I'm trying something different today. It's called housework and involves something called a vacuum and dust rags. Who knew?

I had a question about how to get three votes in daily for the National Inclusion Project, so I'll post the step-by-step instructions that Cotton from CV came up with:

Cotton's voting tips:

TO GET THREE VOTES:

When I :

1) click the Foundation link http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

I click VOTE.

Then I :

2) have a choice of signing in with facebook or with the info and squiggly words.

3)I sign into Pepsi first. (you have to register your email the first time only, but you have to enter your email and squiggly words each time after that)

Then I VOTE. (That's the FIRST VOTE.)

Then I :

4) SIGN OUT of Pepsi.

Then I :

5) Click the Foundation link http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject again and

I click VOTE.

This time I :

6) SIGN IN VIA FACEBOOK (no squiggly words!)

Then :

7) I click VOTE again! (That's Vote #2!)

After that I :

8) Dial Pepsi @ 73774 (Yes,that's enough numbers!)

Then I :

9) Text the number 102308 (That's Vote #3!)

(Standard text messaging rates apply.)

If you have unlimited text - no $. ;-)

The text message voting is particularly quick, so if you can strong arm persuade your family and friends into voting daily too, that's the easiest way to do it.

:GE_FCA:

HALLELUJAH!!! I finished my income tax, copied and mailed it to my tax lady in Nashville. The first time we didn't have to pay was when she did our musician/self-employed taxes; old habits die hard. :clay:

I voted first thing this morning and will have a new blog up tomorrow RE October's Pepsi Refresh. I am very interested in ways you are enlisting others to vote and/or text.

There are a couple of great suggestions RE recruiting more text votes in the current Carolina entry by queenmama247 and ncgran4clay. If you have an idea, please share here or PM me. I notice that queenmama also posted there's a family birthday coming up this week and she plans to ask everyone to get out their cell phones and text for National Inclusion Project. Aron Hall has been writing about GROUP TEXTS for weeks.

Last night I noticed on the Carolina's "live feed" that someone had arrived at my blog by searching for 100842 to 73774. Of course, I immediately recognized a Pepsi text number and checked out the link. Look at the results that come up on the Google search, and don't stop with the first page: Rett Syndrome.

Included are several blogs, FB/Twitter posts, a standing post on the Woodland High School home page asking for daily text votes, etc. Rett Syndrome finished #1 in the $250k category for September. I think we can learn from this and go viral with the National Inclusion Project.

Where supporters have a connection, National Inclusion Project votes can be requested on school web sites, work sites, churches, wherever. This is the post that appeared on the Woodland High School home page during September:

Help Find a Cure for Rett Syndrome

Rett Syndrome is a neurological disease primarily in girls. It is caused by a mutation of the MECPZ gene on the X chromosome. There are three girls in Woodland with the disease. One is a Woodland High School student.

You can help find a cure for Rett Syndrome by texting your vote to help win a half million dollar for research from the Pepsi Refresh Project. Please text the message 100842 to 73774. Please help to find a cure by texting the message 100842 to 73774. Don’t worry it’s free and you can help to find a cure by texting your vote daily through Thursday. For more information follow this link http://www.rettsyndrome.org/get-involved/r...si-refresh.html

The Clay blogs mainly reach CA fans, but there are journals in the Carolina sidebar that focus on other topics, including home schooling, books, dieting, painting, etc. I plan to ask these bloggers to urge their readers to help us with daily votes. Many CA fans post on non-Clay boards. Perhaps you could make a similar request. Together, we can reach whole new segments of the population.

Scarlett may have inadvertently hit on a slogan for October in a morning FB post -- THIS.IS.THE.MONTH! She plans to work on voting widgets for sidebars, boards, websites, etc., this weekend. :)

I am including the CV posts by From Claygary, a Canadian with a US-based cell phone, and dancermom2. I wonder how many more non-US residents have US-based cell phone. :smile:

As has already been noted, the "National Inclusion Project" gets an automatic rollover onto the "competing" list at Pepsi Refresh for October.

Second chances, and we're smarter from the get-go this time!

Here's the Project's new newsletter (my bolding of what I think is particularly important)

Competing in the Pepsi Refresh challenge in September has been exciting and no doubt a lot of hard work. This competition is at a very high level and critical partnerships have been formed to help each other win with Pepsi. We are aligned with such a partnership and because of the alliance, one of our partners the Rett Organization won the $250K top prize in September!

We have automatically rolled over, and we are competing again in October. Thank you so much for your great efforts in September, and we ask that you please continue with the same level of commitment to ensure success this month. We will work to strengthen our partnership with other organizations, promoting each other as this larger force is critical for success.

Today is important! We need everyone to maximize their voting presence. Votes are cumulative and any early advantage we can get may prove the difference later in the month. Everyone can vote 3 ways each day, so in essence you can cast a total of 30 votes daily for us and our partners. This is being stressed by the Project as well as all of the partners in the alliance. We do realize however that many of you may be connected with other great charities and understand that you may also be supporting them.

The easiest way to vote is to go to the pop-up on our website at www.inclusionproject.org. Click on the link under “3. Vote on Refresh Everything.” The page that comes up will identify all of our partners and you can sign in via Facebook and Pepsi through this link. Voting is a breeze as it takes only seconds to click down the list. You can then sign out and sign back in for your second set of votes. Thirdly, of course is text voting and this method is quite simple. Simply send the number 102308 to 73774 and you should receive a "Thanks 4 your vote" message.

Without you we cannot be successful in this competition. I know that it requires your time and energy to vote daily plus requesting support from family, friends, and community. To support that communication, we encourage that you and your connections sign up for our daily email reminder. Not only will you receive updates, but you will also be entered to win an iPad when we win.

Thank you so much, we look forward to hopefully seeing all of you at the Champions Gala Oct.16, and celebrating a Pepsi win a couple weeks later. Together we can make this an October to remember!

Also....did you see that the "National Inclusion Project" is giving away an Ipad for those signing up for the daily email reminder? :)

Please continue with the "text messaging" project we started late in September....ie, anytime you have an opportunity to have friends vote by text, or to use a friend's phone to text 102308 to 73774....please do! EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!

I think texting is key. Find people to text a vote. It doesn't take a lot of effort and it's a vote. You can do it anywhere and you don't even have to be near a computer to do it or register.

WORD!!! :twinklewhore:

Have a great weekend, all. Look forward to your ideas so that THIS.IS.THE.MONTH!!! :whee:

Caro :listen:

How does one get a US based cell phone? Sounds expensive.

FromClaygary is a member here. Maybe she can shed some light. :)

I believe FromClaygary has a kind of pay as you go phone out of the US, you have to add money and/or use it everyonce in a while to keep your number and keep it active. I imagine she can tell you all about it at lunch tomorrow.

Pepsi Refresh Project Link

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

pepsi36.jpg

Cotton's voting tips:

TO GET THREE VOTES:

When I :

1) click the Foundation link http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

I click VOTE.

Then I :

2) have a choice of signing in with facebook or with the info and squiggly words.

3)I sign into Pepsi first. (you have to register your email the first time only, but you have to enter your email and squiggly words each time after that)

Then I VOTE. (That's the FIRST VOTE.)

Then I :

4) SIGN OUT of Pepsi.

Then I :

5) Click the Foundation link http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject again and

I click VOTE.

This time I :

6) SIGN IN VIA FACEBOOK (no squiggly words!)

Then :

7) I click VOTE again! (That's Vote #2!)

After that I :

8) Dial Pepsi @ 73774 (Yes,that's enough numbers!)

Then I :

9) Text the number 102308 (That's Vote #3!)

(Standard text messaging rates apply.)

If you have unlimited text - no $. ;-)

:GM_FCA:

12 Days until The Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

14 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:GM_FCA:

Happy Weekend to all! :yahoo:

How does one get a US based cell phone? Sounds expensive.
FromClaygary is a member here. Maybe she can shed some light. :)Caro :listen:
I believe FromClaygary has a kind of pay as you go phone out of the US, you have to add money and/or use it every once in a while to keep your number and keep it active. I imagine she can tell you all about it at lunch tomorrow.

goldarngirl, I wonder if you have to purchase the phone in the US. That would be awesome if we had some Canadian voters texting. Somebody, make a run for the border and stock up on phones to pass around at the luncheon! :whistling-1:

There are a couple of charities in the alliance group, as well as the extra (SueReu calls them "rogue") lists that are not participating in October. I'm working on a blog that will have links/text numbers for all the current charities.

Have a great day, all! :twinklewhore:

Everyone going to the luncheon today have a great time! I still can't believe I'm missing out, nor am I even close enough to toss US cell phones over the river for you all to have to use for voting. Darn! LOL I don't think I could make them get over Lake Huron. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm glad they changed the SF venue because I can now take BART whoo hoo. I'll have to go over and explore for a pre party! Maybe today since I'll be having my own little Clay reunion today since I'm having an ehp visitor.

Can you guys believe it's October? This year has gone by so fast. It's been a long week but something happened yesterday that just tickled me to death. I'll go write about it in the appropriate thread.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog includes all the voting links (alliance and "rogue"), as well as ideas fans have posted RE enlisting new supporters. I outlined several of the tactics I learned from the RETT Syndrome link and plan to add strategies shared in the remarks.

Thank you for your blog comments/hits, retweets, FB posts, etc. I have already tweeted the blog, which, of course, is under "All Friends" on the deck. Thnx for your help! :highfive:

Is there a link for info on the Chicago concert?

Have fun at the luncheon! :flirtysmile3:

I completed my alliance voting right after the blog was uploaded. This.Is.The.Month!!! Off to finish my other list! Have a wonderful weekend, all! :snoopy:

Our living room renovation is just about done...the only thing left is the floor and then trim work...I was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Whoops! Spoke too soon. We have a leak in our shower...a crack in the shower base and water has been running under the floor..so now we have to redo the shower and the floor and my DIY hubby decides since we are doing that we might as well do the whole thing...toilet, sink, walls...oy! I am so looking forward to only having one working bathroom....not!

On a happier note...Emily registered at BabysRus today and I bought a couple of things for her...so simple online...just bought them and had them shipped to her. I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by...the baby will be here before we know it. Baby Shower invitations going out this week.

Kim

My DH football team yesterday won the Grand Final. Australian Rules football, that is.

Oh, having read what I just typed I should make it clear that he doesn't play, he just supports this team! They haven't won the final since 1990.

He is watching the replay now, still wearing the team colours. I will probably have to hide his black & white outfits (inc signed footy jumper!)when he gets in the shower!

Got my tickets to the Chicago show today! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I can't believe it's almost here. I can't decide what I should wear. I mean, really -- Clay's gonna see me from the stage, right? LOL.

I posted on my Facebook yesterday that I was attending the show in Chicago. My pen pal (from Oregon, whom I've been "writing" to since 1976) said "does Clay recognize your face now with all the times you've seen him?" And I posted back to her that I've seen him a LOT, but there are people I know who has seen him many more times than I have. I then sat down and tried to figure out how many times I've seen Clay -- and I think I'm at 29.

So....how many times have you seen him?

I think my most memorable is going to Spam -- 5 times in one weekend, and several of them very close seats. It was a whirlwind weekend, and a blast besides. Boston for the JBT is another -- hot as hell, but what a fantastic front row seat. OTOH -- Dayton seats were terrible, but I managed to get a ISY that blew me away (and a lot of other people too)!

ldyj, that is almost exactly word for word what I've been asked by more than one person. It makes me laugh, because I've never met the man! He wouldn't know me from Adam....I'm not exactly front row material, if you know what I mean. I am upwards of 40 times now seeing Clay live, but the only front row seat I ever had was about 2 football fields away from the stage in Meadville. cryingwlaughter.gif I think I saw Spam 10 times on 3 separate trips to NYC. What a blast that was. The other 30-something were either concerts or galas. I like the number 10, it's a nice round number. I'd love to be able to see him 10 times a year every year. I think this year it's only going to be 6.

So glad to hear you got your Chicago tickets! I bought mine from an internet fan who lives in Texas, who is unable to attend. Now to figure out how I'm going to get it once she gets it......

luckiest, isn't it funny that you and I, two people on this board who have never met him, are the ones getting teased by our friends? Maybe if they'd stop teasing us, we'd meet him? (I now have to place my hope on M&G's for the TnT tour....I'm starting to build my prayer altar right now. *g*)

bottle, I think you have a fine number of concerts! We're all going to be different, and I'm always curious about these kinds of things.

Eeeps! I'm counting 36 which includes 5 Spamalots, 1 BBH, 1 ice skating show and 1 PBS taping. In a few weeks it'll be 37. And I enjoyed every single performance. It's easier for me because I only live 100 miles from Raleigh and I can stay with my sister in NJ which is accessible to NYC and PA. I have 2 TnT tours coming up. I'm even thinking about a third.

Here's hoping for many more. :04:

Mine is even less:

6 concerts

3 Spam

Will be going to 1 TNT in Waukengan.

To this day I could kick myself for not going to Clio for NAT. I live 20 miles from the venue, did not know anyone who would go with me, and I had not been to a concert by myself. After I read the paper on Sunday morning about the concert it made me sad that I gave up the chance to go.