#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

I did download the medley and there was so much audience laughter and clapping that I really couldn't hear or understand the songs...I think this is one piece of clack that really needs to have video to do it justice. Those of you who were there have your memories, but for those of us not...it is hard trying to imagine what is going on.

Kim

Kim, download the version that shortyjill just mentioned in her post. It's a lot easier to follow.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Kim

:GM_FCA:

5 Days until The Chicago Concert!

:yahoo:

7 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Saturday Morning, FCA! :yahoo:

After being #7 for eight days, it is discouraging to see that the National Inclusion Project has slipped back to #8. I was so hoping we were headed in the forward direction.

Below are suggestions (from a variety of boards) that ran in the 10/2 Carolina blog. Hopefully, they will give members ideas for weekend voting. Also, if you have some to add, please copy this post and include them. THIS IS THE MONTH!!!

1. Ask everyone who visits, stops by your desk, etc., to text in a phone vote. You can even do it for them. (queenmama247)

2. Having a birthday party, work, school, or family gathering? Group text the NIP number -- 102308 to 73774 (Pepsi) -- together. (queenmama247)

UPDATE
: At Saturday's birthday party,
queenmama247
had 12 people text together for the NIP, four of whom added the Pepsi Challenge so they can text daily. In addition, she enlisted three people at church and will probably have more after today's doctor and hairdresser visits.

3. Offer to bake a cake for those in your office, circle, etc., if everyone will text votes for the National Inclusion Project. (ncgran4clay)

4. If someone doesn't know how to text, do it for them. (ncgran4clay)

5. On vacation? No problem, according to Beanblossom, currently at a knitting retreat where she has everyone texting daily NIP votes.

6. International fans, send the voting/texting information to eligible friends in the US so they can vote daily for you. If you own a US-based cellphone, you can text votes yourself. (FromClaygary)

7. Learn from September's very successful winner -- RETT Syndrome, #1 in last month's $250k category after failing to achieve the charity's goal in August.

Facebook and Twitter
: Constant reminders by individuals and organizations for "friends" to vote all three ways: text, Facebook, at the Pepsi site.

Blog after blog by individuals and celebrities
on MySpace, LiveJournal, Blogspot with the request to "take a second and send a text vote to Pepsi for RETT Syndrome." The Carolina blog appears multiple times because voting info for RETT, an NIP alliance in September, was listed in several entries.

Daily voting reminder on a high school home page
. Three girls in the community have the disease.

Voting reminders from related organizations
such as
, a North Carolina-based non-profit providing care for developmentally disabled individuals.

Celebrity, radio/TV station websites
urging fans to vote. See WKRQ-FM in Cincinnati.

Similar blog posts a voting reminders
from a young man whose cousin has RETT Syndrome.

What are your ideas for enlisting more NIP voters? We should be hanging around #1 or #2, not the other end of the Top 10.

Btw, we have a new blogger on the block. Scarlett posted her first entry at Saints, Legends and Goddesses this week. The first entry features Cookie and the Claymobile that will be auctioned at next weekend's Gala. It's a great read, and the blog layout is gorgeous! Welcome and kudos to Scarlett! :clap: :clap:

Have an awesome weekend, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

I nearly forgot to wish my very first pretend bf a HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY :wub:

(my bff and I literally pretending we were John and Pauls gf's when we were 6. With pretend making out hands.over.mouth. and all*g* ) And my first memory of getting sent to the principal's office was in 2nd grade, for daydreaming in class about John singing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" I had recently seen on tv. Good times!

I can't Imagine growing up without my first obssesion.

A wickedly funny, cynical and mad talented Nowhere Man, who captivated and charged me!

My first hero, who sent me on a Magical Mystery Tour of my very own.

If only I had been just seventeen, you know what I mean,

but sadly of course I was merely six and stood no chance with the Walrus.

goo goo g'joob

I'm crying....

4 Days until The Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

6 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Kim

CA fans are in for a jam-packed weekend with the 10/14 Chicago Concert and the 10/16 National Inclusion Project Champions Gala in Raleigh.

Videos/bios of the outstanding champions, Pepsi Refresh voting links, art by AmazingCA, a montage by SueReu, and a Kai story complete the new Carolina On My Mind entry.

Thnx to Scarlett, the Carolina sidebar, as well as her Saints, Legends and Goddesses blog, contain a new Pepsi Refresh NIP voting widget. All the NIP alliances plus three partner lists are included, and you can vote straight from the widget! You can obtain the widget's embed codes for FB and several sites here.

Have an awesome new week, FCA! :flirtysmile3:

Caro :listen:

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Liney? I am still hoping she has her ticket to the Chicago show available and have been trying to get a hold of her...sent a PM and E-mail...if anyone has a quicker way to her ear, please let her know I am trying to get in touch!

Thanks,

Kim

One more evening to work tonight! Then off 9 days! Looking forward to seeing some of you in Chicago and Gala, wow my 2nd gala! of course looking forward to seeing and hearing the guy again! :flirtysmile3:

:dancetom: Thanks to a very generous offer from Liney23 I am going to the Chicago concert!

Kim

Glad to see liney's ticket got a good home. Have fun aikim.

Cute pictures ldyj. Was Clay's hair that dark during his second run in Spamalot? Those earrings on Quiana look like they could do some permanent damage to her ear lobs. She looks great.

I'm going to both the Chicago concert and the Gala.

1. I'm flying in to chicago about 8:30pm on Wednesday night and staying at the Belden Stratford. Does anybody know 1 or 2 people who are at another hotel who would like to switch over to the Belden Stratford to be closer to the venue? Not 100% on the room cost for Thursday cuz my email doesn't say but Wed was $198 plus tax. I have Allclaylong staying with me on Thursday night but I'm all, all alooooooooooooooooone for Wednesday night in a suite with 2 queen beds. I knew luckiest1 was staying at the Days Inn, so didn't think to ask if she'd wanna switch over and wouldn't work anyhow cuz lauraq mentioned that she and luckiest have 3 in their room and because I have ACL with me on Thursday night, that would be 5 on Thursday with only 2 beds.

2. Fromclaygary and I are hoping to find a bite to eat after I get to the hotel if anybody else is interested...

3. Anybody else getting in late on Wed night, who'd want to share a taxi with me from the airport to the hotel?

4. Anybody at the Belden Stratford on the united 8:33am flight to RDU who'd wanna share a taxi with me to the airport in Chicago and then from RDU to the Marriott? I'm also thinking of looking at the cost for renting a car in Raleigh for Friday 11:30am to Sunday cuz parking is pretty cheap at the Marriott.

5. H2O? Can I crash the post-gala breakie at the Marriott?

3 Days until The Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

5 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Kim

I almost posted who is casey thompson. Only seeing one show I didn't get to know her.

I feel the excitement building. Very happy for all going to the gala or the Chicago concert. Looking forward to the reports. YAY Aikim.

Treenuts... how about those niners... geeze!

Treenuts... how about those niners... geeze!

Oh holy hot flashes, what a hot mess they became as soon as preseason ended! UGH :wacko:

But more importantly how about those GIANTS!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Philly here we come!

:dancingpickle: :bier: :dancingpickle: :bier: :dancingpickle:

Safe travels all attending the Chicago concert and/or the Gala! Give Clay my love, k :BlowKiss: