#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Some info on the Chicago concert via Pink Armchair at CV:

Here's some info about Thursday in Chicago.

1. The weather -- I'd wear layers. Park West is close to the lake, which tends to be cooler (especially at night) than other parts of the city. So if the forecast is 67 and sunny, it could be as much as 10 degrees cooler there. Or not. Be prepared for anything from high 60s to high 40s and you should be fine.

2. The line -- I had originally thought there was going to be a separate line for people with booths reserved. But it looks like that is not going to be the case. Just one line. But not to worry -- if are in it when the doors open and seating begins, it moves quickly and you won't be in it for long. (I know this from my personal experience.)

3. The reserved booths -- From what I've heard, the venue is labeling the booths with people's names and you'll be able to find yours. If they don't end up doing it that way, tell the usher you have one (not sure how this will work but I think it will be obvious). Also, Clay's people reserved some booths that they will undoubtedly release, so they might shift people around a little, or save them for NJU folks.

4. What time? -- As I posted above, you might want to get there by 6:30 to get situated, order your drinks and socialize before the show starts, since they tend to want to clear the room fairly quickly afterward.

5. I.D. -- I don't know if they'll do this the night you're there, but as you come in the door, you might be carded just to make sure you're of legal age to drink alcohol. (Yeah, I know...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) Just make sure you have an I.D. with you if you want to drink -- they'll give you a wristband. This being a special performance, they might not do this, but I figured you might as well be prepared.

6. Ticket -- If you forget your ticket or, God forbid, it never came in the mail, I think the box office has a list. I will check on that, but that's another reason to bring your I.D.

7. A special request -- if you happen to chat up any NJU people in line or inside the venue, if you could keep the whole "booth reservation" thing to yourself, I'd appreciate it. Much as I wanted to, there was no way I could extend that offer to them as well (not having access to their information), and it would be nice if they didn't feel discriminated against. All the seats are good, so they'll be very happy with where they end up, I'm sure.

That's it! Some of the above may not work exactly as I've outlined (it seems to keep evolving), so some flexibility will be much appreciated! We're just trying to make it the best experience possible for everybody. It's going to be a great show! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Tweet Pic...Clay hanging out at Duke Chapel:

http://yfrog.com/jw4gnbj

From Quiet1ne at CH:
I thought the guy in the middle looked like David Hibbard and according the ashleyj @ the OC, David is in the touring company for Billy Elliot which starts in Durham at the end of the month. The guy in the white shirt looks like Andrew Fitch who is also in the touring company and was in Spamalot during Clay's run.

From CV: The guy in the white hat is Patrick Wetzel also of Spamalot and also in the Billy Elliot touring company.

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until The Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

4 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Tweet Pic...Clay hanging out at Duke Chapel:

http://yfrog.com/jw4gnbj

From Quiet1ne at CH:
I thought the guy in the middle looked like David Hibbard and according the ashleyj @ the OC, David is in the touring company for Billy Elliot which starts in Durham at the end of the month. The guy in the white shirt looks like Andrew Fitch who is also in the touring company and was in Spamalot during Clay's run.

From CV: The guy in the white hat is Patrick Wetzel also of Spamalot and also in the Billy Elliot touring company.

Tall guy is not Andrew Fitch. Andrew lists his height as 6'0". Just heard from my sister who reports that the tall guy in white shirt could very well be the guy she saw with Clay at A Little Night Music. That night she told me that the guy was very tall, taller than Clay, had dark or black hair, and was conservatively dressed. She said it's hard to say definitively that it's the same guy because the picture quality is so poor, so while she couldn't testify in a court of law to it being the same person, she thinks it is.

While there has been speculation as to why Clay was at Duke Chapel yesterday, and we surely don't know, I believe it may have had something to do with a group of guys going to the chapel for a service or even just personal prayers for the gay teens and young men who have committed suicide in recent weeks after being tormented, and especially in light of the fact that yesterday was National Coming Out Day. I read that there were services being held across the country.

Posted by Notacanuck at CC -

From Facebook

Nancy Dixon

I am so proud of our grandson nick v he goes to riverside he in special ed class sings in chorus. Clay aiken has invited his little class to sing friday night at raleigh convention center. Clay does special fund raiser for special needs children.

:wub:

:GM_FCA:

1 Day until The Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

2 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Beginning of a busy, but fun, few days for me. My last day of work for the week is today, with only one library orientation and one possible meeting. That's a light schedule! Hee. Tonight, my husband and I are going to see the a capella vocal group Straight No Chaser here in my town. They are an awesome group, and it should be a very fun show. (BTW, third row seats for this show...)

And then...tomorrow...tomorrow...it's CLAY!!! Hubby and I drive to Chicago. We probably won't get to town until about 2:00 to check into our hotel, and then we'll grab some food before we go to get in line for the show. I'm not incredibly worried about where I'll be sitting, because...

This show is one of those "dream come true" moments for me -- seeing Clay in a fairly intimate setting, and hearing that glorious voice in that kind of venue. Plus, I'm sure he'll be as entertaining with his banter as he always is. While I haven't got a set list in my head, I do have a few songs that aren't on TnT that I'm expecting to be sung. SAU, for one, as I always imagined the video for that song to be set in a small, intimate club.

For those traveling today and this weekend, be safe!

My kind of town...Chicago is!

I am leaving nice fall weather (mid 80's, just like it's supposed to be) to freeze my ass off in Chicago. Mid 60's? Mid 50's?!??! I'm gonna die. Die dead. So I expect Clay to warm me right up. I'm thinking about bring dollars to stuff in his pants for requests...

Have a safe trip all going to Chicago and Raleigh.

Kandre, it would be even nicer if you warmed him up For those of us heading to Raleigh. And ldyj, I might be upset if he doesn't sing SAU or ALAWH for you guys and not for us at the Gala. But not really, I'm just happy to hear him again. It's been almost three months. :twinklewhore:

:GA_FCA:

The Carolina blog and the OFC version are updated with the latest NIP partner charities. I notice that Scarlett updated the voting widget at 2 a.m., so she didn't know about the Hatch's House of Hope - Blind Cat switch. Maybe she will be able to change that once she lands in Chicago. :)

Does this mean that all the Canadians coming to the US can get in some votes for the NIP this weekend? :whistling-1:

fest03.gifHappy Birthday to Chardonnay, claywithme, and AmazingCA!

ACA is not an FCA member, but I am remembering her today for all the handsome CA graphics she has created for the Clay Nation, many of which have decorated the Carolina blog since 2006. :wub:

Safe and happy travels to all heading to Chicago and Raleigh this weekend! Looking forward to your reports! Have a wonderful week, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

I'm in Chicago at a charming B&B around the corner from the Park West. I walked over and bought a ticket to see Mark Cohn perform tonight. The woman who sold me the ticket said I didn't have to worry about coming early because they hadn't sold many tickets to his show. One of the guys who works there was outside joking about the "Claymates" and said they would be lining up about 1PM tomorrow. I forgave him for being a little shit when he added to his coworker that he had voted for Clay.

ETA: Do you think he's RIGHT???? I was planning to wait until 2!!!

Via geekette at CH (she lives in Raleigh):

In Chicago - flew up with Clay! Too bad I didn't see him. And there was an empty seat right beside me, too...

So Clay's there! :whee:

Yippee!!! How exciting for her too. How did she not see him??

wandacleo, I read somewhere that fans won't be allowed to line up outside the venue till 430. I think if you wait around till 2 you'll be okay. :teehee1:

Straight No Chaser rocks! They are so good...I mean, really. A capella covers of Oasis? Coldplay? Loved it!

My husband and I aren't getting there until about 5:00 tomorrow night. Probably wlll get the last seats in the house, but oh well! Hee.

From getclayaiken:

...and lindylo posted some more old Spamalot pics from Randy Morrison's facebook at CV:

clay_and_david.jpg

put_in.jpg

I love the expression in the shot with David. :wub:

Another picture of Clay from a Spamalot party. I don't know who the girl is but I imagine she is a Spam crew person.

zzzclayparty.jpg

Straight No Chaser rocks! They are so good...I mean, really. A capella covers of Oasis? Coldplay? Loved it!

My husband and I aren't getting there until about 5:00 tomorrow night. Probably wlll get the last seats in the house, but oh well! Hee.

From getclayaiken:

...and lindylo posted some more old Spamalot pics from Randy Morrison's facebook at CV:

clay_and_david.jpg

put_in.jpg

I love the expression in the shot with David. :wub:

Another picture of Clay from a Spamalot party. I don't know who the girl is but I imagine she is a Spam crew person.

zzzclayparty.jpg