#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Safe travels everybody.

I miss Spam. That was fun. I was so proud of him for that.

Wandacleo! I think 2 would be less crazy heee. or how about 1:59!

Treenuts we should be cheering ourselves up with a date LOL.

Hugs Jamar and all fans of sports teams who have bitten the dust. I was hoping Cincy could pull of a miracle. Maybe next year! I root for the Giants but they are not really MY team...I'm a bandwagoner heee.

:GM_FCA:

It's Concert Day! Ldyj We probably won't be there until at least 5:30 so we may be sitting near each other!

2 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

So, we're heeeeere! We left home yesterday morning about 11 and had a leisurely drive to the Detroit airport by way of the ferry crossing (a first for me, didn't realize they even did that anymore!) After a thorough interrogation from the border guard on the US side, including a look at goldarngirl's concert tickets, we were allowed to enter the country. Thank goodness he didn't ask to see mine, since I don't have one yet. After a few scary moments in the Detroit airport (like when goldarngirl & hubby almost got bumped from our oversold flight) we boarded no problem. We arrived in Chicago about 5:45 pm, picked up a couple of other straggling travellers, and fought traffic all the way to our hotel in our rental car (kudos to hubby of goldarngirl for driving in that mess). Then we all ran over to a nice little Italian restaurant that was holding our reservation since we were late. It was called Sapori Trattoria and they were amazing, and even allowed some friends of ours who wandered in to to order from the menu past their closing time . The food was to die for and they gave us a complimentary dessert tray. If you are ever in Chicago, go check them out.

We stayed up far too late last night chatting and laughing (although I admit I fell asleep a good 2 hours before the rest) and this morning I was happy to see a Starbuck's within a block of the hotel. Mmmmmmmm, all is well with me when I get my Starbuck's. Although I should not be allowed to handle US money....it all looks the same to me. Luckily I offered a $1 to the homeless lady outside, and not the $50 I offered to the Starbuck's cashier, who looked rather shocked. I quickly found a $10 instead and prayed that the people behind me in line weren't muggers. Yep, definitely a Canadian tourist. Off to see the sights or shop or something today (not sure, I am just tagging along on this trip!) and then the main event tonight. EEEEEEEEE! But first I need to find the lady who has my ticket. ;) We have booths reserved so we don't need to stand in line, but the weather looks perfect for those who are planning to do so.

So, being in the states, I would like to finally vote for the NIP. I tried to click on bottlecap's link for the Pepsi Refresh project. The first time, my computer froze and eventually shut down. The second time, it just froze and I used task manager to close the site down. Does it have to install something the first time? Is there another way I can do it online? Thanks for any help.

luckiest, I think the Project's site uses a lot of Flash, so that could be your problem. Make sure your Flash is up-to-date...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! The day is here! I'm at home at the moment, waiting for my husband to get back from his class and cleaning a few things up in his office before he leaves for the weekend. I'll fix a brunch breakfast, then we can hit the road, check in, have an early dinner, and then take a taxi to the show! WEEEEEE!

I keep imagining what he's going to sing/look like tonight, and then I tell myself..."Self. Keep your expectations in check, and enjoy the damn show!!"

So, being in the states, I would like to finally vote for the NIP. I tried to click on bottlecap's link for the Pepsi Refresh project. The first time, my computer froze and eventually shut down. The second time, it just froze and I used task manager to close the site down. Does it have to install something the first time? Is there another way I can do it online? Thanks for any help.

I use the Google Chrome browser just for this and for the new OFC, neither of which will work with IE for me. Even with Chrome, I have to do a couple of extra steps to vote. I click log-in with Facebook and it says there's a connection error or some such, and then I do it again, and the second time it works. Only for the NIP would I do this.

So, we're heeeeere! We left home yesterday morning about 11 and had a leisurely drive to the Detroit airport by way of the ferry crossing (a first for me, didn't realize they even did that anymore!)

Hee! Which ferry? You were smart taking that instead of the bridge which can be a nightmare! And the Detroit one is worse...

Although I should not be allowed to handle US money....it all looks the same to me. Luckily I offered a $1 to the homeless lady outside, and not the $50 I offered to the Starbuck's cashier, who looked rather shocked. I quickly found a $10 instead and prayed that the people behind me in line weren't muggers. Yep, definitely a Canadian tourist.

We're trying! :teehee1: Our $5 has purple in it, our $10 is a peach color, our $20 has some of that color too, and the $50 has a sort-of US flag in color! *g*

Try just going to the foundation website. There's a pop up there that makes things a whooole lot easier, without having to load the Pepsi site at all! :)

EEEEEEEE for everyone in Chicago!! Have a fantastic time tonight!!!!

I walked by the PW at 10:30 and there were 7 or 8 people in line--including Scarlett!

Just stopped by on my way to lunch and there were about 30. Heading back with a book to read.

Hope all our attendees have a marvelous time with my boyfriend tonight! I must say that it is extremely fortunate that I didn't buy a ticket for tonight because I probably would have had to eat it, or at least frame it. Not only is work kicking my ass completely and totally, but my daughter and grandson are coming in from DC, as in "moving home", and my favorite cousin is moving to Eureka Springs and having a big going away party tomorrow, and that's not the half of what I have to do in the next couple of days. I will make some time tonight for the cellcert, even if I have to lie, cheat or steal to do so! But you guys that are there, enjoy it to the hilt!!!!

I'm in Chicago! I'm having to borrow my husband's netbook -- I didn't bring the laptop, thinking the iPad would be fine, only to not have wireless in the room (only wired). Oh well...hubby is out scouting at the moment for a place for an early dinner, and then we'll cab it to the Park West. I can't wait!

We're here! I am getting ready.........no standing in line for us.

It's been fun so far.........kandre and perusing one were renting the car when the Hertz guy asked how they were connected. Without batting an eye kandre said that perusing one was the light of her life! You should have seen the guys face....priceless!

Hmm posting from my iPad is turning out to be a bit of a challenge!

My kind of town...Chicago is!

I am leaving nice fall weather (mid 80's, just like it's supposed to be) to freeze my ass off in Chicago. Mid 60's? Mid 50's?!??! I'm gonna die. Die dead. So I expect Clay to warm me right up. I'm thinking about bring dollars to stuff in his pants for requests...

KAndre... I grew up in Illinois and fall is my favorite season. I love have to put on a heavy sweater and walking in the dry colored leaves. I HATE summer and the humidity, so fall is great. Winter=snow, spring=rain, summer=hot and humid... fall = gorgeous!!! Just me. Have a blast and wink at Clay for me!

I am praying that there is no shortage of clack for this concert. Clay might even ask not to video since it is the first of the PBS follow-up concerts and why would people spend the money if they can see it on youtube??? Crossing fingers!!!

So the reason I couldn't go to this concert is because I couldn't get the day off work. Today I go to work and around 2 pm the other purchaser said.. I'll be here tomorrow....my thing is canceled. You can only laugh to keep from crying.

Have a great show Clay!