#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

What a great few days! I am so glad to have gone to both Chicago and Raleigh - Clay is just freaking amazing and he never, ever fails to entertain and impress me. Ever. And then of course he goes and does something like Both Sides Now and kills me dead.

I went through my Chicago photos again - they aren't great but some of them I kept only because he's just too dang beautiful to delete! How about this smile?

th_IMG_0010.jpg

Thee note in UM

th_IMG_0195.jpg

Some of the funniest moments ever

th_IMG_0092.jpg

th_IMG_0094.jpg

th_IMG_0095.jpg

th_IMG_0097.jpg

th_IMG_0086.jpg

th_IMG_0090.jpg

Album here

I watched a side-by-side of BSN with Farouche's and Canfly's videos and it was pretty much awesome. To see the close up as well as the full body shot together in the same song. And the way he sang it... gorgeous!! I never heard that song before.

Thanks to everyone recapping and bringing pics over from the past few days! He sure can pretty up a thread.

ETA: UM is up from the Chicago concert. Just about killed me dead!! :Thud:

Gala pics were a disaster - I really need to learn how to use this camera

This was such a neat thing- Clay said it was his favorite thing they've auction in all these years (Mike Bubel's art work)

th_IMG_0147.jpg

I just love the rapport between Clay and Jerome

th_IMG_0135.jpg

Album here

Thanks for sharing your albums, cindilu2. You may just be learning how to work that camera but I still think you captured a lot of great moments. :wub:

I tried to sleep, I really did, but I can't because then I have to stop listening to that song. And I can't stop. God I love it so much. I mean, I always liked the song, but this performance has killed me dead. I agree that farouche's clack is stellar. But I appreciate all angles. ;)

pepsi_cola_5c_poster.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative links for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

A link recommended by Aron Hall that includes TNIP's voting partners

http://www.refresheverything.com/search/?q=national.inclusion.project+rett.syndrome.clinic+cmv+courageous.kids+1p36+lake.reba.playground+CDKL5+ellas.hope&ic=0&im=0

This link brings up all the partners on ONE page. You just click click click through all the vote buttons.

You can vote via Pepsi.

Then sign out.

Then repeat through Facebook.

:GM_FCA:

43 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hi guys,

Aron is a wonderful speaker for inclusion. He outlined some of the things that he teaches camp counselors for Let's Play. He said that they are the number one charity promoting inclusion in the country. They do the training and followup for two years after which the camp is on it's on. I believe he said this year 35 camps are phasing out and they want to start training at 42 more camps.( I hope I have the #s right). We all got up and did one of the exercises they use in training. I think many of us came away enthused and planning ways to raise money for the N.I.P.

Fear... what do you mean "35 camps are phasing out"? Does that mean they aren't having them anymore or that they don't need NIP's training anymore?

Gala pics were a disaster - I really need to learn how to use this camera

This was such a neat thing- Clay said it was his favorite thing they've auction in all these years (Mike Bubel's art work)

th_IMG_0147.jpg

th_IMG_0135.jpg

Album here

cindi... thank you soooo much for the pics of Mike Bubel's artwork. Pretty dang good, I'd say.

It sure has been a clackful few days and I know it's not over yet. Ain't that great!

liney said

Fear... what do you mean "35 camps are phasing out"? Does that mean they aren't having them anymore or that they don't need NIP's training anymore?

He said they do training for two years and then they should be able to cope with every situation. I guess if they kept training the camps over and over they wouldn't be able to accept new ones. I assume they know what they are doing. Did I say that he told us that they were #1 in the Nation for inclusion? :yahoo:

Glad to share the pics - even if they aren't great, it's nice to have them. Hopefully by Feb/Mar I'll actually have figured out the camera, lol.

I don't know if anybody else is interested in this, but for what it's worth, this is an mp3 of Both Sides Now without the tiny crack towards the end. I did it as much as an experiment to see if I could as anything else. It's such a stunning performance. The audio is taken from canfly's video.

Fear, I think Jerry also mentioned the #1 in inclusion stat during his speech at the Gala as well. Very, very cool! I so hope that they can sustain and grown NIP. Things like the Champions of Change awards really bring home how important their work is in a very real way.

I haven't read around a lot so forgive me if this is a repetitious 'factoid' from the recaps, but one of my favorite things was Tyler's little aside about being a 'huge Clay fan' (which met with thunderous applause). It was so freakin' sweet! And not for nuthin', both guys who mentioned being Clay fans (one of the Darius Goes West fellows as well) also received the only standing O's of the night (until BSN). *g*

th_IMG_0135.jpg

I didn't realize until I was looking at this picture on CV that Jerome was wearing the black satin Hammer pants in it. :cryingwlaughter: Love it!

He wasn't actually wearing them, but holding them at his waist so it looked like he was. So cute of him to go along with it.

Glad to share the pics - even if they aren't great, it's nice to have them. Hopefully by Feb/Mar I'll actually have figured out the camera, lol.

I don't know if anybody else is interested in this, but for what it's worth, this is an mp3 of Both Sides Now without the tiny crack towards the end. I did it as much as an experiment to see if I could as anything else. It's such a stunning performance. The audio is taken from canfly's video.

Fear, I think Jerry also mentioned the #1 in inclusion stat during his speech at the Gala as well. Very, very cool! I so hope that they can sustain and grown NIP. Things like the Champions of Change awards really bring home how important their work is in a very real way.

I haven't read around a lot so forgive me if this is a repetitious 'factoid' from the recaps, but one of my favorite things was Tyler's little aside about being a 'huge Clay fan' (which met with thunderous applause). It was so freakin' sweet! And not for nuthin', both guys who mentioned being Clay fans (one of the Darius Goes West fellows as well) also received the only standing O's of the night (until BSN). *g*

Thank you so much for the recaps and the BSN mp3, cindilu2! (How did you "doctor" that tiny crack?) Also, I appreciate your comment in the Carolina blog's Gala entry. Today I added lovethatguy's moving reflections on the song as the mother of a special needs son. :wub:

Thnx to all your for sharing your photos, videos, recaps from Chicago and Raleigh!

Have a great week, FCA! :dancetom:

Caro :listen:

Via getclayaiken:

From Joy Behar's Facebook:

On Tuesday's show, an exclusive interview with Caitlin Breedlove, a Raleigh, N.C. woman who said she was kicked out of a local shopping mall because she was kissing her girlfriend. She'll be joined on the show by Raleigh native son Clay Aiken.
UPCOMING GUESTS

# 10/19: Olivia Newton-John, Clay Aiken

http://joybehar.blogs.cnn.com/

pepsi_cola_can.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

What time is the Joy Behar show on? Interesting topic, since I just spent the weekend in Raleigh with my daughter and her girlfriend, who I'm sure were kissing in a few malls. wink.gif

We are home and I've had about 7 hours sleep before heading to work this morning. We didn't have the best travel day, with electrical problems on the first plane which caused us to miss our connection. But we got another connecting flight in Charlotte....too bad all our luggage didn't. LOL. The joys of travelling. Better that it happened on the way home than on the way there!

:GM_FCA:

42 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wonderful time in Chicago and Raleigh! got to put my feet in the ocean yesterday and went to the State fair on Sunday, rode on a ferris wheel, something I've not done in many years!!! Clay and the fandom make me do things I've never thought I would ever do!! Flying back to Canada this pm,will be glad to see hubby and boys, back to reality and work on Wednesday evening! Will be chatting on the phone with a local clayfan who wasn't able to get to Chicago and gala, told her about some fans trying to convince me to go at least one concert in the next tour, on a train to either the NY or Conn concerts, she thinks we might be able, it would less expensive than flying at least!!! we'll see!

So nice seeing everyone again and wonderful meeting new people. I won a picture of Clay in the silent auction, I'm told it's him singing Invisible with a green jersey in St Paul on the AI tour, that's before my time lol!

Joy Behar's show is on at 9:00 Eastern tonight. Joy Behar Show

Singer Clay Aiken, American Idol runner-up and founder of the National Inclusion Project. He'll be joined by fellow Raliegh, N.C. resident Caitlin Breedlove, who was ejected from a local shopping mall after a security guard spotted her kissing her girlfriend. Plus, singer and breast cancer awareness advocate Olivia Newton-John. Also, from "The Brady Bunch," actress Eve Plumb. Tonight at 9 p.m. ET on HLN.

I really like founder of the National Inclusion Project better than AI runnerup but whatever. I'll be watching. I'm glad he isn't in that cave too long. :cryingwlaughter:

preden and luckiest it was nice seeing you in Raleigh. I also saw evelyn who posts here sometimes.Of course georgiesmybaby and claylove were there also. So nice to see all of you.

O/T but I'm in my fourth year of tutoring kindergartners this year. As I was taking Nyla, my current student, very bright and just beautiful, I ran into the first child I tutored, Shenice who is now in third grade and up to my shoulders in height. She came over for a hug. I am so happy to see her smiling as at one point she was bullied and missed a lot of school. Working with these kids just intensifies the glow I felt from the Gala. :twinklewhore:

cindi... thanks so much for that mp3 without the crack in his voice. I wince everytime I hear it. I know I shouldn't as 99.9% of the song is breathtakingly beautiful, but that messes with my mood for a few seconds every time, so thanks for doing that.

Thank you so much for the recaps and the BSN mp3, cindilu2! (How did you "doctor" that tiny crack?) Also, I appreciate your comment in the Carolina blog's Gala entry. Today I added lovethatguy's moving reflections on the song as the mother of a special needs son. :wub:

Thnx to all your for sharing your photos, videos, recaps from Chicago and Raleigh!

Have a great week, FCA! :dancetom:

Caro :listen:

Caro... I LOVED that letter from the mom of the camper. It really reflects why the NIP is such a worthy cause. Clay is such an extraordinary man in so many ways!

With 4 guests on tonight, it doesn't sound like Clay will get much time, but it sure is worth speaking out about. I was bullied as a child, once at age 6 by a teacher that really impacted the rest of my life. It is the only way the kids/people doing the bullying can feel "better than" or powerful in any way. It's just deplorable that so many children's lives are made so miserable by these sad, weak bulliers.