#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Yikes, there's more -

From the CH

Ficus says it's the biggest cluster fuck ever. They're in a different room altogether. Scarlett is up in the balcony. Ficus will get back in touch as soon as she has Scarlett's phone.

The show tonight is in the Grand Ballroom (per Ben's Tweet) at the Hammerstein not the main room. The seating chart on ticketmaster was for the main room. Yikes.

Ruh Roh, Shaggy, there's gonna be some splainin' to do!

The reports are that Clay received a resounding and very loud SO when he came on stage!

I'm a little verklempt.

Moi aussi.

Also reports that someone from Decca is there, and someone from MTV as well? And Tom Deckman, who had a hard time finding a seat but Jerome found him one in the end.

Aww, I lurves me some Tom. How cool that he's there to see his Spam Fam.

OMG people who had center seats are now finding themselves on the side and Scarlett is in the balcony. I can't believe they did this to people.

And those withside seats were miraculously seated in the center. AHEM. Great show, greatview but fogot my camera.

Bwah! Thanks, bc. Gawd he is so cute! I bet Ruben is going to miss him :friends:

Fucking LiveNation!

From CV - here's the explanation about the changes at the Hammerstein venue tonight:

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/2010/08/11/...ation-thinking/

Clay Aiken – What Was LiveNation Thinking?

By musicfan123

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010

This post is coming from a Ramada Inn somewhere in New York State…….I think it is Newburgh. It is almost 2 in the morning so this will be very short!!

The Timeless Concert this evening was amazing. Clay and Ruben and all the musicians did a wonderful job. There was lots of fun ad libs and everyone seemed to have a great time on stage. Clay’s speaking voice is almost gone. (Do you think it would be possible for him to not talk tomorrow before the concert??) His singing voice is still awesome.

As much fun as the concert was, the venue was a horrible experience. The concert was moved to the Grand Ballroom on the seventh floor. AND, because it was a smaller venue,the seating was a complete mess. We had 1st row, first boxseats. We were passed from one person to the next as they didn’t know where we should sit. Finally, someone said we could just go sit in the balcony!! NO!! Finally, after a few choice words to the box office, the best they could come up with was putting us in the section reserved for guests of the band. Not good,but so much better than many people. People who had 1st row, didn’t have seats, the charity meet and greet people have very poor seats…….too many problems than you could believe. Because of the problems, the show started almost a half hour late.

After the program, I was able to talk with Kathy, the manager of the Grand Ballroom. She was kind in allowing me to ask some questions.

1. When was the decision made to change the venue?

Kathy: about 36 hours before the concert.

2. Who made the decision?

Kathy: LiveNation…..the facility had no say in the move.

3. Why did they move it?

Kathy: LiveNation wanted a full house, so they moved it to the smaller venue. It saved LiveNation money.

4. Why were the seats on TicketMaster listed as standing room??

Kathy: Many of the rock concerts are like that and the promoter, (LN) did not realize what kind of a crowd would come to the concert…….so they really didn’t do their homework.

5. I suggested that they would have probably sold more tickets had it did not say standing room. She agreed.

Kathy: I really want you to know that none of this was the idea of the facility. We had nothing to do with the decision to move the concert. They had no time to get the seating done and they are aware that there were a lot of very unhappy people.

I do want to thank Kathy for talking to me after the concert. She was very tired and frustrated, however she was friendly and took the time to answer my questions.

I need to get some sleep so I will say goodnight for now. Tomorrow……on to Verona!! (I have a meet & greet).

LIVENATION!!!! What were you thinking??

:smack:

:GM_FCA:

64 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Couple of posts about yesterday's show

From CV

Clay Aiken – What Was LiveNation Thinking?

By musicfan123

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010

This post is coming from a Ramada Inn somewhere in New York State…….I think it is Newburgh. It is almost 2 in the morning so this will be very short!!

The Timeless Concert this evening was amazing. Clay and Ruben and all the musicians did a wonderful job. There was lots of fun ad libs and everyone seemed to have a great time on stage. Clay’s speaking voice is almost gone. (Do you think it would be possible for him to not talk tomorrow before the concert??) His singing voice is still awesome.

As much fun as the concert was, the venue was a horrible experience. The concert was moved to the Grand Ballroom on the seventh floor. AND, because it was a smaller venue,the seating was a complete mess. We had 1st row, first boxseats. We were passed from one person to the next as they didn’t know where we should sit. Finally, someone said we could just go sit in the balcony!! NO!! Finally, after a few choice words to the box office, the best they could come up with was putting us in the section reserved for guests of the band. Not good,but so much better than many people. People who had 1st row, didn’t have seats, the charity meet and greet people have very poor seats…….too many problems than you could believe. Because of the problems, the show started almost a half hour late.

After the program, I was able to talk with Kathy, the manager of the Grand Ballroom. She was kind in allowing me to ask some questions.

1. When was the decision made to change the venue?

Kathy: about 36 hours before the concert.

2. Who made the decision?

Kathy: LiveNation…..the facility had no say in the move.

3. Why did they move it?

Kathy: LiveNation wanted a full house, so they moved it to the smaller venue. It saved LiveNation money.

4. Why were the seats on TicketMaster listed as standing room??

Kathy: Many of the rock concerts are like that and the promoter, (LN) did not realize what kind of a crowd would come to the concert…….so they really didn’t do their homework.

5. I suggested that they would have probably sold more tickets had it did not say standing room. She agreed.

Kathy: I really want you to know that none of this was the idea of the facility. We had nothing to do with the decision to move the concert. They had no time to get the seating done and they are aware that there were a lot of very unhappy people.

I do want to thank Kathy for talking to me after the concert. She was very tired and frustrated, however she was friendly and took the time to answer my questions.

I need to get some sleep so I will say goodnight for now. Tomorrow……on to Verona!! (I have a meet & greet).

LIVENATION!!!! What were you thinking??

Recap from dancermom at CH

Hammerstein...

Back from the show. My ears are ringing. The applause for the guys was amazing…and the show was amped up a notch…and the screamers you all heard?? You know the shout out really really annoyingly bad interruptus screamers?? They were two rows behind me. Boy did I want to throttle them. Why am I always so lucky?? And no it wasn’t the Vargas girls.

When we got to the theater there was a line. This line was a very slow moving line. Turns out you could only go upstairs to the venue by taking two elevators. Uh right. I asked…can we walk up the stairs…and was firmly told no. So we wait for the elevator to take us up.

The start of the show was a total mess up. The tickets and the seats were totally screwed up. There was no balcony and they moved those seats to the back of the floor. It was totally flat and it was just not good. There was like a 10 foot gap between the first row and the stage. We were joking that we should just all go sit on the floor. I heard that they moved the show to this room but who the heck knows what happened? The room was packed. The AC lost it by the end and it was hot in there. We were packed in like sardines. The seats were too close together and were the kind of chairs you would find in a banquet hall. They had the seat numbers typed out on white stickers that were on the back seat of the chairs. I think what happened is that they screwed up and not all the seats they sold had a seat with a sticker with that seat number on it. Total cluster fuck of the highest order. It took them a long time to straighten out. I was a lot further from the stage than a Row H Center section ticket should have put me. And if someone in front of me stood I had no choice but to stand since the floor was not raked and totally flat.

People started getting restless and there was a couple of Clay Clay Clay chants and clapping to get it going things. Then the lights finally went down and the intro started…and then when the curtain should have opened we had

No movement.

Then it closed more instead of opening. I was thinking…oh no it’s going to be one of those nights….we wait….

But then the curtain opened…Ru sang…and then Clay sang. TITN and you know what? All that mess just flew right out of my head. There he was….and my lord he looked gorgeous in that suit…and his voice??? Sublime.

The crowd rocked the house tonight. Clay rocked STO. I mean totally thoroughly rocked STO. His voice…his delivery…and GAH his presence was intense. LLVL? Oh geez…sex on a microphone….there it was and his name was Clay. Alone? September??? And then MTAF????!!!!!!!! MTAF?????? What can I say but Clay rocked that song.

Hee…when Clay came out in his hammer pants I went…oh my goodness they are gold!!!!! Boy did they glitter and shine. And they CMSU!

Ru changed up the Pastor part…he did sing Amazing Grace and Clay was trying to find his rythmn. They also started in on an auction since people were shouting out offering money…it got up to $90,000 and Ru said…Clay you got a bargain! The guys were good dealing with the shout outs…and one point saying…is there a bar back there and looking and going…yup there’s a bar….

Footloose was amazing. That’s when we blew the roof off the place. And this place by the way is old. It smells old…feels old…and is musty. And there were times I felt the floor move and shake and not from an earthquake. It was a bit unnerving to say the least when people started to move and dance and they to jump in unison and I felt the floor really start to vibrate. I was like…Pastor Ruben…don’t pray to cure Clay of lackofrythmnitis but to save us from a collapsing floor.

Mandy was sublime. And "When I See You Smile"???? Stepped up a notch.

There was a lot of audience singing to the guys…and a lot of love in that room. The doofus from MTV? He can bite me. Ruben got the love. Yes Clay got louder love but if most of the fans in the room are there for Clay I don’t know what you are supposed to do. Ru wasn’t ignored and he got applause…and a standing O and it’s not true that when he sang we all sat down. People stood for the fast songs and sat when it quieted down and it was a slow song.

The last strains of Time of Life fade out…the band improve at the end was great. I really really love the band. And I think…I am not waiting for that elevator to go back down. We take the stairs. 7 floors down. We pass places that look like time forgot. At one point DH said…oh lookie…that’s what happened when the floor was shaking. There was a room on the side with all these really broken chairs strewn all over the place. We finally reach the lobby….Civilization!!!!!

DH took 700 pictures. He took too much with his bigger card and was afraid he messed it up but it saved okay to his computer.

I am really sad that this is my last show…but so very happy that I saw two great shows.

Clay is the one.

PS: Just checked the pics...yup...he shaved...

I have news from the Front, Comrades!

Yes, in the campaign to recruit soldiers in the Aiken Army, I am well-known as a Clay fan by the faculty and staff of this law school. There is one girl in particular, my counterpart actually, who has been the only one here who ever actually told me she didn't like Clay at all. Not her kind of music, not her kind of guy. She'll ask me about him from time to time with bemusement on her face. Yesterday, I was sending my sister the link to the CU page with the Hampton Beach video for The Revival clack, and telling her how to select the last one on the list and right click and save target as. I also cc'd a couple of other friends. What I didn't realize is that I had hit the wrong name on my address list and instead of sending it to my old friend Jennifer, I sent it to my counterpart Jennifer, who is younger than my daughter. I read this response from her this morning, sent at 10pm last night:

Sandy, I watched every one of the clips on that page you linked and am beginning to be a big fan. You've recruited me!

I'm in shock. And all because of sending clack to the wrong person! And she downloaded every link on that page!

th_NYC_8.jpg

I'd like to bottle that smile and sell it! :)

Sandy, I watched every one of the clips on that page you linked and am beginning to be a big fan. You've recruited me!

I'm in shock. And all because of sending clack to the wrong person! And she downloaded every link on that page!

Bwah! Resistance is futile! Way to go! LOL

I have news from the Front, Comrades!

<snip>

Well done commrade :hug: <--- party approved embrace

Our beloved Borscht Belt (TM some MTV TCFS dude) comedy duo done good!

маловато сопротивление! loosley translated means- there is no resistance!

маловато сопротивление! loosley translated means- there is no resistance!

Hey, you need at least a little friction to enhance the experience, dontcha?

BWAH!!!! Good one, bottle!

36 hours and the hotel couldn't come up with better than that rearranged seating? Stooopid!

At least that MTV idjit said they had great voices. The show didn't sell well in LA and NY, but other places sold out or almost sold out, especially two over 4000 seat places. Sounds like the "too cool for school" crowd still doesn't get Clay or his kind of entertainment. Their loss!

I don't think people who are business cool are putting 2 and 2 together regarding Clay, given the "Catskills" comment.

Just last month I watched a Showtime special about Sid Caesar's Your Show of Shows that was televised from 1949-1959. The writers of Sid's show were Larry Gelbart, Woody Allen, Neil Simon, and Mel Brooks. The show was on every Saturday night for 90 minutes, live, with only 11 minutes of commercial during the entire show. It was on for 39 weeks a year. I watched those old skits and not only laughed, but laughed my face off. I don't remember any of this. It was very cosmopolitan and the humor must have been going over the heads of most of the audience living outside of cities in the 1950's. But the physical comedy was so good, the audience really didn't need to get the jokes to laugh. Anyway, the more I watched, the more I saw Saturday Night Live. Yeah, 90 minutes live from New York every Saturday night. A show based on comedy skits. And then I realized, oh, there's the Samurai skit that John Belusi obviously lifted from Sid Caesar. Oh, there are the commercial spoofs. And the news flashes. And the take-offs on other television programs. The only difference was that these shows were actually, hysterically, belly-laughing funny!

And you know where Sid and company got their start? That's right. The Catskills. The Borscht Belt. All of them.

If Clay can resurrect the genius of a Sid Caesar in this day and age, with some great young writers, it could be an amazing thing. Here's one of the most classic skits in this history of live televisions, with Howard Morris, a decade before Ernest T. Bass, stealing the show throughout the skit as Uncle Goopy, and Carl Reiner as the host. They were show regulars along with Imogene Coca, and later Nanette Fabray. I'm elated that this clip was survived almost 60 years.