#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

One of our voting alliance partners is at #10 in the $25,000 category, so I hope they can also stay in the money. I e-mail and facebook vote for each of the voting alliance members daily, but I haven’t been texting for anything other than the National Inclusion Project – today I sent an text vote for a partner. If you don’t normally vote for the alliance partners, please consider voting for Ella’s Hope today to help them hang onto their spot in the Top 10.

*Ella's Hope (/ellashope and 100288)

bc, thanks for the "nudge" for Ella's Hope. I sent them a few votes today. BTW, THANK YOU for all your reminders! They have helped me so much! Hopefully, we all have voted for the Project for the last time today. Do we know when we'll be finding out the results, with the holiday tomorrow?

Extremely weird weather here today. The temperature right now is 51 degrees (normally at this time of the year, I think we should be in the mid-20s), with thunderstorms, lots of rain, and yes, tornado warnings! And then, overnight, the temps are supposed to drop to normal in a hurry. I'm glad hubby and I are staying in with food, movies, and our cats.

I'm listening to this Internet Radio Station and they are playing Clay at least every half hour! I've heard Ashes and It's only make believe so far.

EZ Does It Radio

This is really awesome! I have actually heard "Unchained Melody," "Misty," "Something About Us," and many more. I missed "The Real Me" when I had to restart my computer.

The link and info RE our UM requests are the lead for the current Carolina On My Mind blogs. Besides the UM section (with video from "The View"), the blog also features a deadline reminder for the 2011 calendars by rosaratana, a -- final -- post RE the Pepsi Refresh grant campaign, and, for those who have followed my grandchildren Kai and Lia, nine photos from Christmas.

Except for the red hair, Lia, 1, is looking more and more like her great-grandmother Mama Mac. She and my late mother also share a favorite TV show -- the Food Channel. I, for one, am most impressed with her hand-over-hand piano technique. :cryingwlaughter:

If you have extra votes, we are promoting Ella's Hope and CDLK5, both of which have been partners with the NIP for four months. CDLK5 (which seems to be stuck at #11) is not an alliance, but very worthy. You can link to both charities with the top widget in the Carolina sidebar. :)

Belated birthay greetings to treenuts! :twinklewhore:

Happy New Year's Eve, FCA! :snoopy:

NY_Caro_11.gif

I read about that radio station over at CV and checked it out last night. It's a small online radio station, which will probably get double the amount of listeners with all the Clay fans checking it out. I've got it bookmarked and was listening to it last night and some today. I'd still rather listen to my own music but it's nice to be able to hear so much of Clay on any radio station. And I love that they play people's requests (interesting concept huh) instead of what some PD out in Coolville decides is worthy of radio play. When I have some extra money, I'll probably try to donate some money to them.

So sorry I missed your birthday treenuts. Does this help?

post-1731-129383137193_thumb.gif

Happy New Year's eve. I was off today but worked the other one while I watched the first season of Breaking Bad LOL. Not doing anything tonight but having a party tomorrow. Off to go grocery shopping!

I've updated the recipe for the bbq shrimp. I searched some more and found the missing ingredient!

What's everybody doing tonight?

I am working again tonight. Sure hope neither of the ladies decide to share any more of their germs with me this weekend. Last week got the stomach bug from the one who got sick on Christmas and two weeks before that I got congestion from the other one. I need a fresh start to the new year so no more sickness.

post-1731-12938416272_thumb.jpg

post-1731-129384165193_thumb.jpg

I stole those pics from claysbuttercup. Aren't they pretty?

Happy New Year to everyone. I do not think I will last to midnight because I have to be up at 5am for work. I will probably just get to sleep when my three boys will call.

Looking forward to the new year and seeing Clay in concert. I hope he has other things that he will thrill us with. Miss him when he is hiding.

Happy New Year all! Hope your celebrations were safe and happy and a sign of a good year ahead.

We celebrated at a local waterslide park, cheek by jowl with hundreds of others. They showed a family film and had balloons and whistles etc which the kids enjoyed. We left well before midnight and I slept through the big fireworks on TV!

Next year I hope to go back to the beach. A lovely spot, not too crowded, and you can see the 9pm fireworks all up and down the coast. Then home before the midnight madness.

We have had two dry days after many many rainy ones. Areas to the north of us are flooding as well as some of the southern states. Whole towns have been evacuated - in some areas they say they are having their "once in a hundred year flood".

We have been forecast for a very wet year but I sure hope they are wrong - hard to have a house built in the rain! Our plans went to the local council for approval just before Christmas so I am hoping for a start when the builders get back from holidays on 10th Jan, fingers crossed.

Hubby and I just tried to finish a section of Boom Blox on the Wii (man, that is a brainy video game), and now we've got on one of my Christmas gifts, U2 360 Live at the Rose Bowl. I've got shrimp and all sorts of olives waiting for us later this evening to nosh on. Tomorrow is watching the parade and then a party.

Happy New Year to all my friends here. Hopefully will get to see some of you this spring!

Hubby and I just tried to finish a section of Boom Blox on the Wii (man, that is a brainy video game)

Ooo what's that? We're looking for games for our brand new Wii.... we need something more than just sports! LOL

Hubby and I just tried to finish a section of Boom Blox on the Wii (man, that is a brainy video game)

Ooo what's that? We're looking for games for our brand new Wii.... we need something more than just sports! LOL

Boom Blox and its companion, Boom Blox Bash Party, are basically puzzle games...but you get to blow things up too. Building block structures, and the point is to knock them over in as few throws of a ball (or a bomb or two) as possible. Half the structures don't fall the way you think they should, so you really have to think about the best throw to get maximum impact.

After 45 minutes, I had "Boom Blox" arm! But totally fun...

Boom Blox and its companion, Boom Blox Bash Party, are basically puzzle games...but you get to blow things up too. Building block structures, and the point is to knock them over in as few throws of a ball (or a bomb or two) as possible. Half the structures don't fall the way you think they should, so you really have to think about the best throw to get maximum impact.

After 45 minutes, I had "Boom Blox" arm! But totally fun...

Sounds interesting. Thanks! :) We might check it out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

:GM_FCA:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Congrats to the National Inclusion Project!

Rain has finally stopped and the sun is trying to come out! Making ham today; looking forward to the Rose Parade and maybe starting to put the Christmas stuff away.

40 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Seen this stolen and reposted all over, so decided to join in...

˚˛*˛°★ 2011!!!★* 。*★* ˛.*.★*.˛* .˛。*.★.*˛.¨*.★

˛°_██_*.。*./ ♥ \ .˛* .˛。.˛ ★... ★ 。**˛★*★..★**.★*.★*

˛. (´• ̮•)*.。*/♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____.♥ HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!♥

.°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*.。˛*★* ˛.*.★*.˛* .*˛

*(...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛°.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚ .˛ ...★..*.*★*

Thanks for a great 2010 and looking forward to an even better 2011!!!

Happy New Year, FCA !!!

Have you all recovered from last night?

I hope this year is a good one for all of us--including Clay.