#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Happy Halloween!

I had an HP laptop before my MacBook and I hated it. Too slow even though I had 2GB of RAM in it. Overheated. Froze. Multiple viruses, malware and spyware even with the proper blocking tools. It was too much. I don't think I could go back to them or Windows....

I hear Toshibas are excellent though. Same with Sony Vaio.

Happy Halloween everyone!

I was just pulling out my Halloween candy for tonight -- um, I think I bought too much. On the other hand, it looks to be a nice clear night, so there may be more kids than usual.

My first ever computer was a Toshiba laptop, and I've had a Toshiba laptop now for the past 4 years, with nary a trouble. When it dies, I would have no problem going with another one, although I have to admit I've started thinking about getting a Mac. I'd like to be literate in two forms of computers!

couchie, I'm not even that big of a clothes horse, but I've always got to move out the "summer clothes" (meaning short sleeved T-shirts and shorts) to the "winter clothes" (sweaters and turtlenecks), and vice versa. I don't have room in the dresser and closet if I don't!

I hope Parker has a good day out and gets lots of candy!

We had 20 kids so far. One kid dressed as a banker and said we were late with a mortgage payment so we could either turn over our deed or give him a treat. He was dressed like the banker in Monopoly, including the top hat. He cracked me up. He is a young teen who ran a neighborhood newspaper, which had a subscription fee of $5.00 a year. He would interview the neighbors, particularly ones who moved here recently.

The five year old girl next door, Ella, was dressed as a cat and told me our cat bit her mother's finger today. OOps!

Well, I THOUGHT I had too much candy. After seeing the bags I had, my husband said that we were to give two pieces per person. Guess what? Word spread, and we had almost 50 kids! We've still got quite a bit of candy, but not nearly as much as I was afraid we'd have.

I'm glad I like Twix, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Paydays (all in fun size, of course)!

I'm not sure if the National Inclusion Project is going after the money again in November or not, but voting has rolled over so I'm posting the links for now. If someone finds out what the decision is, let us know, please.

PEPSI2.gif

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

:GM_FCA:

29 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

93 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

We turned off our light at 6:30...we had approximately 250 kids and they were still coming. Our area gets targeted every Hallowe'en...it's a safe haven for ghosts and goblins! :cocktail:

calurker... we had one of those streets when they kids were growing up. I always bought 10 lbs of the candy you buy by the pound and always had to turn off the lights when it ran out. It was fun, but exhausting!

Fear... that Banker kid sounds like a cool kid.

I have clearners coming tomorrow and a handyman/painter lined up for after that. Now I have to find a moving company. Packed 15 boxes of books this weekend, only one more needed, then I have to pack the two bookcases that have tapes and notes from the classes I've taken over the last 20 years.

I may need a stay in a convalesant hospital when this is over... LOL

liney, 15 boxes of books. :scared: Don't forget your Clay stuff. I hope your move is very successful.

My Droid seems to be dying very slowly. The phone doesn't work but the internet and email parts do. I stopped at Verizon and told them what was wrong. They are sending me a new phone. Good service.

I hope everyone is planning to vote tomorrow, (except for those of you outside the US, I'll root for you on your election day), no matter what your political leanings might be. It's our chance to be heard.

I'm planning on voting and so is my daughter. I think this may be the first election that I've voted in when it wasn't also a Presidential election. Shouldn't matter too much in my state since we are already democratic but I'll do my part.

I read that the gala didn't do as well this year as the past two years, but considering the economy, the Chicago concert, and many of us still paying off bills from the summer tour, it was pretty damned good.

I voted already, first day of early voting. :twinklewhore: I am wondering if I should drive around my neighborhood tomorrow beeping my horn and hollering, "vote"! "vote"! Not really, I'm not ballsy enough, but there have been several guys standing in the median of the highway next to the early voting polling place for hours, with signs saying VOTE --->. Which I commend!

Karma's been at it again. The National Enquirer is declaring bankruptcy. Not going out of business yet, unfortunately, just "reorganizing." National Enquirer's owner to file for bankruptcy

I'm planning on voting and so is my daughter. I think this may be the first election that I've voted in when it wasn't also a Presidential election. Shouldn't matter too much in my state since we are already democratic but I'll do my part.

LOL, justclay12, I read your post with the NIP in mind, then realized you were talking about the national elections. :cryingwlaughter:

Many of us would so like to finish the Pepsi voting in November. With your three-way voting, use the NIP Widget, which Scarlett has just updated. Included are the NIP Alliance list of three charities PLUS 5 groups (A, B, C, D, E) of partners with whom we have established reciprocal voting. Choose one or two, depending on the number of accounts you have.

Use the widget, either in the Carolina On My Mind sidebar or on Facebook (she's going to post a link shortly), and help us not have to go into December. That is such a busy month!

SueReu and royalle on the CAF board keep up with votes going out and coming in. The charities may change accordingly. Be sure to leave a message like the one below so the charity will reciprocate. I vote three ways, and it only takes a few minutes:

The National Inclusion Project just voted for you. http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject ... Text 102308

Tuesday voting is important, too! :)

Caro :listen:

election.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/