#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

In Entertainment Weekly, there is a photo of George Clooney on the set of "Morning Glory" sitting on a bench with his legs crossed...and peeking from beneath his slacks are some distinctively Clayesque striped socks. :)

Dang. I meant Harrison Ford! LOL

In Entertainment Weekly, there is a photo of George Clooney on the set of "Morning Glory" sitting on a bench with his legs crossed...and peeking from beneath his slacks are some distinctively Clayesque striped socks. :)

Isn't Harrison Ford the star of that movie? And I think I remember seeing that picture!

Isn't Harrison Ford the star of that movie? And I think I remember seeing that picture!

Oh, Lord, yes, of course it was Harrison Ford. Got the grey heads mixed up. lol

I was going to add this hours ago but noticed some of the links to pictures were broken so I went and fixed the whole post. It kinda goes with Bottle's Fugly or Snuggly thing right now. :lol: I put it together in October 2008, so it might need a follow up. lol!

http://sapharia.livejournal.com/496467.html

I was going to add this hours ago but noticed some of the links to pictures were broken so I went and fixed the whole post. It kinda goes with Bottle's Fugly or Snuggly thing right now. :lol: I put it together in October 2008, so it might need a follow up. lol!

http://sapharia.livejournal.com/496467.html

Very cute! :cryingwlaughter:

:GM_FCA:

14 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

78 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Isn't it funny how you can just be going through life doing mundane things - say grocery shopping - when all of a sudden Kyrie starts wafting through the store and you start thinking about someone who sings that better. Or you're walking out the store and see piled up by the door Honey Crisp Apple juice and you start laughing LOL. I didn't even stop to look at the price of that. Has anyone tasted it?

Thanks for the reminder every day bc. I haven't forgotten yet, but I could.

couchie, I haven't seen the honeycrisp juice yet. It would be in my cart if I had seen any.

Finally got a clean bill of health from the dentist after giving up sugar this summer, but I can't seem to lose any weight. :smack:

Yesterday I had a meeting out of town, had a dental appointment and got new tires. I was in the car a lot and listened to Bringing Broadway Home once again. Man, Clay has one fantastic voice for Broadway or almost anything. I wonder if his jaw surgery made his voice even better? Listened to his duet with Lauren, With Whatever Time We Have, on repeat a few times. Home is no slacker either. Thats why I'm here and why I keep coming back. Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.

Off to get ready to work. Have a fantastic day!

13 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

77 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Kim

Just want to report that the funeral went without stupid protesters...instead hundreds of people, miltiary, police, border patrol and Patriot Riders lined the streets with the American flag, some big, some small....all in support. It was beautiful. I'm so thankful that was there for the family and all of us to see instead of those idiots.

My favorite from that second batch is that last one. I've also got a weird fondness for the kangaroo shirt!

From the first batch -- I'm a fan of that green sweater, still to this day. He looks incredibly snuggly to me in that one!

ldyj... I'm with you. I will also say that the transparent sweater over the purple flowered shirt is FUGLY to the max. LOL He is indeed sometimes sartorially challenged and I love him anyway. LOL

shortyjill... I'm very glad to hear that the funeral was protester free.

On top of all the repair stuff I'm having done on the house, last night the garbage disposal quit working. Urrgh! A 7' by 12' storage space is $108/month. Another Urrgh! Sigh! I will live thru this, I will live thru this... of course, it might be in a coma, but what the hey! LOL

I feel ya, liney. I moved in July...well June, July, August, September and so on and am still unpacking. It was hard. I've moved a lot of times before, but this time I had stuff from my mother's place and from a little office (long story) I had rented as well as from my house. And I moved a bunch of stuff myself in my station wagon and other people's cars. Physically it was hard, I was just worn out, I would sleep for hours and hours and then get up and do some more. Did I mention that I feel ya cause moving is hard?

FearofH20, I totally agree with you about Bringing Broadway Home. That could've been a PBS special itself, it was so good. I mean they are all famous singers/actors, singing and reminiscing about how they got into "the business." And Clay was something else that night. You don't often get to hear him sing Broadway tunes like that. He sang a LOT of songs, and lordy how did he remember all of those lyrics? It was :wub:. I need to get that on my iPod!

Which reminds me--I've got iPod in my car again. :twinklewhore: I found a radio frequency that works sometimes in some directions from here. It worked all the way to the dentist on the far end of Raleigh and back the other day, which is :twinklewhore:. So hooray, and I've also been taking it on my walks. Didn't do that for awhile. So I really need to get some of the new stuff on there. It's been a year of amazing bounty in Clayland. A CD, DVD, the taping, TV special, BBH, a tour, GFI, the gala, and Chicago. And clack of it all in case you missed anything. Have we got a cornucopia emoticon? :cryingwlaughter:

12 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

76 Days until The T&T Tour Begins:yahoo:

Kim

Tweet copied over from CV:

DCMorningCall Colby Itkowitz

Casey has event with Idol's Clay Aiken tomorrow about school bullying. Here's a highlight from Aiken's Idol run: http://bit.ly/9ifXA8

30 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I looked back and didn't see it posted here.

Casey is a PA senator.

Thanks to bottlecap and aikim. Always here in the morning.

liney and jmh, that moving stuff is not for the faint hearted.

Stealing this from GCA:

@SenatorHagan Tweet

Sen.Hagan meets with American Idol Contestant and Raleigh native, Clay Aiken http://www.flickr.com/photos/senkayhagan/5188146088/

SenKayHagensandClay1118.jpg

A report from GLSEN:

Members of Congress, Singer Clay Aiken, Community Members Advocate for Anti-Bullying Legislation in the Wake of Recent Tragedies

WASHINGTON - Senators Bob Casey and Al Franken and Representatives Jared Polis and Linda Sanchez were joined by singer Clay Aiken, Dancing with the Stars' Louis Van Amstel, and Sirdeaner Walker and Tammy Aaberg, two mothers who lost their sons to suicide after they faced in-school bullying, to stress the importance two bills that address the bullying and harassment of students in schools.

The Safe Schools Improvement Act (SSIA), introduced by Rep. Linda Sanchez and Sen. Bob Casey, is a federal anti-bullying bill that includes protections based on race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. The bill has bi-partisan support and currently has 130 cosponsors in the House and 15 cosponsors in the Senate.

The Student Non-Discrimination Act (SNDA), modeled after Title IX, introduced by Rep. Jared Polis and Sen. Al Franken, would provide protections to students targeted for bullying, harassment and discrimination based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity. The bill currently as 127 cosponsors in the House and 30 cosponsors in the Senate

<snip>

Clay Aiken, known to many as an American Idol star, is also a father and a former special education teacher who feels strongly about enacting specific anti-bullying protections so that future generations have the opportunity to fulfill their dreams. "I never had someone who told me that it was ok to be different...that it was okay to be me. What I did hear was that it would get better once I was out of high school...that things would get better. But from where I sat, I could not possibly believe that to be true. We need federal leadership from Congress to encourage all states and districts and each and every schools to create safe learning environments where all students can learn and succeed."

You don't know how much it KILLED me to get the text message from Team Clay's Twitter right when a meeting was starting. I NEEDED to get that blog. LOL.

What the heck is "a hair across my butt?" Never heard that one!

Thanks for bringing the stuff over from getclayaiken laughn. I barely had time to check there, and then my meeting started. Work sucks, it cuts into my Clay time!

Glad he's helping to promote this legislation. Tolerance needs to be taught, and this sounds like a good first step!

God, I love that man's smile.

Oh, and....Senator Aiken has a nice ring to it!