#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Ah. Back home. Doing laundry right now.

I had a great time, except for one thing...we stayed with my BIL for this trip, and there was something in his house that set off my allergies. Bad allergies. I was popping decongestants all weekend, and still went through a box of tissues. I've now been home 24 hours -- and my allergies are back to normal.

If nothing else, next time we head out to visit my husband's family -- we'll be staying at a hotel!

Man, I don't want to go back to work tomorrow.

I hope Clay had a great Thanksgiving!

:helloFCA:

It's been quite a day in the Pepsi Refresh trenches. I did receive a reply from Aron, which is quoted below.

I can't answer the Canadian question right now but PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR HANNAH'S HOPE. They are not voting for us even if they are commenting. AHC folks were instructed to stop voting for Butterfly Kisses over a week ago. Please know that our leadership and AHC leadership are fully committed to making November the month for both of us and these side unofficial alliances are causing suspicion especially in these last few days. Again, we can't tell anyone how to vote but we hope that in the last three days you will concentrate your votes to our official alliance partners.

Thanks for how much you've done in this process!

Aron Hall

I wrote back to please check on the rule and that we know not to vote for Hannah's Hope. I, unfortunately, used HH's comment as an example. Apparently, there are some rogue voters in the AHC, Spoede, and SWOOP camps.

I told him I have never seen Butterfly Kisses (#9 in the $50k category) in any comment on a US page, and I frequently check boards when I vote. Butterfly must be getting lots of Canadian votes, as well as those of our alliances, which is why the group has been insurmountable for us.

Meanwhile, several members have studied the Pepsi rules; and there is some pretty convincing evidence that Canadians are supposed to vote in Canada and US citizens in the US.

SWOOP left a rather pointed comment in the NIP thread, which Royalle asked me to answer:

LJG. I don't know where this widget is or if we are really on it, but I hope you really are trying to keep SWOOP in the top ten. We will make a real difference in the lives of people who desperately need a wheelchair ramp, with your support. 102191

I went onto SWOOP's site and replied:

LJG of SWOOP: The NIP widget is on several message boards, in blog sidebars (i.e., Carolina On My Mind: http://carolinaonmymind-carolinaclaysblog.blogspot.com/ ), etc. Congrats on being #10! The NIP is supporting you!

For every one like that, there are countless voters thanking the NIP for supporting their charity as they send back the reciprocal votes.

I really wish this could happen for the Inclusion Project in November. Maybe we should just pass the hat and collect $50k. :clay:

Caro :listen:

Who knew charity could be so intriguing. I actually like your idea of passing the hat Caro.

LdyJ--so sorry about your allergies. The same thing happened to my mom in SC. Very intense case of something. She had to go to a doctor there and because she went to a private doctor she had to pay for all the prescribed medicine. OUCH. The moment she got back I sent her to her doctor so that we could go back to getting free medicine. I don't kno whow people do it.

Aikim -- LOL at your childhood story. And now I'm laughing even more because I'm thinking of the THanksgiving episode of Raising Hope where a turkey hit the floor and one of the characters would have gone with the 5 second rule if nobody was watching.

Well it's officially Xmas season. Still not in the mood though. I'll pull out my Clay Xmas collection in a week or two. That will do the trick.

Happy almost Monday!!

:GM_FCA:

1 Day until Clays Birthday!

:yahoo:

65 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well it's officially Xmas season. Still not in the mood though. I'll pull out my Clay Xmas collection in a week or two. That will do the trick.

I hope it will too, couchie. I hate snow but maybe once the white stuff hits the ground it will start to feel more Christmasy. I am going to have to bite the bullet next weekend and dig out the decorations and the tree. :P

Regarding Canadian votes:

Carolina Clay:

OFFICIAL from JERRY AIKEN and ARON HALL

From: RCCYBERREP [mailto:RCCYBERREP@young-america.com] On Behalf Of Pepsi Refresh

Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 11:27 AM

To: Jerry Aiken

Subject: Pepsi Refresh Project - Jerry Aiken

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for contacting us with regards to the Pepsi Refresh Project. It is our pleasure to assist you.

No, U.S.A. residents can only vote for the American Pepsi Refresh Project.

Also, Canadian residents can only vote for the Canadian Pepsi Refresh Project.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for choosing Pepsi! Together, we're going to do a lot of good!!

Also, this was on the National Inclusion Project Pepsi Refresh Board this morning:

Our Leader:

Jerry Aiken

2 days to go - we need the help of all groups to defeat Progressive Slate. Please help us move up 1 position to the winner's circle. Make a difference in the lives of children! Thanks You!

We all are working hard to win this for Clay's birthday. We have a number of wonderful Charities working with us to try to secure our position in the money. This week end Hope Heals asked everyone who came to her Thanksgiving dinner to vote before they ate. She sent us 168 votes from Thanksgiving. Then Friday, she commented they were having people over for a number of events, so was hoping she could secure upward of 1000 votes.

That's what I call love.

You've probably already heard about the Rett story, but in case you haven't, Arianna a gal who attends Hale Middle School has no voice, so the alumni of HMS decided to gather 120 to vote on the Pepsi Refresh as Rett has the medical technology to possibly give a voice to Arianna. Arianna and her family, along with 120 HMS alumni have been voting and giving NIP 600 votes each day. Each person is allowed 10 votes, one going to Rett, then they selected 9 other Charities. We are the 10th Charity selected, even though we are not officially a part of the Rett Alliance, we are in the NIP Alliance, it was decided since NIP voted during the September Challenge and helped Rett/IRSF win $250,000.

they would allow us as the 10th Charity. During the 4 days HMS was off, they decided since more family would be there, they could double the vote and gave the NIP 1200 votes each of the 4 days.

These are only two wonderful stories coming out of this Pepsi Refresh.

Due to you and all other NIP/Clay Aiken supporters, I believe this has helped the NIP become more visual. So many people have seen the video and now know who the NIP is and what a wonderful program we have. This could bring

more donators to the NIP.

Also, we have built a solid reputation as workers. Many of the Charities have seen how hard we have worked to win

this grant. We have worked not only for the NIP but for all the Charities we helped move up the ladder.

Thank you all for Voting!

I hope it will too, couchie. I hate snow but maybe once the white stuff hits the ground it will start to feel more Christmasy. I am going to have to bite the bullet next weekend and dig out the decorations and the tree. :P

luckiest... my living room is packed to the rafters with boxes/etc and I don't know if I will have room to get a tree up this year. LOL

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Moving sucks major!!! I still have my plants to move and a few things in my garage, then cleaning by the 1st. Then I can start to unpack. I could not for the life of me find my alarm clock so I had to use my cell phone alarm for the first time this morning. It worked fine. I still want my alarm clock... it has a snooze button. I can't find my jewelry or my makeup. I thought I was so logical on where I packed things, but the movers were not logical on where they put the boxes. Sigh! I know right where my DVDs are, but not the player nor do I know how to attach it to the TV even if I knew where it is. I figure it will take me all of December to unpack. WOW! I had no idea I had so much STUFF!

Plus, I need to be two people at work right now, too... end of year and so much is due, plus we're re-carpeting and everything in the office has to be packed up by the 24th. Ack!!! I am going to have such a New Year's party just for this year being over. LOL

Thanks for the info royalle. Two of the people I emailed last night have voted or are learning how to vote. I'm going to bug my son and his girlfriend as they didn't respond. I'm sure they could at least text from their iphones. Geez! I'm resending the email again tonight to everyone.

Liney, I feel so sorry for you. Sounds like you need a nice relaxing night off. The boxes will eventually get unpacked. I haven't moved and I have a hard time finding anything.

We were on a roll for a while selling some large things we didn't need but that slowed down fast since it was so time consuming.

I just read over at CV that if you have an Android phone you can download the Pepsi Refresh app...tried it and worked. Wish I knew before now or I could have been getting 4 votes in a day! Oh well. If we roll over into December, at least I can use it then.

If you have an Android phone, it's really simple to get. Just go to the Marketplace app and search for Pepsi, it should show up as the first search result.

Also a super big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Clay. :wub:

I miss him so much!

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Birthday Clay! Hope you have the best day!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Fear!!

64 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Nice write up!

TheHollywoodGossip.com

Happy 32nd Birthday, Clay Aiken!

Happy 32nd Birthday, Clay Aiken!

November 30th, 2010 8:47 AM by Hilton Hater Tags: Celebrity Birthdays, Clay Aiken

He's an American Idol finalist, a father, a former Broadway star and, now, a 32-year old man.

Indeed, Clay Aiken celebrates a birthday today, as Claymates around the world are likely sending their favorite artist a slew of best wishes as we type this. We encourage readers to do the same.

After all, we're talking about one of the most humble, charitable artists around, one who spent the summer promoting the release of his fifth studio album and touring with Ruben Studdard. Aiken seems like a very nice guy and we hope he's having a terrific day!

And I just noticed the "author." Hee.

Saw Burlesque tonight with luckiest1 and luckiestdaughter + friends. The story was predictable, but the music was outstanding. Christina Aguilera has some lungs on her! What a showcase this movie is for her. And Cher sounded freakin' amazing for 64 years old. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Saw Burlesque tonight with luckiest1 and luckiestdaughter + friends. The story was predictable, but the music was outstanding. Christina Aguilera has some lungs on her! What a showcase this movie is for her. And Cher sounded freakin' amazing for 64 years old. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how that movie was. How was Christina's acting? Definitely will put that one in my netflix queue.

Tomorrow is December. The older I get the faster time flies.

Happy Birthday Clay. Wow 32 Wasn't it just yesterday that he was 24 ?

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how that movie was. How was Christina's acting? Definitely will put that one in my netflix queue.

Tomorrow is December. The older I get the faster time flies.

Happy Birthday Clay. Wow 32 Wasn't it just yesterday that he was 24 ?

There wasn't a whole lot of acting on anyone's part in this movie (IMO) except maybe for Stanley Tucci, who was awesome as Cher's gay BFF. I would say Christina very successfully played a super-talented singer and dancer. Still enjoyed the movie very much!