#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

bottlecap, thanks again for reminding everyone of the Pepsi Refresh voting. I'm sure your hard work has brought in many votes. Aron sent out fliers to WFI coordinators to have available at the WFI sites this month. They look similar to the ones Caro had on her site.

IMO one thing that will work in our favor in December is that there is no school at the end of December to get those last minute flurry of votes. I saw someone on a board post about the progressives winning again. I hadn't read anything about this. Does anyone know what it is about?

I'm another Netflix person couchy. We are switching over to just the instant queue, so no more dvds. We have had Roku since May and love it but Netflix was still sending out dvds also. Next month no more dvds. I thought about HD Hulu for the Roku but it is 9.99 a month in addition and according to my son the shows still have commercials. So we are sticking to our DVR.

Have a great day.

:GM_FCA:

Well, not really a good morning for me; I love our animals but right now I could do without the dog...woke me up at 2:00 because his water dish was empty; took him an hour to settle down..he had to chase the cat for a while. 5:00 he wakes me up again to go outside...go back to bed...cat wakes me up at 6:00 because her food dish is empty. Figure sleep is not going to happen so I get up...get her taken care of. Get ready for work, sit down at the computer like I normally do in the morning with my breakfast and the dog comes over and promptly pukes on the floor next to me. Lovely. So much for breakfast. At least he didn't do it on the carpet. Going to be a long day at work...I am already tired and cranky.

64 Days until The Tried & True Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

aikim, sorry to hear about your crappy morning.

bottle, thanks for your reminders, and WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Stealing this direct post from laughn at getclayaiken. I hope she doesn't mind...

Some pics from the dinner he blogged about being at the other night. It was dinner with the NIP auction winners. :)

101129_Clay_AuctionDinner3.jpg

101129_Clay_AuctionDinner2.jpg

101129_Clay_AuctionDinner.jpg

I love the sweater! Looks very soft and cuddly!

A request: If someone gets the voting instruction e-mail from the National Inclusion Project during the day today, can you post the voting alliance list? I wasn’t sure if it was going to change or not for December, so so far I’ve just put in my votes for TNIP.

Well, not really a good morning for me; I love our animals but right now I could do without the dog...woke me up at 2:00 because his water dish was empty; took him an hour to settle down..he had to chase the cat for a while. 5:00 he wakes me up again to go outside...go back to bed...cat wakes me up at 6:00 because her food dish is empty. Figure sleep is not going to happen so I get up...get her taken care of. Get ready for work, sit down at the computer like I normally do in the morning with my breakfast and the dog comes over and promptly pukes on the floor next to me. Lovely. So much for breakfast. At least he didn't do it on the carpet. Going to be a long day at work...I am already tired and cranky.

Sorry you had a bad morning. Sounds about par for the course in my house (currently have 3 dogs and 2 cats, someone's always puking or waking me up LOL).

Clay blogged and no one told me? LMAO. cindilu2, you never even mentioned it last night! I had no idea! :P

My laptop is (hopefully) being repaired so I am kind of computer-less right now. Just have my work computer but don't like to do too much non-work stuff on it, if you know what I mean. ;)

A request: If someone gets the voting instruction e-mail from the National Inclusion Project during the day today, can you post the voting alliance list? I wasn’t sure if it was going to change or not for December, so so far I’ve just put in my votes for TNIP.

Below are the voting alliances that arrived in this morning's NIP email:

*Charm City Clinic (103854)

*Cherubs –Provide Financial Assistance to Families Affected by CDH (101202)

*CMV (101692)

*Ella's Hope (100288)

*Medzou Community Clinic (103787)

*Spoede School Association (104016)

*Unified Theater (104169)

Before Scarlett left for work, no alliances had been announced; so that page of the Voting Widget is basically congratulatory messages to the November winners, etc.

However, we do have some faithful partners in Groups A-G, and you can vote for them. Much of this was completed during the "in between" time, so there some charities that aren't competing in December in Groups D, F, and G by virtue of not making the "top 100" or for winning. If you run into one of these, select another group/charity, vote, and leave a message that the NIP is supporting them.

Thank you to those who stopped by the Carolina On My Mind "birthday blog." It may be old news, but the graphics are worth your visit/comment. :)

Here's to December being the month for the NIP! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

I saw someone on a board post about the progressives winning again. I hadn't read anything about this. Does anyone know what it is about?

I saw that too and I'm a bit confused not knowing what "progressives" is....but what I got from it is they have multiple charities with a large backing vote and continue to win, making it unfair for others.

I'm starting to get voter fatigue but I'll continue to vote. WFI is being set up in my area and I would hope that our area coordinator has the idea of putting out flyers by our booth like I saw a suggestion for. That might help greatly!

Aikim sorry you had a rough morning. I'm lucky in the fact that my cat is strange, she doesn't come to wake me up. LOL

Luckiest hope you get your laptop back soon.

ldyj thanks for bringing over the pics. He doesn't look too bad, only thing I think I'd like to do is shake his hair out. :lol:

I'm excited....today is 1 of 2 for "fun" things... I ordered the 3rd season of Big Bang Theory really cheap on Black Friday and it's coming today!! :twinklewhore: And the Christmas present I'm not supposed to know about is coming today too. LOL And we finally ordered a washer/dryer so that's coming tomorrow. We'll finally be able to do laundry here after 4 months!

My cat wakes me up every morning..I do not need an alarm clock. I get up at 6:00 and promptly at 5:30 she is sitting up by my head patting me on the face with her paw until I wake up...sometimes if that doesn't work she will lick me and if all else fails..loud meowing. Then she will follow me into bathroom and wait while I get ready for work and then it is on to to the kitchen to get her breakfast. She does not like to be kept waiting...If I don't get the food right away and decide to throw a load of laundry in first she will meow until I get her dish and food out. Then when she has eaten...she goes back to bed. What a life!

Kim

Sorry you had a bad morning. Sounds about par for the course in my house (currently have 3 dogs and 2 cats, someone's always puking or waking me up LOL).

Clay blogged and no one told me? LMAO. cindilu2, you never even mentioned it last night! I had no idea! :P

My laptop is (hopefully) being repaired so I am kind of computer-less right now. Just have my work computer but don't like to do too much non-work stuff on it, if you know what I mean. ;)

Ummm, I was with you! smack.gif

Good luck with the laptop - hope it gets fixed!

My cat wakes me up every morning..I do not need an alarm clock. I get up at 6:00 and promptly at 5:30 she is sitting up by my head patting me on the face with her paw until I wake up...sometimes if that doesn't work she will lick me and if all else fails..loud meowing. Then she will follow me into bathroom and wait while I get ready for work and then it is on to to the kitchen to get her breakfast. She does not like to be kept waiting...If I don't get the food right away and decide to throw a load of laundry in first she will meow until I get her dish and food out. Then when she has eaten...she goes back to bed. What a life!

Kim

Kim your cat made me think of

tho your cat sounds quite gentle in comparison.

62 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Kim

Aikim...you're making me want a pet.

Listened to the radio in my car for the first time in ages. And heee my oldies station NEVER varies its playlist. It's so comforting LOL Anyway as I pulled into my driveway Always and Forever came one. I love that song so much. It's a favorite from when I was growing up. It made me smile for a couple of reasons. Do we know if Clay sang more than that snippet of the song that we saw on tv. Has any more of it ever turned up I forget. I could have sworn that Idol Rewind they may have shown more? Thanks Bottle for the PSA link. Orange Clay - something else that always makes me smile.

And stop trying to get me in the xmas spirit with your daily postings. It won't work. Bah Humbug until at least December 15th!

I was just getting ready to come over and post that PSA, but I see bottle beat me. Darn meetings that get in the way of me posting stuff!

I'm slowly but surely getting into the Christmas spirit. I'm taking tomorrow off from work to get some shopping done, not to mention my tree up.

Cats: our cats, for the most part, do not attempt to wake us up in the morning. As a matter of fact, they become second blankets for us, which makes us sleep deeper! I'm just happy that our cats are friendly to almost everyone. Last weekend, I was with my BIL's cats -- who hissed at me the entire time! I think our cats have hissed once in their lives.

Via notacanuck at CH:

Clay with a new PSA for GLSEN

Not to be shallow, but I just want to say YUM.

Do we know if Clay sang more than that snippet of the song that we saw on tv. Has any more of it ever turned up I forget. I could have sworn that Idol Rewind they may have shown more?

I don't remember Idol Rewind showing more, but there is this reconstruction montage. From what I remember Clay saying is that he sang probably half the song before they stopped him. They did a toooon of editing for that itty bitty bit we saw.

I've been coughing a lot the past couple days. My mom came home with a sore throat last night. I really don't feel like catching anything right now.

pepsi-logo2.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Link

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Via TNIP's facebook:

Pepsi Reminder: Rankings at the beginning of the month are generated randomly. Give it 3-4 days to update for the real standings. Vote!

sparkleseason.gif

Vote, vote, vote

We start Wrapping for Inclusion in our city today. We could all work our butts off and never earn near that amount of money that we could get if all the USA fans would spend a couple of minutes voting each day. I know so many have but just hang in there another month. The National Inclusion Project is encouraging us to get folks at the stores to vote also.

I'm just not fond of everyone going off in different groups to form many alliances. It just seems so much smarter to go with the NIP's choices. JMO, The more we splinter off, the less effective we will be.

shortyjill, you are not shallow. Clay looked great in that PSA. A big part of his charm is his boyish manner IMO.

Have a fantastic day. It's Friday. What could be better?

61 Days until The T&T Tour!:yahoo:

Kim

I voted today soon as I heard we're in the #2 spot! Hopefully we get to keep it for a while!

I don't follow the alliances just because it's so confusing to me... however, I am helping a friend of mine. Her dad works at a local hospital and they have a project in the running for 50K (under Health) for kids with disabilities. I told her if she helped vote for NIP I'd help vote for her dad's hospital project. That's the only extra I'm doing....

WFI doesn't start for us till next weekend, and for me, it's on the far side of the area, an hour and a half away. The end is rewarding though. :)