#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

I think I know my two questions. Hoping to ask him in person some day!

1) Besides AI and the birth of Parker, what single event in your life affected you the most (for good or bad)?

2) During the 2007 tour -- who picked the songs for the "cool" medley? I'd love to pick his brain on that one, and would probably have some follow up questions...

Good morning!

Thanks treenuts, I'm sure you'll come up with two good questions, although based on past history, I am a little afraid. :whistling-1:

aikim, thanks for the reminder of Clay's birthday as his is the same as Mr Fear. I thought of giving Mr Fear a party but my SIL is planning one for him and her son. She loves those group birthdays. I, on the other hand, hates them. Not to mention we don't get along at all. My bad. :smack:

bc, thanks so much for reminding many of us to vote. I wish everyone would but we can only do so much.

Good morning!

Thanks treenuts, I'm sure you'll come up with two good questions, although based on past history, I am a little afraid. :whistling-1:

aikim, thanks for the reminder of Clay's birthday as his is the same as Mr Fear. I thought of giving Mr Fear a party but my SIL is planning one for him and her son. She loves those group birthdays. I, on the other hand, hates them. Not to mention we don't get along at all. My bad. :smack:

bc, thanks so much for reminding many of us to vote. I wish everyone would but we can only do so much.

Glad I could help, LOL! My Dad, Sister and Brother all had birthdays within a week of each other in October and my Mom always had group birthdays for them...I think when you are a kid you prefer to be the "star" all by yourself.

How are Mr. Fear's knees doing?

Kim

<snip>

Glad I could help, LOL! My Dad, Sister and Brother all had birthdays within a week of each other in October and my Mom always had group birthdays for them...I think when you are a kid you prefer to be the "star" all by yourself.

Kim

We just got back from an appointment with his surgeon. Both kneecap ligaments are torn and his kneecaps are split and have moved up on his legs. No wonder he can't walk without his knees collapsing. They are considering surgery on both again in March if the knees don't improve. Something about taking ligaments from a cadavor. :jaw:

ETA: He fell in the yard earlier this week and just fell in the kitchen now. He didn't get hurt, but now I'm really concerned.

Fear, oh dear! Sorry to hear this news. Don't be afraid of cadaver parts. They work! :) And in the meantime, maybe some heavy-duty, structured knee braces? If he's falling down frequently, I don't know why they are postponing the surgery. What if he hits his noggin? You probably already know this, but when my knees are acting up, I sleep with a pillow under my knees. Keeps them supported at a natural curve and minimizes the wear and tear of rolling around. (((Mr. Fear)))

I posted this over at CH and thought it might interest some folks here, as well. It is regarding Project Runway and the fact that the obvious front-runner in many people's minds did not win! Gasp.

And bwah if we didn't get a Clay mention out of this! LOL (Posting only the intro and Clay mention from Nick Verreos blog, bolding mine).
Salt Wins Over Sugar

By nickverreos Fri., Oct. 29, 2010 , 5:00 am EDT

"Project Runway" Season 8 ended last night with a THUMP: Mondo Did Not Win. Pause for dramatic effect. Let it sink in. Let me repeat: Mondo is NOT the winner of "Project Runway." The winner, instead, was Gretchen. Yes, Granola-Crunch-Whole-Foods-Hipster-Chick Gretchen, the Most Hated (by Internet standards) Contestant of the Season. For a hot minute, I thought, I'm going to totally shock everyone and say how Gretchen is the deserved winner, the judges were right and "Yeaaaaay!" I'll get 22,568 Hate Comments and be the most-read blogger in myLifetime.com history! And then I remembered how I had to live with myself tomorrow. So I decided to tell you the truth: I was NUMB. I-Need-to-Have-a-Stiff-Drink Numb. What happened? Well, let's figure it all out ...

<snip>

Silver Lining?

Yes, the one person that fans across the nation despise has now won the $100,000 Grand Prize! Let the blogosphere hatin' begin! I might not agree with the judges' decisions — and frankly I didn't agree with A LOT of what they had to say this season — but in a weird, twisted way, having Gretchen win has been a positive: The fans' mutual hatred and distaste of her has awoken them from a deep "Project Runway" Fan Slumber and made them involved in watching the show again. In a way, Gretchen has now (almost) singularly revived the "Project Runway" brand. So see, there is a positive. Now, Lifetime: Send her a huge bouquet of flowers! Congrats, Gretchen. And don't fret, Mondo — somehow I have a feeling you will be part of the "Illustrious Runner-Up Club" right alongside Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert. Love me some sugar.

<snip>

Kim

We just got back from an appointment with his surgeon. Both kneecap ligaments are torn and his kneecaps are split and have moved up on his legs. No wonder he can't walk without his knees collapsing. They are considering surgery on both again in March if the knees don't improve. Something about taking ligaments from a cadavor. :jaw:

ETA: He fell in the yard earlier this week and just fell in the kitchen now. He didn't get hurt, but now I'm really concerned.

Oh I am so sorry...but how are they going to improve without surgery?

Kim

Cindilu I saw your montage but no sound. Damn I need a new computer. Did a few updates and my sound has disappeared again. I have no idea what the problem is. So I have it saved and tuckedit away for when I get a new computer later this year. I can't even watch at work. Internet is OFF LIMITS.

Houston is very warm! I didn't get to see Kandre (Hope you're feeling better) but I had a wonderful dinner with Keepingfaith. We talked about so much stuff including one Clay Aiken of course. She's even trying to talk me into Valentine's day. Maybe! I haven't ruled it out yet.

When I found out Gretchen won PR I didn't even watch the finale. I just deleted it from my DVR. What a sham.

Treenuts! Whew! Go Giants! Dare we believe? And I'm so excited about my Warriors as well.

I'm all for a second opinion, but it's up to Mr Fear. Thanks for the advice 00lsee. He does have one knee brace but doesn't wear it. The surgeon is in his forties and teaches knee replacement around the world, so his patients think he is the best. Unfortunately this is a side affect of knee replacement which he had in March this year.

Aikim, I'm concerned about it too. One article I read said to have the surgery as soon as possible. Maybe he's booked up through March. It could also be an insurance issue. The knee replacement was between 50 to 60 thousand.

I loved Nick's blog. I know he called Mondo the sugar but he put Clay in the sugar catagory too! :flirtysmile3: He called Gretchen the salt. The result might have been easier to take if they hadn't made an issue of her bossy and annoying personality.

pepsi2neon-1.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

:GM_FCA:

31 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Fear... I'm so sorry about the problems Mr.Fear is having. So many people think joint replacement solves all problems, but it doesn't always. My DD had a hip replacement 16 years ago and it never took the way some people much older's did. She still lives on Tylenol and has to be very careful what she does. I hope they find a solution soon. In the meantime, braces do sound like the best solution for now.

Couchie... what kind of laptop are you going to get? I'm thinking of getting a rebuilt Dell, as they are so much cheaper than new.

I have pumpkin pies to make today, as tomorrow is my middle DD's birthday and every year since she was 3 yrs old, I have made her pumpkin's pies for her b'day. I have the cutest picture of her at 3 looking at her pie with Happy Birthday written in whipped cream. I no longer do that part... LOL

I have to start packing now... I am giving the apartment landlord 30 days notice Monday and want to schedule the move for the 20th. OMG, I'm scaring myself. Sigh! Any volunteers to help???? LOL Just send vibes to make everyday have 30 hours in it instead of 24 and I might make it.

Wow -- so many changes going on in the lives of those here! liney, good luck with the move, and I'll send lots of positive vibes!

Fear, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. My guess why it will be so long is that, if the doctor is that good (and it sounds like he might be), he's probably pretty darn popular and that's the earliest they could schedule him. When I had my knee surgery two years ago (just a torn ligament), it was 6 weeks before I could get in.

It's FINALLY gotten cool enough around here to make the "clothes switch" from summer to winter! That is my project for the day.

couchie, good luck with the laptop!

liney good luck with the move. :) Not sure I'd recommend buying a Dell though...they don't last long before they start having a ton of problems. I've never owned one myself but I have plenty of friends who did and they got tired of having to put up with bad customer service and constantly needing it fixed for one thing or another. I suppose this advice should go out to Couchie too. Please don't skimp on your laptops....yes you'll pay more money but chances are they'll last longer too.

Fear sorry about your husband. I don't know too much about knee surgeries but my grandma had hers replaced in 2002. Worked like a charm after that until the Parkinson's got to her.

Thanks for the nice thoughts guys. I get so worried that he will fall down the stairs or bang his head and I won't be home. If I could only get him to keep his cell phone in his pocket.

I've been reading at CV that groun control is trying to get Clay to make an appearance at the OFC. :cryingwlaughter: Good luck to them.

liney, I hope you get some help with your move.

Houston is very warm! I didn't get to see Kandre (Hope you're feeling better) but I had a wonderful dinner with Keepingfaith. We talked about so much stuff including one Clay Aiken of course. She's even trying to talk me into Valentine's day. Maybe! I haven't ruled it out yet.

Wow, sounds like it was a great time! I'm jealous!!!

Wish someone would come have dinner with me :whistling-1:

I've been reading at CV that groun control is trying to get Clay to make an appearance at the OFC.
I do wonder why he seems to have retreated further from the OFC in this past year....even more so in the past six months. I hope it's just a phase. Or maybe I'm just being naive but :needclay:

And lastly...GO GIANTS :dancetom:

th_WITCH-1.gifHappy Halloween Weekend, FCA!

The new Carolina blog -- Halloween 'Possesses' Clay Aiken Fan Sites -- is loaded with ghosts, goblins, graphics, Halloween history and traditions, NC ghost stories, as well as the National Inclusion Project's final push for votes and a $50k Pepsi Refresh grant.

Featured graphics are by AmazingCA, Linda (ABM), Claystruck, Ashes, Clayquebec1, and Fountaindawg. I see a lot of right-clicking in the "live feed." Hope you drop by, enjoy, and leave the graphic artists a note in the comments.

Sending Mr. Fear good vibes for his knees. I know how he feels.

I am off to start my Pepsi voting. Hope everyone is having an awesome Saturday!

Halloweencat.gif Caro

Liney, good luck with the move! Those can be stressful but it seems like you have things well in hand.

Not sure on the laptop but am going for cheap but I need a full keyboard and number pad. Shortyjill, I had a top of the line Toshiba 17 inch wide screen and I wore it out. I use my computer for work so no matter how good it is, I'll wear it out. Last year when I was unemployed it was 40 hours a week on the computer just for work, let alone my play time so my good laptop didn't really last long. So now I'm going for something that is cheap so that when it wears out I can just throw it away and move on to the next one.

LOL at the clothes switch from summer to winter. What's that LdyJ heee. And to make matters worse for me, today we had mandatory work day for inventory and they said where your old clothes and I'm like what's that. My clothes are my clothes. I need to go shopping.

Treenuts, we should make a date LOL. This month will be nuts. At work we go live Monday with a new computer system. I have a feeling there will be a lot of late nights. Too bad we can't get world series tickets!!

Go Giants!

Fear, good luck to Mr. Fear. Any kind of heath problem is worrisome. And I know what you mean about worrying about something happening when you aren't around. Even though my mom has been pretty healthy for awhile, if she doesn't answer the phone for a period of time I want to run home and check.

So is the tour the next thing on the agenda?

Thanks caro and couchy.

I had a Toshiba laptop and loved it. Now I have an HP which came highly recommended to me, but it gets really hot and then I get the blue screen of death occasionally. Other than that it's been pretty reliable. Buying at Costco you get an additional year of warranty.

halloween_2.gifpepsihalloween.jpghalloween_2.gif

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

HappyHalloweenCandycornFlips.gif

:GM_FCA:

30 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

94 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy Halloween, FCA!

Linda_Cat1.gif

Graphic by Linda/ABM from Carolina Halloween blog.

Love your Halloween Pepsi commercial, bottle! :clay:

Thank you to all who have visited the Carolina blog where there are many more Halloween/Clay graphics.

If your flash is up to date, enjoy a little Jacquie Lawson Midnight Madness here. For me, this worked great on Chrome; but I had to update for Mozilla. Enjoy!

Have an awesome Halloween, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen: