#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Ausdon, I hope you stay safe. Do you know hn_spice (Spicey)? I just read that Caboolture is isolated due to flooding. Do you know if they're evacuating the town? It's so scary.

I saw this video linked on Twitter to the flash flooding that happened in Toowoomba....

it's devastating and heartbreaking to see this happen to you all down there. :hug:

Ausdon, I hope you stay safe. Do you know hn_spice (Spicey)? I just read that Caboolture is isolated due to flooding. Do you know if they're evacuating the town? It's so scary.

I saw this video linked on Twitter to the flash flooding that happened in Toowoomba....

it's devastating and heartbreaking to see this happen to you all down there. :hug:

Thanks. No I don't know spicey. I hope she is safe. I believe there are 18 towns evacuated so far.

ausdon, I'm so sorry to hear about all the problems your area is having. We complain about a little snow when others are having life threatening catastrophies. I hope things will settle down soon for you and your countrymen.

Don't know why I got up so early today. I've been cleaning out my office so that we can get the room painted and recarpeted, readying for Mr Fear's surgery at the end of the month. I have to get a lesson plan ready for teaching taxes to my volunteers in two weeks and I have coins from my mother's coin collection I would love to sell. In a nutshell that's why I don't sleep well. :cryingwlaughter: But on the other hand I am warm, I have a dry house, food, health and Mr. Fear.

Wishing you the best ausdon and to anyone else suffering. I hope you all have a great day! :hello:

Dittoing ldyj's EEEEEEEE for aikim!!! :lol:

... I'm having my huge LOTR marathon today! It was almost derailed by a scratchy eye that last night I wasn't sure if it would go away or if I'd wake up with something like pink eye or I discovered I had another sinus infection and have to go to the doctor but I'm all good this morning! So I get my LOTR day! YAY!

ETA: Just read my friend Spicey is home and doing fine. I guess where she lives she doesn't have to worry about the rising flood waters. She's very lucky in those regards.

Still no news..I swear this waiting is worse than having the baby yourself!

Kim

Finally!!! Austin Michael...8 pounds, 7 Ounces...22 inches long...poor Emily had to have a C-Section because he was so big and no amount of pushing was going to get him out. She is in recovery now..so we will be heading to the hospital in a couple of hours when she is in her room. Have to go make phone calls!

Kim

Just talked to Emily..yes we are still home...beginning to think I will never hold this baby. Anyway, she sounded pretty tired and sounds like she had a pretty rough time...was pushing for an hour and a half when they finally realized the baby was in the transverse position, i.e. sideways...I don't know why they didn't know that beforehand, I would think an internal exam would have told them that the head was not down. When she was at the doctor last week the doctor could tell the baby had moved and was no longer head down but did not do an internal exam...just sent her home. I am a little peeved right now..they had been telling her all along that the baby would be between 8 and 9 pounds and Emily being all of 5' 2" and normal weight of 100 pounds, I was pretty sure she would not be able to push him out. Seems like it would have made more sense to have a planned c-section than to make her go through all that.

So she has just gotten to her room, has not seen the baby yet..they have him under a warmer so we are waiting until she calls back and they are all settled before we head out...yes I am getting a little antsy.

Kim

:confetti2:Congratulations, Kim :confetti2:

I hope you get to hold your new grandbaby very soon.

ausdon, reports from Australia are truly heartbreaking to read and see. Sending warm, dry thoughts your way.

Clay, in case you haven't noticed yet, January is a third gone already. Any time you're ready for that TnT promo....

Just talked to Emily..she sounded good..had the baby with her..I could hear him making noises. This is the first they have the baby to themselves so they are asking the family not to come until tomorrow morning..so I wait one more day. But I can understand they want some time to themselves. So she told me the baby actually was head down and moved during labor, the little stinker. He was born at 12:35. She said she tried nursing but he was totally not interested.

But I will have lots of baby time when she comes home as she will need help. Oh, she said the nurses said she is doing very well for just having surgery so that is good.

Kim

:GM_FCA:

26 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB! :yahoo:

29 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features Clay's signature "Unchained Melody" version throughout with videos, graphics, and fan posts. There is also a T&T tour video promo with the dates/venues linked.

The four fan posts include personal/NJU reactions and experiences. All are good, but jtgranny's description of the older couple planning to celebrate Valentine's evening at Clay's Houston concert is a classic. "Unchained Melody" is "their song," and they love the new version!

Voting and working through my movie cache on this snow/ice day. The sun is out; so, hopefully, it will be our last for a while.

I don't know if any news gets to the US of this but:

I remember posting a while back that it seemed my country was on fire, now it is flooded, and there are still bushfires in the west.

The floods are in the east, in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. I am in Qld but in a non-flooded area,about a 45 min drive from the latest area to be evacuated. My land where I am hoping to build is one street away from a river but I haven't heard anything about it so I suppose that's a good thing.

There are 8 confirmed deaths and 72 people unnaccounted for. Toll is expected to rise. There was a 2.5 metre "wall of water" rush through a nearby town, completely unexpected and killed a mother and two kids whose car was swept away.

I have been watching the news and want to cry. Hope you all don't mind me sharing my (wet & still pouring) world.

ausdon, I have seen video of the floods and am sending lots of prayers/good thoughts to Australia. The extent of the flooding is unbelievable. :hug:

Finally!!! Austin Michael...8 pounds, 7 Ounces...22 inches long ...

:confetti2: Congratulations, Grandma Aikim! Hope grandson, mother, and the whole family are doing well! Pix are welcome! :confetti2:

Clay, in case you haven't noticed yet, January is a third gone already. Any time you're ready for that TnT promo....

I'm working on it. Hopefully, Team Clay is, too! :whistling-1:

**waves** Scarlett, great to see you dropping by from time to time. :flirtysmile3:

Have a great week, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

I don't know if any news gets to the US of this but:

I remember posting a while back that it seemed my country was on fire, now it is flooded, and there are still bushfires in the west.

The floods are in the east, in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. I am in Qld but in a non-flooded area,about a 45 min drive from the latest area to be evacuated. My land where I am hoping to build is one street away from a river but I haven't heard anything about it so I suppose thats a good thing.

There are 8 confirmed deaths and 72 people unnaccounted for. Toll is expected to rise. There was a 2.5 metre "wall of water" rush through a nearby town,completely unexpected and killed a mother and two kids whose car was swept away.

I have been watching the news and want to cry.Hope you all don't mind me sharing my (wet & still pouring) world.

Ausdon, thanks for checking in! The floods in Australia are in the top 5 news items from every outlet on my home page, so we are definitely hearing about it. It's very scary to read about--how much more so to be there! Please do continue to keep us posted. 45 minutes away doesn't seem far enough in a situation like this.

Here's a sample of the latest: AP report. One thing included is a very bittersweet story about the young boy, Jordan, who gave up his life for his little brother.