#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

great pics aikim! Love the name as well!

foodchannel.com

Clay Aiken Talks Food. Plus: Chance to Win Tour Tickets

Clay Aiken Talks Food. Plus: Chance to Win Tour Tickets

Tour Kicks Off February 10

no-photo_jpg_20x20_crop_q85.jpg Posted by Editor Jan. 12, 2011

Compressed_for_web_jpg_300x300_crop_q85.jpg

Peeking in on the food lifestyles of the famous can be fun, so when we had an opportunity to find out what crooner Clay Aiken likes to eat, we took advantage of it--and scored a couple of tickets for a lucky Food Channel reader in the process. The contest prize is one pair of tickets to a show on the Clay Aiken Concert Tour 2011. Winner may choose which concert to attend but must provide own transportation. Scroll down for complete rules, and for more details, join us on Facebook.

Known for his stint on American Idol, Aiken will be on tour in February and March 2011. Here's what he had to say on our favorite subject, food. Our advice? Go and take the man a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich.

Would you consider yourself a foodie?

I'm not necessarily a foodie in the sense that I have an adventurous palette, but I can go to town on comfort foods and the foods I grew up eating. I do often find myself enjoying different things, but I can't discern whether or not something is going to taste good based on the ingredients. So, I rely on the expertise of others to guide me.

Do you cook? And if so, what do you consider your specialty?

I'm not a chef by any standards, but I can follow a recipe. If it's something Paula Deen has made, I'm usually more inclined to try it. I have made her macaroni and cheese several times, but I always "forget" to tell people that it's not my recipe.

Are there hints for eating on the road/while on tour?

There are plenty of hints/tips, but I'm not the greatest at following them. You shouldn't really eat too late at night, I am told. But, after a show it's hard to remind yourself of that rule. When you live on a bus and in hotels for an extended period of time, you have to remind yourself to eat more healthy.

What are your food requirements backstage?

I'm not that big of an eater all of the time. Especially when I am working, I can go for hours and even all day and forget to eat. So having things that are really easy makes me more likely to eat on a regular schedule. When all else fails, there's nothing like a PBJ sandwich . . . Although, I am FAR more partial to Peanut Butter and Apple Butter sandwiches. Maybe it's the South in me.

If you'd like to qualify for the free tickets, check it out on Facebook. Here's the tour schedule so you can see if he'll be in your area:

Miami, FL - February 10

Orlando, FL - February 11

Sarasota, FL - February 12

Houston, TX - February 14

Atlanta, GA - February 16

Knoxville, TN - February 17

Pittsburgh, PA - February 18

Cleveland, OH - February 19

Waterbury, CT- February 20

Baltimore, MD - February 22

Charlotte, NC - February 23

Greenville, SC - February 24

Westbury, NY - February 26

Glenside, PA - February 27

Cincinnati, OH - March 1

Fort Wayne, IN - March 2

Waukegan, IL - March 4

Minneapolis, MN - March 5

Memphis, TN - March 7

Grand Prairie, TX - March 8

Mesa, AZ - March 10

San Francisco, CA - March 12

Visit Clay's Official Site for more information about the tour.

Food Channel/Clay Aiken Tour Tickets contest rules

1. Tell in a few words why you're a Clay Aiken fan and why you'd like to attend a show on his upcoming concert tour.
  2. Submit your answer on The Food Channel Facebook page or by postal mail to Food Channel Clay Aiken Contest, 2215 W. Chesterfield Blvd., Springfield, MO 65807 by January 31, 2011.
  3. Winners must be 18 or older.
  4. PRIZE: One pair of tickets to any one concert on Clay Aiken's 2011 tour. Winner may choose which concert to attend. Prize is tickets only. Winner must provide own transportation to and from the event.
  5. Decision of the judges is final. Winners will be chosen on the basis of originality, fan passion, brevity and clarity of submission.

OK....Clay blogged. I'm trying to make sense of it, but I'm guessing it may have to do with the "drama" that was mentioned earlier. Can someone give me a Reader's Digest version please? Today was a busy day at work (with another one tomorrow), and I just don't have a lot of time to try to figure this all out.

OK....Clay blogged. I'm trying to make sense of it, but I'm guessing it may have to do with the "drama" that was mentioned earlier. Can someone give me a Reader's Digest version please? Today was a busy day at work (with another one tomorrow), and I just don't have a lot of time to try to figure this all out.

You really need to read at CV to get it...poster there named WackyJackie made a post about the tour, promotion, etc. and initimated the tour could be cancelled or this could be his last tour. Also...Quiana apparently has been tweeting about the tour and ticket sales and the need for fans to promote the show. Did not go over well and there was a big discussion about this when this Wackyjackie person posted; some fans questioned whether the poster was Clay or Quiana because they knew too much and Clay's blog was in response to that. Clear as mud?

Kim

It's been quite an interesting evening :huh:

I am sad to read that the tour is in trouble... I haven't gotten to see him since Spamalot and I would be really depressed not being able to see him this year. And to top it off, hearing that it might be a long while till he tours again? Not doing me much better. *sniffle* :(

I have no words. None that I want to post anyways. I just hope the tour goes ahead. I know I've done all that I can to promote Clay, sell tickets to Clay's concerts, gift Clay's albums, and generally talk him up to everyone I have ever met. I never stopped. There are lots of posts around the boards from people who either haven't bought TnT, or haven't listened to TnT, or listened to it and didn't like it and post incessantly about how much they don't like it, and who have no intention of supporting this tour because it is associated with TnT. Maybe some of them can take a second look at themselves and stop pointing fingers elsewhere.

God, can you imagine if everyone (including me) has to suck up the cost of non-refundable flights and (possibly) PBS tickets? Where's the crying emoticon when you need it?

I don't think I can tolerate to even read the boards anymore. I finally think I'm done.

I love Clay. I always will. His "fanagers?' not. so. much.

I haven't planned on a tour date yet because at the time tickets went on sale we didn't know what the budget was going to be like at work. We went through one round of lay-offs last year at budget time so I didn't feel like I could commit. Now our Mayor is facing a recall and if he is thrown out of office the new mayor can re-do the present budget and we will have to go through all the uncertainty again. It feels weird not planning on going to a show but things are just too unstable. There are other things I need to do in my life.

I hope for everyone here's sake that you get to see your shows. I really really do. :hug:

:GM_FCA:

25 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

28 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

jamar at least come visit here. I think most of us are pretty rational. :afteryou:

I'm just a fan, not a manager, promoter or PR person. I have no opinions any more, just want to listen to a great voice and have a good time. I always thought some fans should use their vitriol to help Clay but I guess it's not in their genes. I'll always be here to support Clay by going to concerts and buying cds. :friends:

But as has been said many times; "It's never boring in Clayland". :popcorn:

I’m more than willing to buy concert tickets and CDs for myself. I just don’t think it’s my job to sell them to other people. It makes me frustrated when Clay seems, in my opinion, to be asking fans to do that. It especially bothers me when it’s hard to see what Clay is doing HIMSELF to sell tickets. He should be the Salesman in Chief and that’s the bottom line for me. Obviously, YMMV and all that usual jazz.

Jamar, I've been done. The drama used to be interesting in an a train wreck kind of way but it's been a long time since I've even cared about anything having to do with anything other than Clay's voice. A little birdie gave me the ten cent one paragraph version of what's going on and don't care about knowing anything else. Somebody will let me know if my show is canceled before I spend one red nickle (uh what does that mean) or 10 minutes researching a place for a party. My time is that valuable these days. My hope of course is for these shows to take place and that no fan who obviously has done their part is left holding an empty bag (wallet) because I understand that every penny means something these days.

I'm more than willing to buy concert tickets and CDs for myself. I just don't think it's my job to sell them to other people. It makes me frustrated when Clay seems, in my opinion, to be asking fans to do that. It especially bothers me when it's hard to see what Clay is doing HIMSELF to sell tickets. He should be the Salesman in Chief and that's the bottom line for me. Obviously, YMMV and all that usual jazz.

Ditto.

And Lucky... Absolutely on everything you said as well.

Aikim baby is SOOOO cute.

I don't bother to promote because my peers just aren't into his kind of music. I've tried and it's never worked. I've been questioned and laughed at (though I think lovingly?) and so I don't bother. It's either them or I'm preaching to the choir through my social networks.

Add to the fact that I'm unemployed and apparently un-hirable, that gives me very little finances to work with when it comes to ticket-buying, traveling, supporting, etc. I'm burned out when it comes to that.

I love and enjoy Clay and will support him when I can, but this to me can't be done on my end. I feel absolutely horrible for him having to go to these lengths and I wish he would get out there and just promote himself. He does that so well in concert, and that takes up a lot more time, money and effort than writing a few words on Twitter.

Boy does Clay know how to open a can of worms...he has got to know he is never going to please us all..this whole thing has given me a major headache.

On the brighter side...talked to Emily and they will be going home tomorrow. I took Monday and Tuesday off so I will be spending the day with them.

Kim