#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until Clay is singing The National Anthem!

:yahoo:

10 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

13 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Some stuff from overnight at the CH:

Notacanuck:

Rodney Ho at the AJC
Just lined up an interview with Clay Aiken (phoner this time) to promote his Cobb Energy Centre concert Feb. 16.

Quiet1ne:

From CV:

Trenyce posted this video on her Facebook page tonight of a 2003 interview in Toronto during the AI tour.

Trenyce's comment

WOW!!!....we....were....YOUNG!!!!... Ruben Studdard Julia DeMato Charlie Grigsby Clay Aiken...and completely CANDID!!! This cracked me up!!! LOL

Clay commented

Clay Aiken Nevermind that it mind have been the worst' date=' sloppiest, most disorganized and rambling interview in history... How skinny was I?!?

I feel like the current me might have eaten the 2003 me.

about a minute ago[/quote']

ETA: Trenyce responded back:
@Clay I AGREE!!! This interview should have never made the air!!! BUT it was good tv....lol...Charlie's comments were...CLASSIC to say the least...and I smiled at the Heavenly bed comment, cause I actually got one! What a GREAT season!!! I... REAAAAAALLY love you guys )))

Thanks everyone for the comments...It's so good to look back and see how TRULY far you've come...lol...WOW!See More

about a minute ago

I don't remember seeing that clip before...what fun. And they truly were young. I also thought to myself that Ruben was particularly animated during this one. He really did feed off the energy of the other performers there, IMO.

AND...

Notacanuck:

From Twitter
‎lloveland‎ Talking to Clay Aiken about singing the National Anthem @ the All Star Game and his tour. He's with Bill & Lynda on Mix 101.5 after 7!

WRAL FM

You can listen live, and it should be starting shortly! Hope I get to hear it, as I need to leave for work very soon!

Good morning! :fest30: This is the first day of my month off from working. I need almost a month to clear out ome of the junk I boxed up in my office. Which, by the way, looks fantastic in it's new coat of paint. Mr Fear's surgery is Monday and he is getting very weak due to having to stop his anti-inflammation medication. Finger's crossed this one will work.

I entered the two meet and greets as I have never had one but I think if the odds of my winning were 1 out of 2, I would still lose. :oh:

Cute little interview with Clay on WRAL. He sounded like he just got up. :banned:

Recap of the interview..short but sweet:

Bill and Linda: You saw him on American Idol..remember introducing him at the State Fair Grounds when he was a freckled face kid.

Clay: That was a long time ago; I feel old, the freckles are now covered by wrinkles.

Talking about Hockey Game:

Clay: It is like having the Olympics in Raleigh

Talking about American Idol Tour and how special that was for him to come back to Raleigh.

Clay: Have a picture on my wall someone took if the moment; sure I was crying, it was pretty big moment.

Bill and Linda: Is there pressure singing the anthem; do you worry about messing up the words?

Clay: When you are me and you are singing for a hockey game you have to have a bit of preparation to be booed. Hockey fans are usually drunk before the game and they are not coming to see Clay Aiken..I am holding them up.

Brief mention of tours and then thank you’s; very short interview.

I only have one venue, so I kinda feel like my chances are...well...not gonna say. So, I hope my entry isn't flying around in the internet cloud somewhere....

Good luck all!

I only have one too and there were about 65 entries for my city when I checked before bed last night. Memphis only had about 25. Lucky people there....

Clay was on waaaaaayyy too early for me to have caught that, so thanks for the recap, aikim. :) Hopefully we'll get the actual clip soon.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog celebrates the 8th anniversary of "Take" with montages (hosaa, Aspiegirl), graphics (AmazingCA, Fountaintdawg, cindilu2, A Beautiful Mind, CLAYPERFECT), as well as posts by several fans RE the first time they heard Clay's voice on AI2.

I hope all who saw Clay's "Take" audition on 1/28/03 will include your memories in the blog comments. I didn't see the telecast, but this entry shares the reflections of 10 fans who did.

Good morning! :fest30: This is the first day of my month off from working. I need almost a month to clear out some of the junk I boxed up in my office. Which, by the way, looks fantastic in it's new coat of paint. Mr Fear's surgery is Monday and he is getting very weak due to having to stop his anti-inflammation medication. Finger's crossed this one will work.

All the best to Mr. Fear. Enjoy your month off! :)

All the best to those hoping for a M&G! Have an awesome weekend, FCA! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

KAndre skips in merrily...

My surgery's been canceled for next week! Yay!

Of course it's canceled because I'm anemic as hell (9.2! Woo! I also started running a fever and coughing up a lung; but I don't care! No snipping in my nose!)

Lots and lots of iron supplements in my future - and the new surgery date will have to be after my concert!

So I take it they haven't sent out the winning emails yet? mellow.gif Not that I'm anxious or anything.....

The clack of the WRAL interview is up. So nice to hear his voice again!

I read on another board that some people have received their Miami PBS tickets, and the M&G will be post-show. That's different. I wonder if all the PBS M&G's will work that way? That would actually work out well, if the OFC ones are pre-show.

Is it Sunday yet? We are supposed to be going out for my son's birthday dinner. I am hoping I can delay it enough so that we can watch Clay sing the anthem first. tongue.gif

1 Day until Clay is singing The National Anthem!

9 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

12 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Kim

Thanks for the good thoughts ldyj.

couchie, I hope you rmom is out and about soon. Hopefully you can catch up on some sleep this weekend. A girl's night out might do wonders for your state of mind. :thbighug-1:

I'm patiently waiting for my Charlotte tickets from PBS. They send me enough requests for contributions, you'd think they could slip a ticket in with it. Hey PBS, save a little postage. We watch the Newshour every night on PBS for some unbiased news. On Friday nights, the have Mark Shields and David Brooks rationally discussing the events in DC. I'm becoming such a fan of both. :wordpooper:

I read on another board that some people have received their Miami PBS tickets, and the M&G will be post-show. That's different. I wonder if all the PBS M&G's will work that way? That would actually work out well, if the OFC ones are pre-show.

Weren't one of the Christmas tour M&G's post show?

Couchie - sorry to hear about your mom. Long days for you, for sure. :hug:

From twitter....

Tonight, our guests r TIM CONWAY, CLAY AIKEN, 6-7pm, commercial free, on line only - WABCRADIO.COM. on the air from 7-9pm on 77 WABC Radio.

This is eastern time so 5-6 for those in the central time zone.

Kim

Well, if y'all really want to be accompanied by someone leaking out of every orifice in her head and running a 102 fever...and if you have a little red wagon to drag my butt along in because I've only managed to make it from my bed to the living room computer, my indoor thermometer says 94 degrees and I still feel cold, and I sound like I have a 12-pack a day habit...

Did anybody listen to the WABC show tonight? I totally forgot, as that's the dinner hour for me.

Off to look for a recap....

{{{{{{{{couchie and mom}}}}}}}

And a hug from 5 miles away for KAndre, 'cause I don't wanna get what she's got!

I listened to the interview. Started off playing "Suspicious Minds"...than the host came on to intro Clay...first said what a wonderful song it was..great production, great arrangement and what a great singer Clay was..I think we were all sitting with our mouths open at our computers to hear a radio DJ actually compliment Clay. Introduced Clay as a great singer, great actor, best selling author..even Clay I think was impressed. When he came on DJ asked if he was having a good day and he said he was now after that intro.

Asked about AI..Clay said he has only watched a few youtubes..told the high school analogy again about why he doesn't watch the show. Talked about the songs on AI in Season 2 and how they were from the 60's, etc.(tying in Clay's CD) and Clay said most of the songs were picked by the producers because they like that music and encouraged the contestants to sing certain songs...they chose Vincent for him. Talked about Moon River and how Nigel wanted him to sing it on the show but he didn't so put it on the CD for Nigel. Talked about Simon.. not as mean as he seems and the criticism is good training for when you are out doing real auditions, etc...helps to give you a thick skin.

Talked about the tour and really pushed the Westbury tour date. Talked about the fans...Clay said we are enthusiastic, but not a cult and anyone is free to come to the concerts. Oh talking about singers and songs today...Clay talked about how the older songs have better melodies...used to be about the singer and the songwriter, now it is about the songwriter and the producer. Said he thinks singers today go into a studio and talk and then they autotune it to sound good (paraphrasing).

Asked Clay what advice he would give to parents whose kids wanted to go into show business and he talked about his Mom and how she never pressured him but was always supportive and that was a good tactic. Said he has a son now and doesn't know if he will go into the business but if he has a passion for it he will support him.

Ended with "Can't take my eyes off of you"

Interview is in the vault at CV.

Kim

8 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

11 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Kim

this guy is from Durham

Tony_Luke87 Clay Aiken has a beard now o_O

5 minutes ago via txt

Two hours until Clay sings the SSB!

Kim