#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

From Dancermom at CV:

It was an amazing night. The talent on that stage was amazing to see. Before Clay was introduced they were telling the story of Mossey, a LGBT teenager who recently committed suicide who was part of a LGBT program for teenagers. They told her story and talked about how something needs to be done to stem the rash of teen suicides. I was in tears. And then they introduced Clay saying this song is dedicated to all the LGBT Youth. His applause was polite when he was introduced. Then he sang.

Quiet at first...and then the song Home built. He nailed that song. It was amazing and beautiful. I could hear that he had a cold but I think only a Clay fan who is so used to hearing him sing could have heard that tell tale. It didn't affect his singing in the least. He was wearing a blue tie and a gray sweater and pants. I can't remember what kind of pants...it was that Clay trance thing. I am pretty sure he was wearing pants. He had his hair spiked. Light brown? He looked so wonderful.

The applause when he was done was deafening. He gave a quick bow...you know how he is and exited. The applause kept going at this huge crescendo. And someone in the wings must have pushed him back out because he peaked back out of the wings and came about 5 feet back out on stage and bowed again. DH said...why didn't he just stay out on stage and accept the applause? I told him...that's his thing...he always does that. What was also amazing was that after he was done the Director of the show came out to give his speech and said ....Thank you Clay...that was amazing or something along those lines. He gave Clay his props.

I am so glad I went.

Clay was the icing on the cake of a fun night where I laughed and I cried and hooted and applauded. For Clay and a gifted cast.

From Deemer at CV

Hair report: It actually looked alot like the SSB pic above. Spikey like that.

Stubble report: yes stubble like the banner

Shoe report: long leather I think dark brown, With those fronts that are like the non-pointy cowboy boots. OK, I don't know shoes from what but I know we have a pic of ones like them

Sock report: no sighting!!

Where's that Clack?? :boredsmiley:

Wow! I'd hoped for clack but never dreamed we'd get something that close up and crystal clear! I could tell by the cellcert last night that he nailed it, and I sure wasn't wrong. Great performance and an honoured spot in the show. Broadway loves them some Clay Aiken. I'd love to see him back there again soon. Now, bring on the tour!!!!!

Some professional pics from last night:

Clay-Aiken-attends-the-after-party1.jpg

flirtysmile3.gifflirtysmile3.gifflirtysmile3.gif I love the crossed arms pose, as if to say -- "I nailed it. What of it?" Besides -- you know me with that killer smile....

Scarlett's youtube of Clay's performance of Home:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Pmo7f-9QCxo

And GAH. The end. Yummy, yummy, yummy, and vocal perfection. Sigh.

Broadway World has a good article about the show last night. They raised just over $281,000 for Broadway Cares! WOOHOO!!!

The Clay part:

· American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken, who appeared on Broadway in Spamalot, brought the house to tears with his heart-felt yearning for "Home" from The Wiz.

Several pictures of Clay (probably from either Getty or WireImage, don't have time to study them properly).

Hello..did you miss me?

Had some computer issues at home, but think they are fixed now..was finally able to listen to Clay..he is sublime...I truly do think he has found a home on Broadway and I hope there is a return engagement in his future. So looking forward to seeing him on tour.

Kim

It's was funny to me last night reading the posts at CV because apparently the cellcert wasn't that clear so people were wondering if all these other singers were Clay but then as soon as they heard Clay there was no question about who it was. There really is no other voice out there like his.

I love him singing Home. It is just so perfect for him. Actually I think he could kill on most Broadway songs, especially after hearing him at BBH. And it was so cool that they said he was the only one last night that had to go out for another bow because of all the applause, and this wasn't from Clay fans. Most of the people there last night were not there for him but they recognized his amazing talent.

:GM_FCA:

1 Day until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Safe travels to any and all heading to Florida! (I know cindilu2 is on her way)

Did we ever hear if anyone won those M&G's that were to be announced on Feb 5th? (I think the site was called Spike or something like that? I know I entered for Greenville.)

LOL! The peeps running Clay’s Twitter must be bored.

A discussion here at Clay HQ got us thinking…if you could have any superpower, what would it be?

I have no interest in being Invisible (and watching you in your room), so I’d say the power of flight.