#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

EEEEEEEEEEE I just saw this posted by Nanjeanne at CC and got a wee bit excited:

I'm not sure if this was known or not - but it does appear that Felix is on tour with Clay (EEEE!). Saw this on Twitter:
revjuju Najuma

@

@jamalhbryant my huband is at the XXXXXX on Biscayne, he's touring w/ Clay Aiken. I will tell him about the service!!

She is Damali Najuma Smith-Pollard - a pastor in California. Married to Felix.

Sean is the drummer in the orchestra for a show that's opening soon on Broadway (The Book of Mormon), so it's understandable that he's not available to tour with Clay. I'm assuming Ben will be along on tour, although I also think Jesse Vargas is also a highly talented pianist. Jesse was always so serious though, and rarely seemed like he was amused at Clay's antics during the SRHP tour.

Seriously people, the tour starts TOMORROW! How did that date sneak up on me? I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to aikim's calender.

:manynanas:

Seriously people, the tour starts TOMORROW! How did that date sneak up on me? I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to aikim's calender.

I KNOW!!!! All of a sudden -- the tour's here! I guess in my case it's because my show isn't for another few weeks, so the fever hasn't quite hit, plus work's been a bear. However, I'm thrilled that I'll be able to listen to a scratchy "is that really Clay singing?" beautifully clear cellcert tomorrow evening!

Yea, mine isn't for a few weeks either but this is the first time I've had to request time off in order to attend my show. I'm actually...you know....working :) So I best NOT forget. bwah

So I am getting the bananas in my pants dance :nana: ready to go.

Or maybe that's Clay's excitement for the tour starting? I often get those two things confused. heh :whistling-1:

I KNOW!!!! All of a sudden -- the tour's here! I guess in my case it's because my show isn't for another few weeks, so the fever hasn't quite hit, plus work's been a bear. However, I'm thrilled that I'll be able to listen to a scratchy "is that really Clay singing?" beautifully clear cellcert tomorrow evening!

Three weeks from Friday..yes I am counting...need to put in for a day off at work..can't wait!

Kim

Here's a little OT tidbit.... I've been trying to get through the TV shows I have backed up on Hulu and I decided I'd watch through an episode of Lie To Me. Well, in the beginning credits I saw Merle Dandrige's name! She ended up playing a pushy DA with an agenda. She was only in maybe 2 or 3 short scenes but it's nice to see one of Clay's old cast mates show up on the small screen.

I know Chris Sieber was just on The Good Wife last night too but that's not a show I watch. :blush:

Here's a little OT tidbit.... I've been trying to get through the TV shows I have backed up on Hulu and I decided I'd watch through an episode of Lie To Me. Well, in the beginning credits I saw Merle Dandrige's name! She ended up playing a pushy DA with an agenda. She was only in maybe 2 or 3 short scenes but it's nice to see one of Clay's old cast mates show up on the small screen.

I know Chris Sieber was just on The Good Wife last night too but that's not a show I watch. :blush:

Oooh I watch The Good Wife faithfully but don't know what part he played. I'll have to look at the credits.

Tree! Hey! Glad to know someone had the good sense to hire you. Hope you are well!

My show is the last one I think. Looking forward to the reports tomorrow.

:GM_FCA:

It's Tour Time!

Watched the Miami interview...Clay looked adorably scruffy...didn't think much of the interviewers though...wish they had shown more of him.

Word of the day...Cold, Cold, Cold...but looking ahead it is supposed to be in the 40's next week..yay! heat wave!

Looking forward to tonight!

Kim

It was kind of a non-interview really...they previewed it and showed a couple more seconds...how much ended up on the cutting room floor? Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, love that crooked smile of his. :)

It's in the vault if you are interested in seeing it.

The Clack House calendar says 8:00 for tonight’s show, but the venue’s website says 7:30, so that’s what time I’m going to be tuning into the cellstream. Hope some of you peeps will be around to join me here in the thread!

Fingers crossed that I can listen to the cellcert tonight. We played a game last night to try and keep Mr Fear entertained. He is getting pretty bored.

Yesterday I was leaving the Fresh Market when I saw a woman in a wheelchair tht I thought I recognized. I gave her a smile and then realized it was Maya Angelou. She was being pushed by a young man and had a well dressed woman following and looking all around like a bodyguard but I think she was probably her personal assistant. Ms Angelou teaches a little at Wake Forest University and she lives in our town. I've gone to hear her speak many times. Very powerful words. She is in her eighties now, I believe, and had an oxygen tank with her. But when she speaks, WOW!

Break a leg Clay. When Clay sings WOW!

I'll be around for the cellcert this evening...

Don't have time for this, but need to post:

New magazine article

AND

One more!

ETA: If someone can capture the first article listed as a jpg and send it to me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I can then add it to the News Archive file.