#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

*staples annabear to the board*

Good to see you girl -- and glad you got to see a show!

:thankyou: As if I need to say it - ENJOY your show tomorrow!

Great recap, luckiest! :highfive: I've done several impromptu trips like that and they usually turned out to be some of the best adventures. :)

:hello: to all my other FCA peeps! :wetkissf:

Loving all the pictures and recaps and general excitement ! Other than my 4 shows, I am woefully behind. I am trying to keep up with the clack so that eventually, I can just wallow in it. cryingwlaughter.gif I am hoping to be able to listen to tonight's cellstream from Waukegan....since I won't be there, but I wish I was. whistling-1.gif

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is the day..6 and 1/2 hours until I am on the road to see Clay! Still have to pack; we are spending the night in Waukegan. Going to be 52 today but a chance of rain later...hope it holds off so we have a chance at the bus. I am going with Jazzgirl and ldyjocelyn; can't wait ladies!

New interview from the Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/events/ct-ott-0304-clay-aiken-20110304,0,3170983.story

Kim

Edited by ldyjocelyn
Edited to fix link. ldyj

From the article linked by aikim:

I think the older members of the audience are more vocal and more active. I go out and look at the crowd every night, there are young girls. We have a very young guitar player on tour and he's in hog heaven, because he's got a lot of young girls in the audience and a gay boss who doesn't care. He can take his pick.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'll add that article, plus a few others I ran across last night, either later this morning, or on Sunday. We'll see if I'm out of the fog by then. According to jmh, it takes a LONG while....

My car gets some regular maintenance/service this morning, and then I'll be off to pick up aikim and jazzgirl! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

BTW, new thread title poll at the top of this page!

I wish I were off to Waukegan too. After the show when I was talking to Scarlett (who was being an enabler!!) told me she had an extra ticket if I wanted it. My problem was I had no way to get home after! :( Then Ficus also told me I needed a redo. Sadly it's just not in the cards. My appointment today to be DONE with this whole wisdom teeth thing is for 1130 in the morning. Too late to be leaving for the concert, even if we do gain an hour.

It was just not meant to be. :(

I forgot to say, cindilu2 and luckiest1, it was nice to finally meet you!! I'm sorry we didn't get to chat longer though, I felt like I was being pulled in 12 different directions by everyone. Did I say that we stayed so long in the venue we were getting kicked out?? :cryingwlaughter:

Have fun, aikim, ldyj and jazzgirl. I don't want to see you in the next version of Clay fans go wild. :naughtywag:

cindilu, I enjoyed your pictures but was doing the indexing last night at CV and called your photos great in the indexing thread.

New adventure today taking Mr Fear on a city bus for people with disabilities. Couldn't get him in my car so the wheel chair lift on the bus was great. The only problem is taking an hour each way to the doctor, when it takes me 10 minutes each way by car. It costs us all of $1.00 for both ways.

Have fun, aikim, ldyj and jazzgirl. I don't want to see you in the next version of Clay fans go wild. :naughtywag:

cindilu, I enjoyed your pictures but was doing the indexing last night at CV and called your photos great in the indexing thread.

New adventure today taking Mr Fear on a city bus for people with disabilities. Couldn't get him in my car so the wheel chair lift on the bus was great. The only problem is taking an hour each way to the doctor, when it takes me 10 minutes each way by car. It costs us all of $1.00 for both ways.

:cryingwlaughter: We will try to control ourselves but you know that "Aiken Animal Magnetism", might be difficult.

Hope everything goes well for Mr. Fear!

Kim

Checking in from our hotel in Waukegan! Met up with jazzgirl and aikim at the pre-ordained meeting place at EXACTLY the same time, so we were able to trek to our hotel seamlessly. We are now getting checking in with boards while we also get ready, and try to figure out some dinner before we head to the theater. aikim and I have to go to WillCall to pick up our upgraded seats.

I can't believe this day is HERE! And I cannot wait to see Clay tonight....

Back from the show, but I'm not sure if I'm down from my "high" quite yet. This show is simply amazing!

Thanks to a recent TM upgrade, aikim and I had second row seats. As it happened, Clay sat directly in front of us for several of the songs, starting with Moon River. I'm still thinking about those twinkling eyes looking at me, and me, him. He's also never sounded better vocally, IMO.

The whole SAU with Felix and his wife was beautifully sweet. Definitely an "aw" moment. Afterwards, Quiana came out and was "crying."

Him doing "Teenage Dream" was cool, just because I do like the song (although I prefer the Glee version better!).

Then the WSN bit started. I kept yelling "New Age" to no avail at the beginning. I have to admit, the Disney thing was inspired. Overtly dramatic, with the appropriate vocal flouishes, and the googly eyes between him and Quiana. One of the funiest things I've seen in a long time. And then he informed us that we had come up with some of the more creative suggestions for this in a long time, and that he wanted one more. I could see him looking around...and then he focused on me. :::dies::: I pulled it together and clearly said, "new age." He ran with it, and so did Quiana! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! He looked at me and took my suggestion!

More later...

Via Hope at CH:

The following Scarlett clips from the Waukegan show are now on You Tube:

Who's Sorry Now, Burlesque style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_QIO66jBAg

Who's Sorry Now, Russian Folk style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mf7lMyyv7I

Who's Sorry Now, Disney style:

Who's Sorry Now, New Age style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_P72fdwxj0

IMO, funniest group of WSN's in the tour so far.

luckiest, Teenage Dream was pretty standard as far as the Auto-tune thing, although I think more of the crowd recognized it than some of the other things Ben threw at him recently. When he got the lyrics, he wasn't quite sure what the song was (I guess Ben doesn't put the title at the top), but then he recognized it. The really funny part of it, though, was when he got to the line "in my skin-tight jeans" and he placed his hands on his thighs, just to make the jeans tighter. Yummy yummy yummy.

Did I mention that he sat right in front of me for most of the show? OMG.

If you watch the New Age clip, when he points at someone in the audience...yep, that was me. Dear God, he pointed at me. I can die a happy woman now.

I was a bit disappointed (OK, a LOT disappointed) that he didn't do BSN last night. Wonder why. He definitely took off of the stage in no time flat after In My Life (which was stunningly beautiful).

And then, he left his microphone on the chair and walked off stage. The spotlight on the chair still shone. For me, that was meloncholy, because that meant the end of my show. But IMO, that was a beautiful gesture.

Hi All...Lotus checking in from Singapore where I am just not able to keep up with the boards. I have been able to download videos and it does seem as tho his concerts are getting better and funnier.

I wish I could carry a sign when I finally get to see him in San Francisco that says " I never would have found you or travelled thousands of miles to see you if it hadn't been for the videos on youtube"

Does anyone know where I can find a chart of the reserved floor seating at the Warfield that shows seat and row numbers? I'd like to know where my seats are. Thanks.