#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

I was a bit disappointed (OK, a LOT disappointed) that he didn't do BSN last night. Wonder why. He definitely took off of the stage in no time flat after In My Life (which was stunningly beautiful).

Was Waukegan maybe one of those venues where they have a strict time limit?

I did end up getting one of the set lists that was taped to the stage from my concert, and on there it goes straight from UM to IML, so I wonder if maybe they cut the first "encore" song and they were able to fit in Misty just randomly in that spot that night. I guess we'll find out tonight what's really going on.

I could see him looking around...and then he focused on me. :::dies::: I pulled it together and clearly said, "new age." He ran with it, and so did Quiana! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! He looked at me and took my suggestion!

Isn't that feeling great?? :lol: I'm still waiting for Clack to show up of him picking on me for my Top 40 artist...I said "Flo Rida" and he had fun with that one!! LOL

Hi All...Lotus checking in from Singapore where I am just not able to keep up with the boards. I have been able to download videos and it does seem as tho his concerts are getting better and funnier.

I wish I could carry a sign when I finally get to see him in San Francisco that says " I never would have found you or travelled thousands of miles to see you if it hadn't been for the videos on youtube"

Does anyone know where I can find a chart of the reserved floor seating at the Warfield that shows seat and row numbers? I'd like to know where my seats are. Thanks.

How cool that you are traveling all the way to San Francisco!

Here are some charts: http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/360463/33871 and http://www.thewarfieldtheatre.com/seating.php

So next Saturday is the San Francisco show. Last night my friend and I went to check out a restaurant she found online. And we both loved it. It's a charming French Bistro called appropriately for Clay pre-party PASSION CAFE. We met the owners and they were very nice folk. Oh and the music is all in french and the big screens play french movies ha.

The address:

28 Sixth Street, San Francisco, California

Website http://passioncafesf.wordpress.com/

Time 5PM I'll get there at 4:30ish.

If someone can figure out that stupid menu please share.

Anyway, the cafe is located 500 feet from the Warfield. That neighborhood is *on the edge* but it's ok during daylight and we'll be a group when it's dark. And it's less than a block away. They have happy hour between 4 and 6 even on Saturday so reasonably priced appetizers and $5 cocktails. I had a yummy margarita. For appetizers we tried the sweet potato fries and the calamari frit. Both good. For dinners we tried burger and fries, beef bourguignon, and the open faced vegetable sandwich. Everything was good but the cheese on the grilled sandwich was a bit burned. I suspect that wasn't a regular event..well I hope not. Anyway if it's warm enough they also have a roof patio.

I'll post this also in the proper thread. I told him I'd give him a count by Wednesday. So please let me know. I know there are other pre-parties but I hope to see ya'll. Location Location Location. heeee

A different Perspective

I had made plans to attend the Waukegan Show and like many purchased my ticket through the OFC...Row G and I thought not bad..wish it had been closer, but I never seem to get lucky getting those primo seats so I was happy I was as close as I was. Last week I got a note from Ldyjocelyn whom I was attending with and she asked if I wanted to upgrade to Row B Pit seats...didn't take more than a nano second to say "Yes"!

I knew we were going to be close, but I was unprepared for exactly how close we were until we sat down; literally 5 feet from the stage! I think I must have said "OMG, I can't believe how close we are" 15 times. So while were waiting I chatted with the lady next to me who turned out to be alisfan and met some CH'ers who were in the row ahead of us. I have never been so antsy in my life for a show to start..I was bouncing my seat and of course we started late.

Finally the lights went down; the overture began and soon Clay was going to be right in front of me! The curtains parted and there he was...I think the fog pretty much descended at that moment, because for the rest of the show I just watched him. He sang beautifully as always...but he favored the side of the stage we were on and pretty much was directly in front of us every time he sat down. I just sat there with my mouth open just watching him..his facial expressions, the way he handled the mic, the way he sat..taking in every moment as he crafted each song. And it is a craft..he doesn't just sing a song...it is a concerto with his whole body..I was mesmerized.

My favorite song on the whole CD is "What Kind of Fool Am I" and he sang that right in front of me...I was in hog heaven, swaying and mouthing the words along with him. That will probably be my favorite moment in my whole fandom...I think I pretty much tuned out everyone around us and it was just the two of us and that song.

In between the songs he was funny and chatty; striding back and forth on the stage; connecting with the audience.

I call BS on his assertion that he is not romantic...the man is totally a romantic and proved it last night with his serenade of Something About Us to Felix and his wife...the sweetest thing ever and at the end he went and gave them each a hug.

Unchained Melody...again I spent most of the time watching his hands on the mic stand and how he used his whole body to convey the sentiment of the song...he really is a master at that...he really becomes the song...he just doesn't sing it.

In My Life was like a sweet lullaby to end the show..heartfelt and tender and when he got up, put the mic on the chair, said "goodnight" (off mic) and turned and left...it was perfect. The spotlight stayed on the chair with mic for a bit and we sort of hoped he would come back, but knew he would not.

The set was shortened, possibly because it began late and they had time constrictions...no Both Side Now...he did not do Breaking Up Is Hard To Do or You Don't Have to say you love me...but we got other things:

Something About Us and The Dance

Trying to remember I Survived You

Who's Sorry Now..he said we were the most creative and I think we were. I think it is my voice you here in the video shouting out Burlesque...I was so tickled that he did it...my first choice was actually Gregorian Chant but that had been taken...so in trying to come up with something that hadn't been done...I thought of Burlesque...now if only he had taken his sweater off, LOL!

It was a wonderful evening...small crowd so it was truly intimate...and for me, probably being the last time I see Clay for a while...an absolute high note.

So thank you Clay for giving me a night I will remember for a long time.

Kim

@clayaiken

Clay's Memphis show has been cancelled. Please visit this link for info - http://say.ly/mKVaLB

The link goes to the OFC news section.

It is with regret that we announce the cancellation of Clay Aiken's scheduled tour date in Memphis, TN at Minglewood Hall on Monday, March 7, 2011. All tickets will be fully refunded at point of purchase. Clay Aiken Official Fan Club members who purchased tickets through the Fan Club pre-sale will receive an email detailing their full refund. Ticket holders can also email: tickets@minglewoodhall.com with any questions. We apologize for any inconvenience. The remaining tour dates, listed below, will proceed as planned.

Mar 8- Grand Prairie, TX:

Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie

Mar 10- Phoenix, AZ:

Mesa Arts Center - Downtown Mesa

Mar 12- San Francisco, CA:

Warfield Theatre

I just read that. Doesn't sound good. I knew Memphis wasn't going to see the attendance numbers like some other venues but for some reason this seems to hurt pretty bad. :( Maybe it's because this tour is short enough as it is. One less date and a full city less of Clack makes me depressed.

I feel bad too for everyone who only had this one concert or had a M&G. :(

aikim and ldyj it sounded like a great concert. I listened on the cellcert and Clay's voice was so amazing. :flirtysmile3:

shortyjill, not the first time a concert has been cancelled. I do feel sorry for those who had made plans to attend or had M&Gs. Hopefully they can be rescheduled or get something signed by Clay. I'm sure it wasn't Clay's choice. He's played to some pretty small crowds this tour. Is that an oxymoron? :smack:

Oh yeah I know. I specifically know Lubbock was canceled from the NAT tour because that venue closed (I've heard the story 100 times by a friend of mine, haha!). But this one just seems different...

I just wanted to say that I had a great time last night. Clay's voice was out of this world and he so does feel the music when he sings. His hands are a work of art. So happy to meet Idyjocelyn and Akim last night. It is so nice to put a face to what you read. I wish so much that this was not my only concert. My concert buddy and I so much wanted to make the car go to Minn. this morning, but we had to be responsible(I guess work and family does matter).

Hi all, I've not been in here posting in a while, just reading and enjoying all the EEEEEE's and clack links and purty man pix. I'm one who had a ticket to the Memphis show for Monday night, and I'm just crushed to find out it's been canceled. The ONE time he would perform in a city I'm right next door to -- the sole show I'd be able to attend for this tour. :em0900: :crying1:

While I was screeching my anguish, my hubby and son were trying to comfort me, and it suddenly hit me -- GRAND PRAIRIE might have some seats left? It's *only* a 6 hour drive from here? I could do it and snag a cheapo motel room and drive right back next day -- surely my wonderful boss would understand altho' I'd have to bug out of work *very* unexpectedly to do it??? Hub said he'd want me to take a rental car IF I went, which he discouraged saying we shouldn't spend the $$$. Guess my hope of swinging that is :dead-1:

Waaahhhhh.

Hi All...Lotus checking in from Singapore where I am just not able to keep up with the boards. I have been able to download videos and it does seem as tho his concerts are getting better and funnier.

I wish I could carry a sign when I finally get to see him in San Francisco that says " I never would have found you or travelled thousands of miles to see you if it hadn't been for the videos on youtube"

Does anyone know where I can find a chart of the reserved floor seating at the Warfield that shows seat and row numbers? I'd like to know where my seats are. Thanks.

How cool that you are traveling all the way to San Francisco!

Here are some charts: http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/360463/33871 and http://www.thewarfieldtheatre.com/seating.php

Thank you. I found my seats and I am happy.

I'm actually not travelling all the way from Singapore. I get home to B.C. on the 8th and then fly down to S.F. I will have been travelling in SE Asia for a month.

{{{Cognitogrrl}}} If I were you, I'd do it.

Ya twisted my arm, OK that's enough, I think I will! Thanks for the support and hugs, Luckiest and jmh. I work part time doing transcription for 2 clinics, and have for years, and hub's always said, "My income is the household income, and what you make on your little jobs is yours." Well hey, I betcha I can come in under $500 even if I go solo and don't split a hotel room.

I'll update as to whether I pull it off, so fingers crossed, thanks again.

:hug:

Hello All,

After getting back from Waukegan I had to unpack and re-pack for a trip to my MIL..just home so I have been offline since yesterday afternoon..so sorry to hear Memphis had been cancelled. I know someone who had a M&G for that show and I no she must be devastated.

Can't believe I forgot to mention meeting gbmifan; so very nice to meet you!

Off to catch up and see what else I missed.

Kim

*sticking head back in for first time since forever*

Two shows down, one to go. It was supposed to be "one, maybe two to go"; but after Memphis was cancelled**, SF went from possible to definite.

**Which SUCKS! I was supposed to be on a Greyhound on the way there right now. Double suckage in that I had a M&G there! Never meant to be, I guess! WAAAAAA!!! Some have suggested I contact the OFC to see if they can shift it to SF. I will. Please keep your fingers crossed. Thanks.

The people I really feel bad for are all fellow M&Gers and those for whom Memphis was to be their only concert and can't change plans to attend any of the remaining three. {{{Cognitogrrl}}}, it would have been great to see you again! Yes, go to Grand Prairie!

As for Fort Wayne and Waukegan... they were fantastic. I only decided the night before/the morning of to go to Fort Wayne and I'm SO glad I did. shortyjill and ldyjocelyn, it was great meeting you both; and aikim and jazzgirl, it was great to see you both again! I had watched almost no Clack, so although I've heard most of the cellcerts, I didn't realize how insanely funny the Who's Sorry Now bits are, or just how mesmerizing Clay has been on stage. He deserves so much more exposure than he gets!

{{{Cognitogrrl}}} If I were you, I'd do it.

Ya twisted my arm, OK that's enough, I think I will! Thanks for the support and hugs, Luckiest and jmh. I work part time doing transcription for 2 clinics, and have for years, and hub's always said, "My income is the household income, and what you make on your little jobs is yours." Well hey, I betcha I can come in under $500 even if I go solo and don't split a hotel room.

I'll update as to whether I pull it off, so fingers crossed, thanks again.

:hug:

I definitely think you should go. Life is short!

*sticking head back in for first time since forever*

Two shows down, one to go. It was supposed to be "one, maybe two to go"; but after Memphis was cancelled**, SF went from possible to definite.

**Which SUCKS! I was supposed to be on a Greyhound on the way there right now. Double suckage in that I had a M&G there! Never meant to be, I guess! WAAAAAA!!! Some have suggested I contact the OFC to see if they can shift it to SF. I will. Please keep your fingers crossed. Thanks.

The people I really feel bad for are all fellow M&Gers and those for whom Memphis was to be their only concert and can't change plans to attend any of the remaining three. {{{Cognitogrrl}}}, it would have been great to see you again! Yes, go to Grand Prairie!

As for Fort Wayne and Waukegan... they were fantastic. I only decided the night before/the morning of to go to Fort Wayne and I'm SO glad I did. shortyjill and ldyjocelyn, it was great meeting you both; and aikim and jazzgirl, it was great to see you both again! I had watched almost no Clack, so although I've heard most of the cellcerts, I didn't realize how insanely funny the Who's Sorry Now bits are, or just how mesmerizing Clay has been on stage. He deserves so much more exposure than he gets!

:hello: It was great to meet you too!! Soon as I heard about the Memphis concert I thought of you and I was so sad. :( I hope the OFC can maybe work something out and you're able to attend the SF M&G to make up for it.

Cognitogrrl, I'm echoing the posts above me urging you to go to GP. It will be SO worth it!! :)

Cognitogrrl, I don't suppose you know delu? She posted at the CH that she had a meet-and-greet for Memphis, and apparently those might be transferred to a later concert for those able to attend another... in which case, this might scream road trip to her?? Am I just totally fantasizing here? :twinklewhore:

Looks like Clay and Crew were still in Minnesota yesterday.

Via bouncer15 at CV:

many sightings of Clay at Mall of America: first 3 are facebook

Deonta David Bebber Clay aiken + de on the moa elevator together... Made my lunch break haha

1 hour ago

Delaney Collins Clay Aiken is shopping at MOA today...

2 hours ago

Jessica Nelms Wow i just saw clay aiken at the mall

4 hours ago

twitter:

kristennsweet Is currently on a hunt for Clay Aiken at #MOA. We were given the details from a very excited gay man in forever 21!

5 hours ago

And from Quiana's twitter overnight:

Pandora does not work well on a moving bus! & one more thing goodbye Minnesota! Too much snow for me!

2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

:GM_FCA:

14 Days until The First Day of Spring! :giveflowers:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

HELP!

I was telling my husband last night about the concert Friday, and I was telling him about Adam the guitar player. Since he's a guitarist himself, he loves to hear me talk about other guitar players. I was telling him what brand of electric guitar Adam was playing, but wasn't sure. However, my husband is the type that can ID a guitar just by looking at it. Therefore...can anyone direct me to a picture or two or Adam with his electric guitar?

TIA.

I was gonna ask if he could identify a guitar even if it was blurry, cause I got a couple like that. :cryingwlaughter: But then I remembered I thought I had seen a good one by Farouche, and I was right. :)

(BTW, Adam is reaaaaaallly good looking up close! hehe)

1202630134p6fgsl.jpg