#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Wave to ldyj, who accidently got a text about my foggy commute this morning that was supposed to go to my sister. LOL! I have fumble fingeritis, apparently. Maybe the Reverend Doctor Bishop Deacon Ruben Studdard can help me out with that. I better start saving now…

*waves back to bc* Sure surprised me, as I rarely get text messages unless they are from a) my boss; B) Clay Aiken; c) Decca Records; d) Craig Ferguson; or e) sometimes my husband.

I've heard that the Reverend Doctor Bishop Deacon Studdard's work is pricey, so you're right -- you should save up. Maybe his friend -- you know the one -- could help you cough up the cash?

I've been a Spammy state of mind recently for some reason. Even if Clay's not on Broadway, I neeeeeeed to get back to NYC - hopefully in 2011.

Spam1229_3.jpg

bottle... this is one of the bestest stage door pics I have seen. Geesh, he has a gorgeous profile!

And, thanks for the Spamalot pictures. Brought back memories, that's for sure. That was a very good year!!!

VDay1.jpg

Honoring All Who Served

The Carolina On My Mind blog's Veterans Day entry overviews official commemorations around the world, recalls the history of Armistice and Veterans Days, and closes with Clay's 2004 Capitol 4th performance of "God Bless the USA."

Looks as if I'm in the middle of a "Spamalot" party! WOOHOO! :twinklewhore:

Have a great evening, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

bc, do you know who took the picture that liney quoted? I was there that night *sigh* and got to see that profile live.

If it's not tagged, I have no idea who took it. I just saved them by date.

More Spammyness:

About rehearsals - "It's killing me...."

KillingMe.gif

Laughing

bellylaughSD.gif

And lipbiting

spamalot_stagedoor_lipbite.gif

And squealing

Spamsqueal214.gif

I think one of the most amazing moments of my fandom came when Clay appeared on top of the marquee after his first 'final' performance. A lot of us who had no prayer of getting anywhere near the stage door were just standing back and taking in the sheer emotional overload that was Shubert Alley that night. As it turned out we were in the best possible place to see it all unfold.

Awesome!

That was a great moment in May, cindilu . I was fortunate to sit in the first row that evening for the performance. I think almost every seat was filled with Clay fans. Someone leaned over us to talk to Sean in the orchestra pit about a party after the show and named everyone going, including Angela, Quiana and someone named Reed. :whistling-1: The show was, of course, extra special with the homages to Clay. That evening was close competition for the skating show in Las Vegas. Skating used to be a passion of mine until I broke my elbow on a slushy rink. Now the US Championships are 30 minutes from my home next year and I haven't even bought a ticket. I think that may be a Christmas gift. I hope.

I think I'll finish up the videos of "Suspicious Mind" tonight.

From WKNO. 26 Minute interview! twinklewhore.gif

WKNO Producer Pierre Kimsey talks with singer Clay Aiken. The North Carolina native was beginning a career as an educator working with special-needs children when he took an opportunity to audition for the TV show American Idol, then in its second season. His life was transformed as a finalist, and he has emerged as one of the most successful singers to have been launched by the show. Aiken has used his celebrity on behalf of the international charity UNICEF and has traveled to Somalia, Afganistan and other countries where children have been impacted by war. In this half-hour conversation, Aiken talks with Kimsey about performing, sudden fame, family, UNICEF and more.

Now that I start watching this, I realize this is in the vaults already....but still, it's nice to see it on YouTube!

Thanks for all the lovely Spamemories!

One of the best weeks of one of the best holidays I've ever had - going to spam twice,running around NYC,four other musicals, juniors for dessert Yum!, meeting the lovely Annabear, the subway, getting lost by myself in the big city......

Can you tell I just loved NYC!

:hello:

Thanks for all the lovely Spamemories!

One of the best weeks of one of the best holidays I've ever had - going to spam twice,running around NYC,four other musicals, juniors for dessert Yum!, meeting the lovely Annabear, the subway, getting lost by myself in the big city......

Can you tell I just loved NYC!

Love reliving Spam - so many great moments & memories! :D That was my first night of my first time in NYC, ausdon. I remember our phones weren't working for some reason & we ended up finally being just about the only people left in Shubert Alley, so I decided to walk up and ask if you were Donna! :teehee1:

And the May finale... flying to NYC by myself to share a room with couchie, cindilu, and luckiest - none of whom I'd ever met before! :huh-bwah:

I can't believe that in January, it will have been 2 years since Spam closed on Broadway. I miss all of those madly talented people. :BlowKiss:

God, I loved Spam......I'd never been to NYC before, and then I made 3 trips in less than a year! LOL I've always been a Monty Python fan, so it was two fandoms colliding for me. And to see Clay up on that stage, having so much fun, and becoming part of a different family, was just amazing. I may be in the minority, but I'd love it if he did Broadway again. :wub:

:GM_FCA:

18 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

82 Days until The T&T Begins!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wonderful memories of Spamalot!!! meeting new friends, becoming a no longer casual fan! Just love NYC and would love to go again! went one night this summer during timeless tour, would have loved to been able to stay longer. I went 4 times from March 08 to Jan 09, twice for Clay and 2 times with my family! Only one of my boys hasn't been there yet, maybe I'll go with him someday! said wouldn't do any claytrips till next fall but might give in for a NYC trip! :whistling-1:

My first ever trip to NYC was in high school as a learning/cultural thing....but we did more shopping and eating and having fun than learning historical stuff. Hee! I just wish we could have hit some museums but we did get to go to the Statue, Ellis Island, and drove up to cute little Sleepy Hollow out in the country.

Several of my non-Spamalot memories focus on Central Park: fending off the pedicab dudes in Columbus Circle, and hiking past the Sheep Meadow (which I've seen in what seems like hundreds of tv shows and movies) and Tavern on the Green to get to Strawberry Fields. Listening to all the different languages being spoken by the people sitting on the benches around that circle. Passing a crew of firemen taking a break, enjoying the sun, with their boots lined up on the ground in front of them. A singer / rapper outside a subway stop stating he wasn't going to perform until the crowd got bigger. Worrying that YSRN was going to get hit by a truck on Fifth Avenue while she was trying to get pictures of a bus with Clay's face on the side. Walking around the Pond, eating a bag of cinnamon almonds. And then deciding it maybe was a mistake to think I could walk all those blocks back to the hotel without getting a blister. Good times, indeed.