#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

April_fools.gifHappy April, FCA!

In between having Uverse installed, I uploaded a new Carolina blog before temporarily "being off the air." The new Carolina On My Mind features NJU stories from the Tried & True Tour (thnx to psparky, chasandpeg, cindilu2, emerson), the high def video of "Crying" (Scarlett), a graphic by AmazingCA, as well as a litany of unexpected bonuses with music lessons and photo updates of Kai and Lia during my iPhone's initial month.

One of the apps my students have put to good use is a metronome. Yesterday I learned from a violin dad that he also uses it while working on his golf swing. :lol:

Thnx for all the handsome photos, bottlecap!

Have an awesome day, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

I would kill for 80 degree temps Fear; so tired of the cold..just want to be able to open my windows and turn off the damn furnace.

I was able to turn my furnace off for about an hour, a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping that maybe next week I can turn it off a bit in the daytime. It's been down below freezing every night. Next Monday we have a high of 14 C forecast! But it's supposed to be quite rainy, so it will be damp. On the other hand, we don't have any snow in the forecast so whoop whoop!!! :)

Here's hoping April will be the month we hear about Clay's next project. My money is still on Broadway. I'm also hoping that the Drop Dead Diva rumour pans out. I've started watching the show and it's quite good. I'm enjoying it.

This weather is spectacular here today. I was walking downtown this afternoon and the city is absolutely sparkling. Not a cloud in the sky, low humidity, temp is 82. My sis works in NYC during the week and flies home on weekends. She loves NY, but this time I don't think she's ready to fly back on Sunday!

This weather is great for all the visitors here for the next few days -- Houston has the Shell Houston Open going on this weekend (waves to merrieeee :hello:) and also the NCAA Final Four. I noticed lots of visitors on the streets today, two different men asked me for directions to Discovery Green so I know they weren't local -- and anyway, most Houstonians are underground in the tunnel system at the various shops and restaurants throughout. I will be back there too, when the weather heats up (probably next week), but for now it's GORGEOUS OUT! I walked over to Macy's and rewarded myself with two pairs of new shoes. It seemed fair.

Its dreary, rainy and my Cubbies are losing...typical Opening Day in Chicago! Having a quick bite and then out to get our taxes done...oh joy!

Kim

This weather is spectacular here today. I was walking downtown this afternoon and the city is absolutely sparkling. Not a cloud in the sky, low humidity, temp is 82. My sis works in NYC during the week and flies home on weekends. She loves NY, but this time I don't think she's ready to fly back on Sunday!

This weather is great for all the visitors here for the next few days -- Houston has the Shell Houston Open going on this weekend (waves to merrieeee :hello:) and also the NCAA Final Four. I noticed lots of visitors on the streets today, two different men asked me for directions to Discovery Green so I know they weren't local -- and anyway, most Houstonians are underground in the tunnel system at the various shops and restaurants throughout. I will be back there too, when the weather heats up (probably next week), but for now it's GORGEOUS OUT! I walked over to Macy's and rewarded myself with two pairs of new shoes. It seemed fair.

You think working at a golf tournament I would be enjoying the weather but no I am in the SHO hq having to suffer by talking to Freddie Couples again today and helping Francesco Molinari send a FedEx...yeah tough I know! The fact they are cute looking somewhat eased the pain.

Back from getting our taxes done :crying1: Some days it feels like all I am working for is to pay taxes.

Kim

:GM_FCA:

Yay for Saturday! Grocery shopping this morning and then not much else for the rest of the week-end. Looks to be a little warmer..in the 50's...but next week-end they are predicting near 70...I hope so. Austin's Christening is next Sunday and I have been praying for nice weather.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Boy am I glad this week is over! I've been staring at statistics all week...and I tell you, that's NOT my thing. I feel worse for my boss, though, as she has to write the report that covers the statistics, plus all our things we did this year and the plans for next year. She's been holed up in her office for the entire week. Oh, and by the way, she gets married in about 6 weeks, so she's got wedding plans to think about too.

I sincerely hope that Clay is having a fabulous time with whatever he is doing (work or personal), and his life is good.

merrieeee, hope you survive this weekend!

Did you know that if you send a commercially made food product from overseas to the US that you have to fill out a prior notice form to/from the FDA to let them know that it's okay and is not hazardous? Did you also know that the US has restricted the size of a package that can come in through airmail to just 16oz? And if it's over that size it might come in by ship!

Did you also know that if you don't fill out this prior notice, the package may be returned to the sender or (if there's no address) destroyed?

These are just a few things I learned today, that our government is taking crazy-sized precautions because of the stupid terrorists who try to send bombs through the mail. And all because I haven't received my Aussie package yet. (According to the Australia Post website, it should have arrived on or around the 28th.)

Clay content? My CD is in there. :crying1:

I would assume this is the reason why I didn't get my first package from her around Christmas either. All she wanted to do was to send me Tim Tams and a "Chrissy bauble". *sniffle* What I don't understand is why couldn't they just look at the other contents which is NOT food and repackage it and continue it on to its destination? Why take the whole package?

From CV - two new tweets from Michael Orland -

Michael Orland just tweeted this:

MichaelOrland @clayaiken It's official. I'm following YOU!!!!!

@Clayaiken Is he still sleeping? C'mon, Clay. Wake up and tweet. LOL.

My GIANTS finally won today!!! 10 to Zip :yahoo:

:hug:shortyjill

Yay for the Giants and my Cubbies won also! Bad fan that I am I turned the game off because they were losing and they went and made a comeback and won the game!

I think Michael may be waiting a long time for Clay to tweet!

Kim

Yay for the Giants and my Cubbies won also! Bad fan that I am I turned the game off because they were losing and they went and made a comeback and won the game!

Kim

I think you may be right :cryingwlaughter:

Yoohoo couchie, come out and play. Or at least let us know you didn't fall down and hurt yourself this weekend. I'd hate to think of you lying there and nobody to help you :thbighug-1:

Maybe some lovlies of the the lovely man will get you to respond?

A few from toni7babe -

post-1277-130179598602_thumb.jpg

post-1277-130179589516_thumb.jpg post-1277-130179600714_thumb.jpg

Thunderstorms expected today so since I will be stuck inside; a good day to get domestic and do some baking. They also had roasts on sale yesterday and I bought a couple..these are chuck roasts and I like to grind them up for hamburger...tastes much better than the package stuff.

I have such an exciting life, LOL!

Off to make pancakes for breakfast.

Kim

Via Openly Clay:

Tweet:

@jairodriguez Jai Rodriguez

@Clayaiken and I at the AdrianarshCenter in miami. Pic made it to Ocean Drive magazine yfrog.com/hse9rbij

intro blurb about Jai:

Jai Rodriguez

@jairodriguez Los Angeles, CA

Best known as the culture guy on Queer Eye. I live in LA, acting and still hosting but also have great tracks on Itunes. Check em out!

clay_oceandrivemag.jpg

Have no idea when the pic was taken. :)

full magazine picture

ClayAikenAndJaiRodriguez_AdrianneArshtCenter_fulllength.jpg

Reading reports elsewhere that this is the outfit Clay wore at the Miami M&G, so Jai was probably there.

Excuuuuuuuse me, I know perfectly well what a basketball is!

It's one of those giant orange things people have draped all over downtown in celebrating of some pagan festival called either "The Final Fantasy Four" or "Mad as a March Hare Hatter Madness" or some such thingie. I think they are sacrificing some sweet 16 year old in Houston on March 31. I just keep reminding myself I just look sweet 16!

I have sort of an item of a way of entertaining us during this quiet period. Really random Clay mentions! I was admiring my totally chosen by skill triumph in the bracket doohickey and so I tried my google-fu on the combo, "Clay Aiken basketball"...and came up with this:

Fredette has gotten the rockstar treatment all season long. So what actual rockstar does Jimmer resemble?

"Clay Aiken," said sophomore Stephen Rogers as the entire locker room erupted in laughter. "He's soft-spoken, but if you get him on the stage and it's a different story."

It just tickled me that some 19 or 20 something NCAA basketball player knew enough about Clay Aiken to comment on his on and off stage persona and it was no big whoop.

What combo can y'all come up with?

BWAH..oh Kandre that is priceless. So happy you survived the madness and didn't get sacrificed as the sweet 16!

Lord that Fredette is EVERYWHERE. It will be interesting to see how his skills translates to the NBA. I do like the description of Clay, but is really more American Idol season Clay ha ha.

Hi guys......way to busy at the Shell Houston Open to post.

Where is Clay? I miss him!

I thought about you last week Merrieeee because I saw that Mike and Mike was doing their show from the Houston Open. I turn that on sometimes when I can't sleep. I think it comes on at 4 am in California.

One of these years I want to do my sports tour - go to a golf tournament, US Open, final 4 game etc etc.

:yahoo:Bottlecap! I got mail today! Off to take a hot bath and then snuggle in to watch some clack..after the day I had..I need some Clay!

P.S. I went to login and the first time it take my username or password..I was skeered..thought you guys kicked me out!

Kim

Don't have to ever worry about that aikim!

tumbleweed2.gif

Bwah. I thought I'd have more time after I quit my second job but I'm actually doing stuff. My newphew's little league is looking like a winner. They can hit and field. They are 4-0 already and my Tyler has been the starting pitcher on the first 4 games. They won 9-1 yesterday. Looks like this year might be another championship kind of year.

From CV - two new tweets from Michael Orland -

Michael Orland just tweeted this:

MichaelOrland @clayaiken It's official. I'm following YOU!!!!!

@Clayaiken Is he still sleeping? C'mon, Clay. Wake up and tweet. LOL.

My GIANTS finally won today!!! 10 to Zip :yahoo:

:hug:shortyjill

And let me join in on this YAY to say my A's one their first game as well.

Kim

I have learned my lesson with basketball - -turning off games before the bitter end, believing they lost only to see that hey that won that?

ha ha.

Yoohoo couchie, come out and play. Or at least let us know you didn't fall down and hurt yourself this weekend. I'd hate to think of you lying there and nobody to help you :thbighug-1:

Maybe some lovlies of the the lovely man will get you to respond?

A few from toni7babe -

post-1277-130179598602_thumb.jpg

post-1277-130179589516_thumb.jpg post-1277-130179600714_thumb.jpg

You know Treenuts I made it through the week without falling again but thanks for thinking of me! We have to get to that Giants game - maybe some time next month? Joined weight watchers yesterday and look forward to my first meeting tomorrow. This is the first time I've actually officially used some sort of program. We'll see how it goes. My mom is still in Oceanside...she is finally back on Thursday night.

Looking forward to the next Clay thing. I talked to Ansa this weekend and I guess she recently had a lot of fun on you tube watching some stuff from the last 2 tours and also his broadway backwards performance.

Really loud thunderstorms last night..cat was sitting in the window when a big clap of thunder hit; never saw her run so fast in my life..I think she spent the rest of the night under my bed. Dog on the other hand can sleep through anything.

Another Monday morning..short week for me as I am taking Friday off..yay..looking forward to a three day week-end. Austin is being baptized on Sunday so it will be a busy one.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Clay...wake up!

Kim

Good luck to Tyler couchie. I remeber Little League being a lot of fun. Good luck on the diet. I goofed off during Mr Fear's recuperation. He is doing more walking than using the wheelchair, so he is getting stronger. I won't have an excuse soon.

aikim, I hope you have a beautiful day for the christening. I'll bet your grandbaby is growing up faster that you remembered.

We are having some beautiful Spring weather but that nasty pollen is starting to fall off the oak trees so it won't be very enjoyable outside for a while.

Hoping to hear something exciting about Clay's career soon. Have a great day! :dancetom:

We got hit with the gamut of wacky weather yesterday....it was mild, we were planning to BBQ, then looked outside and it was snowing, although the thermometer still read 5 C. It continued raining/sleeting/freezing rain all evening, and then it turned into thunderstorms overnight, and it is just pouring rain this morning. Supposed to reach 16 C by this afternoon, and then snow again overnight. I guess this is spring? LOL

I remember Little League well. My son started playing when he was 4, and he has played every year since. I took him to his first major league game when he was 4 (my dad had season tickets), and he stayed up to watch the World Series when the Blue Jays won the first time. Unfortunately, my dad passed away in '95 when Ian was just 7 years old. He is now 23 and is organizing his own senior hard ball team, and is a member of the board of directors for the league too. He spent the weekend in Toronto attending the first 3 Blue Jays home games of the season. He is such a baseball kid, he also collects/trades/sells baseball cards. He and my dad would have been best buddies, if my dad had lived. I am looking forward to his league's season starting up at the beginning of May. This past Christmas he gave me an ornament that says "Baseball Mom" because I rarely miss a game. Most of the guys' parents no longer attend (they are in their 20's after all!) but my son still calls me every day before a game to make sure I'm coming to watch. <3

Fear I cannot believe he is going to be 3 months old already...seems like it was just yesterday that she told us she was pregnant. Unfortunately, I seem to have gotten dumber since I had my kids because she prefers the baby books to my advice, LOL!

Clay tidbits:

Posted on Ben's Facebook:

Clay Aiken

Pastor saying F- YOU while preaching

about an hour ago

He also posted it on Trenyce's:

Clay Aiken

I don't know why this made me think of you. Sounds like the type of inspiration you would like.

Hope you're loving Europe still.

She replied

Trenyce Cobbins This guy is still working on some hidden "demons" lol...I liked the msg up til then...lol...How are you love...I just celebrated my 31st! Don't know why it feels 10 times better than the 30th. but hey! Kiss that baby and tell Mama Aiken I said Hi!!! Miss you! Europe is good,...got some stories when I get back ;-)

So it seems Clay is just living his life; enjoying his friends and watching youtube..hope he is working in between all that!

Kim