#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

keepingfaith, take care. Hopefully the surgery will take care of some of your other symptoms too. It did for me.

Go Clay. I hope there is a master plan in place. It'd be great to see him as a singing actor. I thought he was really good in 30Rock.

Keeping Sorry you are not feeling up to par. I had a hysterectomy a long time ago because it had lots of fibroid tumors in it, (Yuck) and I was hemorrhaging a lot. I was in my late thirties, and I can tell you that it was the best thing I ever did. I never missed the darn thing. They left my ovaries though.

Just checking in from skiing and my legs are really sore. Two days of hard skiing and I have a feeling getting out of bed tomorrow will be hard.

I am so glad we are back!!

Great news about DDD. I do not have cable so will have to pay a visit to my concert buddy house and watch the episode.

(((Keeping))) Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sadly I can't make anything in my kitchen yet because the whole house isn't finished. It is a new build, not to lock up stage yet so we're still in our little rental.

It doesn't take much to get me excited - just the cupboards without benchtops had me :twinklewhore: yesterday!!

I usually stop in after work each day to see whats changed from the day before. DH says I'm weird but I'm sure I'm not the only one to have done this? I just tell him that I'm reeeaaallllyyy sick of this house where we are now.

(edited twice for creative spelling)

:GM_FCA:

Breakfast meeting at work today; should be interesting, we have been having a theft issue and a police officer is going to be there to tell us how to handle certain situations. Unfortunately, the library has been lax on certain policies and had an issue the other night that was not handled properly and resulted in a very angry patron. All I can say is I am glad I work in the back trenches and not out in front with the public, I give a lot of credit to those that do.

Still excited about DDD...I will do a countdown as soon as we get an official date!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Yeah, consider yourself lucky. We have police on staff :-(

Yikes! Would not like that at all! So the meeting went pretty well, the Police Chief was there and another Officer. The Police Chief basically said in a most diplomatic way that we f'd up and we need to get our act together. What happened was that a young man came in who vaguely resembled someone on camera that was suspected of stealing and was falsely accused...the parents justifiably raised holy hell and threatened to sue the library. Problem is the library does not have any written policy in place and the staff handled it wrong because they were not sure what to do. In a way, as bad as it was, it was a good thing, because we needed that wake-up call. So now the Library Board, Lawyer and Director are all going to be sitting down and figuring this all out.

In lighter news, the OFC has posted the news about Clay being on DDD and TC has also posted on FB!

Kim

Wake up! rise and shine! It's Thursday..week-end is just around the bend!

So Jacob sang BOTW on AI last night and from all reports (I don't watch) it was not good and Clay's version is getting a bit of a buzz from it on twitter!

DDD news was picked up by an AI news site in Brazil!

On the homefront..hubby is occupying himself building birdhouses and re-fashioning a plant stand that used to be in the living room into a baker's rack for my kitchen.

Kim

I liked Jacob's version but then I really like his voice. It's gospelly but also unique in its own way although in "spirit" he reminds me a lot of Fantasia. Can't walk a minute on idol though without hearing something Clay sang somewhere though. It's hysterical. Someone sang End of the Road last night. I caught the last 10 seconds since I was watching my silly Lakers stumble into the playoffs.

Ugh, it's only Thursday.

Looks like Clay is doing some PR for DDD...posted on FB:

MacKidSmyrna: Getting ready to head to Peachtree City (again) to cover a media visit with Clay Aiken (he's guest starring on... http://fb.me/ZAjJh6Cy

2 minutes ago via Facebook

Kim

Hmm...is gospelly a technical term?

:cryingwlaughter:

HA! But of course. It took me 2 minutes to figure out if it had one l or 2 heee.

So RIP All My Children and One Life to Live. I haven't watched in years but OLTL was my first online fandom and I watched all the abc soaps for 30 years at least. I also read that K-Lo will be co-hosting one of the replacement shows with Tim Gunn of Project Runway fame. I can't believe they are canceling both shows. If I were in charge I'd get rid of the Sonny/Jason/Mobster hour first.

KF... take care hon. We'll all be sending warm wishes your way!

Hey all. For some reason I was a chatterbox on our refuge board for those few days, and now I'm back to my usual hobby of silence. But I promised myself I would push myself to post here more because FCA means a lot to me and I always, always read here. I got the shakes a little until Couchie found a way to get us back together again. Somebody's got Ausdon's email address now, right?

I've been pretty busy for a long time. Nice change of pace from before. I think maybe this year I might actually get a job that pays, as the work I've been giving away for months now is good stuff. :cryingwlaughter: Plus I've learned about making websites and forums and all kinds of good geeky stuff!

Lilyshine is here--she wanted some spring and likes to drive so boom, she's here. She was researching upcoming Broadway musicals tonight, googling old articles, and we were discussing what kind of a show we thought Clay would take--because you know he must get offers all the time, and he seems to be holding out for something particular that he wants out of the next role. But I would not have guessed Spamalot at all, so I'm sure he's going to surprise me again.

:hello:jmh and everyone else. Good luck with the job jmh. Sounds like you've been getting educated.

Yesterday was my last day volunteering to do taxes this year and it was a bear. I'm about ready to climb into my cave for a while. Maybe I'll meet up with Clay while I'm hibernating. This is how he must feel after a tour.

:yahoo: For Friday! Unfortunately, Spring has decided to take a vacation for the week-end and the next week, rain, wind and cold coming our way. Guess I will be forced to do the dreaded house cleaning instead of soaking up some sun working in the garden, blah.

I was an AMC fan for many years..have not watched in a quite a while, but for a long time it was my escape from the craziness of life..sorry to see it go...the replacement shows look like crap and ones I will not be watching.

Kim

aikim, I hear ya about the weather. I have a day off today, and was planning to do things like get a pedicure. Still will, but my feet are going to be cold, as it's much chillier and windier than it has been!

jmh -- MWAH! Hope you get your dream job, and soon! lilyshine -- have fun!

I was always a Days of Our Lives girl myself. I remember distinctly trying to get out my dorm floor's lounge BEFORE the AMC fans got there, so we could watch DOOL in peace! I think very few people have time these days to keep up with a soap opera, even though I could miss three years of DOOL and still know who half the people were. cryingwlaughter.gif OTOH, one of the replacement shows they announced yesterday is going to be co-hosted by Clinton Kelly of "What Not to Wear," and I LOVE him. Another funny, snarky, gay boyfriend!

ausdon -- I'll add your email to the Google Group we formed last weekend, so that if we ever go down again, you'll be in the loop!

I have to admit, for me, a little Jacob goes a very long way, and he's shot past "gospelly" into "hysterical". He has a good voice, but I haven't seen a performance of his that wasn't turned to "11" from beginning to end...

I'll have to work up to Drop Dead Diva, saw one episode and didn't like it, but have watched a lot of not to my taste stuff for my boyfriend. I am such an enabler...

Oddly enought, I think I would like a duet of Clay and Steven Tyler (whose "rock voice" I think has held up amazingly well and frankly he sounds better than anyone on AI this year...) doing "Dream On"...and Steven seems to be uncontrollable enough to not notice that Clay has been "banned".

jmh good luck on the job!

I'm a no-soap kinda gal. :P I remember my mom watching them when I was reaaaal little and I always thought the characters were so out there...I never understood it (still don't). I lump them in with romance novels. LOL I'm not much of a day time TV person anyway. Prime time is a different matter though. :lol:

Spent part of my yesterday over at our house. My aunt is down here for her daughter's college graduation this weekend and she's come early to work on cleaning out the house. It looks like she wants to have a huge garage sale. I think I may only have a cabinet left to clean out and it should go pretty quick. So that will be my afternoon...and then tomorrow is the graduation but I think we're only going to dinner.

Went out grocery shopping at my local Krogers this morning. I'm just getting to buying my eggs when the familiar strains of "This is the Night" kick in. I start grinning like a fool. Finish my shopping just about the time the song stops. Then, I get into my car, where I've got burned CD's of Clay's music set on random. Next song up? TITN. This time I drove home belting the song at the top of my lungs, and remembering that first performance. Sigh.