#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Leaving in about half hour for the great combination of Joe's Crab Shack for dinner and Elton John! What a great day-early wedding anniversary for my husband and I!

Topic: Clay's sung an Elton John song. Except he thought it was a George Michael song. *snerk*

Sigh...how funny....

LdyJ that comes from my favorite tour and my favorite show ever.

What is funny or Die. I missed something.

Glad everyone is ok. I'm complaining about my weather but "cold" is nothing compared to what y'll are going through.

Well, dinner turned out to be Popeye's Fried Chicken, as everyone else attending the Elton John show decided to eat at Joe's Crab Shack tonight! But Elton John puts on a fantastic show! 3 hours later, no intermission, no opening act, and he rocked the house! It was amazing, and I'm so glad I got to see that living legend live on the stage.

couchie, funnyordie.com is a website that was founded by Will Farrell. All humor clips -- I posted one earlier, but you really got to understand "When Harry Met Sally" (one of my favorite movies!) to get the clip. Anyway, LOTS of famous people make clips for that site. They are really satirical, and I think Clay being in one will be a good fit!

:GM_FCA:

FOD Video to premiere in May! :yahoo:

83 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

ldyj, Elton is amazing. Glad you got the chance to see him (but too bad about the crab shack)!

So nice to see a few dates on the countdown again! Thanks aikim!

You're welcome! Hope in the coming months I have more to add to it!

Kim

Back from skiing yesterday. Drive only took us 20.5 hours. We have a joke between my husband and I about whenever I get behind the wheel the weather turns to shit. Well I was driving the last three hours and wouldn't you know but the snow was really coming down and the roads were getting slipperly. He said to me he just knew we would not get lucky with me behind the wheel.

Those pictures of Clay are great, really like the one with Tori. I also am hoping more will add to the calendar. I will not be at the Gala but will live it through all of you. Even if I could figure out the money my ski patrol recert is that whole weekend, starting on Friday and all the way through Sunday.

I won't be at gala either this year, as much as it pains me to say so. There is no way I will be able to swing the time off and the expense, with a trip to Taiwan at the beginning of October. But it's a once in a lifetime thing, so I'm not complaining.

I did see the When Harry Met Sally 2 one at FOD. Thought that one was funny. I haven't watched any of the others yet. I think Clay will be great on it and can't wait to see it. I'm all for anything that will let others see how funny and talented he is.

I'm still hoping to go to the gala but I won't be able to make plans until later.

FOD Video Premiere in May! :yahoo:

82 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Still overcast and dreary here...where is the sun?

Kim

From Team Clay, earlier today on Facebook:

Please visit the David Foster Foundation on Facebook and "Like" the page. TELUS will donate $2 for every "Like" the page receives. Thank you for helping make a difference!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Foster-Foundation/109610495747154

Clay added this to the public side of his private FB (no I don't go there, posted on CV)...thought it was interesting:

http://www.modernwhig.info/

FOD Video premiering in May! :yahoo:

81 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

I'm curious, do most fans think Clay was serious about thinking DLTSGDOM was a George Michael song? Because I'm pretty sure he was totally pulling everyone's leg, and he wore that sly half-grin on his face to go with the sarcasm. He had to know it was an Elton John song for at least two reasons -- he recorded it back int the Clayton Grissom days and used the Elton John version for background music, and Debra Byrd said that when he wanted to sing it on Idol for the Wildcard performance, they had to contact Elton John and talk him into letting Clay sing it. Also, JBT was the same tour where Clay pretended to be playing the piano on Love Me Tender, so I think the guy likes to pull things over on people, including audiences. He likes to get a rise. Yes, I said it!

I have to agree keepingfaith; I always take what Clay says..especially in concert, tongue in cheek. I remember during the SHRP tour when he sang the Michael Jackson song..can't remember the title..but it was the one where did the shtick about needing the audience's help because he didn't know the words and some fans really believed he didn't bother to learn the words. I just have to shake my head at times.

Kim

I remember him really forgetting his words to his own songs for a couple concerts at the beginning of the JBT. And then one night some fans brought in signs with the lyrics... :teehee1:

I would never even know if Clay forgot words or sang the wrong words if it wasn't for fans always pointing it out...never knew he left out words to Vincent on AI until Paula mentioned. It sounded fine to me!

Kim

I'm curious, do most fans think Clay was serious about thinking DLTSGDOM was a George Michael song? Because I'm pretty sure he was totally pulling everyone's leg, and he wore that sly half-grin on his face to go with the sarcasm. He had to know it was an Elton John song for at least two reasons -- he recorded it back int the Clayton Grissom days and used the Elton John version for background music, and Debra Byrd said that when he wanted to sing it on Idol for the Wildcard performance, they had to contact Elton John and talk him into letting Clay sing it. Also, JBT was the same tour where Clay pretended to be playing the piano on Love Me Tender, so I think the guy likes to pull things over on people, including audiences. He likes to get a rise. Yes, I said it!

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not listening no no no LOL ..... I'll just brush those sensible comments out of my mind because it's just more fun for me the other way. ha ha I don't really take anything in his concerts seriously... except the voice. It was hysterical, that's all that matters. But after seeing him in Spam he is just that good of an actor so yeah he could pull it off. but la la la la la I don't hear you. heee

I go into a concert. Clay entertains me. I'm smiling when I walk out. He forget words sometimes but I rarely notice but then I've walked back to my house to make sure I really locked the door and I lose my keys about 3 times a week and have to search for my glasses every morning. Of course I'm not doing that in front of my adoring fans. Wait, I've gone off track. The joy of a Clay concert is never knowing what's going to happen, even if you've seen every single concert in clack. And it's why I especially loved JBT - stump the band allowed that comic talent just to shine through.

Sometimes it's also good to just go where he takes you. And yeah he got me on the piano playing too. The boy sold it.

What's the focus of David's foundation?

It's funny, but I never give it much thought, the stuff he says on stage. I figure that's purely for entertainment purposes. There's probably a grain of truth to some of it. I suppose he forgets a line or misplaces a lyric here and there but then I think he takes it and runs with it from there. You know, turning it into comedy or sctick, to mix things up a bit. He's a natural and I LOVE IT! LOVE HIM! I Miss him like craaaazy right now too. :needclay:

What is that I see out my window..could it be...why yes it is..Mr. Sun has finally made an appearance..be nice if he stuck around a few days!

FOD Video Premiere in May! :yahoo:

80 Days until Clay is on DDD!:yahoo:

Kim

couchie, here is the mission statement from the David Foster Foundation:

The David Foster Foundation is dedicated to providing financial support to Canadian families with children in need of life–saving organ transplants.

In addition to helping families with their non-medical expenses, the Foundation strives to increase organ donor registration through public awareness campaigns in Canada and the United States.

US Mission Statement

The David Foster Foundation is committed to increasing public awareness and education in becoming a registered organ donor in the United States and in developing partnerships with organizations and people that share the same goal.

The sun came out briefly this morning but then it started to rain/snow again. Ugh. I'm hopeful it'll come back out for the rest of the day....that's what the forecast says, anyways. You can't believe everything you read on the internet! cryingwlaughter.gif

I don't believe the weathermen either...best way to judge the weather, stick your head out the door!

Kim