#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

I'm curious, do most fans think Clay was serious about thinking DLTSGDOM was a George Michael song? Because I'm pretty sure he was totally pulling everyone's leg, and he wore that sly half-grin on his face to go with the sarcasm. He had to know it was an Elton John song for at least two reasons -- he recorded it back int the Clayton Grissom days and used the Elton John version for background music, and Debra Byrd said that when he wanted to sing it on Idol for the Wildcard performance, they had to contact Elton John and talk him into letting Clay sing it. Also, JBT was the same tour where Clay pretended to be playing the piano on Love Me Tender, so I think the guy likes to pull things over on people, including audiences. He likes to get a rise. Yes, I said it!

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not listening no no no LOL ..... I'll just brush those sensible comments out of my mind because it's just more fun for me the other way. ha ha I don't really take anything in his concerts seriously... except the voice. It was hysterical, that's all that matters. But after seeing him in Spam he is just that good of an actor so yeah he could pull it off. but la la la la la I don't hear you. heee

I go into a concert. Clay entertains me. I'm smiling when I walk out. He forget words sometimes but I rarely notice but then I've walked back to my house to make sure I really locked the door and I lose my keys about 3 times a week and have to search for my glasses every morning. Of course I'm not doing that in front of my adoring fans. Wait, I've gone off track. The joy of a Clay concert is never knowing what's going to happen, even if you've seen every single concert in clack. And it's why I especially loved JBT - stump the band allowed that comic talent just to shine through.

Sometimes it's also good to just go where he takes you. And yeah he got me on the piano playing too. The boy sold it.

What's the focus of David's foundation?

Monday, I lost my glasses at the movies. Go figure. Went back Tuesday, and could not find them even though I took a flashlight. Now I have appointment for new ones, but have to wait till May because they did not have earlier appointment. Thank God, Clay is not doing anything where I will need my glasses to get see him. So I really do not care if Clay forgets the words. He makes me happy.

You have to wait until May? LOL I once lost my glasses in the ocean, in Wilmington NC. The wave sucked me under and when I surfaced, no glasses. Why was I wearing my glasses while swimming in the ocean? Because I am blind as a bat without them. cryingwlaughter.gif I had to have my daughter, who then only had a learner's permit, drive me around an unfamiliar city to find an eye wear store who would contact my optomotrist in Canada to get my prescription, and make me new ones right away. I believe I was 24 hour without them, which was v.v. interesting. I couldn't do much of anything.

:GM_FCA:

Back to the rain..sun was nice while it lasted. I am so tired of this weather. I keep waiting for a nice week-end so I can get out and get my garden planted and I don't think that is ever going to happen..so depressing.

FOD Video premiere in May! :yahoo:

79 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hi guys! Waiting for some Clay news as my life is pretty occupied lately. My youngest son had a ruptured appendix Wednesday. At the hospital my DIL cursed me out for 45 minutes, using her other personality and now my son won't talk to me as he says he's in a lot of pain. Life is weird, thats all I have to say about that. I'm hoping he's okay. I made him a basket of fruit, nuts and some sugar free candy which I may just drop off at the hospital.

My older son is coming from Oregon to attend the graduation of a sweet girl he helped raise. We'll all be going to that. Really looking forward to seeing him again.

Have a great day!

Hey Fear, I'm sorry to hear about your family situation at the moment. Hope everything turns out OK.

I'm building an ark here in Illinois. Rain, rain, go away!

OFC members, check your email. They are surveying members on what should be included as "gifts" for renewing. Also, the email states that there will be a "new feature" for year 6. Wonder what that could be?

I voted for the aluminum water bottle, the coasters, and the wine opening. Yes, I like to drink. *g*

I went for the coasters and the wine opener too. *g* I also opted for the deck of cards, because even though I'd probably never use them, I love a good deck of cards! :) (as long as they're not those crappy slippery plastic ones...it's Bicycle or nothing!)

Got my e-mail! I voted for the deck of cards...I don't need anymore water bottles. So wonder what is on the deck of cards...52 different pictures of Clay? He probably has had that many hairstyles over the last 8 years...I think it would be fun! cryingwlaughter.gif

Ldyj I will join you in building that ark...have to go grocery shopping after work and I am dreading it!

Kim

Probably don't say it enough, but I really do appreciate this place...I just want to celebrate Clay and enjoy being a fan and I am so grateful to have a place to come to where there are people who feel the same way.

Hugs to all FCA'ers!

Kim

I went for the cd holder. I agree aikim. Although we don't post a ton, there is no ridiculing other members. Thanks to couchie and ldyjfor keeping this board open. I don't have expectations for Clay and he'd better not have any for me. :cryingwlaughter:

I voted for the key ring! What you say there was no key ring? Well there should have been. I lost the keys to my car and it cost over $200 to replace them but worse than that was the key ring from last year was on the ring! I loved that thing. Oh well.

I think I'm just tired of the constant....what can he do for me that's out there. I need nothing from him. He has brought me enough pleasure to last several lifetimes and a girl can't ask for more!

Seems to be a theme "out there" of Clay needs to interactive with the fans more..well lets take a look at how much interacting Clay did between March of 2010 and March of 2011

PBS Special

New CD

Tour with Ruben

Special Concert in Chicago

Gala

TnT Tour

Not to mention on the TNT tour he did enough M&G's for 6 tours..PBS, OFC, Charity...sometimes meeting the same people more than once...several venues he came out after the concert to greet fans at the bus. I know he appreciates his fans, but yourself in his shoes...can you imagine some of those M&G when there were 75 people or more and he had to say, hello, sign autographs, take a picture and all before he had to go out and do a two hour show. Yes, it is part of his job..but still...I think he gave more of himself on that tour than ever before.

I think he damn well deserves to take some time off away from us..get back to his real life...we know he has been busy filming DDD and making a video and who knows what else.

I believe there are some good things coming down the road and I am here for the duration. I love when he blogs, but that is not why I am here..I am here for two reasons..his voice and my admiration of him as a man and how he lives his life. As long as those two constants remain, I am good to go.

Kim

I've honestly given up reading elsewhere. It can be fun during busy times, but during down times it's not worth it to me. I know anything pertinent will be posted here.

Today we rented a U-haul truck to go and finally get all my daughter's furniture from her old house an hour or so away, as she is moving back in with me for the time being. What a couple of days we have had, reorganizing rooms, rearranging furniture, steam cleaning carpets.....tomorrow my mom arrives for Easter. That means groceries, cooking a turkey and a roast, and I promised to make my son a chocolate cake in lieu of Easter chocolate. By Monday I think I will be glad to get back to work. cryingwlaughter.gif

PS I voted for the luggage tags. twinklewhore.gif

Hmmm....decisions, decisions! Frankly, I'm kinda holdin' out for that Hologram of Clay in the shower. Now THAT would be a perk(y) :lipstick:

What?

Can I change my vote? Seems much higher on the sensory scale than a pack of cards, LOL!

Kim

I'm a topic behind, but what the heck?

It's funny, but I never give it much thought, the stuff he says on stage. I figure that's purely for entertainment purposes. There's probably a grain of truth to some of it. I suppose he forgets a line or misplaces a lyric here and there but then I think he takes it and runs with it from there. You know, turning it into comedy or sctick, to mix things up a bit. He's a natural and I LOVE IT! LOVE HIM! I Miss him like craaaazy right now too. :needclay:

I actually believe he is teasing about NOT playing the piano. :cryingwlaughter: He hit a wrong note in Bethlehem. I guess that could happen if he accidentally hit the keys. I also watched him from the balcony in DC, and his hands were moving in the right places. Maybe part of the fake out? But wrapping my mind around those things and the idea that he actually got Savon to record a halting, amateurish version of the accompaniment just to fake everyone out??? I dunno. I'm skeptical.

A co-workers husband is a meteorologist.

When asked what he does for a living she says....

...."lies"

:cryingwlaughter:

I am the child of two meteorologists. My dad was trained in the Navy, went to graduate school, and worked for the Weather Bureau for many years. My mom was only a weatherwoman for a few years, during the war and afterwards, but that's how she met my dad.

Anyway, getting to the point, my father always said that you can't predict the weather. :cryingwlaughter:

Current topic--I voted for the picture of Parker. :twinklewhore: Oh, and I'm with the "he does plenty for fans and I hope he doesn't tweet because then I'd have to read twitter, so just shaddup and quit yer bellyachin'" school of thought.

It just feels like beating the same dead horse over and over each time it gets quiet and it's gotten so boring to hear the same stuff all the time. We can wish to our heart's content but we can't change anything. All we can do is stick around for Clay when HE is ready to come around, and that's what I've learned how to do. In the meantime, I can go on with my life, and when he calls, I'll come running...

That said..... I was just listening to a guy talk about his survival of the storm and some of the damage in the St. Louis area and he sounded so panicked and so scared. :( Possible multiple tornadoes in that area tonight with major damage to the airport. Yikes! (I'd so go into meteorology if there wasn't so much advanced math and physics involved...)

ETA: I love this. *g*

jmh:

Oh, and I'm with the "he does plenty for fans and I hope he doesn't tweet because then I'd have to read twitter, so just shaddup and quit yer bellyachin'" school of thought.

You have to wait until May? LOL I once lost my glasses in the ocean, in Wilmington NC. The wave sucked me under and when I surfaced, no glasses. Why was I wearing my glasses while swimming in the ocean? Because I am blind as a bat without them. cryingwlaughter.gif I had to have my daughter, who then only had a learner's permit, drive me around an unfamiliar city to find an eye wear store who would contact my optomotrist in Canada to get my prescription, and make me new ones right away. I believe I was 24 hour without them, which was v.v. interesting. I couldn't do much of anything.

That has happened to me too. Thankfully I wasn't driving but it was a PITA.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say on another board shortyjil. The complaining isn't going to change a thing and it just makes a lot of fans stay away, not because of Clay but because they are tired of the same old complaints. You'd think there'd come a point where you just say, that's the way it is, and accept it but apparently some people want to keep the frustration alive.

Man, if I'd known the hologram was an option, I would have held out for that.

A co-workers husband is a meteorologist.

When asked what he does for a living she says....

...."lies"

:cryingwlaughter:

ha ha that's too funny! I'm still wondering why all the weather people jumped on the it's going to snow in the lowlands bandwagon a couple months ago. My neice was so excited about the snow that was coming.

Probably don't say it enough, but I really do appreciate this place...I just want to celebrate Clay and enjoy being a fan and I am so grateful to have a place to come to where there are people who feel the same way.

Hugs to all FCA'ers!

Kim

Thanks Kim. It's been a few years now since I've board surfed and I think I know everything about Clay that's important to know.

I need nothing from him. He has brought me enough pleasure to last several lifetimes and a girl can't ask for more!

I agree. But it's like this when it's slow. It's been well established that he's not going to tweet or blog on a regular basis. I'm not sure why anyone thinks it will change at this point. And even if he were to do those things... he just finished a tour and deserves some time to just veg.

Hmmm....decisions, decisions! Frankly, I'm kinda holdin' out for that Hologram of Clay in the shower. Now THAT would be a perk(y) :lipstick:

What?

ha ha

:GM_FCA:

Busy day before Easter; have baking to do and still have to finish my Easter shopping..hope there are still some chocolate bunnies out there!

Clay: He is who he is and if people can't accept him and his quirks, foibles and faults after 8 years and haven't figured out that he is not going to be who they want him to be...then they never will. I love him just the way he is.

FOD Video Premiere in May! :yahoo:

78 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

There seems to be a couple of schools of thought when Clay "disappears." One is "out of sight, out of mind." Business wise, this may make some sense, and I really have no problem with fans feeling this way. The general public does seem to have a short attention span. However, I totally believe that one good project can easily bring Clay back to the forefront of publicity. The school of thought I believe in though is "absence makes the heart grow fonder." When he's hiding out, I'm thinking that he's enjoying his time away from us. And again, we don't know what he's doing right now. There's lots of behind the scenes planning going on, I'm sure. And I'm always ready to be come back for him when he's ready -- I appreciate it when he's there!

An attached thought to that would be this: does Clay need constant publicity? Many artists "fade away" for years, and continue to have careers. Show business is so very cyclical.

Clay has said in more than a few interviews that fans like to "mother" him. I've never been upset with him saying that. I see the worry that permeates whenever Clay goes into his cave as the kind of worry that a mother has for a son. ("Why doesn't he call or write more often?") Now, I'm not a mother, so maybe that's why I don't tend to worry about Clay all that much. (I also was terrible at calling or writing my Mom on a regular basis. Sometimes she yelled at me, sometimes she didn't. She knew I had a busy life!)

In the meantime, I think I'll spend the day in the sunshine. We actually have a day of sun today!

Sun is out here too! Bread is in the oven..it is an Italian tradition...bread with hard-boiled eggs inside..you actually form the dough around the unshelled egg...My Great-Grandma always made baskets for us kids. A nice treat to eat on Easter Morning.

Kim

Took our 2 year old grandson to a Easter egg hunt this morning. He was so funny trying to get he plastic eggs into his bucket. I am really enjoying being a grandmother. We are suppose to babysit tonight for a few hours.

I do not worry about Clay. I have not commented elsewhere because I do not feel like argueing but everytime he goes away for a period of time the angst starts, then he does something and almost everyone is happy. When I read around how some people are so unhappy with him I wonder why they are still here. Negativity breeds more negativity and I get tired ot it. Aikim I agreed with your post at CV. Some of his fans are to needy.

Well I must be in the mindset of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" too because a loooong time ago I made a siggie with a picture of Clay that said that. :)

We have sun here today too! So nice to see. We had a change of plans for today, we were going to surprise my great aunt and uncle with Easter dinner, but found out they're tired and don't want company. So we're celebrating another aunt's birthday....a little late. It was back in January but we didn't do anything, and it was a milestone age. So we're doing it now.

Took our 2 year old grandson to a Easter egg hunt this morning. He was so funny trying to get he plastic eggs into his bucket. I am really enjoying being a grandmother. We are suppose to babysit tonight for a few hours.

I do not worry about Clay. I have not commented elsewhere because I do not feel like argueing but everytime he goes away for a period of time the angst starts, then he does something and almost everyone is happy. When I read around how some people are so unhappy with him I wonder why they are still here. Negativity breeds more negativity and I get tired ot it. Aikim I agreed with your post at CV. Some of his fans are to needy.

How cute! I love the age my grandson is now, but I can't wait until he is actually walking and talking.

Yeah, this fandom is pretty fickle at times...this is pretty much a pattern with Clay so I am not sure why it is always such a surprise and people get so bent out of shape.

Kim