#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:GM_FCA:

8 Days until The First Day of Spring!:giveflowers:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Every time I go on one of my trips to see Clay I think that it cannot ger any better but it does! Another great night with some wonderful people and more special memories made. It is great to reconnect and feel like you have met your friends again. Isn't this fandom amazing? We are from such varying backgrounds and yet we are all brought together by this common bond..........a wonderful, amazing man named Clay Aiken. Gosh I hope it never ends!

Clay was unbelievable as usual and he just blew me away with some of his vocals!

I finally met the delightful treenuts who could not have been a better concert companion. We had a blast! I hope we get to do it again one day.

I was able to listen to most of the cellcert last night. I did miss the last genre of Who's Sorry Now through the middle of UM which was when we were kicked out and I had to drive home. :cryingwlaughter: Guess it's on my agenda today to listen to that.

My friends are soooo not Clay fans but they got a kick out of the Who's Sorry Now genre changes. Sat and watched a few Youtubes of different one's he's done. Found out he's not the first one to do it though, a ska band called Reel Big Fish did it with one of their songs, but they didn't let the audience choose. They would do about 4 or 5 genres in a row with the song. It was still fun. :)

I wrote something of a recap in the thread. I had a wonderful time last night. I love Clay as much as ever and it's that voice that gets me every time.

I started my recap last night then fell asleep at the computer HA.

Anyway, for everyone I hung around last night -- Treenuts, Merrieee, Solo, Perusing One, Artquest, Permaswooned, Ficus, Cloopy, my lurker friend and her family - thank you! You all made it even more special. Tree, so happy we got to meet last year for the Reno trip. See you soon!!

And Bottle..you MUST be nuts. I'm just dragging myself up. I told Treenuts to call me when she got home and then we talked fora long time -- about Clay and other stuff. And now I go to work. It's my LAST official day. YAY.

From the CH:

The following Scarlett clips from the San Francisco concert have been uploaded to You Tube:

Where Do I Begin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17u-b4V6vJ4

Mack The Knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvl80RIcAfQ

Pre-"Who's Sorry Now" Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKSv-mP3z1U

Who's Sorry Now - Psychedelic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfy9vOu617Q

Who's Sorry Now - Bollywood:

Who's Sorry Now - Sesame Street: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyILRQN0cCU

Who's Sorry Now - Disney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAwuHp-umyw

Who's Sorry Now - Hip Hop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_rQS7S1wA

Links can travel.

From the CH:

The following Scarlett clips from the San Francisco concert have been uploaded to You Tube:

Who's Sorry Now - Sesame Street: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyILRQN0cCU

I've watched this about 3 times now, I don't think I'll ever get sick of it. :cryingwlaughter:

Glad you had a great time couchie! Of course Scarlett was there, she has been to every single show on this tour. :P Oh to be able to do that....

And to have an estimate on how much it costs to do it... :blink: It sure ain't cheap!!

WARNING: The following are the concert recap ramblings of a woman still under the influence so you may want to scroll. That fog is far reaching (it had to be last night) and potent y'all! :wub:

What a GREAT time I had yesterday. Meeting up with some wonderful ladies, making new friends and memories while getting to see the most beautiful object of our affection LIVE made for an incredible evening! I know I'm bound to miss someone or get a name wrong but I want to say thank you to couchie, merieeee, Perma, artquest, solo, perusing one, ficus( I hope your picture is on the mend) and cloopy for making "3/12 END" a truly warm and wonderful memory for me!

merrieeee wrote:

I finally met the delightful treenuts who could not have been a better concert companion. We had a blast! I hope we get to do it again one day.

Awww....and what a wonderful seat mate you were. Such a trooper sitting with me up in "the cheap seats"! Only NOT!! My PBS tickets sucked eggs and I had half a mind to let them know. Suffice to say it's the last time I'll be purchasing anything like that again through them. While Clay's face may have been a distant blurrr of blinding white light (and I don't mean his aura) there was no problem with hearing that beautiful, sometimes soft, sometimes deep, sometimes soulful, sexy and often insanely fast and blathering voice*g* And of course there was no mistaking those were his gloriously long legs moving all about the stage.....far, far below.

My absolute favorites last night were SM (this has quickly become my favorite from both tours this year), IOM, Misty took me by surprise, Invisible from the medley CMSU, UM (my first time hearing the jet engine note live and it nearly knocked me back), Crying which was absolutely stunning and IML *sniff* was...well....sublime.

The interaction with Blaine was precious; the opening with Jerome Bell making his big DEBUT was fucking genius even though I was sitting so far up there that it took us a few seconds to realise it wasn't Clay LOL; the glow sticks were very touching and uhm.....glowy :P

I went prepared to come away moist and wanting more and I did! I had packed plenty of tissue for us and indeed did use one or two at the end. And even if tears had not been in supply it would have come in handy for a nose bleed. *farts in PBS' general direction*

My understanding is there are currently two cars with open occupancy on the Clay train as of today - The Destination Speculation Station car and the Dining car where the special beginning today is the All the Young You Can Eat Buffet. hmm....I wonder which will fill up first. heh

the opening with Jerome Bell making his big DEBUT was fucking genius even though I was sitting so far up there that it took us a few seconds to realise it wasn't Clay LOL

Sounds like you were sitting in the vicinity Sacramento if you made that error. :cryingwlaughter:

the opening with Jerome Bell making his big DEBUT was fucking genius even though I was sitting so far up there that it took us a few seconds to realise it wasn't Clay LOL

Sounds like you were sitting in the vicinity Sacramento if you made that error. :cryingwlaughter:

No shit! And it wasn't funeeee :smack:

hee

This is so nice to have. I couldn't see what he looked like last night so the videos are helping to complete my memories. :woman: Thank you to all who gather and distribute the clack!

Pre IML banter

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wowzers4Clay#p/u/0/YEL_SFP1b3I

Is there a Blissfully Ignorant Come-What-May car? I might be in that one. :P Glad you all had a good time!

As much as I think treenuts probably is right with a few of those cars, I'm happily camping with shortyjill. I call myself the Alfred E. Neuman of this fandom for a reason -- "what me, worry?"

Looking forward to whatever is next for Clay....

I'm THRILLED that so many of you had a fantastic last concert, although I totally understand treenuts frustration with her seats. Mistake Jerome for Clay, though? Whoa.

The latest Disney clip is a great refinement of what they did in Waukegan. So freakin' hysterical. Sesame Street is classic as well. Can't wait for more!

Is there a Blissfully Ignorant Come-What-May car? I might be in that one. :P Glad you all had a good time!

As much as I think treenuts probably is right with a few of those cars, I'm happily camping with shortyjill.

Sure those cars will be packed, and :cryingwlaughter:

But I'll be with y'all in the Blissfully Ignorant Come-What-May car.

I don't know what possessed me, but I put on the full MOAM CD tonight, which I haven't listened to in a few years. It took me straight back to 2004 when I first heard his voice and felt like the fangirly teenager I was all over again. I've decided to push back sleep and go through the full OMWH album before bed, and soon as those opening notes started I got my heartstrings tugged. Really hard. And now I'm feeling all schmoopy and in love like I was at 16. :wub: I think at least MOAM is going to end up on repeat for a while, if not both of these.

Just checking in with everybody. I hate RL sometimes, makes me so busy these days. :(

Update on me is that I turned 22 last Sunday and got a new camera phone as a gift.

*I hope i did not break the rules with this post*

I am always in the "Everything's Coming Up Roses" car myself..it is the pink one down at the end..only requisite is that you must bring a libation with you..there is Clay music 24/7, the refrigerator and pantry are fully stocked and absolutely no whining is allowed! Rose-colored glasses optional.

7 Days until The First Day of Spring!:giveflowers:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I went to a local Melissa Etheridge concert last night, and I have to say that the Clay fandom is certainly not unique! The opening act was Serena Ryder. Our seats were off to the side, 6th row back, in a little raised area that gave us a great, unobstructed view of the stage and also of the 'pit' area. There was a crowd of mostly middle-aged women at the foot of the stage area, they were there prior to the concert even starting and they never sat down. At one point security came to move them and Serena waved them off, saying she'd prefer if the crowd stayed there. Melissa seemed to feel the same way. She seemed to know some of them, and remarked that some of the signs that were being held up were so familiar to her because she'd seen them at every stop of the tour. Apparently, it started in Vancouver and went all the way across Canada over 3 weeks. She joked about the cold and the Canadian accents, talked about riding the bus and thanked her crew and her bus drivers (one of whom came out on stage to deliver a guitar at one point). People were shouting questions to her about when she'd be back, when she'd be in XXX city...it was apparent many had travelled to see this, the last show on the tour. Some from the US, one from Russia, it was impressive. We even got an extended encore, and she joked that singing one more song wouldn't get her home any quicker, since her flight wasn't until tomorrow. All in all it was a very cool concert and I enjoyed it, but I really felt like a "NJU". I'd love to see Clay in this venue. It held about 1100 people and it was pretty full, except for a few sections in the balcony.

After the concert we went out for a bite to eat with a friend of my daughter, and the friend's mother, whom I'd never met before. Somehow Clay Aiken became the topic of conversation (hee, imagine that) and this woman quite fervently tried to convince us that Clay had two children, not just one. She knew it was true because she'd read it on the internet. cryingwlaughter.gif

ETA: Not sure what's going on with the board but when I editted this post, all my html tags were inserted into the text! I've never seen that happen before. I deleted them all back out but it was really weird.

The new Carolina blog rewinds the San Francisco finale with recaps (SueReu, Copingincali, susandavis, Artquest), photos (nickiwiki), and five videos by Scarlett. I credited Sue with the headline, which came from her concert description: Clay Aiken Frisco Finale 'Fan-Flippin-Tastic'!.

As always, thank you for your visits, comments, retweets, etc. :wub:

It's almost 5:30 am for the California peeps. Why aren't they awake and writing recaps yet? :waiting:

Priorities, people!! :P

I thought this was especially funny in that California is three hours behind the East Coast. Many thnx for the amazing clack and recaps that were posted after bottle's little nudge!

WOOHOO for "last days," Couchie! :snoopy:

Lots of special thoughts and prayers for Japan and all with friends/relatives involved. :hug:

Have an awesome week, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen: