#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:GM_FCA:

FOD Video Premier this month! :yahoo:

82 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

WORD to your commentary on the previous pages, KeepingFaith!

Scarlett and I were chatting on FB when the announcement was made that President Obama would be on TV late Sunday night. She doesn't own a TV, so we found her a stream.

The same the night before with the White House Press Correspondents Dinner (#nerdprom on Twitter), which we thoroughly enjoyed on and offline. You are right about our president's poker face! :)

Have an awesome day, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

kf, I am so impressed with the man speaking in your video, and agree with him that much of the oppostion to gay marriage comes from a religous view point, and not from the stand point of eguality. He asks a good question for people to think about. Thanks for sharing.

Happy birthday Preden.

I saw on facebook that the gala tickets went on sale. Anybody going?

We have a thread for it. I think it is in special events? I think about five or so of us will be there and some are thinking about it.

preden, I hope your day was great. :twinklewhore:

I'm all signed up for my next class in my LTA course..this will start May 31 and go through July 21..short semester because it is during the summer so it will be two nights a week. Another girl I work with is also taking the class so it will be nice to have someone to go with. This one is Children's Library Services.

Congrats to all who got tickets to the Gala...I hope they have a great turnout!

FOD Video Premier This Month! :yahoo:

81 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

:meme:I'm going to the gala. My friend got me a ticket which I'll be paying on the installment plan. So grateful for my friends who help me facilitate my Clay addiction.

And kf, completely agree with what you said. :clap:And yay to our servicemen and President for taking down the bastard. Couchie, don't feel too bad about not getting too invested. It's probably healthier. It's why I stay away from the news as much as possible otherwise I'd be a wreck.

:GE_FCA:

I took time out to write a blog about the current two competitions -- Ultimate Idol and the Best of Top 5. In between votes, I hope you will drop by Carolina On My Mind with a comment to help keep the info showing on Google and other search engines.

There are two "Solitaire" wallpapers (Foundaindawg and cindilu2) in the blog. Below is a sample of the one by cindilu2:

SolRev_cind1b.jpg

I hope this helps get the word out to more fans. I noticed when I tweeted the blog that the AL fans had noticed we were inching up and have been begging for votes. We dropped but are not back to 55-44 (and change), fighting for ever 100th of a point.

Belated Happy Birthday to preden! :BlowKiss:

Have a great evening, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

Clay will be singing the National Anthem at the Durham Bulls Baseball Game Monday Night..unfortunately the game is not televised. This is a minor league baseball team in NC.

Not surprising some are seeing it as a come down from singing the NA at the World Series..I personally cannot see a downside to being seen and supporting your community. It could help the Foundation too and who knows, Parker could be seeing his first baseball game, LOL!

DurhamBulls Durham Bulls

Just got confirmation...Clay Aiken will perform the National Anthem at the DAP game on Monday. FaceBulls get a...http://fb.me/PMh0jzD1

1 minute ago

whole tweet

QUOTEDurham Bulls Baseball Club

Just got confirmation...Clay Aiken will perform the National Anthem at the DAP game on Monday. FaceBulls get a 14-hour jump on the press release to buy tickets. Why? Because we love you!

I absolutely understand this. It's not a come down at all. It's quite a meaningful happening within this area. Why?

Durham Athletic Park is legendary in this area, as are the Bulls--not within the realm of big league (or even big university) athletics, not for "winning," but more a matter of local identity, local tradition. The film Bull Durham.... hello? It is also where Clay sang the National Anthem for the first time on national television, so to speak, via American Idol. For him to do this will generate a lot of attention in the local media, if attention is what fans are interested in. Someone will capture it all, Scarlett is probably booking a flight as we speak. So fans will get to see photos and video and "miss Clay" less for a day, and also criticize his hair and his clothes, and stalk the internet and the real world trying to find out who Clay is schtupping at the moment.

Hey, Clay's coming out to play. Isn't that what people have been begging for?

If people are always all about status and fame and "cultural relevance" when it comes to Clay, then bless their hearts. That's what makes them happy. But Clay singing at DAP is culturally relevant to my world and maybe to more people than they realize.

If Clay's going to stay around here, and raise a family here, he needs to be a part of the fabric of local life, not some recluse holing up in a mansion in a swamp.

Road trip?

I wish....

jmh, I like the way you think.

As for Clay, I think he's happy, and I think he'll sing wonderfully, and I look forward to the clack!

Road trip?

Oh so tempting.... But tomorrow night, golly, not much notice. Ponders.....

Oh wait, it's Monday. Ponders.....

Oh Clack gatherers...

Press Releases

Share May 04, 2011

For Immediate Release

Matt DeMargel

(919) 687-6516

WIN A KEVIN COSTNER AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALL, LUXURY SUITE AT THE DBAP

The Durham Bulls today announced details of a contest with one of the largest guaranteed prizes of the 2011 season involving fans, Facebook, photos and the inaugural Back to the DAP game presented by Measurement Incorporated on Monday, May 9th.

Fans are encouraged to take photos at the Durham Athletic Park on Monday night when the Bulls take on the Indianapolis Indians and then post them on the Bulls' official Facebook page that evening. The person who took the best photo of the night, as determined by "likes" on the facebook page and the Durham Bulls staff selection, will win an authentic Kevin Costner Autographed Baseball and a 20-person suite for a game at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park during the 2011 regular season.

"This should be a lot of fun," Durham Bulls General Manager Mike Birling said, "The DAP is an iconic stadium, so there should be some great photo's posted to Facebook. Now they can win a pretty good prize for doing so."

Fans can enter a maximum of five photos each and all photos must be uploaded at the official Durham Bulls Facebook Page no later then noon on Tuesday, May 10th. The winner of the prize will be announced on Thursday, May 12th.

For questions, call the Durham Bulls media department at (919) 687-6156.

www.dbulls.com

jmh I loved your post; you said exactly what I was thinking. Hoping we get some kind of clack of this!

4 Days until Clay is singing the SSB at DAP! :yahoo:

FOD Video Premier this month! :yahoo:

80 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

In OFC News: The new feature talked about will be introduced next week!

Kim

I absolutely understand this. It's not a come down at all. It's quite a meaningful happening within this area. Why?

Durham Athletic Park is legendary in this area, as are the Bulls--not within the realm of big league (or even big university) athletics, not for "winning," but more a matter of local identity, local tradition. The film Bull Durham.... hello? It is also where Clay sang the National Anthem for the first time on national television, so to speak, via American Idol. For him to do this will generate a lot of attention in the local media, if attention is what fans are interested in. Someone will capture it all, Scarlett is probably booking a flight as we speak. So fans will get to see photos and video and "miss Clay" less for a day, and also criticize his hair and his clothes, and stalk the internet and the real world trying to find out who Clay is schtupping at the moment.

Hey, Clay's coming out to play. Isn't that what people have been begging for?

If people are always all about status and fame and "cultural relevance" when it comes to Clay, then bless their hearts. That's what makes them happy. But Clay singing at DAP is culturally relevant to my world and maybe to more people than they realize.

If Clay's going to stay around here, and raise a family here, he needs to be a part of the fabric of local life, not some recluse holing up in a mansion in a swamp.

jmh123, that has to be one of the best posts I've ever read on a Clay message board. Word to every word! smile.gif

Thanks y'all. :hug: Just read on another board that they are all sold out already except for the lawn.

P.S. Just remembered I was going to add an addendum to my post last night about dog names, but couldn't think of the right wording. Something about the fact that Clay doesn't have any dogs named Cary. :cryingwlaughter: