#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:GM_FCA:

Going to be gone all day..going to the Reaching Forward Conference..this is held every year for libraries..it is a lot of fun...you get to go to different programs and get breakfast and lunch...going to be a long day, but enjoyable. The library always gets a limousine to take us up there..it is about an hour away.

3 Days until Clay is singing the SSB at DAP! :yahoo:

FOD Video Premier This Month! :yahoo:

79 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow, aikim! My college has staff that attend the South version of that conference (and one of our staff is on the planning committee), but no limos. That's a sweet perk for your library.

Other off-topic ramblings: 1) my microwave died last night. 13 years, which I would say is pretty good. Got one very similar, for probably half the price I paid at that time. 2) Many of you know that at my workplace, we've been without a librarian since the end of September. We've gone through 3 search committees to find the right person. Yesterday, that right person accepted the position! WOOHOO! It's a HUGE relief for all of us, and some things will definitely get much better.

On-topic ramblings: I think it's really neat that Clay's going to be singing the SSB near the anniversary of the time he did this in 2003. (Is it actually on the same day?) I also hope that someone with a video camera is going to be able to catch it for those of us who can't make it. Did anyone here get tickets? Or are getting lawn seats just to be there?

I'm back! Very long day but enjoyable! We had to be at the library at 6:00 a.m. to catch the limo and got the convention hall at 7:00...we were a tad early..they were still setting up! They actually asked us if we were volunteers. I went to three programs..one on Vintage Cookbooks which is right up my alley..another on bookmobiles..we don't have one at our library, but what a great way to reach the community and the third on Collection Development. Very informative day and we had lasagne for lunch, I am still stuffed.

Going to take a hot bath and get comfy..probably will be asleep early tonight.

Saw a tweet over on CV that Clay was at Broughton High School in Wake County today..wonder what he was doing?

Kim

Now that's something if he ever did I think I would be sad about. It would mean to me that he doesn't have enough faith in his music/entertainment career to keep it going year-round. :( I'm not suggesting that he is, but just a thought for so many years down the line...

OT: Is there anyone else here who would squee and eee with me over playoff hockey to start up a thread for discussion?

Now that's something if he ever did I think I would be sad about. It would mean to me that he doesn't have enough faith in his music/entertainment career to keep it going year-round. :( I'm not suggesting that he is, but just a thought for so many years down the line...

OT: Is there anyone else here who would squee and eee with me over playoff hockey to start up a thread for discussion?

I was j/k :hug:

I would discuss the hockey coughSharkscough playoffs.

I was j/k :hug:

I would discuss the hockey coughSharkscough playoffs.

Oh I figured but my mind wandered in that direction.

Ugh Sharks. :tongue09: Here, we can start the trash talking off main. :lol:http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=761

:GM_FCA:

Fell asleep on the couch about 8:30...I really needed that good sleep..feeling much better today..I was so exhausted last night.

Speculation is that the High School Band will be playing at the baseball game with him and perhaps he was meeting with them..that makes sense to me. Or maybe he has friends that teach there. I think it would be hard for Clay to go back to teaching now.

2 Days until Clay is singing the SSB at DAP! :yahoo:

78 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

Wow, no posts since this morning....

It's been a long but good day for me and hubby. We started the morning by walking with approximately 20,000 others in the local Race for the Cure. Next, haircuts -- and for me, highlights as well. Then we went and got new phones! That took most of the day, actually. Hee. And finally, dinner out. Needless to say, I'm exhausted, but I want to play with my new phone!

Topic: sorry, Clay, but I didn't get an iPhone.

What phone did you get.

I went to a women's health fair today. Got some good information and lots of swag LOL.

I have no idea what it is but my niece said she heard something about Clay Aiken ... "And I thought of you auntie"

Congrats on the new phone ldyj! I worked in the yard a bit, fertilized the rose bushes and put in new mulch, it looks nice. Still have more mulching to do and hoping to get my spinach and lettuce in..will do that tomorrow if it is nice. First breakfast out in the morning with the family.

Kim

couchie, I got a HTC Droid Incredible 2. This is my first Android based phone, and I'm having a blast downloading apps and such. Once again, hubby and I got the same phones, but we'll have them personalized in no time flat. I need to get a few Clay songs on it, so I can make ringtones!

I need to get my gardening going. I look forward to fresh tomatoes in July/August!

Good Morning everyone and Happy Mothers Day.

Went out yesterday for our first bike ride this year. Did 20 miles and got the kinks out of the bike. Something always has to be fixed the first time. Today we are going to do 40 miles, that is if my butt can handle it. Then to my sons house for dinner.

I am a horrible gardner, went out and pulled the wild onions out of my flower bed this week. That is about as far as I get.

:GM_FCA:Happy Mother's Day to those celebrating today; special memories to those whose mother's are no longer with us..to Grandma's and Aunts and those who nurture and make a difference!

Speaking of making a difference:

From louemma70 at CV: I just heard from a friend in Raleigh that Clay volunteered at the Food Bank today!

1 Day until Clay is singing the SSB at DAP! :yahoo:

77 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

ETA: Lou just clarified at CV that it was not Clay but her friend's son..she misunderstood; sorry about that.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here!! :hug:

I kinda did Mother's Day for my Mom on Friday, but that doesn't rule out a possible dinner out this evening, which I think would be nice. :)

I spent yesterday afternoon at the house helping out with a few things. It'll be nice once we have this estate sale stuff finished. It's so much work! Then in the evening I went to a friend's for a party and ended up staying up till 4am having a great debate/discussion with a couple of the guys. lol Definitely a bit on the tired side today...

HMD1a.gif

Have a very special Mother's Day, FCA! This is the "card" that Kai and Lia asked me to send their Mom. :)

The Ultimate Idol numbers are discouraging, but we know they are meaningless in determining the winner. Clay Aiken has been the Ultimate Idol since 2003!

The current Carolina blog is dedicated to Mother's Day. Fortunately, Mama Mac, my mother, provided me a lot of good material during her 93 years. Her favorite CA song was BOTW. Please feel free to share a memory or story about your Mom there, too.

This is a third of a Mother's Day piece I included:

FOR MOTHERS

This is for mothers who sit up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, saying, 'It's okay honey, Mommy's here.'

Who sit in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who can't be comforted.

For mothers who run carpools, make cookies, and sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who don't.

This is for mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors.

And for the mothers who freeze their buns on metal bleachers at football or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their cars. And when their kids ask, 'Did you see me, Mom?' they say, 'Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world,' and mean it.

Happy Mother's Day Sunday, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Having a wonderful day so far...breakfast..yummy strawberry crepes, hash browns and bacon; then off to get mulch and some plants and spent the rest of the morning gardening. Lettuce, mint and basil are planted..still need to get the spinach in..maybe next weekend if it is nice. Stopped at the cemetery on the way home to wish my Mom a happy Mother's Day...my parents are buried in an old Lutheran Cemetery with other family members and sad to say it is not kept up well...need to go back do a little tending around the grave marker.

Just been enjoying the day..beautiful sunshine today and it has been nice just sitting outside enjoying it.

Kim

Happy Mother's Day to all!

That is a very lovely piece, Caro!

Unfortunately, today is a bittersweet day for me. I'm holding it together the best I can and trying to stay busy but it's really hard. To say it is tough not knowing where or what when it comes to the child you bore and were so devoted to, raising, loving and caring for is an understatement. My only child :(

I hope all who struggle with this day are finding comfort somehow as well! :hug:

Happy Mother's Day to Jaymes and Faye also. Without whom there would be no Clay or Clay's son, Parker :wub:

ETA - Thank you , Kim, shortyjill :hug:

Treenuts :hug: to you..we really need to remember that this isn't always a happy day for some...I was reminded of this went I logged on to Facebook and saw a post from my daughter's friend who lost her Mom at age 16 and when I think of my own Mom who has been gone for 15 years and how I wish we could have had a better relationship. I hope someday you will be able to re-connect with your child.

Kim

treenuts :hug:

The friend whose place I spent the night, she lost her mom 4 1/2 years ago (and we're about the same age) and when I saw her this morning to say goodbye, remembered it's Mother's Day but she wouldn't get to celebrate it with her mom. I didn't say anything but gave her a big hug when I left. Another friend of mine a few years younger than me lost her mom too a couple years back. :(

I'm so grateful for my mother. She's the only one I'll ever have and the only parent I've ever had. I think she's had it a bit rough today too seeing as her mom passed away just under a year ago.

{{{{{{{{{{{treenuts}}}}}}}}}}}}

I've been trying to keep myself busy today, in order to keep my mind off missing my Mom. Didn't always work. Anyway, I've been doing things like getting my car washed, buying and planting a few plants (got the flowers planted plus a pepper plant, the tomatoes and the squash will have to wait), and laundry. I've also been playing with my phone -- sorry couchie, I just discovered that it can do Gmail chat, and I was at the car wash at the time!

Now it is relax time, along with the finale of the Amazing Race!

Faye Parker -- thanks for giving birth to two incredible sons. Jaymes -- I hope you and Parker had a great day!

Unfortunately, today is a bittersweet day for me. I'm holding it together the best I can and trying to stay busy but it's really hard. To say it is tough not knowing where or what when it comes to the child you bore and were so devoted to, raising, loving and caring for is an understatement. My only child :(

I hope all who struggle with this day are finding comfort somehow as well! :hug:

Happy Mother's Day to Jaymes and Faye also. Without whom there would be no Clay or Clay's son, Parker :wub:

treenuts, I really feel for you. I hope your child someday realizes the grief you are suffering as a result of his/her actions.

I was fortunate to have my oldest son for a week and a half. He cooked for us several times and helped me get rid of some construction materials. But my youngest son sent me an ecard and again I won't see him despite living 2 miles from us because of his wife.

treenuts, I really feel for you. I hope your child someday realizes the grief you are suffering as a result of his/her actions.

I was fortunate to have my oldest son for a week and a half. He cooked for us several times and helped me get rid of some construction materials. But my youngest son sent me an ecard and again I won't see him despite living 2 miles from us because of his wife.

Fear: I am so sorry you are having to deal with the issues with your DIL...I wish your son could see that she has problems and needs help and not let her come between you and your family. How is Mr. Fear doing?

Kim

:starhugs: to all!

Off to dinner now, so I will miss the finale of the Amazing Race. Oh well. I'm glad my cousin came up again. He makes me laugh. Thank god!!!

Saw this posted at CC. I hope someone can cap it! -

On the 6:00 WRAL TV news, there was a short segment on Clay's upcoming SSB. The teasers mentioned the game at the historic DAP and a celebrity who would be there. . The story showed a clip of Clay at the JBT in Cary, singing and rocking out in that great black jacket. He looked so great!! They also mentioned Spamalot, I think. It was a great promo!! Made him look like the star he is!

I bet it might be repeated at 11:00, if anyone wants to watch.

What a nice, unexpected treat to come home to! I had just gotten home from work and we were eating and watching the news.

He was yummy!

*sniff* I miss him so.