#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

I SO hope Clay is in town watching plays in preparation for a starring role on Broadway.

I already have my suitcase packed.

I'm with you wandacleo. I think that's probably where he is heading in his career. He seems to have fond memories of his stint in Spamalot and I'm sure he has many friends in NYC. I'm trying to remember, but I think in our M&G he was complaining about the high cost of hotels in NYC during the discussion of selling his home. Sounded like he's pretty frugal which is an attribute I admire. But if he is destined for Broadway I wwonder if he'd rather have a smaller home in Raleigh and also have a condo in NYC?

I'm enjoying this quiet time as I seem to get a lot more done at home. Cleaning the garage is on the agenda today, but my legs are so sore from zumba this morning I needed a little break.

ETA: With the dreck on tv, I'm looking forward to a few montages. Thanks Caro.

From Facebook:

Clay Aiken

A little fill in the blank fun for you... "The one song I so wish Clay would cover is __________________________!"

43 minutes ago · 10336 · Like ·

From Facebook:

Clay Aiken

A little fill in the blank fun for you... "The one song I so wish Clay would cover is __________________________!"

Anything by The Doors..Light My Fire (tight leather pants required); Touch Me (Come on, Come on), Riders on The Storm

Kim

ETA: When did this fandom lose its sense of humor? Think I will stay here tonight.

Even after all this time there is never any humor involved when the word COVER is used LOL.

Did h

I love "Light My Fire" ... But I would still love him to give Careless Whisper a shot. Did he ever do this one at all at stump the band or is that just my imagination.

Even after all this time there is never any humor involved when the word COVER is used LOL.

Did h

I love "Light My Fire" ... But I would still love him to give Careless Whisper a shot. Did he ever do this one at all at stump the band or is that just my imagination.

Nope he never did..go post it on Facebook!

Kim

Funny, I thought of that one after a while! And actually I never knew Careless Whisper was a cover till just the other day. I only knew the song because Seether did a really good alt rock version. :)

There's songs I'd like to hear the "Clay version" of but of course I can't think of any when put on the spot...

From Facebook:

Clay Aiken

Anything by The Doors..Light My Fire (tight leather pants required); Touch Me (Come on, Come on), Riders on The Storm

Kim

ETA: When did this fandom lose its sense of humor? Think I will stay here tonight.

2003?

From Facebook:

Clay Aiken

Kim

2003?

cryingwlaughter.gif

Kim

Tee hee!

Hey all - my life has been a titch busy, but what can I say? Cat poop (dear lord, I swear I'm ordering the citikiti) and covers - that'll pull me in every time!

I'd rather "One More Try" than "Careless Whisper". Or "Pour Some Sugar on Me". Or a live version of "As Long As We're Here". 'Cause I'm easy like that.

From Facebook:

Clay Aiken

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

:whistling-1:

Thanks for the goodies, aikim & caro! Wish he would come out to play with us.

But in the meantime - workworkwork, baseball (what the hell is goin' on with Brian Wilson?!?) and I absolutley LOVED the season finale of The Mentalist!!

Oh wow, do you think Team Clay knew what they were getting into with that question? :cryingwlaughter: I haven't left here much lately but I can imagine some of the responses. :whistling-1: Early on during this journey, I used to say I wanted to hear Clay sing every song ever written and I still stand by that statement. I second One More Try. And I'm still hoping we get to see/hear him sing Not Supposed To Love You Anymore and I Know How The River Feels live.

I'm biding my time lately, waiting for the rains to subside long enough, so that I can plant my gardens. I went out and attempted to turn some of the soil yesterday evening, during a brief sunny patch we had, and it's still like playing in the muck. :(

Tee hee!

Hey all - my life has been a titch busy, but what can I say? Cat poop (dear lord, I swear I'm ordering the citikiti) and covers - that'll pull me in every time!

I'd rather "One More Try" than "Careless Whisper". Or "Pour Some Sugar on Me". Or a live version of "As Long As We're Here". 'Cause I'm easy like that.

Yes to ALAWH. I have always loved that song. Where I Draw the Line too. But for oldies, he sang some great songs during the JBT. That was a classic tour. I doubt that Clay, Quiana, Angela or Jacob could do one like that again. The energy that tour had and outdoors in the summer. I don't think I could sit through it either. :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest, good luck with the garden. We haven't had too much rain, just enough to keep the plants moist.Pulled out the last of my potatoes yesterday. I have a raised bed so the garden doesn't get so wet. Also easier on my old back. Have you heard about raising veggies in straw or hay bales. I think you have to prep them for several days. One of my friends had good sucess with that. She also did a lot of container gardening.

:GM_FCA:

Hitting the road in a bit; nice day out there..sunshine and supposed to be in the 70's.

FOD Video Premier this month! :yahoo:

67 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I just heard the forecast....warming up today, chance of showers, sunny tomorrow, rain Sunday and our holiday Monday. Ok, maybe tomorrow is my day! ;) Baseball tonight for my son's team, so I hope the weather holds. So far so good.

I checked out the comments on Facebook and there were no nasty ones anyways, so that is good. I am sure some of the boards are a bit different.

Greetings from Iowa (and my iPad, excuse any typos...). I still want Clay to sing "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House, but I like Kandre's choice of "Pour Some Sugar On Me!". Hee.

Rainy here today. Bleah.

And I figure the words "cover" will freak some people out....

Thank you LUCKIEST 1, I love "I KNOW HOW THE RIVER FLOWS.

Back from my MIL's...it was beautiful down there..in the 80's; we went to an Estate Sale at my SIL's MIL's house...bought some towels and doilies and a tablecloth. Went out to lunch and just enjoyed the day. Nice having all the windows open in the house. Picking up Austin tomorrow morning at 8:30 to spend the week-end.

Kim

Off to pick up the grandbaby in a bit; we are having him the whole week-end..kind of overcast right now..they were not predicting rain until this evening so I hope it holds off.

64 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

Have fun aikim. Looks like you passed the grandparents' test to have him the whole weekend.

I'm beginning to think that the FOD thing was a figment of our imagination. :cry4: There are only 10 more days in May. I guess I'll just continue working on the garage. How many types and sizes of nails can one man buy?

austin says hi...we are sitting at the computer..he likes watching.

nails...your hubby sounds like mine..every nail possible.

:GE_FCA:

With Season 10 coming to a close next week, today's Carolina On My Mind is featuring the two most viewed Idol Finales, 2 and 5, both of which Clay played a key role. I incorporated a montage by SueReu for AI2, a video and Sally's graphic from AI5.

I noticed that deemer has been reporting from Fan Fest at CV. Scarlett has been my "stringer" today, sending photo updates from York, PA, all afternoon. Currently, there are eight clickables (including Scarlett holding her own caricature) in the blog with more to come. Faye is the guest speaker at tonight's dinner for this National Inclusion Project fundraiser, and I believe there will be video.

Thank you for your comments, tweets, etc., that support the blogs!

Have a great weekend, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

I'm beginning to think that the FOD thing was a figment of our imagination. :cry4: There are only 10 more days in May.

And still 10 more chances for Clay's video to show up. :) I'm not giving up hope yet!

I had an interesting day.... ended up taking "a walk in the woods" in completely the wrong clothing and shoes. Never again. I did good on the shopping front though! That's what matters, right? *g*

Beautiful day here this morning; contemplating taking Austin outside for a bit if I can figure out how to open up the stroller, LOL! He was up a couple of times last night, but went right back to sleep after a bottle and diaper change.

63 Days until Clay is on DDD! Yahoo.gif

Kim