#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Oopsie--I just deleted Aikim's post because I was going to correct the coding and then realized it was identical to yours. So, now your post makes no sense. Everyone, please imagine a beautifully coded post identical to ldyj's and directly following it, posted at exactly the same time, down to the second.

And, :Iluvclaysbutt:

Instead of bleary-eyed admin stuff that I should never do before noon, I should answer the question, duh. Spamalot is currently at the DPAC (not to be confused with the DAP or the DBAP. Clay just appeared at the DAP to sing the National Anthem, but during Idol he did so at the DBAP.) The DPAC is the Durham Performing Arts Center, which was built (among many other reasons) to accommodate official Broadway tours. At the Memorial Auditorium, oops the Progress Energy Center in Raleigh, the North Carolina Theatre Company stages their own versions with a combination of local talent and equity actors, as does Playmakers Theatre in Chapel Hill, where Clay (and lilyshine and I, not on the same night alas) recently saw Big River. But I see by the Raleigh group's website that they now also host some Broadway Tours. I think the issue was that the stage isn't big enough to accommodate some of the tours--not to mention that Durham has been revitalizing its downtown for quite some time now, and the DPAC is a centerpiece that was just completed a few years ago.

Here's what they say on their website about themselves:

From Greensboro to Durham, Chapel Hill to Cary and Raleigh east to the coast, DPAC has become the world class entertainment venue for the Triangle region. DPAC has sold out over 100 shows including musical acts Leonard Cohen, Steely Dan, and Harry Connick Jr., comedians Bill Cosby and Robin Williams and four consecutive weeks of WICKED.

Having just opened the DPAC doors on November 30, 2008 it has been an grand adventure as DPAC grows into establishing a cultural landmark for the region. DPAC was proud to be chosen as the winner of The Independent Weekly Best of Award for Live Theatre and The Herald Sun Reader’s Choice award for Best Entertainment for both the 2009 and 2010 year. DPAC is also currently listed in the top 10 in Pollstar magazine’s Top Worldwide Theater Venues.

DPAC has presented more than 280 ticketed events since its grand opening with over 750,000 guests from the region in attendance and will present over 175 throughout the upcoming year in the Triangle. The SunTrust Broadway Series second season boasts 10,000 season ticket holders and is quickly becoming one of America’s biggest Broadway subscription series.

Nice! Kinda wonder if Clay is one of those season ticket holders?

My interview went excellent! The guy I met with said I was a perfect fit for the gallery, and all I have to do is write up a proposal stating what position I'd like to take and what days. He doesn't expect one person to be there 6 days a week, which is nice, and he's working on getting some stipends to pay the interns gas money. That sounds good enough to me! :)

Touring company in Raleigh, I think!

And great minds think alike, right aikim?

Couldn't figure out what you meant and then I read jmh's post...hee! Must be that Librarian thing!

Kim

Oopsie--I just deleted Aikim's post because I was going to correct the coding and then realized it was identical to yours. So, now your post makes no sense. Everyone, please imagine a beautifully coded post identical to ldyj's and directly following it, posted at exactly the same time, down to the second.

And, :Iluvclaysbutt:

Down to the SECOND? Gosh, are we good, or what!

My interview went excellent! The guy I met with said I was a perfect fit for the gallery, and all I have to do is write up a proposal stating what position I'd like to take and what days. He doesn't expect one person to be there 6 days a week, which is nice, and he's working on getting some stipends to pay the interns gas money. That sounds good enough to me! :)

Very cool shortyjill! I hope this works out for you, and you enjoy it!

I'm glad Clay was out and about last night, enjoying Spamalot! Gosh.

:GM_FCA:

58 Days until Clay is on DDD! Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Gonna be a slow weekend? :whistling-1: I'm hoping to get the skylights on the roof washed, if it stops storming around here, but no big eating plans.

That internet video with Clay should be appearing soon. Shouldn't it? That would make for a great weekend.

Definitely a slow weekend here..... no Memorial Day weekend plans whatsoever. Might go to Kohl's and get shorts. Might go see the new Pirates movie with a friend. That's about it, unless someone happens to throw a party. Ho hum.

Going to my MIL's tomorrow but other than that no plans..just hoping it warms up so I can get my garden in..seems like I have been saying that forever, but the weather just is not cooperating on the week-ends when I am home.

57 Days until Clay is on DDD! Yahoo.gif

Kim

Nothing much going on here either. I just colored my hair for the first time since Nov. or Dec. At that time I had not been able to find my favorite shade anywhere (it isn't in stores anymore) so I used some "10 minute" semipermanent color I'd picked up. It was terrible for my hair, turned it into straw, and was, as is usually the case for me, permanent. After that fiasco, I ordered a bunch of my favorite shade online (why didn't I think of that before?) but waited for my hair to sort of recover. Well, and truth is, I usually only color my hair about twice a year anyway. The color I use is almost exactly my natural shade, except with a gold tone instead of silver. It doesn't show much growing out, or at least I pretend it doesn't, but it hits a certain point when it is clearly two-toned and needs redoing. Then I procrastinate. But I woke up this morning and finally did it. Hooray. Now I have to wait until it's time to rinse it out. Takes about an hour.

What else might I do today? Maybe some unpacking? Cleaning? Organizing? More procrastinating? :cryingwlaughter:

Back from the garden center, bought some tomatoes and strawberries and a parsley plant...my basil is already in and the oregano I planted last year came back as does my chives. Now just need to get it all planted. Also need to plant some more bean seeds and I have watermelon seeds to plant. I found a bush variety that does not take up a large amount of space..so giving it a try. We have planted watermelon before and have had some success. Looking forward to heading to the Farmer's Market's around here, we have a couple of good ones and get some really nice veggies..will be interesting to see what they have considering the weather we have been having and around the country.

Kim

You know, as much as it's slow around here, I find it great to learn more about the people here during these times.

Me? Today has been cleaning -- which for me is usually procrastinating. *g* But today, I totally dusted, swiffered the floor and cleaned out closets in the bedroom. I think I created a new cat with the fur I picked up. (See? Procrastinating...)

I also just finished watching Chris Colfer appear on Piers Morgan last night. Very interesting, and I can't help but think of the parallels with him and Clay. He talked a great deal about fame, and how hard it is to deal with it. He talked about how he stopped Googling himself soon after Glee started, because "these people who don't know me were complaining about me." He talked about the security risks behind the scenes "that I don't talk about because I don't want people to know."

Gosh, that sounds awfully familiar to me. Or at least, I think that's how I believe Clay probably felt early on in his career. Probably still does to a point.

Now, which room in my house to tackle next? cryingwlaughter.gif

Cloudy skies or not, I planted my seeds..beans, spinach and watermelon are in; planted a cherry tomato plant and parsley. I have tomatoes and strawberries for my topsy turvey planters; hoping to get those in tomorrow. My lettuce is coming up and I have two pepper plants doing quite nicely.

I so love going out in the garden and picking veggies during the summer..nothing like a home grown tomato!

Been doing laundry too!

I always say there is a lot more we don't know, than we do so I always tend to give Clay the benefit of the doubt on things because I figure he has more information than we do. I imagine he had a lot of security risks that we don't know about and I am grateful that he has Jerome.

Kim

I always say there is a lot more we don't know, than we do so I always tend to give Clay the benefit of the doubt on things because I figure he has more information than we do. I imagine he had a lot of security risks that we don't know about and I am grateful that he has Jerome.

Kim

:word: Remember the lady who threatened his life at the OFC and then dared to show up at a concert. I think it was during the last Christmas tour. Yikes. No wonder he enjoys a little time off at home.

I did an hour zumba class this morning as well as some free weights. I usually meet a friend at the gym. Got the skylights washed. Next outside job is to pressure wash the decks but not this week. Mr Fear had a great report from his doctor and so they set up the next knee surgery on August 1. He has improved immensely in the last two weeks and can walk with one crutch as he still has one bad knee. The recovery was supposed to take six months but it has only been four. Those first three months were killer and I'm not looking forward to going through it again but if he can walk without fear of his knees giving out it will be worth it.

Kim

:word: Remember the lady who threatened his life at the OFC and then dared to show up at a concert. I think it was during the last Christmas tour. Yikes. No wonder he enjoys a little time off at home.

I did an hour zumba class this morning as well as some free weights. I usually meet a friend at the gym. Got the skylights washed. Next outside job is to pressure wash the decks but not this week. Mr Fear had a great report from his doctor and so they set up the next knee surgery on August 1. He has improved immensely in the last two weeks and can walk with one crutch as he still has one bad knee. The recovery was supposed to take six months but it has only been four. Those first three months were killer and I'm not looking forward to going through it again but if he can walk without fear of his knees giving out it will be worth it.

So glad to hear Mr. Fear is doing so well..best of luck on the next surgery.

I didn't hear about the lady at the OFC..how scary...I do remember when JP was in the audience at Cary and I so admire Clay for just going on with show..must have been quite difficult.

Kim

I also just finished watching Chris Colfer appear on Piers Morgan last night. Very interesting, and I can't help but think of the parallels with him and Clay. He talked a great deal about fame, and how hard it is to deal with it. He talked about how he stopped Googling himself soon after Glee started, because "these people who don't know me were complaining about me." He talked about the security risks behind the scenes "that I don't talk about because I don't want people to know."

Gosh, that sounds awfully familiar to me. Or at least, I think that's how I believe Clay probably felt early on in his career. Probably still does to a point.

I caught it last night when it reaired. I like Chris and thought it was a great interview. Definitely had a few "that sounds familiar" moments in there.

I remember that incident. That woman had a few mental problems, and I mean medically. She wasn't a stable person from what I had heard.

Sounds like your hubby's been doing well, good luck to him on round 2.

I don't know if it was my knees or ankles, but at one time they did give way on me. I'm actually a mess when it comes to my ankles, I think as I get older I'll probably need surgery on them to fix stuff. I've twisted them, sprained one, pulled a tendon, have worn wraps, an air cast, a regular cast, and have general problems in both. I love a good pair of heels but they can give me problems if I wear them too much and I end up in pain or with a limp. I should learn my lesson by now! lol

I spent a little too much at Kohl's, but I got some needed shorts and a few new tank tops for summer! :)

So I'm finally changing to U verse from Direct TV. They are coming out next Thursday and the only thing I'm trying to debate is whether to watch the 20 episodes of True Blood that's been sitting here forever. I guess I could do it if I started today.

Since most of our customers are foreign ships we rarely have any holidays off. We always have a small staff working and since I'm the JUNIOR food buyer I never really get any holidays off but Xmas and Thanksgiving. Those are the only days we seem to totally close down for. We do try to close down early though..usually around 1 or 2.

I don't understand our weather. We've had some nice warm sunny days this week and today it's cold and dreary again. I hope we get a real summer.

I'm finally going to break down and add some music to this shuffle. I didn't want to because I wanted another "real" ipod LOL. I miss having Clay in my ear though.

And as I posted this it starts freaking RAINING hard!

It's been overcast here all day (with a few very brief peeks of sun) but at least it's stayed dry. Thunderstorms are supposed to be heading in tomorrow and with them, much warmer temps with high humidity. So we are going to go from quite chilly to needing the AC soon. Isn't that always the way. :cryingwlaughter:

aikim, sounds like you got your garden in finally....good for you. I puttered around a bit in mine today, replanting some beets that never came up (I think that freak hailstorm washed the original seeds away), pulling weeds, planting a few more herbs, and a cherry tomato plant in a container. Our farmers market is doing quite well, lots of asparagus and herbs, and this year there is even a guy selling local organic lamb and beef. I also picked up some fresh, farmed rainbow trout which I made myself for dinner. Yummy.

It's nice to read everyone's RL adventures during off times. Good to see people still checking in. :)

Sounds like maybe I should look that Chris Colfer interview up....maybe it's on YouTube.

So has anyone seen the funny or die thing yet? Tori says this weekend. From Twitter:

QUOTE@CLAYONLY

@torianddean Hey Tori...when is the Funny or Die with CLAY AIKEN going to be on video???Claymates are getting anxious...LOL

torianddean Tori Spelling

Memorial Day Weekend in full effect! Have a good and safe one tweeps! What's everyone doing?

aikim, I saw that Tweet, but to me (and maybe I'm reading that wrong), I don't think Tori is "answering" that question. IMO she's just stating that it's Memorial weekend and everyone should had fun, blah blah blah.

I wish it would be this weekend though! I think it will happen soon! (And not just Clay's version of soon!)

Ldyj You are correct, the person who posted it realized their mistake and corrected it..guess they got too excited and didn't read carefully. Boy did we get some rain last night..poured for at least an hour, but looks like the sun will be out today.

56 Days until Clay is on DDD! Yahoo.gif

Kim

Heading to my MIL in a bit..they live in Champaign, Il which is about 2 hours away and she says it is sunny and warm there..here it is cold and foggy and threatening rain..do I dress for their weather or ours? I have decided to dress for ours..it will be chilly when we get back..hope the rain doesn't follow us down there. I am despairing of ever having a nice week-end or even seeing the sun again...this weather is truly getting depressing.

Kim

:GA_FCA:

You know, as much as it's slow around here, I find it great to learn more about the people here during these times.

ldyjocelyn, am I ever in compliance with this, LOL!

Wow, I can tell I'm behind reading at least two pages to catch up at FCA. Besides the Wake Forest visit on Tuesday RE upcoming surgery (melanoma on my shoulder), my week has literally been the topic of the new Carolina blog: Student Musicians Enjoy Butterfly-Free Recitals.

I must thank Scarlett for changing my iPhone mp4's to mp3's and for helping with Badongo, which was an extreme pain this time. Guess the last time I used it I had beginner's luck working for me. :lol:

The week began with an academy power outage that cancelled school, but we worked around that and what followed were three days of piano/violin classes featuring a variety of repertoire, original compositions, and excellent performances by my student musicians. This is the recap!

All my students/parents received a link to the Carolina blog. Your blog visits and comments will be appreciated by everyone. :twinklewhore:

I caught it last night when it reaired. I like Chris and thought it was a great interview. Definitely had a few "that sounds familiar" moments in there.

I just happened to catch this,too, and thought the same thing. I've never seen "Glee," but I sat here thinking how much this guy reminds me of Clay.

Have a very special Memorial Day Weekend, all! :friends:

Caro :listen:

aikim, dress for the weather in Champaign! The "storm" blew through here about an hour ago. We just had lots of rain and a bit of wind, but just north of us they are reporting lots of power outages. It's supposed to clear up by tonight, in time for cooking out. You will probably drive through some serious weather though -- can you wait an hour or two?

Caro, glad you're doing better. And fear, I'm very glad to hear about the success of your hubby's surgery!

Still housecleaning. Sigh.

This afternoon, one of my early musical loves, Huey Lewis, is playing with a side band not a half hour from me. However, it's at a music festival, with 20,000 people (and lots of tents and mud) there. Sorry, won't do that. However, I found out this morning that Huey's FB page is going to broadcast the show live in about 15 minutes or so. That's pretty cool.

I wonder if Team Clay would consider something like that? I could see him doing that for the last show of a tour.