#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Just home from work..hubby called for service to the fridge and they cannot get out until Monday! Just dandy..what I am supposed to do until then..can't buy anything that needs to be frozen..as it is I had to cook up chicken before it went bad and now I have to go through and toss things..I just love wasting food!

As you can tell, I am not a happy person right now!

Kim

That's the pits aikim. Do you have an ice chest you can keep milk and a few other necessities in?

It's been 95 here for the last two days and not great weather to do anything outdoors. We've had a few brown outs, after which I have to reboot the tv, set the clocks, turn the A/C back on and reset the answering machine. Technology :smack:

That's the pits aikim. Do you have an ice chest you can keep milk and a few other necessities in?

It's been 95 here for the last two days and not great weather to do anything outdoors. We've had a few brown outs, after which I have to reboot the tv, set the clocks, turn the A/C back on and reset the answering machine. Technology :smack:

Yes, we do..guess I will be buying just what we need and not a lot of extras. Cooled off here but we are expecting more 90's over the week-end. Heard they are having tornado warnings on the east coast...stay safe anyone in the area.

Kim

I'm so sorry about your daughter Lucky. That just blows!

Aikim ugh. Monday is a long way away! I wish you could send some of the sun my way though.

More cleaning tonight... Another big box of tapes out -- this time 10 year old Laker games. Geeze. I'm a freakin' pack rat.

couchie, I went searching for old home movies on VHS and I discovered 3 full boxes of tapes..,.TV shows, figure skating, music videos, sports events, etc. I haven't brought myself to throw them out yet but eventually I am going to have to. I mean, I'll never watch them again, LOL.

I can't believe how weird the weather is this year. We had a humidex of 44 C (111 F) the other day, and right now it's 11 C (51 F) out. Supposed to drop to 8 C (46 F) tonight. Crazy! But 0% chance of precipitation today, so finally, my son will get a baseball game in this evening. I'd better bring my parka and a thermos of hot tea! :cryingwlaughter:

aikim, sorry to hear about your fridge. I hate wasting food too. Living out of a cooler isn't fun, but maybe you can think of it as camping for the weekend. I'm sure that doesn't help....

:GM_FCA:

Our weather has cooled off too...70's today but then back up to the 90's by the week-end.

52 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't think I ever had a gerbil. :imgtongue: I worked today and haven't caught up. Sounds like I shouldn't bother?

I've been getting a bunch of emails all day about the NC General Assembly, who cut 1 billion dollars out of the education budget making NC 49th lowest per student amount in the country. They also cut millions out of medicaid and mental health, both of which may affect my friend of many years who has both. I'll bet Clay is sending out a few emails today too! I feel bad for the kids I tutored over the years who maybe didn't hit the jackpot as far as familial circumstances who now will not get the extra attention they need in school as a result of having larger classes.

I'm not being political, just a little angry. :grrrr:

They're cutting education dollars right and left here too, but it's all to try and help especially the Detroit Public Schools. The DPS is one of the worst rated education systems in the country and it all started with money hungry school boards and teachers taking all the money that should have gone to the schools and the kids. It left a major debt and now the only way to get out of it is to close schools, cut programs and lay off teachers.

*squeak, squeak, squeak*

Went to school right after work last night and then to bed when I got home, so I haven't been online since yesterday afternoon...poor gerbils really seem to be having a tough time of it lately..except for Jamar's who is retired and probably just enjoying laying around. A poster at CV was in contact with Vanessa at the OFC and she said they would be posting info about the video chat in a couple of weeks..looking forward to it!

51 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

Don't own any gerbils, those little things bite, you know.....I have no idea what's going on except for what's brought over here, that's the way I like it. Baseball last night was freezing, we broke out the winter coats and blankets and Starbucks hot beverages! For some reason the umpire didn't seem to know about the 2.5 hour time limit, so we left at 10:30 pm and they were only in the 5th inning....it must have gone on until midnight if they played all 9!

luckiest, we could use a little of that weather here. Although it is a little cooler today, high eighties.

I emailed five assemblymen last night who should know better and it made me feel better. I'm all for cutting excess costs but not across the board. Some parts of the state need more help than others. I hate the thought of bigger classrooms with fewer aides for the kids I tutor. Selfish I know. I'm sure Clay is upset about this also as Parker would ultimately be affected. We have some great universities also and they will have the same cuts. In Portland, OR, where my older son lives, they voted in a property tax increase so that they wouldn't have to cut the number of days that children go to school and to keep the class sizes smaller. He will pay $600. more per year and voted for it himself. I would gladly do that here, but I'm sure I would be in the minority.

Have a fantastic day.

Don't own any gerbils, those little things bite, you know.....I have no idea what's going on except for what's brought over here, that's the way I like it. Baseball last night was freezing, we broke out the winter coats and blankets and Starbucks hot beverages! For some reason the umpire didn't seem to know about the 2.5 hour time limit, so we left at 10:30 pm and they were only in the 5th inning....it must have gone on until midnight if they played all 9!

What, no Timmies? :P Hehe!

I have officially started cat sitting today... my aunt brought her cat over here in starting with prep for this weekend's sale. My cat and hers do nooot get along, so this should be fun for the next few days...

Aww too bad! Goes to show my love for them though, I got Starbucks yesterday. :blush: But only because I have a ridiculous amount of money in gift cards! I'm about ready go heat it up actually. Our big sale starts in an hour and a half and goes till 2. Then it's a family cookout dinner, and my friend's bonfire starts at 8. If I don't get a little nap in before I get out there I'm going to need some serious caffeine...guarana if I can find it. LOL

Looks to be another beautiful day..hope I can enjoy some it...homework to do and then I am baby-sitting Austin tonight..Emily says he is laughing now!

50 Days until Clay is on DDD! Yahoo.gif

Kim

After a beautiful day yesterday, we are bouncing back up into the mid ninties, so I'll do a little outside stuff this morning, head out to the gym and then work inside for the rest of the day. Have fun babysitting aikim. Sounds like you have a busy day shortyjill. :hello: to everyone!

Could today be the FOD day?

Well, well, the repairman for the fridge here is today instead of Monday..poor dog is having fits in his cage..he hates being caged up..but we can't have him out when there are strange people in the house. I think hubby would have preferred he come on Monday when I was at work..I can be uh..a bit vocal, LOL!

ETA: He just left..turns out some sort of sensor went out that will have to be replaced...probably get that by the middle of the week and we have an extended service contract so no cost to us! I like these kind of repairs!

Kim

If Timmies would steam their milk (and offer soymilk) I'd consider going back, but until then, I'm too addicted to Starbuck's chai soy lattes. ;)

We just had a thunderstorm, so here comes the warm air again....crazy weather. Don't know if my son's game tonight will get cancelled yet or not. I am trying to clean up the yard today....I called a guy to come and take away our old metal shed, so that is a big improvement. Now if I can just motivate the youngest son to cut the lawn. :cryingwlaughter:

aikim, glad the refrigerator is being repaired!

Hot and stupid here today, with storms later. Sigh. I hate hot weather.

I have no idea what a "Timmie" is. Is that bad? Hee.

OK, since it's slow...and I hate gerbil wheels...how about something as simple as this:

Name your favorite song off each of Clay's albums. I realize this may be a tough task to limit it to "one," but I'll start!

On MOAM, I'll go with "Perfect Day." That song caught me like no other on that album. Clay's vocals are great, and I love the downward bass line during the chorus. It's just a fun song, IMO.

For MCWL, it's still "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" that gets me. His vocals are so romantic on that, and I think it's a timeless version. The song gets me in the gut every time I hear it.

I love a lot of ATDW, and I had to whittle this one down to two, before finally settling on "Here You Come Again." I honestly think this would have been a great single from this album -- it's so radically different from the original version, and I think it would have caught the ear of many people. I also simply die when I hear his low "go" that is strewn through the song. Gah.

"All is Well" is from the EP of the same name. No low notes on this one, but the high ones? Amazing.

From OMWH, I'd pick "Weight of the World." I could really identify with the song, and loved the beat. It "feels" like a U2 song to me.

Finally, from TnT, I'd go with "Moon River." I'm probably biased in this regard, as I was at the Gala when he premiered this version, but his vocals are sublime on this song, and IMO, he sings with such emotion.

I'm hoping everyone "plays" -- including lurkers!

MOAM - Haven't listened to it in ages, but "When You Say You Love Me"...just a good upbeat song and I love singing to it in the car.

MCWL - O' Come All Ye Faithful Medley...he hits some notes in that song that still make my toes curl.

ATDW - Broken Wings...Just love the whole feel of the song.

AIW - All Is Well, with Emanual second.

OMWH - Everything I Don't Need

Now if you want to talk his demos...anything he sings by Motown!

Kim

This is impossible for me, so my answers could be completely different tomorrow:

MOAM - Perfect Day

MCWL - Mary Did You Know (although I like the snaps version best)

ATDW - Everytime You Go Away

AIW - Grown-up Christmas List

OMWH - Falling

TNT - Misty