#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:GM_FCA:

43 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I spent the morning at the library practicing "The Three Little Pigs" with my friend Margaret for class Tuesday night..we are doing storytelling and that is the story we chose. You wouldn't think it would be so hard to tell a simple story, but trying to figure out who would tell what parts and who be the wolf and who would be the pigs was a challenge..I think we finally got it done..we even sat at the computer and wrote a script!

Then we had to pick out 3 books for another project..Storytime where we read a book and do an activity. I found a really cute book called David's Drawing which is about teamwork..David starts drawing a picture of a tree and as the story goes along, each of his friends add to the picture and in the end it becomes not just David's Drawing but a Class Drawing. I am going to bring paper and crayons and since we only have 8 people in the class have one person start the drawing and then pass it along to the next one and at the end of class see what kind of drawing we have! I think it will be fun!

I was really worried about all these storytelling projects in the beginning, but now I am looking forward to them.

Clay content: I can just see Clay laying on the floor coloring with Parker!

Kim

Slow here. But in my household? Got a haircut. Went to the grand opening of a remodeled public library in our area (which is beautiful). Napped a little. Hubby grilled brats for dinner. Now watching a DVD we checked out of the library -- performances from a show called "The Old Grey Whistle Test," which was a British music show, 1960's through 1970's or so. Fascinating music history.

OK, so I've been reminiscing a bit today, and it has to do with our photograph tourney we held back in 2009. I'm thinking we need to do this again....but I can't figure out how to do it right now. Have people select two-four pictures, send them to me, and then when we hit 64 pictures, then the tourney starts? Any restrictions on the pictures? Or should we just have 32 pictures -- makes the tourney shorter?

Just thinking aloud here. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be willing to put it in to practice and run the tourney.

Anyone else have any suggestions for some Clay "fun" (heh) during this time?

I've been busy the last couple of days. Doing what? Let me see. My volunteer job, very busy last couple of days. About to go do some more, but fun stuff only--that's my rule. (I want to create a newsletter template to use in AcyMailing in Joomla to make a printed newsletter out of Joomla news items.) All the china and glassware is unpacked, and the china is in the china cabinet. A few more glasses yet to wash. (Hadn't been washed in years!) A colleague invited me out to dinner tonight with a couple of other people I know--that was fun. A little awkward as this kind of thing can be when people are new to each other, but fun. Still feeling scattered, as I am multitasking and I suck at that. I end up getting nothing done. OK, maybe not nothing. I've sent two emails since I started writing this. Now three. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, I thought of a favorite performance!!! Lover All Alone in Canandaigua, with the rain pouring down, DCAT '07.

Craziest thing I've ever done--hmmmmm...... Decide one day to fly to Anaheim the next day to go see Clay during the AI tour. I was too shy to talk to anyone but still had a blast. The theory was that this crazy deed would get Clay out of my system so I could return to a "normal" life. :rainbowsmile:

Staying up all night outside Bryant Park on the sidewalk with hundred of other women, twice, was pretty crazy but incredibly fun! Last time I made a PA Posse sign but a policeman made me take it down. The first time, I made a sign saying "Aiken's Bitches" because these folks nearby had a poster of Clay with angel wings. The angel wing people after squirming awhile asked me to take down my sign because Faye was going to drive by and would be offended.

I like the picture idea..I don't save pictures myself, but I love looking at them!

Kim

I spent part of the day hanging curtains only to realize they are five inches too short or rather I hung them 5 inches too high. Grr! I put away the ladder, the drill, the bits and screwdriver and vowed to take them down and start over again in a few days. I got laundry done, went to the gym and shopped in the drugstore buying a bunch of things so that I could take advantage of the 25% off everything sale. Watched a documentary tonight with Mr Fear about derivitives. Figures that a woman tried to alert them of the problem and the good old boys put her down and took away any power she had.

Tomorrow meeting a friend for breakfast, going to the gym and will try to work outside if it doesn't rain.

Ooooh, I thought of one too! Sterling Heights on the DCAT in 2007, when Angela lost her voice, and Clay and Quiana dueted on Listen. Here is a

youtube that goldarngirl and I made of it. It was so unexpected and mind-blowing!

Yesterday I drove out to the Rosy Rhubarb festival in the morning (an annual thing, had a quick visit with OntarioClayFan [Christine] and her daughter too) and puttered around the house in the afternoon and evening, with a trip to the off leash dog park at one point, while my dinner was cooking. I made a lamb tagine with a few additions that weren't called for. mmmmmmm. Here is the original recipe I followed (I substituted some Ontario stewing lamb for the stewing beef) and I also didn't have any squash in the house, so I used a combination of sweet potato, baby carrots, and part of a fennel bulb to make up the difference. Oh, I also substituted dates for the prunes. I'm not a big couscous fan so I ate it with an Indian naan bread instead. Anyone want to come over for left overs? I have 5 portions left! :twinklewhore:

42 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Oh, I thought of a favorite performance!!! Lover All Alone in Canandaigua, with the rain pouring down, DCAT '07.

Funny you should mention that. I actually asked Clay in my M&G if he remembered Canandaigua and the rain. He had no clue as to what I was babbling about. He did say he remembered Chatauqua. Close, but no cigar.

I bet Clay's memories of the last 8 years are vastly different from ours. I do wonder what his standout moments are.

JMH...ha ha I also did a last minute trek to LA for the AI2 tour. It was the first and only time I lied about what I was doing and where I was going LOL. I thought it was CRAZY! Then criss crossing the country to see Clay perform became the new normal.

I bet Clay's memories of the last 8 years are vastly different from ours. I do wonder what his standout moments are.

I so agree with this. Clay's experience of a tour and ours are two different universes that only intersect in a brief moment. Even those intersections are understood and experienced totally differently. Moments which become iconic in the fandom may not even be remembered by Clay, e.g. Did I really sing When a Man Loves a Woman?

As for the rest of the time? The intersection between Clay's universe and most of ours is practically nil. One of the many reasons the gerbil wheel of "he Should..." makes no sense to me. Speculation can be fun, but in the absence of any data, rather pointless.

I so agree with this. Clay's experience of a tour and ours are two different universes that only intersect in a brief moment. Even those intersections are understood and experienced totally differently. Moments which become iconic in the fandom may not even be remembered by Clay, e.g. Did I really sing When a Man Loves a Woman?

Yes, I can see that, and lilyshine, I think your story about talking to him about Canadaiguia is just one example. That moment of LAA is well adored by many people (me included), but if he can't remember it?

It seems to me that he's been asked a few times about this kind of thing, and it keeps changing for him as new experiences are added. Two things that I think really made a bit impression on him were things very few fans attended -- the 2003 World Series and the 2003 Miss America pageant.

As for the rest of the time? The intersection between Clay's universe and most of ours is practically nil. One of the many reasons the gerbil wheel of "he Should..." makes no sense to me. Speculation can be fun, but in the absence of any data, rather pointless.

Amen.

I've never lied to my husband about things to do with Clay...but I will admit to omitting a few details. One that I can remember is my trip to the 2004 Atlanta Christmas shows. It was only two shows, but I think I ended up buying at least 4 tickets to that show. (Upgrade fever can be a bitch...)

When I think about it, one of the craziest things I have done is travel to NYC 3 times over the space of a year to see Spamalot 10 times. I'd never been to NYC before or had any desire to visit NYC. Now I would love to go back. I hope he gives us reason soon. I'm still paying those trips off, I think. The price of tickets alone (me plus at least one kid most trips) was astronomical. Let's not even get started on planes, hotels and meals. :cryingwlaughter:

When I think about it, one of the craziest things I have done is travel to NYC 3 times over the space of a year to see Spamalot 10 times. I'd never been to NYC before or had any desire to visit NYC. Now I would love to go back. I hope he gives us reason soon. I'm still paying those trips off, I think. The price of tickets alone (me plus at least one kid most trips) was astronomical. Let's not even get started on planes, hotels and meals. :cryingwlaughter:

heee

For me I kinda paid as I went. But still - I put out a bunch of money over the years to do it. I don't regret 99% of it. I think if I could take one thing back it would be going back to NC for the October Charlotte/Raleigh shows. And those are some of my favorites but I had already been to east coast in the summer for Greensboro, Greenville, Charleston an bad memory..somewhere in VA. But I think when they announced the Xmas tour air tickets were already bought. I think if I had known there was a xmas show to look forward to I would have refrained. But the regrets are small because that was a good time LOL.

Went twice to NYC and as it's a city I love - NO regrets whatsoever. I have a co-worker going soon and I'm so jealous. I love that city.

I had never been to NYC before my first Spamalot trip, and in truth, didn't get to see much of the city. But the second time, when I could take my husband, we did some actual sightseeing plus seeing Spamalot. We both want to go back, there's too much to do there!

I have NO regrets with any of my Clay trips. Everything has been a blast, with lots of good music, and lots of good friends!

justclay12 bday2.gif

I have NO regrets with any of my Clay trips. Everything has been a blast, with lots of good music, and lots of good friends!

:word:

The furthest I traveled was to Las Vegas. It seems there were always plenty of shows on the East Coast. If anything, I regret never having gone to more.

Happy Birthday justclay12

:fest30:

:partytime::cake: :fest09: :2164:

Happy Birthday justclay12!

Oh I don't regret a single dollar spent! I've seen too many people get sick or die and regret that they didn't do this or that....I'm of the mindset that I might as well enjoy the things I love while I still can. :twinklewhore:

41 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Happy Birthday Justclay12 :twinklewhore:

Hey Annabear!

Sorry to hear about your present situation but Good for you for being proactive with the lawyer and making the hard decisions when necessary. Better days ahead I'm sure. :hug:

40 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Just a fast post since my daughter is breathing over my shoulder waiting for the computer...tweet sighting tonight. Clay ate a place called Humble Pie and went to see the movie Bridesmaids.

Until tomorrow!

Kim

Thanks aikim for the updates. What is Bridesmaids. Don't think I've heard of it.

My computer has been crashing on me since my nephew downloaded some sort of memory draining toolbar for his online games. I've already deleted it but it hasn't been the same since.

Today I made sure he brought his own computer over and mine if off limits.