#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Sorry couchie. Can you do a restore to before he set it up?

I think "Bridesmaids" is a movie. Don't know anything about it as I don't watch commercials on tv.

I'm thinking of getting an emachine at Costco for around $300. My old monitor works well so don't need the whole set up. Costco adds an extra year warranty for free so that comes out to less than $.50 a day for the next two years. That way I can extend the life of my laptop by not using it every day.

Hope you all have a fantastic day.

:GM_FCA:

Bridesmaids is a movie and from what I have heard, pretty funny.

39 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I saw Bridesmaids and I thought it was good, really funny! But also really raunchy too. It stars Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph from SNL.

It's my first day today, kinda nervous. I really don't know what I'll be doing there but since it's a really relaxed atmosphere with not too much to do, I'm bringing my laptop and some reading material. :) Hopefully it'll last me 6 hours, and I hope maybe I'll get to actually do a little more than that! lol

I'm almost done for my first day! I'm going to text my boss around 345 so I can hopefully get out of here around 4 and beat rush hour. Coolest thing about this job though? I'm not expected to stick around the whole time! I can leave and wander downtown... I'm gonna love this! :) I already have lunch plans made for a couple weeks from now and I can probably take my time. LOL Such a great place!

Dittoing Fear, yeah merrieeee! :twinklewhore:

:GA_FCA:

The just-uploaded Carolina blog features SueReu's This Is the Moment montage, highlighting the past eight years with Clay. Also included are June anniversaries and graphics of some of these magical moments designed by Fountaindawg, AmazingCA, and cindilu2, as well as a plug for the Clay Aiken Kids site.

Carolina On My Mind: Montage Honors Special Moments

The final portion contains an update and special thnx for all the good vibes, prayers, messages, RE Monday's melanoma surgery.

Thank you for your blog visits and comments, tweets, Facebook posts, links, all of which help with Google and other search engines on the Internet. This entry will also be posted at the OFC.

I have pinged the blog, but Google is still showing an older edition. Thnx again for your assistance. You can't imagine how many people drop by and right-click every available graphic without saying a word. I really appreciate your complimenting the visual artists, who keep us entertained while Clay is out of sight. :)

Happy 400th Week, MOAM! :dancetom:

Have a wonderful week, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

I got my Clay goodies too! Hubby wanted to know what I ordered...took me a minute it out..saw groundctrl and I honestly couldn't remember who they were...bad Clay fan, LOL!

Glad you like your job, shortyjill!

Nice to see you posting Caro!

Kim

QUOTEFrom Oklahoman at the CC:

For those interested I heard from Vanessa at the OFC.....they are almost ready to announce the date and time for the video chat...length probably one hour, questions will probably be submitted before the chat and yes, they will put it up on the OFC so people who miss it can still view it. That's all I got.

QUOTEFrom Oklahoman at the CC:

For those interested I heard from Vanessa at the OFC.....they are almost ready to announce the date and time for the video chat...length probably one hour, questions will probably be submitted before the chat and yes, they will put it up on the OFC so people who miss it can still view it. That's all I got.

Another yeah! Didn't get my OFC package yet though.

shortyjill, sounds like a great gig!

I too got my box of goodies today. I like it! The magnet is now on my refrigerator, and I love that picture on it.

The video chat will be interesting, glad it's going to be coming along very soon!

Thank you guys for the birthday wishes. Hadn't been reading the boards too much lately. There for awhile it was because I got a rare energy spurt and did a bunch of cleaning. Past week though has been because I started back with a chiropractor this week and he's been torturing for the past two days. Found out that I have some bulging discs in my neck and some bone spurs. It was a wake-up call for me though because I'd tried to ignore the fibromyalgia, which is why my neck and back got out of alignment in the first place.

Craziest things I did for Clay had to do with Spamalot. I'd always gone with someone else on my Clay trips but none of my family or friends could afford to go to NYC and pay for the tickets and food and hotels, etc. So I contacted someone I'd met at the ATDW's cd release party in Baltimore and asked her if she knew anyone who wanted to go with me. She told me about someone and I drove to Baltimore to pick up a stranger to drive with me to NYC, a place I had never been before, and shared a hotel with her. Good thing she was a nice lady and not an axe murderer.

The other time was partly due to Clay and partly because I was having so much fun with my new Clay friends. That was at Clay's final show in Spamalot, when I'd parked over in NJ and taken the ferry in. Since it was an early show, I thought I'd go to the restaurant and visit and have plenty of time to take the ferry back. Instead, I was enjoying myself so much that it was really late and I wasn't sure if I could still get the ferry back and I had no place to stay. Thankfully for my savior Couchie, she offered to share a bed with me, where I also met Perma, who was also wonderful.

ldyj, there is no way I could pick only one song from any of Clay's cd's, so can't answer that question but I can say that one of the best live performances of Clay's for me was being at BBH. Clay looked amazing, and not only was he funny but so were all the others up there with him, and I absolutely loved almost all of the songs sung that night. Some of them I'd heard before but other than MTK and WKOFAI, I'd never heard the songs Clay had sung before. Well except for him singing TITM before, and I loved them all, and I'm not one that normally falls in love with songs right away. Now if I'd been at the gala the year he sang RHW and EIDN or the one where he had the beard and auctioned the rings, I might have answered differently.

And Aikim, your grandbaby is adorable.

38 Days until Clay is on DDD!

Yahoo.gif

Kim

Just checking in to see whats new. On a bike tour and it is raining out so I am in the tent on my computer. Yesterday was nice and we rode. It is hilly here than where we live, so climbing at 10% grade is work. The weather the rest of the week is supposely going to be nice.

Check in when I can.

37 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

GBMIFAN is in a tent somewhere riding her bike goodness knows where and I don't want to crawl out of bed on a Friday!

JustClay ... so proud to be part of your crazy. No way we were leaving you on the streets of NYC wandering around ha ha.

I think almost all of us can say we slept with strangers. It comes with the job.

Treenuts and I are going to the A's game on Sunday. Whoo hoo. Well for her it's a Giants game. Hope MY team wins - I think they are on some sort of double digit losing streak.

I would LOVE to do a bike tour! The only thing I'm missing is the bike. :cryingwlaughter:

It's a gorgeous day here in the D... I have just a couple hours left and I'm outta here to start a crazy weekend! :) Shopping, baby shower, surprise party, sleepover. Good stuff!

From CC, the Clay mention is at the very end of the video. She says Clay was a blast.

QUOTE (notacanuck @ 17 June 2011 - 05:59 AM) post_snapback.gifKate Levering mentions Clay in this video interview with The Futon Critic. Small but nice mention.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/0...10617_levering/

Who would have thought I would be taking a college course and doing kindergarten crafts. Have to make a display board; since I collect Little Golden Books, I decided to do mine on that. I have a reference book on them, so have been making copies (thank God I have a color copier!) of the pages with the books and I am going to cut them out and put around my poster board as a frame. My daughter already painted a border for me. Then I have pages on the history I have laminated to go inside the frame. It is due Tuesday, but I am trying to get it done now so I don't have to spend all week-end on it. Lots of pasting to do!

Oh yeah, my Cubbies beat the Yankees today! Color me shocked..they have been having a really crappy season and I was expecting the worst!

Kim

Good pasting,aikim. Sounds like a fun course.

My oldest son just closed on a house last week and is asking all sorts of decorating questions. He has an 18' wall of windows in his living room and was asking what to put up on the windows. Since it's not that great a view he wants to close them part of the time. I was able to find a traverse rod that will cover half the window so he could use two of them. I suggested he get someone to make the drapes and hang the rod instead of doing it himself. But since the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I'm sure he'll do it himself. :cryingwlaughter:

Pulling this from Openly Clay, something I've not seen before today.

A May 2nd tweet from Curtis Scott Brown that said:
Gearing up for a shoot with Sir @ClayAiken - then a long day ahead! First day of boot camp! WOOT WOOT!

Curtis Scott Brown is a photographer based in Raleigh. Wonder what that was all about?

aikim, good luck with the project. I remember Little Golden Books fondly, specifically "The Pokey Little Puppy."

Fear, I second jmh's suggestion of blinds -- probably with that height, I'd say vertical blinds.

Interesting, because as we know Clay hates photo shoots...must be something important. :cryingwlaughter: I like that he called him Sir. :)

I've not been feeling well this past week, but today is the weekend and so far so good. I'm hoping to go to the farmer's market and do some grocery shopping today, and maybe get back to cooking. It's been a sad state of affairs in this kitchen recently.