#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

He could consider blinds--you can get them made to size for a reasonable sum, depending on what material they are made of.

Thanks jmh. But his girlfriend's mom was a decorator so I don't think blinds would work for her. He helped me put up some vertical blinds when he was visiting and hated them. His mind is made up. I think if he matches the curtains to the color of the wall or at least close they won't be so obvious.

It doesn't seem like a plus to have so much window spanse but he likes the light during the day, not so much at night. Thankfully,only in this situation, we live 3000 miles apart so I don't have to help physically. I am curtain rod challanged. It's hard to believe that I used to make all my own drapes and even did some reupholstery at one time. Now I shudder at the thought of such a job. It's taking me two days to wrap up some art work he wanted. One is a pretty cheap print, the other from a semi- famous artist, I googled him, so I'm being pretty careful with it.

Have a wonderful day.

Good Morning Everyone,

Ldyj I actually have an original copy of the Pokey Little Puppy which I am going to use in my display. I will have my daughter take a picture of the whole thing so you can see.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COUCHIE! 04.gif

36 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes. I worked this morning. Just finished loading the dishwasher and am about to run some errands. Then dinner tonight with my cousin and A's game tomorrow. Treenuts I left you a message!

P.S. Did someone say photo shoot? LOL

Happy Birthday couchie!! :bdayparty2::pushingcake::bdayparty2:

Bummer you had to work. Have a great rest of the day!!

Crazy work (for no pay) week for me. DurhamClayfan is coming over to watch some clack tonight. She's computer-less so has missed a bunch of things.

Weather better now. We rode 58 miles yesterday and I thought the 10% grade was hard, well we had a 19% grade to go up and we made it!! Today we only did 44 miles but it was really hilly. Short ride tomorrow then home.

Missing Clay wish we would here something.

Happy Birthday Couchie, hope you have a great day.

Whew! Finally got my puter back, all fixed with a new hard drive and running so quietly! *hugs pc*

:dancingpickle::nanadance2::dancemexicannana: Happy Birthday, Couchie! :music::happybirthday05:

EEEEEEEEEE Giants & A's game tomorrow! Looking forward to it!!!!

Happy Father's Day, Clay :wub:

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Father's Day!

35 Days (5 Weeks!) until Clay is on DDD!

Yahoo.gif

Kim

ETA:

Possible Clay sighting:

Don't know if this person for sure saw Clay, but U2 played in Anaheim tonight and last night. the tweet is from tonight.

Lisa Kudrow, Clay Aiken, Dolph Lundgren are in the house for U2 in Anaheim right now... #U2360 #U2360ana

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Reply Retweet .KeithRusso

Keith Russo

Tonite we have seen Rick Rubin, Tom Morello, Jake Gyllenhaal,Quincy Jones, Tony Kanal, Cindy Crawford,Gina Gershon all at U2 Anaheim #U2360

about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

http://twitter.com/KeithRusso

Name Keith Russo

Location Burbank, California

Bio: Fan of the New York Yankees, Jets, Knicks. Love to travel when I can. Enjoy the Pizza, Bagels and Soccer. Where Brooklyn at?

Possible Clay sighting:

Lisa Kudrow, Clay Aiken, Dolph Lundgren are in the house for U2 in Anaheim right now... #U2360 #U2360ana

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Reply Retweet .KeithRusso

Keith Russo

Glad to see him out and about. :) I thought he said he wasn't a concert guy though? hehe!

Happy Father's Day Clay <3

Great bike trip and had a wonderful time. Worked hard on those hills but it good for me. I looke at the people who are 70-80 and can not believe they are still doing this. Hope I can.

We went to me eldest sons for FatherS Day and he gave us a gift for both of us, my part for my Birthday next month. He gave us tickets for Paul McCartney in July in Detroit. I have always wanted to see him. My husband does not like to go to concerts and knows I do so he said I should take my concert buddy with me. She will be surprised tomorrow when I call her. I sure wish we had a Clay concert this year. I miss him.

Oh, you lucky duck gbmifan! I was so excited to see a Detroit date on Paul's schedule, but then realized that was the one weekend of this summer that I already had plans out of town. So now I'm hoping he announces a Toronto concert (on a different weekend!)

:GM_FCA:

34 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Hope everyone enjoyed a special Father's Day Weekend!

You probably noticed or figured that I posted a Carolina blog on the topic. It is really tough abiding by Clay's wishes about no Parker photos, so I wrote around that, mostly about the fathers in my life and Clay's advocacy for children. The opening graphic links to SueReu's new MOAM montage.

Some readers reflected on their dads in the comments. Scarlett, in particular, linked to the amazing piece she wrote about her father in "Notes" on Facebook. :hug:

Couchie, I hope you had a wonderful birthday :04: celebration. Sorry I missed being here for the festivities.

Friday I taught my first lessons after Monday's surgery. At first, naive me planned to stay on schedule with Tuesday lessons. :lol: The "no driving for 24 hours" rule nixed that and moved the schedule to Wednesday. The way I felt bumped them to Friday.

We will stick to the Tuesday plan this week, and I return for a follow-up with the surgeon a week from today. I had quite an incision, and I hope my shoulder won't look so much like a "Halloween costume" once the stitches are removed. :)

Have an awesome new week, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Glad to hear that you are feeling good enough to teach Caro.

I shopped until I dropped yesterday. The prices are amazing. Even at Chicos it was another 35% off their sale merchandise and then I had a $30.,$10. and a 5% off coupon. I'm thinking about having a bigger closet built. :whistling-1:

I hope Clay is shopping for a new wardrobe for his next appearances, next year. I'm still hoping for a Christmas tour, at least in 2012. I'll bet his next cd will be a Christmas set :cocktail: .

33 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

I watched a download of the premiere of Drop Dead Diva last night. The episode started with a great musical number. If you haven't watched the show, it's really quite good. I look forward to Clay's episode!

Caro, glad you got through your surgery ok and are feeling a bit better.

Oh, you lucky duck gbmifan! I was so excited to see a Detroit date on Paul's schedule, but then realized that was the one weekend of this summer that I already had plans out of town. So now I'm hoping he announces a Toronto concert (on a different weekend!)

luckiest, don't know if you are aware of it, Paul McCartney will also be performing in Montreal on July 26th & 27th at the Bell Center.

I've got tickets and can't wait to see him, as I missed out the last time he was in Montreal.

Had a rough past 12 hours...from my car not being finished for today, scrambling to find someone to take me in to pick it up this morning, the general stress caused me to not sleep well (got to bed at 1230 and woke up every hour on the hour till 430), I think I'm going to need an extra large whatever I get from Tim Horton's when I order brunch.

I'm thinking I should get ready as much as possible in case I get stuck at the car shop too. I don't want to leave any later than 930 and my faith has waned slightly in thinking they could have it done by the time they open at 8am... I'm just not sure. If it's done though I'll be extremely thankful, but seeing as I specifically asked to have it done by Tuesday evening while also stressing multiple times that I need my car to drive to work on Wednesday morning, and then putting my car off till 4pm (one hour from their closing time; and in fact they "bumped me up" from another car they were going to work on first!) I feel like I should get something else out of it.

Shortyjill Can't they give you a loaner car if yours is not done?

Well, last night was interesting. I was at school and we had storms go through the area; about 8:00 they announced a tornado warning and we had to go down to the basement. They would not let us use the elevators, so being on the 4th floor we had to walk down 4 flights of stairs. Would not have been a problem normally, but last night we had a project due....a book display...so there we are schlepping down the stairs carrying poster boards and bags of books and purses and whatnot. We ended up staying down there for an hour until we got the all clear. No tornados in our area, but some did touch down west of us.

32 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim