#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Nope, it's just a small business repair shop. We went there cause the guy is our neighbor and he's done good work on my and mom's cars in the past. I'm disappointed that they couldn't get the job done on time.

We got those storms after you and were in a tornado watch till about midnight. Nothing came of that, but we got some much needed rain and a really awesome light show. I think I read there were some funnel and wall clouds out on the west side of the state though.

{{{shortyjill}}} Hope it all works out for you.

We had quite a lightning show last night, and finally the rain came after I went to bed. Still muggy out this morning and drizzly. My son, of course, has a baseball game scheduled for tonight and another one for tomorrow, so we'll see if he gets either one in.

Random but true - I freaking love Breaking Up Is Hard To Do on Tried And True. I recently put that CD back in the player in my car and listen to it to/from work. If BUIHTD comes on, I can't leave the car until I hear that last, low, glorious note. :wub:

My husband and I drove to St. Louis last night to see John Hiatt and Lyle Lovett do an acoustic show. It was a fun show -- just two guys and guitars, chatting between songs like friends. (Lyle Lovett has great comedic timing...) Anyway, we drove through some very heavy rain, but nothing major. However, I guess our home area got hit pretty well with storms. No tornadoes, though. Sorry to hear about the storm troubles others had.

Good luck Shortyjill with the car.

luckiest, I have to agree with you on BUIHTD. I would say that one ranks right up there -- the first time I heard it, I almost melted. Sigh. Such a romantic song, and he sings it so well.

I was able to get my car by them driving out and picking me up. I got home with just enough time to put on some makeup and head back out the door.. I didn't even finish my hair but that's what the air is for. I picked up a bagel and French vanilla cappuccino at the Tim Horton's from near where I park, so that should help get me through this afternoon.

luckiest, I think you have the right idea...I might have to play some Clay today. He always cheers me up. :)

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog tells a story you already know. Special thnx to Rhode Island Fan for allowing me to share her "making a difference" retirement story.

Incorporated are an overview of the National Inclusion Project's 2010 Gala and deadlines/news/links for the 2011 event. Thank you to LovesClaysVoice for her excellent 2010 Gala montage and Fountaindawg, Irishbookgal, and farouche for the visual art.

NOTE Southwest Airlines' 72-hour special on fares for travel 8/23-11/16 will retire at midnight PT Thursday, June 23. American Airlines will match the fare in some cases.

Thank you for your blog visits and comments, tweets, Facebook posts, links, all of which register with Google and other Internet search engines. This is a story we want out there about Clay as well as Clay fans, and your comments/visits will help.

Mama Mac, my mother, would have been 99 today. Her goal was a century, but she made it to 93! :hug:

Have a wonderful day, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

:hello: Just wanted to drop this off and then I'm off to p/u din-din for mom and I.

From CV -

ENews had an interview with actors from DDD....they showed the food for the cast and Crew and Margaret Chow told how when Clay was a guest star they could not have nuts on the set...and they were told if you touched nuts you could not touch Clay...and she added that is so sad....showed a picture of I believe when he gave the award with Tori Spelling...

Somehow I get a little :hubbahubba: thinkin' about Clay and nuts.....heh

Caro, I'm glad to see you are doing well!!

:starhugs: To all who need them.

OAN...my poor GIANTS :cry4:

Ok, gotta run.....

:GM_FCA:

PSA: Everyone needs to go over to the OFC and make sure you can get into chat..looks like the video chat will be soon. They have a video screen in the chat room and then the actual chat room underneath it. To get to chat, log on to the OFC; up at the top click on the tab that says "Fanclub" and in the drop down menu, click chat.

Hey Couchie....31 Days until Clay is on DDD (July 24) :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning!

Thought I'd say "Hi" before the kiddies visiting wake up (5 and 9). They are here with their dad, traveling to PA from New Orleans, their new home. Right now there are markers, crayons and beads around here. We made ice cream last night which was a big hit. I enjoyed some too (despite the ongoing diet). They'll probably leave today. But they did enjoy the wild life last night, racoons & possums, on our back porch. We had a bear sighting last week but not at our home.

I hope Clay is having a great summer. I got an email from Fay Parker encouraging us to invite others to come to the Gala to support the NIP. I wonder if anyone would be interested in donating towards a ticket for someone who couldn't afford it. Do we have anyone here who belongs to the group that donates tickets for Clay's concerts? I think they would really like new people, in addition to the regulars, to become acquainted with the organization.

Have a great day! :dancetom:

Treenuts -- where does our ticket stub get us a free personal pizza. Was it Round table?

PIZZA?? We get a free PIZZA?!?!

bwah... I guess the Giants LOSING did something to your hearing. :imgtongue:Take your ticket to Round Table and get a free personal pan pizza with one topping. You pay the tax only. If you want more toppings you pay for that.

I've never been to a gala. One of these years I'll make it. I love that it's such a tradition now.

The Warriors drafted someone named Klay. I hope he's good.

Bwah...thanks Kim LOL. Duh. heee.

Last night in the chat room at the OFC I met a woman who is just new to the fandom. She has a son with autism and came across the National Inclusion Project. Knew nothing about Clay until someone told her about his music and now she is hooked. It was so cool talking to someone who is just a fan..doesn't know of the history of the last 8 years and just loves his voice. She has been getting lost in youtube. A great reminder of why we are here and what got us here and that maybe we get so caught up in the baggage of Clay's career that we just forget to enjoy!

30 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

aikim, I'm glad you posted about that new fan. This, to me, is what will help Clay in the long run, and I have faith that he'll have more of these people show up.

merrieee, that story was interesting. Clay affects lives in so many ways!

It's Friday. Thank goodness...

It's great that gradually lawmakers are becoming accepting of "all men are created equal". Times change. Currently it would be writen "all men and women, no matter what the color of their skin, no matter what their religion and no matter what their sexual orientation are created equal". Or at least I would hope that's how it would be written.

But unfortunately, as I found out yesterday during lunch with a dear friend, that is not always so. :cry4: She commented on a Quaker Church that my youngest son attends as not being right as it had at one time a gay minister. She is also a Quaker but at a much more conservative church. After asking her to elaborate, she said she had no problem with gay folks but they should not be leaders. I knew that she had a gay employee at one time, whose company we often enjoyed at lunch, so I assumed she had no problem with the equal rights issue. There are many topics I avoid discussing with her and I guess this will be another. She knows I'm pretty liberal on many issues and I know how conservative she is. I'll always be her friend as I value her opinion on most things and I appreciate her kindness. She's good folk, so we've learned to keep our opinions on may things to ourselves. But that darn list keeps growing.

rainbowsmile.gif for NYC!

29 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

28 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

No Clay news but it just seems kind of sad to have three good mornings in a row without one other post. Thanks to aikim for keeping us (me?) aware of the DDD date.

Still working at losing weight. I had a few bad days but still down eight pounds this month. I try not to look in the mirror at the gym but yesterday at Zumba I caught a glimpse. Yikes! Off to meet a friend at the gym this noon.