#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

That's great. Ran into Ben once, literally, and he was very polite. Clay seems to have really nice friends. So although I can't say I know them, I am happy for Ben and Sean. I wonder how many same sex couples got engaged this weekend in NY? We need to hurry up and get this passed nationally so that they can file joint returns and be entitled to survivors benefits for SS. Although sometimes the joint returns aren't so great when both work.

Congratulations Ben and Sean! I'm happy for them, and for all who can now be legally married in New York.

I'm just slightly too young to remember the changes for the civil rights movement. I can only imagine that the feelings from Friday night had to be similar, though.

I'll second the "thank you" to aikim for keeping the countdown going!

A very tired "aikim" says your welcome. I have Austin and he is teething and cranky and has not slept much all day..he is finally down and I hope for the night.

He is getting really cute though, he can sit in the bouncy chair I have for him and today Nana gave him mashed up banana in his formula. My daughter has still not started him on solid food and this baby is hungry. He watches everyone eat and makes gumming motions with his mouth.

I think I will be stocking up on baby cereal.

They have been in Florida the past week, got home this morning and drove back and forth straight through. She called me the minute they walked in the door to come get him..I think she needs a baby break!

Tomorrow we are going to visit the Library.

Kim

Good going, Fear. I haven't stepped in the gym in over 2 years, do you think it's time I cancelled my membership yet? :cryingwlaughter: But I tend to walk a lot....3 dogs keep me moving. I am down 5 pounds this month, finally.

Good going luckiest! You are also an adventurous and careful eater at which I fail.

Try the gym again. Walking is great but weights are important too. I use the machines and free weights several times a week but the classes are for fun. The friend I go with has some heart issues and is limited in what she can do. So I do the treadmill next to her and can catch up on her political views. She is more in synch with me on that than the friend I had lunch with the other day, so it doesn't stress me out. :cryingwlaughter:

aikim, Austin sounds like fun. Teething is such a small patch in the road to growing up. I'll bet he gets cuter everyday.

Have a great day all! Today is a work day for me. Looking forward to DDD and seeing the video chat with Clay. In the meantime I am cleaning out dresser drawers and next is closets. Help!

:GM_FCA:

27 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Sean and Ben got engaged today. They bought their rings at Tiffanys!

There is a pic on facebook but I can't bring it over on the iPad.

Remind me again. Who are Sean and Ben. I feel like one or the other worked for Clay but was one on Spam and they are a couple?

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was super busy with out of town relatives and my neice's dance recital which was fantastic. The girl is getting better and better every year. My favorite was a dance routine doing the waitusi, mash potato, twist, jerk swim etc. LOL.

couchie, Sean was the drummer for the DCAT tour, while Ben was the musical director for both the Timeless Tour and this year's TnT tour. Sean was also the drummer for Spamalot. Both are cuties!

Congrats to Sean and Ben! How exciting for them! :)

Had a long weekend, but it was relaxing. Went out with friends Friday and Sunday nights, Saturday stayed in. The only bad thing that happened was I lost $10...I had it with me Friday night and I don't know what happened to it. I am REALLY upset about that cause I needed it for this week. *sigh*

Maybe this will jog couchie's memory (grabbed from Openly Clay):

post-717-0-88273500-1309189067.jpg

While I'm personally extremely happy about what is happening in NY...I bet Tiffany's and Macy's and a lot of wedding registry stores are happy too. *g*

:wub: Congrats :wub: to Sean :wub: and Ben!

Had a nice weekend visiting friends up in the foothills. Early fireworks show and lots of driving. I'm very tired from a "relaxing" weekend. LOL

Oh and just in case anyone needed reminding.... :DoClay:

Austin's mama just came to get him and Nana is exhausted...5 month olds are a lot of work..limited attention span, LOL! We went to the Library today for a visit and he was a good boy and pooped before we left so he was happy and smiley and let all the ladies hold him. He does not like naps!

He takes these little 15 minute catnaps and then he is done. We watched spongebob today and read books and he loves to look at himself in the mirror. It was actually a lot of fun..but nice to give him back to Mama until the next time.

Sun is just coming out..has been cloudy and overcast all day.

I am too tired to even make dinner..looks like the family will have to fend for themselves!

Kim

:GE_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog is built around "favorite song lists" proposed on message boards this month. I used two lists by katymom and added one for videos/montages.

The latter could easily be expanded into tours, "best of" a specific song, with montages divided into albums and other categories. I listed/linked to five videos, and I hope you will add your favorites, too. In the process, there are visuals by hosaa, goldarngirl/luckiest1, Aspiegirl, Wowzers4Clay, AmazingCA, scrypkym, and irishbookgal, to name a few.

Thank you for your comments/visits, tweets, Facebook posts, links, etc., all of which help boost the blog's presence on the Internet. Plus there are lots of visual artists to thank! As the lists (hopefully) grow, I will add an addendum, as well as links to various videos and montages mentioned.

I quoted your neat post about the new CA fan you met in the OFC Chat, aikim. **ducks** I meant to PM you for permission, so I guess this is for forgiveness. :)

Great news from New York on Friday! I am thrilled for Ben, Sean, and all who will benefit from the vote! :twinklewhore:

In the morning, I have an early appointment with my surgeon in Winston-Salem. If you have been reading my blogs, you know that's my driving waterloo. Hope to see y'all tomorrow afternoon! :lol:

Have a great evening, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

19 Days until The DDD Panel Discussion!Yahoo.gif

26 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Good luck Caro. Have you thought of bread crumbs? I can relate the mind block to certain roads.

I hope your surgeon has great news for you!

We finally got some rain last night, I hope it helps my little garden, which has a couple of wilting tomato plants. One might have blight and I'll have to just get rid of it soon.

Have a great day. I'm getting my car detailed today. It needs cleaning badly.

Calendar Listing for 2011

shortyjill, I have that panel discussion down there. Information about it was posted June 8 and the link is here from Broadway World.

If I'm missing anything on this calendar let me know. I'm also going to be working on bringing the old calendars over here as well.

Almost totally OT and highly irrelevant to anything at all.

I enjoying playing a game called "Civilization" that lets you play as almost any country in the world starting in 1000BC. All the "civs" have different icons for stuff you can build - buildings, weapons, people etc. I recently started playing a fantasy version and was puzzled by one civ's symbol for a catapult. Then I realized.

It was a

<drumroll>

COW!

Calendar Listing for 2011

shortyjill, I have that panel discussion down there. Information about it was posted June 8 and the link is here from Broadway World.

If I'm missing anything on this calendar let me know. I'm also going to be working on bringing the old calendars over here as well.

Oh that! I remember now. Thanks for the refresher. :)

Good luck Caro. Have you thought of bread crumbs? I can relate the mind block to certain roads.

I hope your surgeon has great news for you!

We finally got some rain last night, I hope it helps my little garden, which has a couple of wilting tomato plants. One might have blight and I'll have to just get rid of it soon.

Have a great day. I'm getting my car detailed today. It needs cleaning badly.

Thnx, Fear. My sister did the driving, so no bread crumbs needed. We're getting the same rain. WOOHOO!!! :)

This morning was the two-week followup with my surgeon. I have a clean bill of health -- no cancer, will see my dermatologist in three months and the surgeon in six months. Thank you for all your good thoughts. :hug:

Also, thank you for your Carolina blog comments and the lists that are cropping up. There are some interesting ones appearing in this entry.

Have a great evening! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

18 Days until The DDD Discussion Panel!Yahoo.gif

25 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim