#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Caro, congratulations.

This weekend really brought to the forefront how much cancer has changed all of our lives. I lost 2 aunts within a 5 year period. One was 50 and one was in her early 60s at the time she died. They really kept our family together. This past weekend I saw some cousins I haven't seen in years and it's just a shame as we grew up together and one seriously lives 10 miles away. We vow to do better.

Caro so good to hear you're doing well!

I've lost quite a few family members to cancer, and even one to diabetes. Two of my good friend's moms passed away from breast cancer as well 5 and 7 years ago. We were and are still so young. :( I can't imagine losing my mom, she's all I have some days.

I'm glad to hear of your good diagnosis Caro!

Long day today -- my husband and I took a road trip to Wheaton College to take a look at their library. Hubby is a good friend of one of the librarians there, so it was a good day to talk shop. But now, I'm beat!

I continue to hope that Clay is happy in whatever he is doing.

Yes, I thought I put it in my profile but who knows? Had a great dinner tonight at a noveau Southern restaurant.

:pushingcake:

:bdayparty2:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Fear!!!!

What's nouveau southern food like?

:GM_FCA:

17 Days until The Discussion Panel on DDD!Yahoo.gif

24 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks guys!

jmh, for example I had very tenderly sauteed scallops on small sweet potato pancakes with a maple butter sauce and garnished with bits of apple and a slice of bacon. Really, really good. They use a lot of "southern" ingredients in different ways: hoppin john, collards, pork, etc. I also had a very fresh, crunchy chopped salad with bits of blue cheese and bacon. Amazingly refreshing. The name of the restaurant is Milners, if you should end up in Winston and feel hungry. :twinklewhore: But call me first.

There was no dieting last night, for sure.

Decided to clean my book shelves today..could not believe all the dust and cat hair, since the cat likes to sit up there and nose around. I also weeded out a bunch of books, so now they don't look so crammed and I had room to put some knick-knacks. When we re-did the living room, we added built in bookshelves on either side of the window seat. I rearranged the plants on the window seat and added a few things like an old teapot and some of my Wizard of Oz collection and it looks really nice now. Now I need to clean the shelf below where I store all my photo albums. I've decided for Christmas this year to go through all of them and make individual albums for my kids...going to be a project, but a nice gift that they won't expect.

Okay, back to cleaning.

Kim

jmh, for example I had very tenderly sauteed scallops on small sweet potato pancakes with a maple butter sauce and garnished with bits of apple and a slice of bacon. Really, really good. They use a lot of "southern" ingredients in different ways: hoppin john, collards, pork, etc. I also had a very fresh, crunchy chopped salad with bits of blue cheese and bacon. Amazingly refreshing. The name of the restaurant is Milners, if you should end up in Winston and feel hungry. But call me first.

Sounds like a wonderful birthday dinner, Fear! Belated birthday greetings to you! :twinklewhore:

Knowing my Winston driving record :hysterical: next time I'm over your way, I will certainly call you!

Thank you for your good thoughts, FCA! :hug:

Have a great rest of the week, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

16 Days until The DDD Discussion Panel!Yahoo.gif

23 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Thanks guys!

jmh, for example I had very tenderly sauteed scallops on small sweet potato pancakes with a maple butter sauce and garnished with bits of apple and a slice of bacon. Really, really good. They use a lot of "southern" ingredients in different ways: hoppin john, collards, pork, etc. I also had a very fresh, crunchy chopped salad with bits of blue cheese and bacon. Amazingly refreshing. The name of the restaurant is Milners, if you should end up in Winston and feel hungry. :twinklewhore: But call me first.

Sorry I missed your birthday Fear. Been working longer hours the past week or so. Today I start my new position in my company. Looking forward to it. Your dinner sounds great!

TGIF...and everyone have a good weekend and holiday if American. I actually have to work on Monday.

canada_flag.gifHappy Canada Day!

Clay Aiken fans recall fondly the night the singer was joined by Toronto concert goers for an impromptu A capella rendition of "O Canada." The Carolina blog celebrates July 1 with that montage (Ashes/canfly172), history, and graphics by AmazingCA and Fountaindawg.

In the Canada Day blog before her death, Ashes provided a wonderful graphic of the lyrics for "O Canada" -- so everyone can sing along.

ACA_Can2c.jpg

Graphic by AmazingCA

Thank you for your visits/comments. Enjoy the festivities, Canada! Happy Weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Thanks, everyone! The colour is definitely red. :) Everything was closed yesterday, so I spent a pretty quiet day at home, with my mom, who came to visit. Well, quiet until about 9 pm when the fireworks started, and then it was anything but. I generally am in bed by 10 pm but there was no way, because every little "pop" sends the dogs into hysteria. So we cranked the volume on the TV and that worked for a while. When the big stuff started there was no masking it so I just took them in the yard and let them get it out of their system. :cryingwlaughter: I finally shut the TV off just before midnight and it was all clear. Argh, I'm praying that it doesn't start again tonight. It shouldn't, but people are stupid. :P

I am planning a BBQ this afternoon to celebrate Canada Day.....chicken souvlaki is on the menu. There should be all 3 of my kids plus my son's g/f and my daughter is inviting a couple of friends as well. My mom is looking forward to seeing them all together again. It's supposed to be a scorcher (humidex of 42 C!) with 60% chance of thunderstorms, so we'll see how it all works out. :whistling-1:

Have a great BBQ luckiest. Chicken Souvlaki sounds delicious. I initially thought the Canadian colors included white as I pictured Clay in the white shirt which said Canada, but knew I couldn't post in white.

We get a local produce basket every week from our grocery store. It's supposed to support local farmers. Yesterday, among other things, there was a head of cabbage in it, along with a recipe for cabbage chicken salad. Easy and yummy. Helped me get back on track for losing weight.

15 Days until The DDD Discussion Panel!Yahoo.gif

22 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

My first day of a week long vacation. Boy, does it feel nice to be doing very little. I actually started a book -- for fun! I did some quick grocery shopping (which I also find fun, actually), and then we cooked out tonight. Other than that, it's been too hot to do much of anything around here.

Wonder if Clay and Parker will go to Fireworks on the fourth?

And duh, I should have known the colors for Canada Day were red and white. My bad.