#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

This has been a good day all around. My hubby retired the end of March and we have been fighting with his benefits center since April because they had changed his monthly pension to much less than what we were told it was going to be. Have spent the last two months talking with customer service and all they kept telling us was that they were working on it. Last week we called again and told them that if they did not get this straightened out we would be contacting a lawyer..low and behold today we get a call saying that they corrected the mistake, we will be getting not only the back money they owe us, but his monthly pension will also be higher than what they originally had told us back in February when we started all this. I am so relieved. It was getting so frustrating...so now we will be able to get our living room finished!

Kim

Oh great Clay surfaces and I get to be out of the country!

Thank goodness for Clack at least I will be able to see it later.

We leave tomorrow and I really have to get away from the 'puter and pack! We have finally decided to go backpacking in Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia! You think I will be tired?

Merrieeee. Have a wonderful trip

Congratulations to your son Lucky.

I don't have a green thumb but my mom is a country girl She just needs to look at a plant and it flourishes. I've been in my apartment for 10 years and I'm finally about to do something with my patio. We're so excited to finally fix it up That's our summer job

What's The Talk?

Good job aikim. Sometimes people don't realize how they are affecting your life. They are just pushing papers.

:GM_FCA:

10 Days until The DDD Discussion Panel!Yahoo.gif

11 Days until Clay is on The Talk!Yahoo.gif

17 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wheeeeee for Clay on The Talk (although I'm not sure what that is)! I haven't actually seen my son since his first 10 hour shift yesterday because he headed off to a friend's birthday party afterwards, but he sounded exhausted but positive on the phone. :)

"The Talk" is CBS's version of "The View" except that it's on in the early afternoon. (Those wanting to watch live might want to schedule a late lunch that day...) The hosts are Julie Chen (host of "Big Brother"), Sara Gilbert (formerly of "Roseanne" and openly gay), Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete (actress, but not sure if I could name anything she's done) and Leah Rimini (formerly of "The King of Queens"). I've never seen an episode, but I've heard that they do less "talking over" each other than "The View" does. Hee.

Day two of remodeling soon. I get to do the touchup painting; hubby starts on the laminate flooring. Then, all the stuff has to be put back, and we need to find a futon!

The current Carolina On My Mind blog has a little bit of everything from Clay Aiken montages (gerwwhisp, molino79) and graphics (AmazingCA, cindilu2, Clayquebec1, claystruck) to the fun Scarlett and I have watching movies together 1100 miles apart. Some of our favorites are listed, and we would love to hear your suggestions! :)

Congratulations to your son on the job, luckiest1! Your garden sounds divine.

Good news about your husband's retirement, aikim!

All the best with the remodeling, ldyj

Have an awesome rest of the week, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

From TV Guide

Episode Detail: Prom - Drop Dead Diva

Jane represents a lesbian couple suing for the right to attend their prom. Elsewhere, Jane learns her relationship with Dr. Kendal is not exclusive; Kim and Grayson take on Hank the bailiff's suit against his mail-order bride; and Stacy is jealous when Fred is offered a commercial gig.

Clay Aiken

Actor

Season 3, Episode 5

Prom

Sun, Jul 24, 2011

shortyjill, it sounds like you had a lot of fun yesterday.

merrieeee, I hope you have a great trip. I will lick my TV screen enough for both of us -- is that OK?

Day two of the remodel is done. We put a second coat of paint up, and then started on the flooring. Well, actually that part is all my husband. I really can't help him with that. He's about a third done with the floor, and I think we'll be able to finish up and get the room put back together tomorrow night.

One of the "side projects" that happened today is that we decided that the flooring needed to extend into the closets -- which includes my Clay stash! Therefore, I'm going through things that I kept oh-so-long ago. Most of it I'll still be keeping, but I've got about 20 binders with printouts of fanfiction. Buh, bye. I also found lots of prints of early news articles. Those I'm keeping for now. I'll probably also be tossing a LOT of videotapes....

Question: this is the one room in the house that has Clay stuff on the walls. It started with a poster size of this picture:

Clay_Aiken_color_5_hi_res.jpg

Then, it switched to a poster of this one:

libraryguy.jpg

That's still the poster today. So....I feel it's time for a switch again. What should I use? Any suggestions?

Holly Robinson (Peete) - I know her. The Peete is her married name (but I think she's divorced). He was a pro football player. I know she has done other shows but I've never seen them. But I did watch 21 Jump Street. She was on that. The show the launched the career of Johnny Depp.

Thanks for the info on The Talk. Sounds like an interesting mix of people. That Julie chan sure gets around... on CBS LOL. She's pleasant enough though.

LadyJ -- I feel you on the video tapes They are now about as fashionable as an 8 track. It was still hard to throw them all out though. You know I want to do something to my room and put up a few prized possessions - some of Clay (my good news print which I love) but also my Tweety Bird print ha ha.

I hope you're enjoying your time off.

ETA: OMG they are doing a 21 Jump Street movie for 2012? And Johnny Depp is in it LOL. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232829/

I'd pick this one. *g*

3971229034qorsl.jpg

Wait, that's not exactly hubby friendly is it? Darn!

Speaking of Johnny Depp, my friend and I ran into a Captain Jack Sparrow impersonator while at the park! His costume was SO authentic looking, it was very well put together! We couldn't help it, we needed a picture with him. We had to give a donation though, he was raising money for an 8 month old (his daughter possibly, I can't remember) who has a bad liver. Poor baby. :( This is the picture I got with him. http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263749_802988497836_38505673_38223082_3341225_n.jpg Hee!

I'd pick this one. *g*

Speaking of Johnny Depp, my friend and I ran into a Captain Jack Sparrow impersonator while at the park! His costume was SO authentic looking, it was very well put together! We couldn't help it, we needed a picture with him. We had to give a donation though, he was raising money for an 8 month old (his daughter possibly, I can't remember) who has a bad liver. Poor baby. :( This is the picture I got with him. http://a7.sphotos.ak...2_3341225_n.jpg Hee!

ahhhh you look pretty darn cute. And yep he's very authentic looking.

9 Days until The DDD Discussion Panel!Yahoo.gif

10 Days until Clay is on The Talk!Yahoo.gif

16 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oooh look at that countdown! Can't wait to see Clay on my TV.....or on clack, which is more likely as our DDD is delayed by a few weeks and I'm not waiting LOL.

ETA I'm intrigued about Clay's character on DDD. So it's Hank the bailiff who ordered a bride, maybe Clay is the defence lawyer?

I had a dream last night that there were 2 conflicting concerts in my town, Paul McCartney and Clay. I think Clay's started slightly later than Paul's and someone had got me comped seats that were supposed to be very good, so I was kind of at their mercy. They were driving and we started out at Paul but I was trying to convince her (whoever she was) to take me to Clay!!! I got to meet Paul and get his autograph which was cool, but I woke up before we ever got to Clay. sad.gif

My old bedroom still has a lot of Clay decoration in it. It was a storage room but now my daughter has moved back in and taken it over as a computer room. She quite enjoys the posters so they are staying. snoopy.gif

I'd pick this one. *g*

3971229034qorsl.jpg

Wait, that's not exactly hubby friendly is it? Darn!

Oh, that one is yummy. And since this is my "she-cave," hubby doesn't spend THAT much time in there. *g*

shortyjill, I love that picture of you!

ETA I'm intrigued about Clay's character on DDD. So it's Hank the bailiff who ordered a bride, maybe Clay is the defence lawyer?

I've read elsewhere that he's a witness for the trial. Maybe he ordered a bride as well?

Oooh, thanks for that hint ldyj! As you can tell, I love DDD. twinklewhore.gif

Or maybe he is the bride...could be Hank didn't get what he was expecting..Clay could still be a witness..I think is going to be a real hoot!cryingwlaughter.gif

Kim

rom Rodney Ho

An Idol BLog

QUOTEClay Aiken guest stars July 24 on ‘Drop Dead Diva’

4:27 pm July 8, 2011, by Rodney Ho

“Drop Dead Diva” in a mere three seasons has become a guest star mecca, mostly of the gay-friendly variety. Liza Minnelli. Paula Abdul. Rosie O’Donnell. Tim Gunn. Wendy Williams. Kathy Griffin is coming up soon.

In an upcoming July 24th episode featuring a lesbian high school couple fighting to be part of a high school prom, the Lifetime show throws in its first former “American Idol” contestants: Clay Aiken.

Aiken did a spot on “Scrubs” a few years back but hasn’t done too much acting over the years. In this case, he plays a marketing executive who marries a mail-order bride. He is a witness in a case involving one of the recurrent characters on the show. There is no singing. I just screened it. He did a perfectly fine job.

Deliberately, the producers (including a fellow Class of 1991 Princetonian Josh Berman) added other well-known openly gay actors. Wanda Sykes is hilarious as a sardonic judge. Lance Bass plays a commercial director. Amanda Bearse (”Married…With Children”) is another judge.

The main storyline about the prom is based on a real life story of Constance McMillan, who was denied access to her prom because she was gay. Berman, in a note to press, said he was at the GLAAD Awards last year where Sykes gave a speech praising Constance. Berman was so inspired, he wrote the episode to pay homage to Constance, who plays a bailiffin a courtroom scene.

“Drop Dead Diva” is shot primarily in Peachtree City, not far from the official “Idol” blog moderator

It's Official that Clay will be on The Talk! Posted in the News Section of the OFC and also on Twitter and Facebook :yahoo:

Kim

Yay for Clay! And am filled with total and complete envy for merrieeee...

Sorry I've been quiet but lots of things have been goin' on...

My best friend from high school kidney's finally gave up the ghost, and she's had the stint for dialysis put in yesterday...

My child is getting ready to ship off to Afghanistan...

And I am realizing I don't actually WANT to turn 50...

I hear you about remodeling. We have a list we have kept for 20 years of future projects. We update it every five years or so. Of course I just thought of some major projects that will involve a lot of work which we can't do. I call these dream projects and they will never get done. It'd be a lot easier to move.

Oh I don't know about that Fear!

I am on the countdown to getting the keys to our new house- next Thursday!!! :twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore:

I will be so glad to feel settled again. The last year has been so up & down. I have booked the movers for Monday week and contacted most of the other people such as TV, phone & internet etc etc (Hmm just thought of electricity- must get onto that!!)

I keep feeling like I have forgotten something but I think that is mostly just stress. This move should be more organised than the last one I hope!

Shortyjill - I read Captain Jack Sparrow as Captain Jack Harkness.He must be on my subconcious :blush: Does anyone here watch Torchwood? Its an English show, a Dr Who spinoff, with the ever-lovely John Barrowman as Captain Jack. The new series starts here tonight.

I've tried, but I just can't get into it. Not my thing I guess. Torchwood seems to be blowing up here, that and Dr. Who. It could also be that I'm just hearing more about it lately though. LOL