#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Ok, I miss him. Spent last night/this morning watching montages from goldarngirl (we are working on the final TnT concert, San Francisco) and it's made me a bit nostalgic. I want another tour, or Broadway, or something. I have a cruise and skating to look forward to this fall/winter, but after that? There is a big empty hole. I hope that we might get some whiff of what's coming up next, either with this Drop Dead Diva promotion or at the gala. Throw us a bone, Clay! twinklewhore.gif

luckiest, don't forget that we've got Outfest coming up very soon! I know there are fans that are attending, so we should have some reports, and hopefully pictures!

But I kinda know what you mean too...

Hee, I am not one who generally misses him really, so it was a bit of a shock to my system yesterday LOL. I don't begrudge him time off at all, especially with a smalll child. But the last two tours were so much fun.

:GM_FCA:

4 Days until The DDD Discussion Panel!Yahoo.gif

5 Days until Clay is on The Talk!Yahoo.gif

11 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I wonder how many different songs he's done over the years.

Didn't jmh work on that project at one time? Now, I'm pretty sure she's busy (like most of us seem to be) but maybe she'd post the file and we could add to it? Adding the stuff from the Timeless Tour could be interesting...

The list is here: Every song Clay ever sang (as of 2006). I'm not able to upload the spreadsheet that CAP121 did, and don't know how'd she'd feel about someone adding to it. I would arrange it differently, as I did in my list, and I'd probably do my list a little differently now. Each of us had our own way of arranging and categorizing things. Spreadsheets are easily rearranged, so I'm sure CAP's would be a helpful starting point regardless. The list now would be at least twice as long, as it doesn't include any albums, tours, or performances since Oct. 2006. As with other aspects of keeping up with Clay's accomplishments, like the Ultimate CDs, or the FCA media collection, this reached a point where the quantity of material available was overwhelming to me. We have an absolute wealth of performances, appearances, interviews, and professional and fan-produced recordings and video. I'm not sure how to proceed from here. And yup, I'm crazy busy at the moment. But open to suggestions and happy to email the spreadsheet to anyone who wants it.

Got my car back! It took a little longer because they lost power from Monday's storm so were a day behind, but all is well. It was a crankshaft sensor..overheated...$300 to replace..not too bad..could have been worse. Just glad to have it back..hate not having a car.

Gosh, just thinking about all the songs Clay has sung is mind-boggling..we really are very lucky fans to have so much. I was going through my personal collection the other day and it really struck me how much we have had in 8 years..looking forward to much more!

Kim

3 Days until The DDD Discussion Panel!Yahoo.gif

4 Days until Clay is on The Talk!Yahoo.gif

10 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

From the Clack House:

Posted at CV by jclay:

Tweet from GroundCntrl

Hey @clayaiken Fan Club members! Clay's first webchat will be taking place before the end of the month. Announcement to come!

Hey treenuts -- no, I don't think so, but frankly, I don't go there very often. Maybe someone else knows?

You know, I just looked at the bottom of the main page of the board here...and noticed something....

00003653.gifto the beautiful, wonderful jmh!

04.gif04.gif04.gif

Awwww, thanks! I had a good day--very low key but upbeat. I shopped for dishtowels :cryingwlaughter: , bought some of my favorite scones for later, had two hot dogs with everything for lunch. (I've been craving one for months and months.) My brother is taking me out to dinner Saturday night and to the Harry Potter movie afterwards; it's at a theatre that's a bit out of town and out of the way, and the restaurant is right there, so not too crazy with traffic or crowds, and we've already bought the tickets. My brother's never seen a Harry Potter movie or read a book (it's my birthday and he thinks the actress who plays Hermione is now hot). His perspective should be interesting. I'm psyched.

No they haven't taken questions for the chat at OFC...I am assuming when they announce the date they will give us instructions on how to submit questions.

2 Days until DDD Panel Discussion!Yahoo.gif

3 Days until Clay is on The Talk!Yahoo.gif

9 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

VIDEO CHAT END OF THE MONTH!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Interesting!!

OMG!!!! I can't control where my mind is taking me!!!!

LOOK AT THIS FACEBOOK POSTING!!

He works at Warner Music Group Corp in NYC!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/dussolliet?sk=wall

Message Jeremy Dussolliet Add Friend. Singer-songwriter at Warner Music Group Corp. Studied ILR at Cornell University

Lives in New York, New York

Omg Clay Aiken!

about an hour ago via iPhone.

Pat Williams likes this..

Linda Paonessa O'Brien Great place! Hi Joe shea!!!!!

58 minutes ago..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just three words, but they could mean SO MUCH! goldstar.gif

Well, now.

First -- I went to this guy's page, and I can't see the post mentioned. Maybe he took it down after figuring out that the Clay fans now know?

Secondly -- glad to know he's been spotted and alive!

Thirdly -- I'm NOT going to get my hopes up about things like this. IMO, this fandom (and I'll include myself in that) gets their hopes way too high over little tidbits like this. I guess I'm just too much of a realist.

It's cool, but I'm not taking it as a sign from heaven.

Yet. *g*

jmh, I will be very interested in know what your brother thinks of Harry Potter. Hubby and I are going on Sunday afternoon with two friends...

Happy belated birthday, jmh123! We are going to see Harry Potter tonight in 3D. I hope I can keep my eyes, open, sometime 3D is a bit of a challenge for me. But I'm really looking forward to it!

I don't put any stock in random mentions on Facebook or in blogs or whatever. They rarely pan out. I understand that people can find the blogs using a google blog search, but how in heck do people find random mentions on Facebook?????

merrieeeeee, have a great time over there. One of these days I'll get to Europe....but first up, the Carribean! I am spending a lot of time on CruiseCritic.com lately, educating myself on cruising in general and the different ports that we will be visiting in October. I can't wait!

The new Carolina On My Mind blog includes a review of Clay's weekend Outfest 2011 events, a link to the InfoBarrel piece spotlighting the singer and other celebrities who "help people in need," The Way We Make a Difference - Gala connection, and -- FINALLY -- photos from a recent romp in the park by grandchildren Kai, almost 4, and Lia, 2. A Fountaindawg graphic leads the blog.

Thank you for your blog comments, tweets, Facebook posts, links, etc. :flirtysmile3:

Belated birthday greetings, jmh123! :twinklewhore:

Happy TGIF! Looking forward to all that happens in California this weekend! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

I won't get my hopes up on that sighting either. Just nice to know he's out and about and maybe getting some ideas put together for later. :)

Awwww, thanks! I had a good day--very low key but upbeat. I shopped for dishtowels :cryingwlaughter: , bought some of my favorite scones for later, had two hot dogs with everything for lunch. (I've been craving one for months and months.) My brother is taking me out to dinner Saturday night and to the Harry Potter movie afterwards; it's at a theatre that's a bit out of town and out of the way, and the restaurant is right there, so not too crazy with traffic or crowds, and we've already bought the tickets. My brother's never seen a Harry Potter movie or read a book (it's my birthday and he thinks the actress who plays Hermione is now hot). His perspective should be interesting. I'm psyched.

Happy belated birthday!! :cake:

I saw Harry Potter at midnight last night. My conclusion was David Yates did a decent job giving the ending justice, from what it was in the book to having to make it into something more exciting for the movie crowd. I didn't give myself too many expectations and knew of NO spoilers going into it, so I didn't have too much to be disappointed about. I'm happy with how he portrayed it. :)

Have any of you seen the guy who plays Neville Longbottom recently? He got hot too! :teehee1:

merrieeee hope you're having a good time! I'll get to Europe some day too...

The good news is that people still recognize Clay and know who he is. I'll wait to see what's next. And I don't expect Clay to keep fans aware of everything that goes on.But I am looking forward to his video Q&A. We are taking a short vacation before Mr. Fear's surgery so I'm hoping I don't miss it. If I do I'm hoping it get's replayed on the site. :fca:

Hmmm..maybe I should not post the tidbits? Just keeping people informed.

Fear The video chat will be posted on the site so those who missed it can see it and the rest of us can watch over and over and over.......

Promo's airing for The Talk on Monday..used a picture of Clay at the award show he was at with Tori (long hair) and one from GLAAD...hoping someone capped the promo!

Kim