#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Hello, FCA!

Thank you again for your birthday greetings here, on Facebook, and in the Carolina blog. True to form, I wrote a July 17 entry about Clay's participation in Outfest 2011, my co-celebrant Scarlett, etc.

I hope you will drop by Carolina On My Mind even though you have seen the pix. There will be updates! :)

Have an awesome day, all, and thnx again! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

From Outfest Discussion Panel:

From Scarlett on FB

Jeans brown shoes cute sweater love the hair

Scarlett on FB:

Director said how impresses at what a talentes actor he is, very natural, FUN!

From Scarlett:

QUOTEJeans brown shoes cute sweater love the hair

CNN UPDATE:

Clay was casually dressed. He came in the screening room and sat right with all the fans!!!! Yanked a few chains, then said I know these ladies (classic Clay). He was funny, charming and relaxed. The episode of Drop Dead Diva is FABULOUS!!!!!! Everyone is going to LOVE IT and Clay’s part is awesome!!! He was asked to appear on DDD earlier, but was unable to due to timing – he was thrilled to be able to participate

I’m running out of adjectives – when musicfan gets back she can fill in the details – but Clay was his wonderful, charming, handsome, charismatic self!!!!

gareem said it was drop dead delicious. Clay sat in the second row in the audience and gareem was directly behind him. He sat next to a CV member but I won't spoil her fun in telling it herself.

Very, very furry forearms that were within licking distance.

He was good in his part. NONE OF THE THREE GUEST STARS, WHO HAPPEN TO BE GAY, PLAYED A GAY CHARACTER.

Clay got the part because the creator and director of the series personally called him, and asked him to be a part of it. The creator and director, Josh Berman, and Clay had dinner together last night a a very expensive, classy restaurant. The director has done serious business there before.

The panel was outstanding. The show was outstanding. All actors seemed to have really bonded.

Wheeee! News! Wheeeee!

Picture from today: http://lockerz.com/s/121203094

From artquest at the CH (with spoilers for the plot of DDD next week):

From CV's ClayIzzaQT, with spoiler tags because it's about the plot of DDD. Hang on to your hats, ladies!

As you know, Clay is a witness in a Mail Order Bride scam. He was previously married to the Russian bride in question, so they bring him into the deposition room to hear his story. After his deposition, they tell him that's it, they don't need any more because his answers don't match what they were looking for since he was the one who divorced her. You think that's it for Clay, but then they get to the court scene and there's Clay again!!! Turns out, he's the one running the scam - he's married to the woman and sending her out to scam others. Our Clay, all grown up and villainous - it's like a dream come true.

EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee

Couple of pictures from WireImage

Recap from today from Gareem at CV:

DDD Random Ramblings…

D r o p D e a d D E L I C I O U S !!!

Simply the best!!!

What an unbelievable honor to have attended this extraordinary event. I truly feel this.

And I shared this wonderful Outfest outing with ymarie; so glad she came.

Other people are really good about content and stuff and have already posted. Yaknelle kindly already posted some of the stuff I was blabbering on about in the car on the drive home. So I'll just ramble along a bit more.

THE BASICS:

The DDD series is simply lovely. It is full of heart. Just plain and simple…HEART. Tender and touching in every way—a huge surprise. I had never seen the show until Clay's guest appearance was announced. And then I went searching to catch up—I wanted get a feel for the show. From the very first episode I saw--what a hidden little gem. The plotlines, the characters, treated with such dignity and care. I have been so impressed.

THE EPISODE:

And then there was THIS episode. Plot, you know--true story of Mississippi teen Constance McMillan who was denied access to her high school prom because she wanted to attend with her girlfriend. Episode guest stars Wanda Sykes, Amanda Bearse, Clay Aiken, Lance Bass and Constance herself (in a cameo). This show--lovely. Just lovely. They treated a "tricky subject" with such care. It really is so well done. The episode is poignant and funny and heart-string tugging and such full-out joy. Lovely. OK…I had a couple of misty moments. Well, OK, maybe a few.

THE PANEL:

The basics first. LOVELY PEOPLE! EVERY single one of them! So open and forthcoming. Panel discussion and Q&A with series creator/executive producer Josh Berman, director/co-executive producer Jamie Babbit, Clay Aiken, and Adam Waters (GSA Advisor of the Year), Fred—the Guardian Angel and Stacey—BFF of series star (Jane). Moderated by Ari Karpel—very professional…N Y Times maybe? Impressive credentials.

Well done. No pandering or patronizing. Real grownups discussing real topics with such humanity. Thought provoking and inspiring.

And then there was CLAY!

YOWZA!!!

OMG to understate. Simply OMG. He was simply spectacular. Talk about my heart and soul overflowing. They spilleth over. And over. And over.

I will say that whatever way you "see" Clay…..Boyfriend--hottest hunk that ever walked the face of the earth; Like a son--from a mother's view; Really good man… Whatever or however you see him, I assure you that you would be proud as a peacock and crawling around on the floor looking for your popped buttons after today. I could not have been any more proud of him and his association with this project and the way he handled his parts in both the show and the panel and everything else. I just love the man to bits! I'm honored to be his fan.

Clay must be very proud to have been associated with this episode and this show. It was very, very special.

I haven't read anything posted by anyone else yet so I hope this stuff won't duplicate too much. Here's what yaknelle posted from me earlier and I'll go from there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"gareem said it was drop dead delicious. Clay sat in the second row in the audience and gareem was directly behind him. He sat next to a CV member but I won't spoil her fun in telling it herself.

Very, very furry forearms that were within licking distance.

He was good in his part. NONE OF THE THREE GUEST STARS, WHO HAPPEN TO BE GAY, PLAYED A GAY CHARACTER.

Clay got the part because the creator and director of the series personally called him, and asked him to be a part of it. The creator and director, Josh Berman, and Clay had dinner together last night at a very expensive, classy restaurant. The director has done serious business there before.

The panel was outstanding. The show was outstanding. All actors seemed to have really bonded.

Jamie Babbit, the director and co-executive producer said, "Clay had one of the most fun parts. I was so happily impressed working with him. He is a natural actor. He is very talented and very good."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK…he was TERRIFIC in his part!

OK…a little more in the memory and observation department…

Clay came into the row in front of me–Clay first, a woman and two guys. Clay DIRECTLY in front of me. He and the woman seemed to know each other well, were very friendly, playful and fun—kinda like he would be with Quiana or someone like that. Don't know if she was with the show or a personal friend but they seemed to be very connected. Chatty, playful, fun, talked, interacted and shared a lot. I noticed one time where he leaned forward and I assume was texting someone. Overall he sat pretty still. Looked around once early on, poked the woman he was with and said something and then was just pretty much engaged in the program like anybody else. He quietly watched, the show, not a whole lot of response, stretched his neck from side to side a couple of times.

An older man approached Clay before the showing—reaching over the front row—and asked if he would sign something. I didn't hear the request but the man had a couple of 8x10 photos and a blue Sharpie—they were resting on a priority mailing envelope. Clay signed them. It was cute. Looks like the man might have been getting them signed for somebody special. Very sweet. (Mostly) the fans were respectful of him.

His hair was darkish brown, shiny and looked thick and rich. And no, I did not touch it. There seemed to be more in the sideburn department than usual. Lovely long, dark lashes. Beautiful sweater—LOOKED very soft, fine yarn, caressed those fine broad shoulders…oh, got carried away there. Sleeves pushed up. That's when I spied that yummy cinnamon arm fur. His stubble looked a bit more than usual and matched the arm fur. Pretty cute.

Wanda Sykes is flat out hysterical. Beyond hysterical!!! Don't know if everything she says was scripted or that's just her. Whatever it is, she is priceless.

Great writing on that show. Full of surprises. Made me smile. Big time.

More Panel:

The introduction of Clay was very special—talked about Clay beginning on Idol and is a beautiful singer and actor and 5 successful albums and tours like crazy and came out and is a father and has become quite a spokesman on gay rights issues. Lovely. Just lovely. Clay was so classy on the panel.

Josh told how the episode came to be. Lance Bass heard the story (or read it) and he sent Constance $30,000 to throw her own prom.

Josh talked about mainstream television and cable. First season, DDD suggested a storyline involving a gay character. Lifetime didn't want to do it. This year, 3rd season, they pitched this storyline and everybody embraced it. Times, they are a changing. Oh, and they operate on a very small budget; their guests work for the minimum. Sony spent more money on this episode than usual. Everybody really believed in it. A woman, one of their newish youngish writers I thought he said, wanted to write it. They wanted to present both sides of the issue so she/they called "Focus on the Family" and got the other side of the debate in terms of the subject material. I thought they were very fair and not heavy handed at all. What I really appreciate is that the way they present issues is that it's very relatable, not preachy, mostly common sense and simply the right thing to do. Like I said…this series has HEART!

Josh talked about this show being about identity.

This episode—he wanted familiar faces in this episode. People 10, 20, 30 years older than a high school kid who might be sitting alone in their room and watching this episode. They know there are other kids in their high school who are gay but they don't know who they are. They still feel all alone. He wanted them to know that people grow up and can be successful. Gay, straight—didn't matter. He wanted role models these kids could look up to, people who just happen to be gay and are doing well. This is why he asked THESE particular people to be in this episode. This is why he personally called Clay.

And since Scarlett taped the whole panel, you'll see and hear it all.

I may scribble a little more after I see what all else has been written. This may all be redundancy to the max.

Anyway…can ya tell it was FABULOUS? Golly what a great day and great people, and such a joyful time and experience. This show is absolutely wonderful in what it does. It's precious and powerful and poignant and playful. Oh…and so is our guy. He really is one of the good guys. Simply the BEST!!!

All of the pictures are just fabulous. I was off online for the 6 days of my bike trip and could not wait to get back and read about today. Can not wait till tomorrow. Thank goodness I am off. My trip went great, we did 342 miles. It was really hot the last two days climbing those hills!!

IMG_2853tag.jpg

65598869.jpg

Slyeyes.jpg

Love my Cat's Meow. How gorgeous is he, really. Can anyone tell, because he's run completely off my charts. So intrigued that he had a private dinner for two last night with TV Exec Josh Berman. Who can resist this man and his EFs? The stuff legends are made of.

:GM_FCA:

Loving waking up to so much Clack! The Panel discussion is in the vault at CV! Funny or Die Video is also up; watch and then click on funny to vote (or die if you really hate it) http://www.funnyordi...rs-untold-stori

Can't wait for The Talk today, I am going to be absolutely useless at work.

6 Days until DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just watched the FOD clip. I personally found it hi-lar-ious! Of course I've also seen an episode or two of "Hoarders" *coughentireseasonscough*, so that, I think, played into my enjoyment. As for Clay's role -- minor in the scheme of things, but still important. I mean, she picked him! Who wouldn't? Hee.

And I will keep telling myself that humor is definitely subjective (just as singing is, and acting, and -- you know the drill). LOL.

Can't wait for The Talk today/tonight!