#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Loved the chat! He answered my question! I asked about AI5, what happened with his mic. If you remember, he came out started to sing and then stopped. He said that Michael freaked him out so much, he forgot what he was doing, LOL!

I hope everyone can go back and watch it when it is put up.

Kim

:GM_FCA:

I am looking forward to re-watching the chat; I was taking notes the whole time as I had to call a friend and fill her in..looking at my notebook, I can barely read my handwriting..my cursive handwriting, LOL! It was fun talking on the phone and trying to decipher it. Reading around filled in some of the spots that didn't make sense to me!

As I was watching and listening it was very obvious that he was avoiding all career questions..to be honest, I thought we all of us there we would get a tidbit of some sort; I had thought he would not go back to work until 2012 and now that seems possible. I still think Broadway is in his future since he stressed a few times that he is a live performer. I thought it all went very well and I am very glad the site didn't crash and people were able to get it in. I did not expect so many people..I figured 200-300..it was nice seeing names that I have not seen for a while.

80 Days until The Gala! Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning!

Fun times listening to the video chat. My laptop sound is too quiet even at top volume and OFC top volume so I either had to look or hold my ear to the speaker. :cryingwlaughter: I'm sure it was a lovely sight. Probably had a few raccoon s looking in the patio door and laughing.

Got a few projects I have to get done today. So have a great one. :twinklewhore:

I'm glad that everyone had a great time with the chat last night! I'm hoping they post the recording "soon" (Hee!), because I've read some summaries and it sounds like there was some interesting stuff going on.

My main thing: Clay, take that time to recharge your batteries. I'll still be here.

From the National Inclusion Projects Facebook page:

We have been accepted and are competing in the Pepsi Refresh contest for $50K in August! The voting is a little different this time around. The biggest change is there is no rollover month to month. We either win in August or we are out! Let's get voting! See the comments for more details!
You can still vote 3 ways, Facebook, the direct Pepsi page, and text

-Our Pepsi page is www.refresheverything.com/​inclusionproject

-You can text 108169 to Pepsi 73774

-You have 5 votes for each method of voting, but you can still only use 1 vote per method for 1 idea.

-We do not have partners as of yet, but we will keep you motivated

-POWER VOTES: Find Power Votes on specially marked Pepsi products. Go to www.refersheverything.com, click on power votes, enter the code and they give you a number of extra votes. All of the power votes can be voted for a single idea. You can "cash in" 10 power vote codes daily. The number of power votes you win may be as few as 5 or could be 100 or more.

-There are 10 winners in the $50K category which is now the highest award possible.

Thinking of this -- has anyone seen bottlecap lately?

Thinking of this -- has anyone seen bottlecap lately?

She posted at CV last week, I think. Maybe she is recharging her batteries along with Clay. I think I just need new younger batteries.

Edited by ldyjocelyn
Fix formatting -- ldyj

The video is up at the OFC..it is in the chat room..when you log in, click on the fanclub tab and then chat in the drop down menu. Click on the arrow on the video screen to start it..looks like it is on continuous loop so you may not start at the beginning.

Kim

Thanks for letting us know aikim. Busy with other things tonight, but it's deadly slow at work right now (the supposed "calm before the storm"), so I'll probably watch tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning for a filling, so watching Clay after that should make me feel REALLY good!

69 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

I haven't had a chance to go and watch the stream at the OFC yet, but I'm glad they have it up. That was probably one of the coolest hours I've ever spent on the computer. I went into it not really expecting much, but he made it very special. I really hope he does it again sometime.....not gonna say the "s" word. ;)

My 15+ year old central air conditioner kicked the bucket on Monday (with the humidex forecast at 35+ C/ 95+ F for the forseeable future), so yesterday I called Reliance (a company with which I have a 'comfort plan'), again not expecting much. Generally I find that when you need it, plans don't cover what you need them to. Imagine my surprise when they sent a technician out yesterday and he was able to repair the outside unit at no cost. Wheeeee!

I got to see most of the chat on Monday night. Gosh he looks pretty. Those eyes and that mouth. And it's so nice to see a lot of the posts pretty happy about it. Haven't gone too far though. Just here, NNHB, and a bit at CV. I use to like reading all the different viewpoints but after awhile, you just feel like you are going around in circles.

I'm glad you reminded me about the Pepsi voting ldyj. I'd done it yesterday but would have forgotten. I need those daily reminders.

And I'm also glad you said something about the chat being on a continuous loop aikim because I couldn't figure out why it wasn't starting at the beginning.

They have moved the video chat to the media section at the OFC..click on media and then videos. You can now pause it and re-start it and they have enhanced the video so it sounds a lot better. You can also leave a comment underneath the video.

Kim

Thanks aikim.

It is also still in chat..so you can see Clay in two places.

Kim

68 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Wow 68 days to the Gala! I hope some will decide to go at the last minute. It's a really heartwarming event. "The Way We Make a Difference" is taking donations to buy tickets for teachers living in or near Raleigh.

Don't forget to vote for The National Inclusion Project at Pepsi Refresh! Vote email, text and facebook. :twinklewhore:

Hoping Mr Fear gets out of the hospital today. Other than a low fever he is doing great.

I want to go to the gala too but moving is going to just about suck us dry. :( *throws a tantrum* On top of that we're going up north for Labor Day weekend and that'll be a little bit of money too. It's just never meant to be...

Gala is not in the cards for me this year, what with the Carribean cruise at the beginning of October sucking all my $$. But hey, how often do we do something big like that? It's been about 6 years since I took a non-Clay vacation. My fingers are crossed for Broadway in the near future!

Something that looks really fun, from FromClaygary at CV:

And now.....I have an announcement to make! smile.gif

Experience Raleigh 2011

Have you been to Raleigh 20 times since 2003 and never seen anything but the hotel and Fayetteville St?

Are you afraid to drive on those streets that "change behind you as you drive"?

Heard the terrifying tales of "lost on the inner/outer beltline"?

Would you love to experience some of those "special places" Raleigh is famous for?

Do you live in the Raleigh area and would love to experience the beautiful city through the eyes of your friends?

In 2011….we have the solution!

Please join us for a fun and informational tour of Raleigh, NC.

In conjunction with the Champions for change Gala 2011, and benefitting the National Inclusion Project, we will be taking a tour of 10 of the most exciting "sights to see" in Raleigh. We hope to introduce visitors from outside the area to the "flavor" of the city and some of its most interesting history and attractions.

Just the Facts:

The tour will commence Friday Oct. 21st at 10:30 AM; passengers will be picked up outside the Raleigh Convention Centre, by the statue of Sir Walter.

The tour will end on or about 5 PM, and will deliver passengers back to the pickup location in plenty of time for the VIP event.

We are thrilled to have the use of a tour bus fleet that is fully equipped with restroom, refrigerator and an entertainment system for your comfort enroute.

It is also ADA accessible, and we encourage all to attend.

The cost of the tour will be $30 per person. A $15 deposit is to be paid at booking; this deposit is non-refundable, but you are welcome to sell your space to someone else if you are unable to attend the tour.

The balance of the cost must be paid prior to Oct. 15th.

This fee covers the cost of the bus transportation itself, provided informational literature, and a raffle ticket; meals, souvenirs purchased and any location fees must be covered by the individual making those purchases.

Our itinerary includes:

-downtown heritage area and the capital building

- a short stop at the Museum of Natural Sciences

-a very special lunch stop (individuals are responsible for their own meals) *

-Leesville High School *

-Leesville Baptist church *

-AE Finley YMCA *

-a surprise stop in this area *

-American Tobacco and the DBAP*

*of interest to Clay Aiken fans

Please bring your cameras! You will want to take pictures as mementos of the occasion. If you are not a photographer, some photographs taken enroute will be available for you following the tour.

How to register for the event:

Your deposit to hold YOUR seat on the bus can be made via Paypal, to expraleigh@gmail.com

Please ensure that you include, in the Paypal comments:

Your Full Name

Your Screen Name and Board, if that applies

Your full address

Your telephone number

(personal information will ONLY be used by the National Inclusion Project to provide your income tax receipt at the end of the year)

Please direct any questions to: expraleigh@gmail.com

PLEASE DO travel to your other boards with this information! smile.gif

Aw man, I was hoping to convince couchie to come to the Gala this year. I haven't sent in my stuff yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going! EEEEEEE!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be getting until Friday evening, so I can't go on the "tour." That sounds like a lot of fun.

Leaving work in a few minutes and then taking off for a short little vacation. My husband's 30th high school reunion is this weekend. Fortunately, we're staying in a hotel rather than anyone in his family (last time we did that, I ended up with a major allergy reaction...don't ask), so I should be able to stay connected via hotel wifi and my iPad. Unfortunately, though -- iPad and the OFC chat don't get along. Damn you Steven Jobs!

I had a wonderful time tonight at the final performance of AileyCamp 2011 for Berkeley/Oakland kids. It's a beautiful beautiful program and the kids were absolutely amazing tonight. It was a celebration of dance. How I wish my Alex could participate when she's old enough in 2 years just for the cultural aspect. But I fear she will be considered too well adjusted and privileged although my sister scrapes up every dime to send her to private school and pay for her dance classes. Sigh. But who knows, we'll go for it anyway http://www.calperfs.berkeley.edu/community/aileycamp/

Great idea FromClaygary. I did a lot of Clay trips and managed to see very little of most of the cities I visited. I hope everyone going has a wonderful time. I truly wanted to go LdyJ but just too much going on. I've had to kind of give up on the one event type of things. I miss being able to plan 5 Clay related things in one long weekend LOL.

Soooooooooo, did anybody else see their 401K plummet. Yeah long haul and all that jazz but it's disheartening. I'm not very political but I wish I could take the benefits that Congress gets and flush them down the toilet. They don't deserve those perks.

Hopefully it won't take too long for the market to make up for the loses. The economy is in such bad shape, I guess the drop was overdue. We may be in recession. There are still a lot of forclosures coming and employment doesn't look any better. No 401k for me. I was mostly self-employed so my savings went into a Keogh, which is self-directed.