#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:helloFCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features montages by SueReu ("Grace of God") and LovesClaysVoice ("In My Life") as fans celebrate Parker's third birthday by making UNICEF donations in his name for children at risk in the Horn of Africa.

Many thnx to Sue and LCV for providing Sendspace downloads for their wonderful montages. I think the donations are an awesome birthday tribute and hope the blog will inspire more.

th_hbhearts.jpg

It's short and sweet, and I hope you will visit. I think I wished Parker a "Happy Birthday" two or three times. Thank you for your blog visits/comments, tweets, Facebook posts, links, etc.

I understand that Jerry Aiken is actively seeking voting partners. Scarlett will be glad to make a widget when there's a list.

Have an awesome new week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

:GM_FCA:

73 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The doldrums of summer begin. Had to go out to the pharmacy in the weather yesterday. Temps hovered between 99 and 100. Fortunately went to the gym in the morning for a spin class and doing a little socializing too before the temps rose. The visiting nurse was coming to take some more blood from Mr Fear so I took advantage of the break.

I am so tired that I had a Clay dream last night. He invited all of his to his home to eat and mingle after the bus tour. :cryingwlaughter: I found out he really didn't like me after I nagged him in Charlotte. All I could say was get in line. :whistling-1:

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I used to have Clay dreams a lot but they've really slowed up in recent years. I've had worse ones than yours, Fear, where I've actually woken up really sad or angry over something he said or did in them. Those were usually the ones that felt really real.

I'm not looking forward to this month flying by. Summer my favorite season. After summer in Michigan pretty much comes winter and it can be long, cold and depressing.

72 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

I had a Clay dream last night. I was at the gala, but for some reason there was nothing Clay-centric at the auction at all. Then I found a little store in the same building that had some Clay dolls for sale. I tried to buy one but they said they were closed. And then I got into a discussion with some lady about what type of music Clay had been recording and would be recording in future.....I remember telling her I thought Broadway was in the near future. I saw Clay in a group of people but didn't approach him. Not too exciting I know, but I have these types of dreams often. No doubt it's me feeling guilty that I am not attending gala this year. :P

Our weather was crazy hot all through July with little to no rain, but this month we've seen quite a bit of rain so far, and today is much cooler than usual. My son has playoffs this weekend so hopefully the rain will hold off and let them get their games in!

Hey! Look what I finally got accomplished (via Jeffrey Alan's Framing)!

Spamalotstuffframed.jpg

This should look good in my remodeled office! By the way, the dots? Part of the confetti they shot out at the end of the show.

Idyj I loved those framed. In a drawer I have my playbill, but because when I was there it was Broadway Cares, Clay did not come out at stage door so I could not get it signed. I do have a picture with him that was taken after the show. I was in such a fog I did not realize he had both his hands on my shoulders when they snapped the picture. I also saved confetti.

My hubby and I went on a bike ride today and we did 103 miles, not sure if I will be able to move to go to work tomorrow!!

Very nice ldyj. It's interesting and is an eyecatcher. I have the Spamalot poster with autographs of the cast framed but did it conventionally.

Seems weird that Clay wore that great turquoise sweater in Charlotte, but said he didn't like it and never wore it again, yet wore that same color in his pictures. I think it's a great color for him.

Very nice Ldyj!

I think I finally got the countdown right; for some reason I thought the Gala was on the 21st..it is actually the 22nd:

72 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

:GE_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind with the NIP-approved voting widget is up. Go give this widget a grand workout! Please help spread the word to other boards who may be interested, and encourage everyone to vote all three ways -- Pepsi, Facebook, and text.

Thank you to Scarlett and royalle for preparing the widget, to queenmama247 for sharing a group text idea that will happen at a wedding reception this weekend, and to all who comment, advertise, and support the Carolina blog.

Have an awesome weekend, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

70 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

From Openly Clay...

WithMissCaliforniaUSA2012.jpg

This is from Miss California USA 2012 Monique Villa's Facebook page. It was taken at Ford Theater, in California -- probably last month when he was there for Outfest.

Yummy.

Thanks for getting the board back up ldyj. Let us (me) know if funds are needed.

Nice picture of Clay.

Got myself a new CPU and couldn't get it to recognize the hard drive. I had to use the restore dvd to get anything going. Called tech support and was told to open up the box and check the ribbon to the hard drive as they get loose in shipping. Sure enough it was loose. Never had that happen before. It's working like a charm now. I'm using my old monitor and it's looking fine.

Thank you LadyJ for taking care of FCA today. I've sent you the payment. I saw that invoice come in a couple days ago but it's been such a crazy week that I was pretty much ignoring everything until the weekend. So much for that.

Anyway, normally at least twice a day I can get online and check emails. Not today. My day started at 6:30 as I was waiting for my sister to pick me up for work. I decided to check my work emails. When I did I realize that I had not ordered provisions for a ship leaving tomorrow. Checked the next email and saw that I had won a bid that involved buying a lot of halal meat and I didn't really have optimal lead time remaining. Then the next one involved a new order for a ship departing on Sunday. I hit the ground running and didn't stop until I left the office at 6:30 with a pile of work to do this weekend. Then I went out with a bunch of work people because one of my coworkers is leaving us and moving to Hawaii!! Lucky duck. I love my job. It's so different than accounting.

Now I'm dead tired and going to sleep. Have a great weekend!!

Hope things calm down at work couchie. Stuff happens. We went a weekend without water when my husband was paying the household bills. That was quite painful. We borrowed water in a pail from a neighbor's outside hose to wash up and to flush the toilets.

Off to make breakfast and get Mr Fear out of bed. He is doing great but I worry when he tries to do too much. He has the plaster cast on his leg from his thigh to his ankle and isn't supposed to put any weight on it.

69 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Ha ha..just woke up and saw how light it was outside. Checked the clock and saw that it was after 7 and than ran to the bathroom and turned on the shower and called my sister to see how far along she was in getting up and out. She said...crazy girl it's SATURDAY GO BACK TO BED. LOL.