#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Kim, it was his idea to do this and we said that we didn't want to overload them. He said he didn't care just get the word out! He said that it couldn't hurt him in sny way.

I might have considered contacting PBS if I could do it through email but I don't even call places for Clay unless I absolutely have to so not going to do it for Ernie.

I'm going to try to go to the gala this year. I've only been to one and I'd like to go again. The chances at this point are good that I can go since I don't have to worry about flights. I just have to save up for a ticket, and it will be the cheapest seat that will get me in the same room. But first I have to pay to take some more Praxis tests so that I can get a couple more certificates. In this economy, especially with some people out there with Master's degrees in Education also looking for teaching jobs, I'll need all the advantages I can get.

Kim, it was his idea to do this and we said that we didn't want to overload them. He said he didn't care just get the word out! He said that it couldn't hurt him in sny way.

Did he also ask the fans of other guests on his show? I guess I just don't see it as our job to do this.

Kim

Ernie asked me to get the word out so I said I would.. I'm doing a favor for someone who showed Clay respect and treated him very well. Its the least I can do.

He was talking to Clay Aiken fans so I don't know or care about others.

I would request the show on Facebook or by email but doubt that I would call the Program Director. I'm just not a very aggressive fan. merrieeee, sounds like he considers you a friend. I don't blame him for self promoting, we all do it to some extent. But I think most fans will do what they are comfortable with.

Ldyj, look forward to hearing from you about the Gala. Justclay, I hope you can get there too.

As I understood Ernie, he was looking at this as promotion for Clay too. If you liked that interview and would like for as many people as possible to see it, that is. He was genuinely amazed at the sales of the Clay Aiken episode on DVD. Of course, Ernie is pushing his series and wants it to be shown as widely as possible, but as he explained to us, it's free for the stations to pick up, and local audience requests carry a lot of clout with public television stations. But for God's sake, don't anybody do anything to make yourself uncomfortable. Although, I can't actually imagine anyone doing anything on purpose to make themselves feel uncomfortable. My comfort level has never been compromised by making requests to local media where Clay can benefit.

:GM_FCA:

Keepingfaith We all approach our fandoms differently; some fans are comfortable promoting Clay in anyway possible, that is just not me. The best I can do is buy his CD's and go to a concert when he is in town. There should be room in the fandom for all types of fans.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From CV by way of GCA (Claybella):

A little birdie told me Clay and Tyra saw Wonderland last night. No tweets...

Kim

Well I guess the whole Clay with Tyra sighting may have been "nonsense" (TM CHA). No matter. Who knows, but I do hope he's there to firm up (takes a moment) some professional business. I wanna do some major EEEEEEEing s.o.o.n. :whistling-1:

That said....I'm beat! My job is a wee bit too physical for these old bones. I'm going to hit the hay and pray for news another day. hee

I'm a poet and didn't know it :imgtongue: g'nite FCA

Clay/Tyra...Per CV via GCA, the original poster was upset that her post was taken across the boards...um..what did she expect..you post news like that it is going to be shared. She said it was true but is now wishing she had not said anything. Tyra actually tweeted about it but did not mention Clay, but perhaps knowing he does not like twitter chose to leave him out.

"takes off reporter hat"

Kim

:GA_FCA:

Wednesday evening I uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind that spotlights the complete Mesa T&T Concert in high def, more NJU stories, and the National Inclusion Project's 'Dancing Like the Stars' fundraiser.

Hope you enjoy! Thnx for your visits and blog comments, which help in the Google scheme of things. :clay:

Have an awesome rest of the week, FCA! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Woohoo I'm getting an Aussie copy of TnT from a friend! :twinklewhore: I think I've read that it isn't any different except for the label names, but it's still cool to add it to the collection. It should be in with some Tim Tams next week..I'm looking forward to those too! :teehee1:

That is cool shortyjill!

I have a request..would someone be able to make me a DVD of Waukegan T&T tour..I would be happy to pay for shipping...can't make DVD's myself and would love to have the show.

Kim

Today is my husband's last day of work; he is thrilled to be retiring after 30 years with Frito-Lay, but I have to admit I am a little nervous about our budget. We will be living on his pension and my salary...no SS since he is too young, but he is hoping to find a part-time job. So it is probably good that Clay will not be touring any time soon since I am not sure if I could afford to go..belt-tightening time now!

Kim

I’d be happy to make Waukegan DVDs for you guys. I’ll have to check the vaults and see if anyone has all the songs from that show uploaded.

Thank you so much!

Kim

I’d be happy to make Waukegan DVDs for you guys. I’ll have to check the vaults and see if anyone has all the songs from that show uploaded.

Thank you very much, I am so gratefull.

So where has everybody been...real life must be keeping people busy. No plans this week-end so looking forward to have a couple of days off to just veg. Supposed to be cold anyway..where is Spring? More importantly, where is Clay..we really are due for a tweet or something!

Kim

I'm here! It's just that real life (in my case) work is super busy. It's budget time and it's also program plan time, meaning many statistics are needed to be compiled. This, plus we've been one staff member short since the end of September last year. This is the person who should have been compiling stats for us; instead, we can't find a qualified candidate that we like! So, I'm struggling to compile the stats.

Needless to say, I'm kind of glad that Clay is taking a break. As much as I miss him, I'm also thankful that I don't have him competing with my time when I really should be working! Besides, I have all kinds of faith that he'll be around for us a long time to come. I'm not one who needs the constant reassurance, and also just don't need to know where he is all the time. Just my $0.02, of course.

For those that need something to do, though -- there ARE some projects that need to be completed here. For example, several of us volunteered to find "the best of the Timeless Tour audio files." Most of us promptly then forgot...except for Fear, bless her heart. Here is the thread for the recommendations. Here is a listing of who volunteered, although I'm not sure if it is the most current list:

FWW/TITN

Suspicious Minds - FearOfH20

Bring it on Home to Me (Ruben) - luckiest1

60s Medley - couchie

Natural Woman (Casey)

Still the One - luckiest1

Marvin Gaye Medley (Ruben)

70s Medley - keepingfaith

Mandy - ldyjocelyn

Superstar (Ruben)

I'm Every Woman (Quiana)

Baby, Stay With Me Tonight? (Ruben) - goldarngirl

LackofRhythmitis Banter (Ruben)

When I See You Smile

80s Medley - cindilu2

Everything I Do, I Do For You (Ruben)

90s Medley - vivs

I've Had the Time of my Life

So, let's get cracking! And then, of course, we need to work on the TnT tour!

Another idea -- the admins and mods have been bouncing around some ideas to keep "us" busy. Ideas include a "watching party," a trivia contest, and another photo contest. Anyone have any ideas?

aikim, congrats to your husband. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to retirement. I know some people got BUSIER with retirement, while others were truly at a loss with what to do with themselves during the day.

Now, off to the article thread -- I'm behind there!

I can totally understand being busy ldyj...our fiscal year ends May 1st and we are swamped plus we will be having one of the ladies off in our department the end of April for knee surgery..not looking forward to that!

Hubby will be fine..plenty of projects around the house to keep him busy..he likes doing that stuff..I am lucky to have a handy man..saves money. Good thing I am working though..I think it would be worse if we were both around the house together..love him..but sometimes too much togetherness...

I love the idea of a Viewing Party or a Trivia Contest!

Kim