#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

A little Clay news..nice that he is out and about with Parker and enjoying the day:

EDIT: This is from facebook, not a tweet.

Jeff S Beck http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=183...595&sk=wall

went to the zoo in asheboro today and saw clay aiken there with his son .....

5 minutes ago via mobile

From clayizzaqt at CV:

This is soooo cool! A friend of mine and fellow CV member alerted me to the fact that the "National Inclusion Project" is the charity chosen for this year's Dragon Con event in Atlanta this Labor Day Weekend!!! This is a HUGE event! Congrats to the "National Inclusion Project"! That is thinking outside the box!

Dragon Con

Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe!

This is happening Labor Day Week-end!

Kim

Thanks for that info aikim. I just saw that Dragoncon is on PBS tonight. Unfortunately I dislike scfi intensely so won't be watching. Should I be hiding? :cryingwlaughter:

However there are so many fans I just wish it had been earlier so the attendees could vote and drink lots of Pepsi. Congrats to the National Inclusion Project! :twinklewhore:

Thanks for that info aikim. I just saw that Dragoncon is on PBS tonight. Unfortunately I dislike scfi intensely so won't be watching. Should I be hiding? :cryingwlaughter:

However there are so many fans I just wish it had been earlier so the attendees could vote and drink lots of Pepsi. Congrats to the National Inclusion Project! :twinklewhore:

I guess I would have to hide with you since I am not a sci-fi fan either..but the best of luck to the National Inclusion Project..I hope they clean up!

Kim

LOVE that news aikim! Science fiction fans are intense -- that's how I learned to deal with the Clay fandom. *g* Anyway, their intensity also goes into their support of charities, so I'm going to guess that the Project will do fantastic! Woohoo!!!!!

Congrats Couchie!!! :)

gbmifan, good luck!

So I just noticed...it's been 1 full year since I've joined here. I'm far from a mushy person but I just want to say how much I've grown to love this board and the free ability to say whatever, and of course all you people make it great!! *g*

Now... I'm ready for a little Clay eee'ing and squeeing this fall!

:yeahthat: to all of the above. And that was the reason I starting to posting here too.

Now what I want to know is if that jackass canfly was the one who brought my butt over here? Was looking through the emotes and found this :moon2: which has become my designation over at NNHB ever since I started getting called Shelf Ass. Long story, unless you've actually seen by butt.

JMS I KNEW someone would suggest I mosey on down to the gala. Ha ha. I will be ready for any events in 2012.

Congrats to National Inclusion Project for being a part of such a big event. I'm not into sci fi either but i know how big it is. I like that this audience will learn about the organization.

Treenuts, where are you? Did you get my mail?

Happy anniversary Shortyjill!

Shelf Life...sounds like a good story.

:GM_FCA:

52 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Congratulations on the raise, Couchie :04: !

Sonoma in 2012? That is unless Clay uses up all of our vacation time :clay: . I wouldn't mind that.

I'm there! And guess what I just found out. The first annual Napa film festival will take place in November. I want to go really really bad! I'm going to go for it.

Looking forward to TAR.

Is this the longest week ever or what. It's only Wednesday -- well at least for 52 more minutes. It feels like Clay's meaning for the word "soooooon"

51 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

50 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Ohhh all the new titles sound good! It'll be hard to decide this time.

Seems kinda quiet around here. Anyone gonna do something fun for Labor Day weekend? We were gonna go up north, my family was planning on celebrating birthdays but it fell through. Instead I'm going to an end of summer party out at a friend's tonight and then Sunday we're going to IKEA. :) I can't wait!

:GE_FCA:

Yesterday I posted a Carolina On My Mind entry featuring the Dragon*Con Convention with the National Inclusion Project as the designated charity and I Am NORM's $50k Pepsi drive. The I Am NORM voting widget, an initiative of the NIP, is at the top of the Carolina blog sidebar.

Too bad Dragon*Con wasn't last weekend! Jerry Aiken has already posted that he hopes to get some text votes for I Am NORM. He also listed some charity partners, which royalle has included in the widget list.

In addition to North Carolina causes, there are several groups who voted for the NIP in August. If the foundation does this again in a few months, these people will come back and support us. They were there for us last year, too.

One group Scarlett is addting to the widget tonight has connections similar to the Inclusion Project/I Am NORM partnership. Many of you will remember St. Marys School, one of our largest reciprocal voters in August. You can see the affiliation in their voting info:

Mobile Tech Lab/St. Marys 108621

Let us know if you want embed codes for a widget, vertical or horizontal. Scarlett worked on both the sidebar and CV widgets into the wee hours of Friday morning.

:thankyou: for your blog visits/comments and for voting for I Am NORM! In the "How To Vote" panel, there is a sample comment which you can copy, augment, etc.

Have an awesome Labor Day Weekend, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Sounds like you're all moved in shortyjill.

I may go shopping this weekend. I'd like to buy something for the Gala. I took Mr Fear to the doctor to get his cast removed, stitches removed and put on a new blue cast. Then I took both cats to the vet for some shots. I'm all doctored out today. :surrender:

In honor of labor day I will be laboring. I have to work Monday and my other job pretty much all weekend.

shortyjill I haven't been to Ikea in a decade. I remember when it opened here and going was like an event. Have fun.

LadyJ did you survive your day?

49 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim

Note to self: Go through piles of papers more often than once every couple of months...going through a stack of stuff in the kitchen..I have a basket that I throw stuff in until I can go through it and found a bill that I swear I never got...kind of embarrassing after you have called and complained about not receiving a bill and getting late charges, etc.

Back to cleaning the kitchen.

Kim

Thanks for asking couchie. I did make it through yesterday, although I was dog tired and went to bed at 9:30 p.m. The good thing about it is that I now have 2 hours banked for a day when I just need to get away for a while!

Plans for today include a pedicure (sweet!) and some cooking. Last week was home-made marinara sauce; this weekend, home-made salsa. I may also make more marinara, as the Roma tomato plants are thriving, and I can't use them fast enough!

I wish there was an Ikea close to my house -- the nearest one is three hours away! I could use one too, as I need a cheap coffee table.

aikim, filing is my most hated of all tasks. H.A.T.E. So I feel your pain.

Sometime this week, I'm going to buy tickets to a certain Gala, hopefully some not-to-painfully-priced airline tickets, and a hotel reservation. Need to talk to jmh first. EEEEEEE!