#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Stove is cleaned and shiny..I even pulled it out and cleaned behind it..lots of dust..really had to scrub to get some of the grease off the sides. Everything from the counters is piled on the kitchen table..trying to figure out how to re-arrange so the counters are not so cluttered. I think that is going to be a hopeless task..too much stuff and not enough room.

Have fun at the Gala ldyj, one of these years I am going to get my butt down there...but until then I will live on clack..hope Clay sings some new songs and the Foundation makes lots of money.

Jerry Aiken is at the convention in Atlanta this week-end..hope they do well there!

Kim

Fear, glad to hear Mr. Fear had is doing well, sounds like things are going as planned. I also took one of my cats in for shots late last week, and they tell me he urgently needs a dental, because he has two infected teeth. Argh. I have successfully put off doing dentals on any of my animals to date....looks like my luck may be running out. The "best case scenario" quote is upwards of $350.....yikes!

Yesterday I got up while it was still dark (nothing new for me :cryingwlaughter: ) and drove to my son's place for 6:30 am. 5 of us piled into his Jeep and drove to Port Lampton for the final baseball tournament of the season. The game was at 9 a.m. Halfway there, my son realized he had forgotten to bring the extra team jerseys that would be needed for a couple of players that don't regularly play on our team. After many phone calls and scrambling, we managed to find one player who hadn't left the city yet, and woke another one up who was scheduled to work at 10 a.m. We arranged for them to meet and grab another jersey. Thankfully, we pulled the arrangements off and our last two players arrived at the diamond with seconds to spare before we had to forfeit the game. Unfortunately, we lost, so we were eliminated. Ah well, they say the joy is in the journey, right? At least the weather held!

No plans for the rest of the weekend....just the usual groceries, laundry and cooking. It's supposed to be rainy but I see blue sky peeking through right now. I love long weekends!

:GM_FCA:

Been raining here since last night so I guess I will continue my Labor Day clean-a-thon. Hope it is dry tomorrow as I really need to get out and do some yard work.

48 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Sleepless night last night -- headache, husband had a late gig (he plays in a band sometimes), and then simply just sleeplessness. Sigh. I'm going to be worthless today.

On the other hand, my salsa turned out really good yesterday!

aikim, I almost hate to say this, because I know of the situation the Texas people here are having, but this rain we are getting is useful! I wish it would continue for a while!

Finally -- merrieeee

bday2.gif

Happy birthday Merrieeee! :cake:

So... I kinda went on a date last night, but I don't know if either of us would call it that. LOL We texted for 5 hours before deciding I'd go down and see him. We sorta hit it off at my friend's party the night before. Luckily it's one of those situations where I've known him for a few years now, and for about the past year we've chatted every time we've been at a party together. And.. I've sorta had a crush on him for a few months. I'd say I'm happy! :)

Wishing all a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

Happy Birthday to merrieeee! :bdayparty2:

Sounds like a great beginning, shortyjill!

Just a reminder that you can vote for I Am NORM - NIP and reciprocating charities from the widget at the top of the Carolina On My Mind blog's sidebar. This group established by the Inclusion Project needs your support.

th_HappySunday.jpg

Caro :listen:

Rain has moved out..blue skies and an absolutely gorgeous day! Kitchen is all spic and span clean and I can actually see my countertops! yahoo.gif

Hubby is replacing some parts of the sub-floor in the living room that are weakened before he puts the flooring down..hoping that will be in the next couple of weeks..still some painting to finish.

Going to relax and enjoy the day!

Kim

From the DragonCon Convention:

Rah! RT @dc_charity: #DragonCon Stargate auction done.We raised >$32K for the National Inclusion Project & we still have art show auction!

Home from my bike tour. Did a few less miles than I wanted to. We had two days of rain and we went out after the rain ended. The advantage of having a car with us. We did a total of 258 miles in 5 days. Now to catch up!!

Home from my bike tour. Did a few less miles than I wanted to. We had two days of rain and we went out after the rain ended. The advantage of having a car with us. We did a total of 258 miles in 5 days. Now to catch up!!

Talked to my West Coast son this morning and he was going out for a 65 mile road trip today with his girlfriend. It's amazing as he had a concussion and cuts to his face and legs last week from a mountain bike fall. I'm lucky to go around the block several times on my bike. I'm much better in a spin class. :whistling-1:

Exciting news about raising so much money for the NIP. I'm starting to have better feelings about that scifi stuff. :clap: And it sounds like they are not done yet.

ausdon, are you talking about the land around your house or some good gossip? :hysterical:

I ended up buying a dress, 2 sweaters, a tank top, jewelry and a handbag yesterday. Even with the sale, coupons and gift certificate, it left a tidy sum on my credit card. Fortunately I don't shop too often. :smack:

Have a Happy Labor day!

47 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

th_HappyLaborDay.jpgFCA!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day off whether it's spelled "Labor" or "Labour"! :)

Just a note that the I Am NORM/National Inclusion Project Voting Widget is now in the Clayboard and OFC threads for this cause. Scarlett has posted links to the Widgetbox home base, and it will be at the top of the Carolina On My Mind sidebar throughout September.

Between Labor Day courses, you have lots of options for casting votes for inclusion and reciprocating partners. According to Jerry Aiken's communication, should NORM win, the National Inclusion Project will receive the funds and manage the program. It's all about inclusion!

WE are I AM Norm. This is a program within National Inclusion. We work in conjunction with other funders and are focusing on youth movement to build awarenss about inclusion. National Inclusion receives the funds and manages the program.

Have an awesome day, all! :dancetom:

Caro :listen:

Wow, did it ever turn cold here, fast. Today I have been picking things from the garden and putting them down for the freezer. So far, I've made a thai basil pesto, and a pureed, Indian spiced dish with some of my rainbow chard, called 'saag'. I might also make a batch of pizza dough so we can have pizza night this week. Otherwise, I'm being pretty lazy today. :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest, you sound like me! I made salsa on Saturday, and a batch of home-made marinara is on the stove right now. Plus, I made pesto yesterday. I have a store bought crust for later in the week to make chicken/tomato/pesto pizza. Love to cook this time of the year.

And yes, it turned cool -- thank God. 97 degrees for the beginning of September is NOT fun.

Topic: wonder if Clay ever learned to cook? Hee.

46 Days until the Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Talking myself out of working today and daydreaming about a trip to Napa. Rented the car already just in case!

Hope you went and that you stopped at Allora to buy a box of chocolates!

It's not until November. I have the car and now I have the days off. Those chocolate would KILL my budget LOL.

Lady J... you must have tomatoes growing like crazy!!