# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

Anyone want to try:

Tweet:

gabrielkillian Good Guy Gabe

If you repeat "CLAY AIKEN" into the mirror 5 times, turn the lights off & on, he will appear in your bathtub, wearing nothing but a bow-tie.

Bwah! Shower maybe, but never bathtub.

Just for purely scientific reasons :whistling-1: I gave it a try but no luck :(

aikim, what a handsome boy! AND....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

I personally love that my iPad can stream a bunch of shows. I watched Carson Kressley and Chaz Bono on DWTS through that...both were incredibly fun, and both would probably be the reason I watch this season. (But now I need to watch the streaming of "The Sing-Off." Would much rather watch that than X-Factor...)

treenuts, somehow I knew you'd be the one to try that experiment. *g*

:GM_FCA:

Fear We are having a ball with him..only thing you have to be quick with diapers as I am sure you know, LOL!

Lovely picture to wake up to!

78 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

For Clay Being on Network TV soon, forthwith, down the road, in the near future, before long, etc....

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features the 2012 Clay Aiken Wall/Desk Calendars and GoodSearch/GoodShop, all of which help raise money for the National Inclusion Project.

In their sixth season, the calendars produced by Rosaratana (this year with Tried & True concert photos by toni7babe) generated donations of $965.62 in sales and $650 during the gala auction last fall. Calendar orders will be accepted through Nov. 22.

Thank you for your birthday greetings for my grandson Kai in the previous Carolina entry. He has had quite a week with a birthday banner decorating the van, too!

th_BD3.pngLia and Kai.

Happy Birthday, aikim! :04:

Have a great evening, all! It's almost Friday! :whee:

Caro :listen:

Hope you had a great day, aikim. Yesterday was crazy as 10 people descended on my house for the Grey's Anatomy premiere, and we had a make-your-own pizza night. Tonight will be just as crazy, as most of the same people, plus more, descend once again for a before-the-wedding-rehearsal BBQ. My mom will also be arriving for the weekend. Tomorrow is the actual wedding. The bride, Meghan, is a good friend of my daughter's, who she went to high school with. My daughter lived with their family for a few months at one point as well, so we are close. Meghan is marrying Eve, a girl who has also become a part of the family to us. Sadly, I found out this week that some of the relatives invited to the wedding have declined, apparently because they don't feel that two women getting married is 'real'. One of them is the bride's father. Whatever.

So in the midst of all the excitement yesteday, I got a tweet from Team Clay informing me not to miss Clay's new Facebook picture. I had seen it earlier on CV but I thought it was kind of cool that they thought to tweet it as well. I hope it means that we are going to be get some info on the mysterious network TV role soon!

Big Bang Theory was a hoot last night..two episodes and both funny as heck and I am still shipping Penny and Sheldon..they have such great chemistry together.

78 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

For Clay Being on Network TV soon, forthwith, down the road, in the near future, before long, etc....

Yahoo.gif

Kim

Are you doing the wedding dinner too luckiest? Too bad about the relatives of the bride. Surely the dad could keep his opinion to himself and do what's important for his child. I'm pretty outspoken but I try not to second guess my sons. Have a great time at the weekend's wedding events.

I hope everyone has a great day!It's raining today and I love it. :twinklewhore:

Hope your birthday was good one Aikim.

What exactly is the big bang theory premise? There's a block of CBS comedys that I know a lot of people watch that I have just never seen. This is one of them. Maybe I'll catch on netflix one of these days.

Sorry about your friend's family. Sadly, not very surprising.

TGIF

Huge Big Bang Theory fan here! Last night's season openers were hilarious, I thought I would hurt myself laughing! I love the whole cast, they are sooo good!! :)

luckiest good luck with the wedding tomorrow!

Me too! Couchie It is about 4 friends who are scientists and nerdy..lots of talk about physics, etc...basically about them and their love lives or lack there of..the two leads are Sheldon and Leonard and if you remember early TV, Sheldon Leonard was a producer and was also in "It's a Wonderful Life"..the two main characters were named as a tribute to him. It is a fun show because they are always trying to be cool when they are not and they love Comic Books, SuperHeros and playing games on the computer. You should really check it out.

Kim

I'm not doing the wedding dinner, it's catered. But I am supposedly responsible for hitting the buttons on the iPod during the ceremony. Eeeek! Last night's dinner before the rehearsal was fine, but it was bedlam in here. My house is tiny, and I lost count of the number of people who were wandering in and out. I BBQed hamburgers and I had made a quiche and a pie earlier in the day. Someone else brought macaroni & cheese, and a cake. For the last 1/2 hour, I had to hold on to one of my dogs, because she isn't used to kids (i.e. she might snap at them), and there were a couple of the bride's nieces and nephews running around as well.

So, I guess pretty soon I should figure out what to wear to the wedding today, huh? :cryingwlaughter:

Good luck with the wedding luckiest1; hope you live up to your screenname and all goes well!

Went shopping for a sofa last night and found one in our price range; had to come home and double check the measurements as we only have one spot in the living room for a couch. It will fit with a little room to spare so going back today to buy it. I have not had a couch in about two years, we have an old daybed now and as comfy as it is, it will be nice to have a real couch. I am excited!

77 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

Yahoo.gif

Kim

So, I guess pretty soon I should figure out what to wear to the wedding today, huh? :cryingwlaughter:

Now that's the problem.

Sounds like you are getting a lot of practice for when one of your kids wed.

I still have nightmares of my son's wedding weekend.Right after the rehearsal dinner I was shopping for two cases of wine at the grocery store before they stopped selling it at midnight, had to make a sheet cake sized spinach lasagna for the vegetarians attending the wedding and had to clean the house (they were finishing up an addition we had added)for the guests who would stop over after the reception and had to go over to the reception site (30 miles form home) early the next morning before the wedding to decorate with the bride's mom. Before the wedding I just washed the gunk out of my hair, which was styled the day before and had to patch up the chips on my fingernails. To top it off I had invited the out of town guests over for breakfast the following morning. They stayed for lunch.

I hope you all have a great day!

From CV...Celebrity Apprentice is on NBC...coincidence?

QUOTE (Barbara W @ Sep 24 2011, 08:40 AM) post_snapback.gifHas anyone been watching TODAY show this morning? They were doing a segment on Reality shows and mentioned Idol -- they only brought up one from that show --- Clay Aiken -- talked about the million albums he sold and then went on to Broadway -- show a picture of Clay dressed as Sir Robin

It was great to see him on my TV!!!

Well, it does seem odd that out of all the Idols and many who are more successful than Clay..that he would be the only one shown...I think at this point fans are desperate for anything and will grab at any straw no matter how far-fetched.

So what am I doing t his Saturday morning..trying to put together material on cataloging and specifically Seymour Lubetzky for a paper I need to do for my Cataloging class (part of my LTA)..can you say boring? Apparently he was instrumental in changing the way the card catalog was done and I have to find a way to link that with today's cataloging since those changes have carried over and do a power point..this is going to be a challenge.

Kim

I know luckiest is probably a bit busy right about now, but I wish her luck with this wedding today. Sounds wonderful to me!

I'm being the supportive "faculty wife" for my husband today. He works at a college where a sizeable donation was made to upgrade the archives and create a reading room within his library. Today is the ribbon cutting, so he's upstairs in his office, trying to figure out the remarks he needs to say later on. Me? I'm on the archives computer, searching for Clay information. *g*

Big Bang Theory was a hoot last night..two episodes and both funny as heck and I am still shipping Penny and Sheldon..they have such great chemistry together.

78 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

Yahoo.gif

Kim

I love Big Bang Theory! I didn't watch it when it first came on here but now they are showing an episode every night (sometimes three in a row)so I am lovin it!! (occasionally call one of the kids "Sheldor" if he wears a longsleeve tshirt under a short sleeve one - he is so impressed (not!)

Good luck with the wedding luckiest1; hope you live up to your screenname and all goes well!

Went shopping for a sofa last night and found one in our price range; had to come home and double check the measurements as we only have one spot in the living room for a couch. It will fit with a little room to spare so going back today to buy it. I have not had a couch in about two years, we have an old daybed now and as comfy as it is, it will be nice to have a real couch. I am excited!

77 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

Yahoo.gif

Kim

We went shopping today too. Intended to buy a very reasonably priced (cheap) tv cabinet for the very reasonably priced TV that I bought on Friday. Yes we did that but then decided to just

have a look at some whitegoods........yes, walked out having bought a dishwasher and freezer. It will be great to have a dishwasher again after being without one for a couple of months in our new house.

Oh well, there goes a few pays that I don't have the "worry" of deciding what to do with!!!

We have just had a crazy month of audits at my work (a bank)- my job is mainly to make sure our district is following the procedures to pass these audits so this has been my testing time. Everyone

passed so I am taking a week off for the kids school holidays. I felt quite giddy with relief after work on Thursday, :twinklewhore: I was more stressed than I thought.

I was reaching for the Clay on the way to work each day without thinking so I should have realised that I subconsciously needed the calmness that his music brings to me.

Wheeee! The wedding went off without a hitch. The weather cooperated: even though the forecast said rain, it was sunny and warm. Eve's side wore tuxes and Meghan's side wore dresses. Meghan was possibly the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. They got married in a little chapel, with about 60 guests in attendance. Their vows were quite unique, and I loved the ceremony. They did a hand binding Celtic tradional vow as well. I managed to hit play, pause, and fade 3 times on 3 different songs on the iPod without screwing it up. After the wedding they went and did pictures with the photographer, and somehow Eve ended up in my daughter's car. The bridal party all arrived back at the reception hall, but no Eve & Lindsay. We texted them and found out they had taken a slight detour and were now lost. :cryingwlaughter: So dinner was delayed a good half an hour until they found their way back again and everyone made their formal entrance.

My sons were both invited (Stu was the official videographer), and my mom, and it was just so cool to see everyone so open and accepting. Eve's 85 year old grandparents were in attendance, and her grandfather, who has Alzheimers, gave a traditional Scottish blessing. The first dance was Stained's "Tangled Up In You" and it was possibly the best first dance I had ever seen. I am not a wedding person and they don't make me cry, ever, but that did. I think it was just because, when I was young, the idea of two women getting married was unfathomable. I struggled long and hard with my own sexuality back then, and if all of these avenues had been open to me, my life would have most likely turned out very, very differently than it did. So to see the two of them up there, dancing to that gorgeous song, with everyone looking on, oohing and awwwing over them, made me very emotional. And then the rest of the bridal party joined in, and so did Eve's grandparents. It was something I'll never forget.

The rest of the evening went by with lots of dancing and partying and then Eve took Meghan's garter off with her teeth. :naughtywag: Meghan threw her bouquet and my daughter's girlfriend caught it. :whistling-1: My camera doesn't work very well in dark situations, so I really didn't get any good pictures at all. However, I will post a couple if anyone puts any good ones up on facebook. They really are a very cute couple.

Fear, you are so right, this was really good practice for when my kid's get married. :hysterical:

Here are the only pictures from my camera I managed to salvage. Two from inside the chapel and two from the reception. One is my daughter dancing with Meghan, and the other is the happy couple during their first dance. I tried to attach them but it wouldn't work. This should be a public link to the facebook album.