# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

I asked him, who he would pick for Time Magazine's person of the year. He thought about it, set the question aside for a while, and finally asked us who we thought. A lot of people said Steve Jobs (when I submitted the question he was still alive!), but the someone said "the unemployed" and he liked that answer.

Congrats on a great question, LdyJ! Given Supreme Court rulings, the 2011 person of the year could be a corporation. However, I would give it to "The Arab Spring" - because that's actually real people. You know what they say .... Corporations can't be people until Texas executes one of 'em.

First of all...hee.

Secondly, when I originally devised the question, my answer was "Mother Nature." Earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Tsunami in New Zealand. All kinds of crap in Australia. Tornadoes in the south. Droughts in Texas. Hurricane Irene. Blizzard in the Midwest.

But then I forgot to suggest it to him. Sigh.

I did suggest The Arab Spring to him, though, as I agree -- that is a MAJOR change in that part of the world. Unfortunately, he didn't see my suggestion through all the suggestions of "Steve Jobs."

Oh, and one more thing -- that was the ONLY question I submitted to him. I put some thought behind it (but not too much) and it worked!

There is no one who is not allowed to go to the gala! Just buy a ticket and you can go. Not being able to buy a ticket for whatever reason is not exclusion it's life!

Telling the eHP they cannot go because they are too wild and crazy now that's exclusion!

If having no clack of the new song means having no clack of the gala at all I kinda understand the disappointment. Isn't it pretty much the only thing on the schedule all year? My guess is that people could live without the new song if there was something else to look forward to like the auction, other songs, etc. I guess this would also mean no cell cert as well.

Maybe I'll download last year's and watch that. I don't think I've ever seen it.

I think mother nature would make an excellent "person of the year" It's been CRAZY.

Hi all! Posting from Puerto Rico tonight....they have a free business centre at this hotel. We got off the cruise ship this morning but everything still feels like it's rocking from side to side to me. I did not get sea sick though, so that is a bonus. We have one more day here, and we plan to go out and see the old part of San Juan and perhaps tour the Bacardi Rum plant as well.

Well, I have to say I sure didn't see a new radio single coming! In fact, that's about the last thing I would have guessed. Did he give a hint as to what genre? In any case, all of you who are able to go to the gala are going to be lucky ducks! I can live a month without clack if it's that important to him, but I do hope we get other clack, especially of the auctions. That is always my favourite part.

If having no clack of the new song means having no clack of the gala at all I kinda understand the disappointment.

I sorta agree. *g*

Isn't it pretty much the only thing on the schedule all year?

I guess you've blocked out the Tried and True tour in February and March then. Hee.

My guess is that people could live without the new song if there was something else to look forward to like the auction, other songs, etc. I guess this would also mean no cell cert as well.

Yeah, that's why I sorta agree with you. But I'm not sure at all how he can allow the rest of it without major limitations.

I really do feel for people who can't afford to make it. But I've also read on the CH that there was a similar sort of thing that happened in 2004, for the first Gala held in LA. That was the time when Clay had to cancel three shows because of vocal problems, and he couldn't talk at all at the Gala. What had he arranged? A showing of his Christmas special, way ahead of time. Those who got to go gushed about it afterwards, and those who didn't listened intently at their descriptions.

I guess it's desperate times for people who need their clack hits. *shrug* I must also be "wired" a bit differently, because I don't download every piece of clack anymore, only certain pieces. It's not a "need" for me anymore.

luckiest, he said that we should call our AC stations. Which, of course, doesn't tell us a lot.

COUCHIE!!!! cryingwlaughter.gif Last day for our vacation, as we will begin the journey home tomorrow morning. We are sun burnt and I think I may have gained 10 pounds. I started out well, walking a mile on the jogging track on the ship each morning, and choosing healthy foods from the menu.....yeah, that lasted the first couple of days. After that I was too tired to do much more than push myself away from the dinner table. We toured 5 Caribbean islands in 6 days. Now we are in Puerto Rico and almost broke, so we are looking for inexpensive things to do and eat. Ha ha. Today we plan on a free trolley and a free tour. It's the taxis that kill ya. But I'm not complaining! We've had the trip of a lifetime and have over a thousand pictures to prove it. I can't wait to be able to see them on the big screen. There are no media card readers here and I am not turning my blackberry on to upload anything until we cross the Canadian border. The roaming charges would kill me.

I told Lindsay about Clay's big surprise and we both are still scratching our heads about it. Why radio? Haven't we already been down this path with less than stellar results? Hey, I'm thrilled to hear he's recording again of course, and I can't wait to hear the new song....but radio? I guess I'm skeptical and I don't relish the thought of calling my AC station. I'll do it, of course, but it will almost certainly be futile in Canada.

:GM_FCA:

61 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

82 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

For Clay Being on Network TV soon, forthwith, down the road, in the near future, before long, etc....

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I guess you've blocked out the Tried and True tour in February and March then. Hee.

bwah..was that this year? Feels so long ago.

LUCKY!!

I think that's the problem...it FEELS like it was forever, to a fandom that has been programmed to get something every few weeks or so. Residual effects from 2003-4. Plus, add that his last album was music that not many people enjoyed *coughcoverscough*, and this has the promise of being an original song *coughupbeatcough*, so people are dying to hear the song early.

I will say though that I see expectations rising again, while realist me is saying...you know, this original song could be a ballad. *g*

Oh I assumed it was a ballad even though it's an original song.

I think that remains to be seen (or heard) There is no reason to think it's not a ballad just like there is no real reason to think he's going to be on Celebrity Apprentice.

Or whatever else the fandom has conjured up out of whole cloth... :cryingwlaughter:

Is Clay still with Decca? Why did I think he wasn't.

Happy Monday.

Because it was widely assumed (and not just within the fandom) that he was dropped by them. For example, he's no longer on Decca's official list of artists on their web page. However, as far as I know, there was no official announcement. In my opinion, it was "wishful thinking" for many, because they felt that Clay got just as much of a bad deal as he did at RCA. That kind of makes me laugh, as so many were so thrilled when he left RCA. The music business is cruel, ya'll. Just sayin'.

Oh I assumed it was a ballad even though it's an original song.

I think that remains to be seen (or heard) There is no reason to think it's not a ballad just like there is no real reason to think he's going to be on Celebrity Apprentice.

Or whatever else the fandom has conjured up out of whole cloth... :cryingwlaughter:

Yeppers.

Personally, I hope it is a ballad. :twinklewhore:

:cryingwlaughter:

I believe Clay said his deal with Decca was for one cd. After the head of Decca left, Clay didn't have anyone there to help promote the cd. So my guess is that they either liked some of Tnt or they are impressed with his work ethic making the tour happen and decided to test the waters with the single. No matter what I am betting my last dollar that Clay's management makes sure the single is heard. :snoopy:

ETA: doesn't matter to me if it's a ballad or not. Ballads can be successful if they are properly promoted.

I've missed a lot of Clay stuff because I couldn't afford it, or because work interfered, or because it entailed connecting flights which I don't do. I wanted to go to Vegas, but couldn't. I wanted to go to the OMG concert, but work prohibited that. I'd like to go to Raleigh for the gala this year, but December is a very bad month for me, which is why I've never been to a Christmas concert either.

Clay doesn't owe me diddly. I'm a big girl and I don't whine or stomp my feet, and I don't play with people who do.

Age isn't mellowing me.

And because Jaymes is involved she is all ready being set-up by some fans to be the fall guy if the single fails...I really don't care if it is a ballad or not..I hope whatever it is does well and leads to Clay being able to tour again.

Kim

It's something Clay hasn't sung yet so I'm happy. Don't care if it's a ballad, upbeat, new or old. It's Clay so I'm sure I'd even like it if it was opera or rap, although I'm really hoping he's not planning on making a career change in either direction.

I'm like ldyj in that I don't download everything anymore, or if I download it, it may be a while before I listen or watch it unless it is a new song from Clay. I do understand those who still do, and who need more from Clay, because I was there for many years. But while I understand the need, I don't get the entitlement that some feel. They act like Clay should put us before his friends and family, which is a crock of shit in my opinion.

Oh, and the reason I don't have to download everything anymore has nothing to do with my feelings for Clay. I am just as committed to him now as I've always been. It takes a little more to get me excited these days, kind of like when my kids were babies and everything they did was new and adorable, but as they got older, not so much. Now I did get excited, as you probably could tell from my emote blow out the other day, when Clay told us about the single. There are lots of reasons I don't pounce on the clack like I did before. Been busier, which is good. Some minor health stuff, which is bad. And because, just as with my kids, it wouldn't be healthy if I was as obsessed with any of them as much as I was in the beginning. My kids wouldn't have enough money for that much therapy.

Haven't stopped by this board for a couple of years. But, I'm still here for Clay! Was supposed to go to the Gala--had the ticket five minutes after they went on sale--but, date change won't work. Already planning to go next year instead.

I'm thrilled about the new song and hope it does well. The man needs to be heard!!! Cannot wait for January to hear it for myself.

:GM_FCA:

60 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

81 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

For Clay Being on Network TV soon, forthwith, down the road, in the near future, before long, etc....

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:P Well hell, I guess Im just a boring fan cause I like Jaymes, hope he does do a weekly show even if it is CA so I can see him and watch him and listen to him laugh once week on my tv. And I honestly dont give a rats ass if the new single is a ballad, a rap or a Hungarian folk song as long as it is well received. I just want so much for his talent to be acknowledged and appreciated by the general public so he can continue to perform, tour and sing for meeeee! Is this asking too much for christ sake?! Is it, huh?!

Because afterall it is all about meeeee!

:P Well hell, I guess Im just a boring fan cause I like Jaymes, hope he does do a weekly show even if it is CA so I can see him and watch him and listen to him laugh once week on my tv. And I honestly dont give a rats ass if the new single is a ballad, a rap or a Hungarian folk song as long as it is well received. I just want so much for his talent to be acknowledged and appreciated by the general public so he can continue to perform, tour and sing for meeeee! Is this asking too much for christ sake?! Is it, huh?!

Because afterall it is all about meeeee!

Don't forget about me.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Can't say I'm a big fan of Jaymes, at least in her online interactions with fans, but can't figure out why they wouldn't want her involved considering OMWH was the cd that the complainers seemed to like the most. Me, I'm easy, I liked them all. He sang. I listened. Me likey.

I only come here, CV and OFC, and I have not read of any fans making Jaymes the fall guy if the single does not do well. That's news to me. I really don't care what the single is, as long as it gets the radio play that Clay wants, and it gives a big boost to his career. I have a hunch that it will be different than the music Clay likes to sing because of the name of his blog "Winds of Change."

Me, I'm easy, I liked them all. He sang. I listened. Me likey

Thread title?

Every bit of Clay news comes with an adjustment period. LOL So how long before we can start adusting to CA or cross it off the list. Isn't there some announcement coming soon?