# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

Reading around,why can't Clay's fans just be happy for him. I have never been upset because I could not attend something and was just happy to read some red reports. When he started in Spam I did not think I would ever be able to go and loved all the reports we were getting. Same with the Gala's, my computer was slow and could not download most of the video. I just was happy reading. I know some are upset about not hearing the song but it will be out in January. I do not think my AC station here will play it because they have not played him since 2004, did play him once a day when he was appearing in Clio then nothing. I do not do I-tunes my computer does not cooperate, so I hope my concert buddy can get the song for me if it becomes available. I am going to the Gala because of the date change and because I was lucky enough to get a bonus at work and also won the weight challenge last year. This maybe my only time, but I actually bought the ticket before the announcement of the single.

Reading around,why can't Clay's fans just be happy for him.

whistling-1.gif Yeah, you'd think, right? Unfortunately we've been around this block a few times before. Same old, same old. I look forward to reading all gala reports as soon as I get back from Quebec, and hope I don't have to wade through the shit to do it.

I'll be looking forward to gala reports too. I've never been able to afford to go and unless I get a sugar daddy or win the lotto I probably never will. Even if I did have the money to go right now, there is so SO much more that I need, like clothes, because all that fits me right now are summer things which doesn't help in a Michigan winter. I could easily kill $1000 on a shopping spree right now on needed items. lol

Disappointment is understandable..I think we have been spoiled with all the clack we have had over the years, but this is Clay's Gala and his decision and I think we have to respect that. The sense of entitlement annoys me to no end...this is not about the fans, this is about The National Inclusion Project and Clay's career.

Kim

" The sense of entitlement annoys me to no end "...I think this sums it up very nicely. I couldn't have said it better. I was getting a headache wading through the whining on some of the boards...what a pitiful lot. :cocktail:

I have to miss the Gala this year...one of these years I'm gonna get me one of them thar money-makin machines but I'll gladly settle for the stories from those lucky enough to get there and the song will be ours too soon enough. :listen:

December is a busy month. It's Xmas time, end of year for work, and I have a week vacation. Next year the song and the show will come right on time. Looking forward to buying it. I wish them all luck with radio. I know zero about the radio stations in my area and I am even less interested in pop music than I was 8 years ago LOL. Can't wait to hear impressions of the song. That's all I need.

I haven't read around elsewhere but I gather there is whining and entitlement etc etc etc - in other words same old same old.

I never get to go to anyClaything and I can't see the point of whining if some man I do not know chooses not to put on a concert/gala/allow clack in my area.

I am so grateful for the clack when we get it.

I will be forever grateful and amazed at the serendipity of me planning a trip (for years!) and Clay just happening to be performing in a musical at the same

time and place where I happened to be. I am stillgrinning about that one.

Anyhow, how is everyone? Good? Nice thanksgiving?

Anyone want a 17 yr old? Going real cheap at the moment.

Couchie, there are quite a few of us going to the Gala so I'm sure there will be discussion of the single. And discussion and discussion. We will discuss it to death. :cryingwlaughter:

ausdon I don't remember your story of going to the Clay concert. If you have the time could you tell us again? And good luck getting rid of your 17 year old. :cryingwlaughter:

Thanksgiving (and a five day weekend for me) is finally over. Dinner went well yesterday, although I don't think it was my best meal ever. But my family had a good time, and that's all that matters, right?

Oh, so THAT's what it's all about. As someone said, "same old, same old." Predictability rules...

:GM_FCA:

6 Days until The True Colors Concert! :yahoo:

11 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

33 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

76 Days until the Premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!...:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Reading around,why can't Clay's fans just be happy for him.

whistling-1.gif Yeah, you'd think, right? Unfortunately we've been around this block a few times before. Same old, same old. I look forward to reading all gala reports as soon as I get back from Quebec, and hope I don't have to wade through the shit to do it.

Amen and OY!!! I got a serious headache reading the whining drama ( not here of course) and it made be both a little angry and sad. What gives with some folk? Why is it so hard to understand and just be happy we actually have something(s) to look forward to hearing about. Not all that long ago noone was certain we would have ANYTHING on the horizon for a long time if at all. I am thaaarilled for all who can attend any Clay event! And grateful for their reports that allow those of us who can't to enjoy some of the experience.

And let me just add that I WANT AS MUCH RED REPORTING DETAILS ON EVERY ASPECT OF THE GALA AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE! PLEASE AND THANKYOU :-)

Oh, and no spoilering pleeeeease! It is impossible for folks like me on mobile devices to read them...which would make me a very grumpy puppy. *begs those attending. muah* :wub:

Off topic -- Some of you here encouraged me to watch The Big Bang Theory. I've been taping it for a month now and watching all the old repeats and it is hysterical. I'm literally laughing my ass off right now on the one where Leonard's mom comes to visit. I love Christine Baranski.

On Topic - I can honestly feel the pain about no gala clack. But it's understandable. I remember in the old days, pre cellcert, how fun it was to read the Clayboard reports. We'll survive.

:yahoo:

Couchie, there are quite a few of us going to the Gala so I'm sure there will be discussion of the single. And discussion and discussion. We will discuss it to death. :cryingwlaughter:

ausdon I don't remember your story of going to the Clay concert. If you have the time could you tell us again? And good luck getting rid of your 17 year old. :cryingwlaughter:

Why Fear I would love to!

We had said for years that one day we would take the kids to America and 2008 ended up being the year. The kids were 10 and 13- not a bad age to remember stuff and also past the age of not keeping up or needing to have special foods, car seats etc like when they were babies. 2008 also saw my husband change jobs within the same company (a bank) so it was easier to take some long service leave in between. In fact he had been working away from home on a 6 month secondment. They flew him home a lot of weekends but during the week it was the boys & I.

This left me alone at night after the kids were in bed so I had a lot more internet time. I had already found Clay (on Martha Stewart show)and the boards but now I started to post a bit more.

I was left to research and organise the big trip. I went through a travel agent but wanted to know what I was booking.

You can imagine my excitement when I started hearing about Spamalot. First the rumours and then the announcement. I hardly dared check the dates.......

EEEEEEEEEE!!! :twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore:

Of course I looked up about Spamalot and read that it was a "guys" musical. Being the considerate wife & mother that I am, I booked the tickets. :yahoo:

Then I started asking about places to stay, things to see etc on here and also on the Clayboard(?)where they had a big thread about NYC.

A couple of ladies, ChaChaTrusty and Anna bear, got in touch and we arranged to meet up in Washington and NYC.This was a great thrill for me and really made the trip special although my son was concerned that we were meeting up with someone off the internet. Which he is NEVER allowed to do. Ever. :hahaha:

Finally made it to NYC!!!! I love musicals and saw six in six nights.Bliss. DH & the boys saw 3 and went to baseball & basketball and stayed home one night. I booked Spam and Wicked before I left home so as not to miss out but the others were all from half price tix - if I ever get to go again its the only way to do it. They slug you hard when booking through a middle man in another country and they can't tell you where your seats will be either.

I saw Spam the night before our family tickets--because I had to see if it was indeed suitable for the children, you understand. Absolutely no other reason what.so ever.

Loved Spam! Not a particular Monty Python fan but loved loved loved it.

The understudy in the female lead was great, Tom Deckman was hilarious, and that chicken knight fella- :BlowKiss:

The next night the family came along and they all loved it too. DH said to me "Which one is Clay Aiken?" I pointed him out

and he said "Really? Thats him?" - I don't know what he expected! (All the rest of the trip we quoted lines to each other - "they're coconut 'alves" & "but I feel happy" being two faves)

It was "Broadway Cares"nights so no stage door but hey ho. I am still grinning as I am typing this.

The whole trip was great - started in Florida and travelled up to Quebec City - but NYC was my favourite. I aim to get back there one day and who knows? Maybe there will be another show or a concert with a certain person in.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Another Big Bang Theory fan here...Christine Baranski is a hoot as Leonard's mother..don't miss the episode when she and Penny had a girl's night out..what a hoot!

5 Days until The True Colors Concert! :yahoo:

10 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

32 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

75 Days until the Premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!...:yahoo:

Kim

My travel buddy and I will be arriving in Raleigh on Thursday at 2:30PM. We will be taking a cab to the Marriott. We can do four to a cab, so if there is anyone arriving at that time, we have room for 2 more. Please PM me.

Couchie, I was one of those who encouraged you to watch Big Bang. I am glad that you are enjoying it. It just gets better and better. Sheldon's mom is hilarious too.

Really boring night tonight. It's been an icky nasty day with rain that turned to snow just a couple hours ago which knocked out our satellite (first time in years!) leaving me bored. to. death. tonight and cost me my shows! We've probably got about an inch out there right now but what amazed me more was the flooding...

This is a picture of a local freeway which has been shut down due to the flooding under the overpass...there must be 8-9ft of water! (clickable)

389911_885861684306_38505673_39006141_654547497_n.jpg

I feel bad for all those who have to deal with flooded basements too every time we get rain like this...

Another Big Bang fan here. We get new eps on Monday night and repeats every night at 7.00 and it is one of those shows that I'm happy to watch again and again.

Question for this quiet time: What are your shows that you would happily watch repeats of, time and time again ?

Mine are Big Bang, Mash, Vicar of Dibley, Are you being Served? - will think of some more.

7252.gif

Clay!!!!!!

I hope you have a great birthday, and that you have a wonderful, blessed year...

Oh, and Mr. Fear too -- have a good one!

____

Shows I could watch anytime? Star Trek (specifically Next Generation). M*A*S*H. Anything on the Food Network.

I think I must be the only person who watches "Community," which is directly up against Big Bang. It took a while to get going, but now I love it. Very smart humor, IMO. And of course, it's now on hiatus...because it's up against Big Bang. (I'm going to start streaming Big Bang sometime over Christmas, I think...)

Happy Birthday Clay!

4 Days until The True Colors Concert! :yahoo:

9 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

31 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

74 Days until the Premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!...:yahoo:

Kim

Tweets from yesterday, via Openly Clay:

A sighting this evening on a flight from LA to NC...

naeemfazal

On the plane with Dexter!-I feel strange-but he sitting with Clay Aiken-seriously!!-and they are headed to charlotte with me!

And later from the same tweeter...

Just chatted with Colin hanks from Dexter!-nice guy!-I think I scared him-I thought it would be the opposite

Lol, I wonder what the guy did to scare Colin?

More tweets:

RockyLaBarre Rocky LaBarre @

@allenge13 No. @clayaiken was polite. He waited for me to step in the aisle ahead of him but #UncleB was on his cell. I told him to go ahead

RockyLaBarre Rocky LaBarre @

@allenge13 I saw him several times and didn't realize it was@clayaiken until the end of the flight. @michael_c_hall was sat next to him.

Interesting. LA to Charlotte. Bet he spent Thanksgiving with Jaymes and Parker there....