# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

I'm here too, just having a busy week with the dog and everything. He is doing well, but I have to keep his bandage dry and clean. We got a good dumping of snow overnight, so this morning I really had to bundle his leg up with plastic and tape to take him out. He loves the snow and he has so much pent up energy right now! I should get the results of the pathology back early next week. Fingers crossed!

I'm here too. I'm working a 7 day straight work week at the moment and I'm pooped!

luckiest, (((hugs))) for your doggie. ldyj, hope you and DH have a blast!

Just read this posted by notacanuck at CC. LOVE the "shrewd and cunning bastard" comment! heh

I am really looking forward to this show :twinklewhore:

Dalton Ross of EW talks about Celebrity Apprentice -- he watched the first episode and said he was really impressed with Clay. He's a shrewd and cunning bastard, totally into the competition. In it to win it, and Dalton loves competitors with that kind of attitude. And seems very very smart. He's Dalton's pick to win the show.

http://itunes.apple....ast/id328076847

I'm here, I wasn't having a great week. I started taking a different way to work because I wanted to avoid some major freeway construction. Once on the way home I went the wrong way, and yesterday I went the wrong way going to. I was so flustered. I was supposed to go in today but after all the snow we got I didn't feel it would have been safe, and I heard even late this morning roads still weren't entirely clear. I'm glad I didn't go in. I felt a LOT better this morning too after getting 10 hours sleep. I think that's what I needed most.

Just listened to the interview and liked it. :) Does that guy have a column/blog/podcast with EW that we'll be able to follow through the season?

OOPS!....JUST IGNORE ME.... :clay:

I tried to post a link, it didn't work...so I tried to delete the post, it wouldn't let me....so I OOPST IT!!!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :whistling-1:

Try to listen to that podcast , it's great to actually hear someone from EW say something positive about Clay.

Tree, So someone at my company organized a group event for a Giants came on a Friday night in April. I think it's the 27th, I'll double check. I bought you a ticket in case you are able to come. It's the cheap seats but should still be fun.

LOL that Clay made an impression on the first episode. I'm not surprised!

Whitney's passing makes me both sad and angry. Such a waste! I hope her daughter has a lot of support around her!

Tree, So someone at my company organized a group event for a Giants came on a Friday night in April. I think it's the 27th, I'll double check. I bought you a ticket in case you are able to come. It's the cheap seats but should still be fun.

This makes me very happy!!! :dancetom: Thanks for thinking of me, Couchie!

:GM_FCA:

7 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

8 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

44 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning. It's a sad day for Whitney's parents and daughter. Everyone assumes it was the drugs that killed her but it may have been a congenital health problem. Whatever it was doing drugs didn't help.

I totally understand why Clay left the west coast and the music industry. He needed his family to ground him. I'd rather he be less relevant than be part of a publicity directed scene. I only wish more people could see what he has accomplished on his own. However dealing with DT is a whole other story.

We are going next door today to celebrate our ex neighbor's 85th birthday. She was always a wonderful neighbor to our kids, our cats and to us. :cryingwlaughter:

Enjoy your day!

Long time drug use could have deteriorated her health over time. She was such a good little church girl - or at least had that reputation for such a long time before she descended into drugs short cutting what could have been an even better career in music and film. A little known factoid is that it took the African American community (I won't speak for all and definitely not me as I always loved her) a while to fully embrace her. I think it was the fact that she had that great voice yet Clive Davis had her singing pop songs. Some thought of her as souless and rhythmless which is a major crime in some circles. Found this 1991 article that addresses some of that, ironic in many ways since knowing what was to come. http://findarticles....ag=content;col1

In hindsight it's a good thing they moved celebrity apprentice.

ETA: I didn't realize Whitney had finished filming a remake of Sparkle w/Jordin Sparks in the title role. Dang I was 14 when the original Sparkle came out. I think I had to sneak to see it with all that sex, drugs and rock and roll. I'm not sure this is one that needed a remake.

Hey gang! In the passenger seat of my car with hubby driving. We realized yesterday that we had signed up to make hubby's phone a "hot spot", so we could surf without paying! And I can use the iPad in the car!

Got a text message alert last night about Whitney. How very sad, as she did have a wonderful voice. Clay's tweet was ver nice about this.

One more week! I am so excited about seeing CApp finally!

Home again! And unpacked! I didn't sleep well last night -- that's what happens when you are in a strange room, plus you stayed up later than normal bedtime in order to hear some great live music! I'm sure I'll be crashing in about two hours.

Anyway...

Stunned Celebrities Mourn Whitney Houston (via CNN.com)

Clay's tweet is listed.

Watching the Grammys and god is it boring. Just trying to hold out for Adele. A standing O for Taylor Swift? Really?

So Adele was worth staying up. As ya'll know I'm not really into pop music but thanks to this guy at work who turns up the radio in the office every time one of her songs comes on - and they come on every hour on the hour LOL - I am a fan.

Blake Shelton is my new boyfriend. He's so cute. Never heard of him before 2 weeks ago. Glen Campbell sounded better than 90% of the "talent"on the stage tonight.

And Jennifer's tribute song was excellent.

The rest was not my cuppa. And it went on and on and on.

So next week is Celeb App, and TAR yay and TGW returns. I just put CA on season pass on the DVR.

Loved: Adele, Bruce Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Alicia Keyes/Bonnie Raitt, Sir Paul (I will always have a soft spot for him), the Beach Boys reunion, JHud, and the Glen Campbell tribute. I just couldn't watch Glen sing though...it makes me too sad. He was my first crush (when I was four!). I'm OK with Taylor Swift. The rest -- eh.

Off to a busy, busy week for me!

:GM_FCA:

6 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

7 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

43 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The Grammys were "meh" for me. It wasn't an "absolute have to see" in hopes of artists I like winning -- that just isn't there. And over the years I've watched, a looot of the performances have been brutal. I taped it and watched it back later.

Adele is crazy talented and I really like her for who she is, but I just can't seem to get on that bandwagon. Too much media hype and I tend to dislike something, and for me that's where it's gone.

The only other performances I really liked were Jennifer Hudson and Bruno Mars. Then, I was going to skip Katy Perry's but I heard she debuted a new song and I liked it! :clay: I was looking forward to Nicki Minaj's too but it was sooo strange! I couldn't get into it.

I will agree with Couchie that Glen Campbell did sound really good, he's not my cuppa though.

Worst "performance": Deadmau5 ("dead mouse" aka that guy with the giant mouse head). Dubstep isn't music!!!! My guy friends really like this kind of stuff and my girl friends and I hate it!

The only way I will watch most shows these days is PVRed. Once you get accustomed to be able to skip commercials, it becomes tortuous not to. I watched half The Grammys last night and half this morning. I do not like a lot of the top 40 type music, so I skipped a fair bit, but enjoyed Adele, the Beach Boys tribute, the Johnny Cash tribute & Glen Campbell (is it wrong that I still know every word of Rhinestone Cowboy?), and of course Sir Paul. I bought his new album on iTunes but still haven't listened to it properly yet. I need a quiet time in order to do that, since it is so low key and right now my house is just buzzing. But it was nice to see him rock out at the end, with a little help from his friends, too. ;)