# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

BTW...we are FINALLY get close to needing a new thread, which means suggestions for new thread TITLES. We don't have many suggestions, I think there are only two. Anyone? I'll probably post a survey question over the weekend or so, maybe early next week....

I was reading comments somewhere (even though I know I shouldn't) and I was pleasantly surprised by a one-liner that seemed to come from an NJU Celeb App watcher. Now if I could remember where I read it and locate it, I can bring it over as a suggestion. :)

yeah I'm afraid to look into it. That site was piggy backing on Ansa's husbands site and really I've had way over a year to move everything. PerusingOne graciously offered us space. So if he closed it out there's really no one to blame but myself. Great start to the weekend.

I know Clay is involved in a lot of what's going on but the editing seems to go to him mostly for reaction shots and then his talking heads. I hope that changes soon. Do we have any idea when he will be project manager?

I've had a lot of NJU's commenting to me on the show lately (mostly at work) and they all say either "Clay's not in it much" or "Clay's really flying under the radar so far". I didn't follow the goings on when it was taping as closely as some, but I would think he was probably project manager for the Crystal Lite campaign because he was pushing for donations but couldn't guarantee that they would go to NIP (at least that's how I remember it). No idea how far into this thing that will be though.

I never listened to any of George's comments about Clay after he was fired - were they nasty? I like George and feel bad that his charity didn't get any $$, but to be totally honest, his voice was driving me nuts. I mean, seriously, does he always speak as though everything is a voice over? I mean in his real life? It must take him forever to have a conversation. :P

:GM_FCA:

16 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I never listened to any of George's comments about Clay after he was fired - were they nasty? I like George and feel bad that his charity didn't get any $, but to be totally honest, his voice was driving me nuts. I mean, seriously, does he always speak as though everything is a voice over? I mean in his real life? It must take him forever to have a conversation. :P

I've not listened either, only read, but George has been going on and ON about how "catty" and "backbiting" Clay was. I personally am comparing that to what I've read from almost everyone else connected to the show, who has said that Clay was a fabulous player of the game. Frankly, I think George is being fed to ramp up the drama. OTOH (and I believe KAndre can back me up on this) -- George and William Shatner have had a feud for years. I originally thought it was all on Shatner, just because I've never cared for him all that much. But now? I'm wondering how much of that feud was George holding on to petty grievances.

And yes, George. Takei. talks. that. slowly. in. real. life.

I know Clay is involved in a lot of what's going on but the editing seems to go to him mostly for reaction shots and then his talking heads. I hope that changes soon. Do we have any idea when he will be project manager?

From the CH:

"CELEBRITY APPRENTICE"

(X) "PARTY LIKE A MOCK-STAR"

03/25/2012 (09:00PM - 11:00PM) (Sunday) : THE CELEBRITIES CREATE AND HOST A CRYSTAL LIGHT MOCKTAIL PARTY LAUNCHING A NEW CRYSTAL LIGHT MOCKTAIL FLAVOR

The Celebrities' hosting skills are put to the test when Mr. Trump tasks the teams with putting on a party to promote Crystal Light. One team creates the ultimate beach experience, complete with beach balls and bikini babes, while the other team creates an exotic Garden of Eden. The executives have a difficult decision on their hands, but one team emerges victorious and Donald Trump fires another celebrity. Boardroom advisors: Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. Special guests Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb (NBC's Today Show).

So, it looks to be in two weeks.

Personally, I'm OK with the editing so far with Clay. First of all, knowing things that we kinda know, I'm sure they are giving those who will be leaving soon more screen time. *g* Secondly, I love his reaction shots and his comments. It seems to me that he gets to make his observational comments more than anyone else on the cast (although I could be totally biased in that way), and his reaction shots say a LOT to me as well. (I loved it when Eric Trump picked up on that...) Also -- have we heard some of these people speak much? Michael Andretti, anyone? I also frankly think it was smart for Clay to hold off being PM for a while; it didn't put a target on this back too early in the competition. (I really get the feeling he studied the show before agreeing to do it.)

I'm not fond of speculation, but I'm LOVING trying to speculate what happens when on this show, via what we know from last year and what we know from clips. For example, jmh and I had an interesting discussion about this the other night. We know that Adam and Debbie are PM's this week. My speculation is that the men's team loses again, and Adam definitely goes home. However, Trump has said that two people will be fired this week, and I think it will either be Michael Andretti (because he didn't step up to the plate during a CAR challenge, of all things) or Tia Carrere (because it looks from the previews that she and Debbie have it out in the boardroom).

I've read that the next challenge is to make a viral video for a mop company. We know very little about that one. Next will be Clay's Crystal Light challenge, followed by the NYC guidebook challenge. And then, we're back to knowing very little through to the end. Oh, there is speculation though that the teams get mixed up at some point, and I'm thinking Lisa Lampanelli gets to work with Clay (which is how their friendship developed).

've had a lot of NJU's commenting to me on the show lately (mostly at work) and they all say either "Clay's not in it much" or "Clay's really flying under the radar so far".

Not surprised. That's the kind of edit he's gotten so far. And on the latest long clip it was more of the same. That's why I'm glad he's project manager soon. I've watched much reality TV in my day and at the end I want people to say wow he earned that. But we have a long way to go and as the cast gets smaller and smaller things should really heat up and the edit will be forced to change. LadyJ thanks for refreshing my memory on what we know from the outside looking in. I may need to go read some back notes on that one.

So was George Takei saying things about Clay BEFORE the show got underway or is he basing his feelings on what he saw on the show.

So was George Takei saying things about Clay BEFORE the show got underway or is he basing his feelings on what he saw on the show.

Actually, that's hard to determine. Most of George's publicity with the show has been this week. We really don't know if he was surprised by some of Clay's comments while they were filming, or when he finally saw the show this past week. I'm kinda at the point where I just don't care about what George says -- I'm in it for Clay!

Everyone on the men's team spoke highly of George, including Clay. Some think George was disgruntled because of the Betty White joke, but if you watch the rerun when Clay said that, George had a huge smile on his face. Myself, I think it's all hype to promote the show and people are taking it seriously. George is an actor and I'm sure he can string a line in an interview as well as anyone else. Anyway, that's my take on the situation. :cocktail:

ldyj wrote:

Personally, I'm OK with the editing so far with Clay. First of all, knowing things that we kinda know, I'm sure they are giving those who will be leaving soon more screen time. *g*

I really hope like hell you're right.

As for Takei, I sense a clash of some sort between the two of them from the start. And I don't think it's in the edit, or drama spin. I certainly dislike the verbage (nasty catty remarks) Georgie used thus far.

Hurt my back and heading off to bed since I need to be up at 5:30AM for work.

Remember to set your clocks ahead tonight!!

Still trying to use this old Mac laptop. Lost my post yesterday, not to mention a few letters from the keyboard, As far as George's comments, he got some negative responses from Adam and Arsenio in the board room also. But I think Clay's comment that he is slow thinking rather than a poor manager probably hit closer to home. He may possibly have a physical condition and objected to Clay disclosing one of the symptoms. Who knows? It's not so easy being the youngest and the oldest. I thought they should have edited out George's stumbling over Clay's name as I'm sure that embarrassed him. They are the folk's George should be angry with.

I'm really enjoying watching TCA and saw this last episode three times. Always see something new each time. :cryingwlaughter: I even added the app to my Droid, but it doesn't appear to be interactive. Maybe it's the wrong one.

So far no problem with Daylight Savings Time. I just went to bed an hour earlier.

:GM_FCA:

15 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Anyone have any thread suggestions? I'll probably put up the poll first thing tomorrow morning. Here's what we have so far (and those are all from the fall of last year):

Me, I'm easy, I liked them all. He sang. I listened. Me likey.

He sang. I listened. Me likey.
Clay Aiken sings his ass off. Completely off. He has to pick it up and carry it out when he leaves the studio.

Now, consider the fact that it's taken us almost 6 months to use a thread...so we may want to be a bit forward thinking in our suggestions. I'll see if I can't find a few myself...

I'm watching for Clay's tweets, and using my iPad at the same time. This could get crazy!

First few tweets:

30 minutes away from#celebapprentice on #NBC Don't miss tonight's excitement. 9/8 c

Here it comes! Tonight's "classy moment" is a verbal one. Listen for it right after out #UnanimousVeranopresentation. #celebapprentice

If you don't have the#celebapprentice app for your phone... it's TOTALLY worth getting!goo.gl/3tMX6

And that's what I'm using on my iPad!

A funny one from Dee:

Remember: have a shot every time Ferigno says 110% and@LisaLampanelli says bitch!

.@adamcarolla has studio n LA 4 his podcast and other ventures. It's FILLED with cars and mechanical stuff. I thought he was perfect 2 lead.

Isn't it convenient that @LouFerrignois even wearing a green shirt?

Hey @deesnider it takes me a LONG time to grow facial hair... I have to hold on to it when it come in!! ha ha

And, @deesnider what we should be more worried about is that zit on my neck! It is getting to be as large as@LouFerrigno arms

I hope @DebbieGibson doesn't stop that far past stop signs when she drives in public!

I swear I was trying to think of something different to talk about@adamcarolla listening... but thats all that came out!

That's true! "Everybody LOVES Lou Ferrigno!" ;-) ... You don't need to TELL us @LouFerrigno ;-)

Tweet from Aubrey:

Awe man, imma take a beating for the 'cool van' comment. I hate cool kids.. anyone that's a true fan of mine knows that! It was a joke!

Clay's reply:

@AubreyODay Thats not all you're gonna take a beating for n 2nites episode! @DebbieGibson fans are gonna be mad in 10 seconds

I've got a feeling @AubreyODay is gonna get another dig in at Debbie before the night's over.#breakingthe4thwall

@ILive4nCauseofU She may, but@AubreyODay has a BRAIN on her, no doubt!

if you do, you'll have liver failure tonight! RT @DonaldJTrumpJr@clayaiken @LouFerrigno Are we playing the 110% drinking game tonight!!

The Buick Verona???? My only guess is that @AubreyODay is a big fan of Shakespeare#unanimousverano

When u hear tonight's#classyclaymoment on#celebapprentice text CLAY to 50555 to donate $10 2 National Inclusion Project & @includingkids

Cool!

Tweet from hrstump:

@clayaiken Tuning in to end of#celebapp to see Clay, & it kills me to support anything Trump-related...#GoClay

Clay's reply:

Here it comes.. When u hear tonight's #classyclaymoment text CLAY to 50555 to donate $10 to National Inclusion Project and@includingkids

I heard it. Oh Clay...Waldo talk! Hee.

For the presentation. @adamcarollaKILLED it.. he was so good! RT@arkyUK1 ha. For Adam or the presentation?,,,, lol. Classy :)

I get to sit down in the boardroom!!!! Yippee!!

Three retweets from Clay:

@clayaiken Also that#classyclaymoment is worth way more than $10. I'll be making a more sizable donation.

Honestly @clayaiken is one of my favorite artists of all times so I'm loving that he's on apprentice

It is decided by producers. We sit where we are told. RT@srqsweetheart How is that decided?

If you missed tonights#classyclaymoment you should still text CLAY to 50555 to make a $10 donation to @includingkids

In solidarity with @adamcarolla s confidence, lets get#UnanimousVerano to trend tonight!

I think the opposite of "decisive" is "indecisive" @AubreyODay ;-) The board room gets us all tongue tied!

Translation to @IvankaTrumpstatement: " @Teresa_Giudiceyou're not as crazy as I thought you were!";-)

Way to try to stir the turd@DonaldJTrumpJr ... tell her to fight NOW!!! ha ha

She's actually not at all!! RT@Kath_n_NY @IvankaTrump@Teresa_Giudice oh but she is bat shit crazy !! LOL!!!

Only 27 people!?? Y'all can do better! RT @includingkids $270 raised tonight. 16,000+ followers could fund 16+ camps! Text CLAY to 50555

So he can hear. RT @kazzany yay! why does lou always sit next to the pm?

Gotta say... @LisaLampanelli wasn't the only person saying "Are you kidding me?"

Don Jr. replied to Clay's earlier tweet. Here is Clay's reply:

Better than anyone else! RT@DonaldJTrumpJr R u saying I would do such things??? ;) " Way to try to stir the turd. tell her to fight NOW!!!"

Better than anyone else! RT@DonaldJTrumpJr R u saying I would do such things??? ;) " Way to try to stir the turd. tell her to fight NOW!!!"

All the more reason to REALLY get#UnanimousVerano trending tonight!

I had a "heckle" in the presentation referring to the car's handling, but it got edited out. @deesnider and I also were the tech directors

Keeping my mouth shut unless asked to speak RT @ToriKoehlLooks like you're zoning out n the board room? Or just really not paying attention

They'll get it up this week. RT@KnotSoFast Can't find anything on NIP website re: how to "win" a signed brochure. @includingkids

MANY areas!!!!

Just you wait! Nxt wk! RT@BriAbbyMatt Hope @clayaikendoes something soon, feel like I'm wasting 2 hrs every Sun ngt. He's barely speaking

Apparently he does! RT@broadcast_britt do you think Adam should take ALL the heat?! you guys did an amazing job...im so confused!!!

Oh crap. I hope I didn't just piss off the Hulk! Love @LouFerrigno :-)

Tough love! RT @toni1991 Aw Snap@clayaiken put the shut down on The Hulk. Learning Curve over home pickle!!

From Don Jr.:

Ill promote the celebrity cage match "@clayaiken: Oh crap. I hope I didn't just piss off the Hulk! Love@LouFerrigno :-)"

I can take him! ;-) RT@DonaldJTrumpJr @LouFerrigno Ill promote the celebrity cage match "Oh crap. I hope I didn't just piss off the Hulk!"

Make NO MISTAKE @LouFerrigno is 1 of my favorites on the show. Anything I said 2 him that sounded mean was tough love & only 2b supportive!

Smarter than running my mouth just for the sake of talking. RT@bee_healthy why do you not speak very much in the boardroom?

The best part of tonights episode of#CelebApprentice may be the preview for next week. Stay tuned and don't miss it!!!

And of course, that's when my husband starts talking to me about the episode! AAAAGH! But I get the feeling the whole "condescending" part might be regarding people talking about Lou's abilities, especially with his being deaf in one ear.